Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Wizeman the Wicked's Content

There have been 37 items by Wizeman the Wicked (Search limited from 21-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#36030 Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 17 January 2008 - 06:16 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Actually, it was just a joke. I forgot that coin existed, actually.

What does that Pian do as it follows you, anyway?

#34875 They're getting rowdy o_o

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 10 January 2008 - 01:39 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

OH! Oh lord. Yes, my Pians do that. I thought you meant like, smoking a cigarette or something. Oh well. My chain-gang Pian is still going up on DeviantART.

Can't wait to see that. XD

#34874 Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 10 January 2008 - 01:37 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Turbo Farting Action? :angry: But you see my point, which is good.

Yeah. All in all, it was basically done to add variety to the missions, which they really didn't need to begin with. ^^;

#34843 They're getting rowdy o_o

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 09 January 2008 - 10:50 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

My Pians like to gather around the music boxes and sing. It's good because I know where most of them are, but it's bad since it's hard to feed them all when they're clumped together. When they're not singing, they're flying waaaay up high or dancing on the disco floor. I noticed the smoking. It amuses me so. xP

#34842 Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 09 January 2008 - 10:43 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I always wondered why NiGHTS would willingly degrade himself and let some child ride on his back while he transformed himself into a chauffer for the kid. It just doesn't seem logical. He can fly; why would he need to transform into other forms of transportation?

I had never even thought of that. The only one that can be explained was the boat mission. The current was too fast to fly after the drowning Nightopians, so NiGHTS transformed into a boat (BOaTS? XD) to give himself an advantage.

As for stopping the Nightopians from crashing in Lost Park, I don't see why NiGHTS couldn't just head the train off and stop it that way. I could have done without rollercoaster NiGHTS with turbo farting action.

#34648 Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 08 January 2008 - 06:10 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I guess it's just another one of those random, yet useful inventory items. Like the Chicken Gun from Shadow the Hedgehog. I know it has another name, but I don't remember it and frankly it's more fun to call it the Chicken Gun. Hilarious weapon. Extremely useful. Not looked into in the storyline.

Maybe, but the chicken gun is just one gun. We're talking about a whole group of items here that become available to NiGHTS out of nowhere. Also, NiGHTS has shown natural shape shifting properties without the aid of masks in this game (rollercoaster and boat) as well as in NiD (bobsled, fish tail, etc.)

#34647 Cutscenes

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 08 January 2008 - 06:04 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

It's a shame, really. I was expecting cutscenes of much higher quality too. Oh well...Maybe next time. D:

#34510 Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 07 January 2008 - 12:13 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

So now that we know that NiGHTS has hammer space, where do you suppose the masks themselves came from? I know there is no definite answer and that this is all speculation, but I found that the masks were so interesting, yet completely overlooked in the story.

#34490 Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 06 January 2008 - 10:42 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

That is true. My dreams never make sense. As I've mentioned in another thread, I've seen certain people end up as turkeys. Cyclops turkeys. *cough*

That should be one of NiGHTS' personas. Cyclops turkey NiGHTS can fire optic blasts at Nightmaren from a distance!

#34488 Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 06 January 2008 - 10:34 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

NiGHTS should wear all three on his face at once. *nod nod*

#34406 Regular 'Pians or Mepians?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 06 January 2008 - 03:52 AM in Poll Area

Nightopians are cute and all, but mepians are a lot more interesting. I love watching the little mutants.

#34405 Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 06 January 2008 - 03:46 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Since you obtain the different Personas from seperate treasure chests at the end of each level, I would assume that they are different masks...

Also, I haven't beaten Helen's story yet, but wasn't NiGHTS wearing a Persona mask (or something like it) in some Crystal Castle cutscenes?

Yeah, but Helen questions him and he takes it off. If the others are separate masks, where did they come from? Did Wizeman create those persona masks, too? Are there any special properties to the golden one other than the loyalty it represents? There are lots of things I'm curious about regarding them.

#34403 Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 06 January 2008 - 03:23 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

The Persona Mask is what allows NiGHTS to transform into his alternate forms, correct? You find the three personas separate from one another as you progress through the game, but it was my belief that they were all absorbed into the one mask from Wizeman. How is it that NiGHTS can use these personas when he refuses to wear the mask? I mean, before the final battle, he clearly throws the thing away, so I forgot to use it and lost when I first battled Wizeman. XD

So are all of the personas absorbed into the mask that represents loyalty to Wizeman, or are the three personas separate masks? I understand that it's a game. Heck, it's a game about dreams. I'm just curious to see whether or not I'm completely wrong, or just thinking too hard about a video game where just about anything is possible. :mellow:

#34219 Sales?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 05 January 2008 - 04:11 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I agree. As always, Nintendo seems to be the more kid-friendly console, so of course NiGHTS would be best to put on that console. Atleast in my opinion. I'd hate to see NiGHTS in a Shadow the Hedgehog-esque game.

