Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Q-Lok's Content

There have been 5 items by Q-Lok (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100344 Introducing Oneirus: The NiGHTS Into Dreams Card Game

Posted by Q-Lok on 31 December 2012 - 08:17 PM in Creative Stuff!

Ah, I see. I suppose I'm just used to games where when a character is spent they remain so until your next turn.

That was actually the original idea, but if it were set up that way then Characters that had attacked would not be able to use Defenses during that turn, which I think would unfairly penalize aggression.

#100338 Introducing Oneirus: The NiGHTS Into Dreams Card Game

Posted by Q-Lok on 27 December 2012 - 10:08 PM in Creative Stuff!

This is very exciting, I can't wait to start playing! I've been in the TCG scene for years and this seems pretty well thought out. Of course it will take some test playing to get it fine tuned but you have a very solid base here. There is only one thing that I found strange. It was stated in the rules that attack events were the most common cause of a character being spent, however the restore spent characters step immediately follows the play events step, effectively restoring all the characters you spent immediately. It seems a bit odd to even have to spend them in the first place when that effect would be immediately undone. Was this intentional or am I simply misunderstanding the ruling?

PS: I'll see what I can do as far as artwork goes for you. ;)

As a matter of fact, it was intentional. The way that the rules and cards currently interact on that point causes Characters to attack only once per turn, except if using more expensive Attacks.

#100336 Introducing Oneirus: The NiGHTS Into Dreams Card Game

Posted by Q-Lok on 27 December 2012 - 03:38 AM in Creative Stuff!

This looks intriguing! Hopefully I can use it to get my card game-fan friends into NiGHTS!

Ah, yes... yes indeed. Perhaps this will be the gateway drug with which we can assimilate tabletop gaming culture into our own. Mwahaha! *evil chuckle*

Or maybe we can just give them a neat new toy, right? ^_^

#100333 Introducing Oneirus: The NiGHTS Into Dreams Card Game

Posted by Q-Lok on 26 December 2012 - 08:16 PM in Creative Stuff!

this is going to be awesome

I'm very glad to hear you think so! Feel free to download the card sheets and have a look, if you want to get started right away!

#100331 Introducing Oneirus: The NiGHTS Into Dreams Card Game

Posted by Q-Lok on 26 December 2012 - 04:01 AM in Creative Stuff!

Merry Christmas to you all, my favorite fandom of anything ever! I've been searching for the last six years for a fitting gift to give back to all of you, that would show you how important you and NiGHTS have been to me and to the direction my life has taken. Frankly, you all are a big part of why I am who and where I am in my life today, and I'm pretty happy with how that's turned out so far. So thank you, all of you.

Now, as for this gift itself... it's been a long time coming. I originally devised the idea in 2008 and worked on it for around six months before I hit a wall in its development. Then, somewhere around three weeks ago, I found my file on the project and had an epiphany allowing me to finish my work. The final result, with the invaluable assistance of Alamedyang, is what I have brought you today.

Now, on to the project itself!

Oneirus: the NiGHTS Into Dreams Card Game

Rules (Google Drive)
Be sure to read these carefully, since they're not 100% set in stone yet. We're working on getting everything nailed down and properly edited, but it's still got just a touch left to go.

Cards (MediaFire)
Bronze cards - Any number of each card here go in any deck
Silver cards - Up to three of each of these cards can go in any deck
Gold cards - Only one of each of these can go in each deck

These PDFs are around 5 MB each, and a card-back sheet should be forthcoming within the next couple of days (so that you can print fancy-looking cards yourself if you like), as will a page of counters for damage, Boosts, Dream Power, Drains, and Bonuses. Additionally, the cards do not have images yet! And I happen to be addressing the most artistic community I've ever seen! So: If you see a card for which you have drawn art, or want to draw art for, send an image which is 1048 x 790 pixels at 300 DPI to me (Q-Lok), or to Alamedyang and there's a very good chance we'll be using it for the final version.

Keep an eye on this topic, because I'll be updating it with each release (since we are going to keep the PDFs updated as card images get finished. For those interested, a full list of the cards that need images is directly below, as well as what the non-obvious ones were inspired by, in spoiler tags. If you want to submit card art, please make sure to include the card title so that we know which card you want the art on.
Spoiler

Now go forth, my compatriots, and play!

Credits

Lead Designer, Card Writer, Rules Design
Jacob Van De Graaff/Q-Lok

Lead Artist, Graphic Design, Logo Design
Alamedyang

Counter Design, Manufacturing Assistance
Wanko (contact information unknown)