Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Phantom Rin's Content

There have been 82 items by Phantom Rin (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#41218 Bye for now guys

Posted by Phantom Rin on 13 February 2008 - 06:43 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

:) Well I'm glad to see that you two are doing okay as well. For some reason I hadn't noticed this topic before so yeah sorry about that and I would've also dropped some words of support as well. So yeah, hope that its smooth sailing from now on for you guys.

#41215 Recommend a game!

Posted by Phantom Rin on 13 February 2008 - 05:35 PM in Community Corner

First of all please excuse my horrid grammar I know it sucks. :)
Hmm, maybe that Pocahontas game for Sega Genesis. Though it was actually good for a licensed game and was ok as a platforming/adventure type of game.(especially since there were NO endless pits and a good number of puzzle type obstacles). :P Though I am kidding it is a pretty good game.

In seriousness I would say Harvest Moon: Magical Melody. I do agree that there's been too many harvest moon games and that they haven't been too different and varied from one another. This is probably one of the best harvest moons however. It is more of a culmination of all the previous games in that it took stuff from them but adds a few new things as well. One example are the many characters appearing from the previous games. This game pretty much gives you a lot more stuff you could do than the other ones anyway. This is also more like animal crossing in style and in other aspects such as the interior decorating. There is also a lot of space in the game and one could pretty much buy the entire place except for a few spots that the villagers own of course. You aren't given much except a house but could plant stuff anyway as long as someone else doesn't own the land. This was good though you could build your barns and such almost anywhere and move it later if you want. Though it is sorta hard to start it gets easier to do more stuff as you can upgrade your buildings and tools. They do in this one give you a visible energy bar which when depleted makes you faint although you could refill the bar and extend it. You also don't have to go to your menu to get out items either. One thing they suggest you do is help the Harvest Goddess which is the only thing the gives it something of a story though it's optional but, it's sorta a side thing and you do get stuff out of it. You also have a farming rival who is always your opposite gender (looks the same either way) and you compete with her/him in farming sales.

It was sorta overlooked 'cause it had a chibi cell-shaded style but, it really isn't that bad in fact it was very cute. In fact this was way better imo than the previous gamecube harvest moons which were a/nother wonderful life. They were pretty deviating from the previous ones which isn't a bad thing but the only thing it had going for it was the family aspect everything else was lacking. It also sorta tried to make things realistic but cartoony which was way ugly. Especially the guys you can marry in the girl version and yes it does matter in this one 'cause it forced you to get married. I'd say even the gameboy advance version that came around the same time was better (if only for it's pick up and play). Sorry, no more bashing on that game now, heh heh ;) . MM however gave you much space and options and didn't really force you to do anything. I felt that they could've done more with the festivals and mini-games though. The town's people are very boring to talk to but, you do usually get something out of befriending them. You could also make different animals like you besides your farm animals though you don't get much from them except for the dolphin. There is probably some things they didn't add but it doesn't really detract from the finished game. Plus at its new price of $40 it was a great deal (esp. with the sheep plushie). I regret to say though that a European version hasn't come out yet.

#41189 SuperPians

Posted by Phantom Rin on 13 February 2008 - 02:01 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I seriously don't get the sparkly trail either. It seems that some me/pians that don't have it could gain it or lose it if it has any. The thing that seems to be against it being from a goodle is those mepian eggs that randomly appear from only a nightmaren 'cause they might still develop that star trail. Not sure about the thing about it liking you as I think I've also seen it on some that didn't exactly like me much.

#40607 Hola!

Posted by Phantom Rin on 07 February 2008 - 05:03 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hi there and welcome welcome. I hope you do find some people to play with of course.
My parents are from Argentina and visited there a couple of times (I was just there last year too).

#40100 Random questions

Posted by Phantom Rin on 04 February 2008 - 12:22 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Alright, thanks.

I have another one: why do my pians always die when I haven't left my garden? I see the number decrease all the time.