I can imagine it..
You knew him as a guy in your dreams, doin' stuff for good.

NOW HE'S THE ONE CAUSIN' YOUR WORST NIGHTMARES.

Where then Nights proceeds to bust a few caps. ...Sorry, I often have a very wild imagination.

I can see it now, with one alteration. Though not quite an anti-hero like Shadow, Reala is red and black in color, making him the perfect candidate for wielding a gun. We can look into his tragic past as he questions who he is and whether or not he should continue serving as Wizeman's right hand. Oh, the horror. XD

#34216 Pure Valley Intro Screenies

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 05 January 2008 - 04:05 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Does anyone else think Owl is creepy looking? His eyes are way too small for his head! D:

#34215 Sales?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 05 January 2008 - 04:01 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Well the B button is a trigger. >.>;;;

Link's Crossbow Training, anyone? .-.

...... >_>;

I suppose there is the Wii zapper. I haven't played Link's Crossbow Training, but I'd like to think that it doesn't exist. >.>;

There's nothing wrong with FPS games, but when you're inundated eith them there's a problem. In fact, it's the main reason I never cared for the XBox.

#34211 Sales?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 05 January 2008 - 03:43 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I couldn't have said it better myself, although anyone who bought a Wii expecting a bunch of generic shooters needs to have his/her head examined.

#34210 2P Race

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 05 January 2008 - 03:37 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

XD There's showing off, too, but anyone who does that deserves to mess up and hit into them.

#34164 2P Race

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 04 January 2008 - 10:24 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

There's pretty much zero incentive to directly fly through spike rings. You gain no speed or dash (then again, unlike NiD, you don't gain speed by flying through rings in JoD period).

Yeah. The only time you want to fly through them is when they're in front of green rings, or when they're part of a shortcut. It's risky, but it sometimes it pays off. They're completely pointless in Pure Valley.

#34157 NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams Music

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 04 January 2008 - 09:40 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I love the music. All the music. Except the music in Chamelan's stage, that was a little trippy.

That's what makes the fight so great! XD

I don't know what it is about it, but I really enjoy the music during the Donbalon battles.

#34156 2P Race

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 04 January 2008 - 09:38 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I have to admit that I've been guilty of disconnecting, and I'd like to apologize if I've ever done so against anyone on this board. ^^;

I think the biggest problem with the 2P race is that you can collide with your opponent. I can't tell you how many times I've bumped into my opponent while drill dashing at the beginning of a race. n top of that, the rings disappear when your opponent goes through them, leaving you no hope of catching up unless your opponent smacks into some spikes, which almost never happens against experienced players. Knowing you'll never catch up takes the fun out of a race if you fall even the smallest bit behind. D:

#34155 It sucks playing online with some one who lags

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 04 January 2008 - 09:28 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

For me it's completely random. Sometimes I start up top and other times it puts me on the bottom.

#34085 A-rank tips?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 04 January 2008 - 06:56 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Any tips for Chamelan?

It's tricky and requires a little bit of luck, but you can paraloop him at the beginning so that he runs away. When he runs, drill dash ahead of him and try to make a hole for him to run into, then loop him again. I'm pretty sure that there's a video of it somewhere on youtube.

Ah, here it is:

Hope it helps!

#34080 Sales?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 04 January 2008 - 06:50 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

IIRC, NiD did well for being a Saturn title. Overall sales weren't that great though. JoD is on the Wii, which can't be compared to the Saturn in sales by any stretch...

Good point. The Saturn had a short lifespan and was almost completely overlooked. NiGHTS is one of the best titles on the console, which is why it did well. I think the problem with JoD is that it caters more towards the fans of the original than newcomers who have never heard of the series, seeing as the Saturn wasn't the most popular console at the time. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. It just means that the majority of the people who buy it are the people who played the original.

#34055 Sales?

Posted by Wizeman the Wicked on 04 January 2008 - 05:27 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

It's kind of sad that the game isn't selling well. I'm not going to worry about it, though. From what I've heard, NiD didn't sell too well, but look at the popularity it gained. It was the true fans that demanded a sequel, so as long as there are die-hard fans, NiGHTS will not fade from existence.