That's because they only seem to actually die if you leave the garden without feeding them. Thus if you don't want them to die make sure not are passed out (you know when there's swirling stars around them) when you leave the garden. Also you have to make sure all of them are fed when you're in the garden to see the actual total.

#40093 Random questions

Posted by Phantom Rin on 04 February 2008 - 12:06 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

You know you could just use the same topics for all your NiGHTS JoD questions. You don't really have to keep making new ones.
I'll answer your questions as best I can anyways.

Everyone is supposed to have their own dreamscape based on their personality, experiences, and such.

Blame the storyline people I don't know. It does seem like dumb decisioning on Reala's part or maybe there could be a reason they're not telling us (I doubt that.)

Shadow Nights is a removed character along with the Great Mother and nothing else is known.

The secret fight is secret obviously so lets just say beat the game with both kids with C's or higher and you'll see pretty much everything there is in the game.

Hmm, I guess someone finally got one but, I sure don't know much about it myself. I'll get right on that though seems interesting.

#40089 Stairs?

Posted by Phantom Rin on 03 February 2008 - 11:36 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Well, that'll appear later when you're far enough in the game. All that its for though is for you to be able to go to the last level.

#40016 Downloading internet on Wii

Posted by Phantom Rin on 03 February 2008 - 04:18 AM in Community Corner

Anything you buy on Wii shop Channel you'd be able to download at any time and you can also re-download if you need to.
So it's only a one time charge.

#39945 Pian Lifespan

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 11:18 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I thought they could only pass out when you're out of My Dream and only disappeared if you left your garden without feeding them.
I think that also counts for marens and they probably only eat pians when you're in the garden.
I think this because I played a bunch of levels and stopped playing without visiting them and when I went back to playing, their total in the diary was exactly the same.

#39932 My Dream Info

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 10:24 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

No, I checked him over. No arms, no... Well, maybe legs. I always forget to check the feet. I had just gotten the Scorpion Pian earlier that day, so...
So it's happened before?

Though, maybe a trait like that from a scorpian maren can be passed to an offspring that's a normal looking pian.

#39811 Lots of My Dream questions

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 04:13 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Well it gets harder to maintain them when there's more. Those dizzy star things means that it fainted and you need to give it blue chips or else if you leave the garden it will die.

#39795 The hat.

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 03:45 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Ah, a mystery as old as time itself... Or maybe just as old as NiGHTS and Reala. I always wondered about this hat thing... then I got to wonder about why Reala's face is the SAME color as his "pants"

Maybe It's cause those aren't pants. <_<

#39790 Lots of My Dream questions

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 03:37 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Yeah, Daisy's my name. Umm, those are just bubbles and they appear every so often anyway.
Check their halos to see if its hungry, if its yellow its fine, and its orange its hungry give it 1 blue chip. If it's red its about to faint give it 2 but, if it's has a dizzy symbol its fainted so you need to give it 2 chips to get it back to yellow.

edit: If you want any mepians I could give you one my garden is full of them.

#39782 Lots of My Dream questions

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 03:23 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I heard if a maren and a pian collide in my dream, it creates an egg. Would this produce a mepian?

Where does the name "mepian" come from, anyway?

I also heard marens eat nightmarens... Weird.

Naw, only in stages you can create mepians. As I've tried to explain by paralooping both or by a maren in ball form bashing/touching a pian.
Marens eat pians in My Dream but, I haven't seen them do that in the stages as pians are usually on the ground.
Mepian is probably just easier to pronounce than marepian I think.

#39757 Friend codes

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 02:41 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

You don't need to input it, as it will appear if you both register each other.

#39755 Dragons In my Dream

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 02:39 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

In addition to the dragon masks I had some pians holding up leaves and noisemakers (firecrackers? the little red things they spin around in their hands). I took some screen captures. Today was the first time I got to see what owl meant by them throwing a celebration or parade the first of every month. Kinda cool I guess.

Actually the leaves and firecrackers are normal you may not have noticed it before. Although my mepians are becoming a bit of a fire hazard.
The only thing that special for today it seems are the masks.

#39750 Lots of My Dream questions

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 02:31 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Ok, I guess I'll help you with these questions.

1. A cross-breed between a nightopian and a nightmaren.
You can make some by paralooping a pian and a maren at the same time in a stage or you may have to grab a maren and spin it so you can aim it at a pian and if it hits it, it will create an egg.

2.Well some you could grab and it'll paraloop by itself or you may make a big circle around them making sure the sparkles connect in a circle.

3.It probably is part mepian at least in the wings. A mepian can have up to 5 maren traits that can appear in the head, body, arms, feet, and wings.

edit: eh I type slow, you beat me to it

#39724 Your Marens in your Dreams...

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 01:52 AM in Dream Discussion

I'm sorry, but... "TORiAS?" What's that?

I think that's her fanmaren and/or muse. I'm not completely sure myself.

#39722 Nightmaren and Adaptations

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 01:48 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

And I thought maybe, they don't even have genotypes. Wizeman created them. Perhaps he was looking down and said "Hmm. I still need a water-based enemy." And created Gulpo.

More like that's what the games designers were thinking. Aah, I know I know we're speculating if they actually existed and...
who knows maybe he didn't create them exactly how there are now or maybe he decided they needed this and that.
Well I'm not sure how realistic we can get here I mean this is a game based on dreams anyways (hence not exactly much on the realism).

#39715 Create A NiGHTS Mii!

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 01:34 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Just to let you know, those particular mii were made using a flash-based mii creator, so it is way off from what you can actually do in the Wii.

#39691 Dragons In my Dream

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 01:14 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I pressume id does but I am not Certain.

Oops, my bad I had just realized my Wii's date is off by one day. Umm heh heh.... I kinda see it now, so yeah it is awesome.
I had forgotten I had messed with that (I blame Pokemon Snap!). Maybe it could be me but they do seem to disobey fire safety regulations even more today.

#39688 Nightmare question

Posted by Phantom Rin on 02 February 2008 - 12:59 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

So what key characteristics am I looking for?

It'd probably be obvious when you get one (most likely looks completely different than the parents or other me/pians). We're not sure of anything yet so it may still look like the last game's Kingpian or really different. My best guess right now is to hope it eventually happens to someone randomly and you could try to help by getting all the kinds of mepians there are (about 10) and they can all mix up their traits. As of right now I only have mepians and watch them get mixed up.

#39665 My Dream Info

Posted by Phantom Rin on 01 February 2008 - 11:46 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I figured it was just flying around, but when I got closer, it was on a flying carpet. It wasn't a Mepian, either, I don't think. It looked like a Normal Pian, although I've had 'Normal' Pians pull Mepians stunts before.
So, flying carpet. Anyone else seen it?

BTW, the level I played earlier was Will's Desert Area. Lost Park, I think it was called? Just in case that may have a part in it.

Look at it very closely then maybe it's just a small part mepian like the arms or legs. I've noticed that only my mepians that have a part of the scorpion maren did that. Also I don't keep Maren in my garden for the simple reason that I don't want them eating any I like when I'm not looking. I'd much rather just feed the ones I want to keep and let the rest starve. If you leave them unconscious when leaving my dream and then come back they will be gone. If you'd rather keep marens just remember to watch them or they may eat something you'd rather keep.

#39656 Nightmare question

Posted by Phantom Rin on 01 February 2008 - 11:10 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

So wait. You need the five pieces to be all the same? (being of the same nightmare?)

Nah, if it's of the same maren it'll just be a "purebred" mepian. Most likely its a random mix of five from different maren with maybe something like the head being pian(maybe?). Well all we know its some predetermined 5 things that will be called a kingpian. It most likely will be hard though to get another as I'm doubting it could make more.

#39655 SuperHappyFunTime NiGHTS Journey of Dreams Caption Contest

Posted by Phantom Rin on 01 February 2008 - 10:58 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Maybe a suggestion would be get more pictures perhaps?

Oh, wait I didn't see the previous post sorry.
Mmm, I could look for one probably.