Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Draykon's Content

There have been 40 items by Draykon (Search limited from 24-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64595 Exploration on foot?

Posted by Draykon on 11 November 2008 - 02:05 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Well, today I picked up JoD today for the first time in awhile, for boredom of playing SSBB over and over again, and not having any batteries charged. I decided rather than my usual bit of just flying gracefully around all the levels trying in vain to beat all my old scores, I'd try just exploring the levels without dualizing when I was met with an interesting surprise.

I dunno why I didn't notice until now, but the levels are all full of invisible barriers, and just-too-high cliffs. What gives? The levels are all absolutely beautiful, so why aren't we allowed to get a good look at them? (Save as NiGHTS, but I wouldn't say we really have good enough camera control to really look around)

Of course, what really gets me is Aqua Garden. All over the level is a recurring rock formation, clearly designed for platforming. These platforms appear at several points along the barrier cliffs, in almost perfect formation for using them to scale them. However every one of these places is missing a single platform, or even covered in an invisible barrier at one point. It's almost as though the original designers wanted the cool temple areas to be accessible, but then at some point later in development it was decided to intentionally restrict the player's movement on foot to the little area (At least relative to the whole map anyway) you start in.

I can think of a few explanations as to why they would do that, but they all sound kind of stupid.

I know alot of commercial games out there- Especially Sonic games- use a separate mesh for collision as for graphical appearance, does that mesh "Get lazy" and only include the areas along the path in the NiGHTS-only areas?

Do the NiGHTS only areas not look as good from certain camera angles?

Or- now this is the stupid one- is it to simply make it less likely for the player to wander such a distance from the NiGHTS cage that it would be impossible to get back in time. (Though that fails to take into account that all it takes to avoid the Awakeners indefinitely is decent dodging skills, a few blue chips, and the occasional high cliff.)

So waddaya think? Any thoughts? Theories? Links to older topics on the same subject I neglected to look for?

#41687 "You are not allowed to copy this file"

Posted by Draykon on 18 February 2008 - 02:37 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

What's this about the Wii losing it's data when it loses power? Who told you that malarkey?

Anyways, SEGA did the same thing for the Chao data in SADX and SA2B. I imagine it's to keep you from cloning 'pians. Still, it wouldn't have killed them to separate the data like they did with those games.

#41224 Mepian Sparkle Trail

Posted by Draykon on 13 February 2008 - 08:13 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

It's been brought up a number of times in other topics, so let's just give it it's own.

So here's the deal, some 'pians seem to randomly leave a trail of sparkles as they move. There are a few theories as to what causes this.

1. Goodle.
Mepians born from getting hit by a Goodle have a tendancy to have this sparkle trail. However, so do mepians from completely different sources. Making this one unlikely.

2. Affection.
Perhaps 'pians who like the player will have this sparkle trail?

3. Flight.
The manual makes mention of a "flight" stat 'pians have, influencing the lifespan of the random junk throughout My Dream. Perhaps 'pians with a high flight stat leave the trail?

So yeah, all I know of. Discussion tiem.

#41003 Nightopians speak...

Posted by Draykon on 11 February 2008 - 02:22 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

They'll randomly say gibberish, it dosen't really mean anything. It is adorable though.

#40540 My Dream Info

Posted by Draykon on 07 February 2008 - 12:41 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

So, for those of us unfamiliar with the fancy secrets of the original game, what exactly seems to be the steps involved?

#40041 Random questions

Posted by Draykon on 03 February 2008 - 04:59 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I have different answers! :angry:

1. So you're sure it's evil at the end of the game when you have to jump into it.

2. When it's green, your paraloop is longer.

3. Yeah, just keep screwing around in My Dream until it GROOOOOWS! Just a tiny hill is enough to get that thing.

#39903 I'm So Proud!

Posted by Draykon on 02 February 2008 - 06:41 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Great, now the race is on to find that secret level!

I have absolutely no reason to believe there's a secret level, but it's kinda frustrating to think I'm done with this game already.

#39005 Has anyone else got 999 links in Pure Valley?

Posted by Draykon on 30 January 2008 - 12:35 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I have 999 on Aqua Garden and Pure Valley and that's it.
Crud,if anyone has gotten 999 on Memory Forest gets a
cookie cause I wouldn't have the attention span to keep that up! :lol:

Memory Forest is theoretically pretty easy, but there's actually some luck involved. The Merri-Go-Round of Death has a tendency to land you right in a long stretch without any blue chips.

#38425 Question about online Vs mode

Posted by Draykon on 27 January 2008 - 09:34 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I recall seeing that flag, it's just something you can choose to set in case you don't want anyone knowing your nationality.

#38417 My Dream Info

Posted by Draykon on 27 January 2008 - 09:26 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I've got a whole bunch of Mepians, and I've never seen them start a fire. o.o Could just be my luck.

So, I've got a few mepians that seem to have traits I've never seen before. Namely, a whole bunch of my mepians have black-and-white arms (No unusual behavior observed), and a few have green arms and wings. (They'll occasionally project force fields o.o).\ Anyone know what they're from?

#38191 Nightmaren Database

Posted by Draykon on 27 January 2008 - 04:04 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Deworm -- Blueish floating worm-like creature -- Creates dark portals, fly into one and you'll be stuck inside a "bubble" until you either touch another one, or a short period of time passes.

Bird things (name unknown) -- Large Bird (By bird standards) -- Flies at NiGHTS, if they manage to grab you, they'll fly you backwards a bit, wasting precious time.

Pufferfish things (Name unknown) -- Large Pufferfish (By pufferfish standards) -- Float around helplessly, will occasionally extend several spikes, touching them while they're covered in spikes hurts you.

Murtle -- Large Turtle (By turtle standards) -- Shapeshifting creature. When encountered on foot, hide as treasure chests, and hurt you when you go for the prize. When encountered in the sky, they change into NiGHTS clones, and drill-dash at you.

Mothpil (I think) -- Large Moth (By moth standards) -- Launch energy rings at you. These rings can be evaded by flying straight through the center.

Electric Eel things (name unknown) -- Large Electric Eel (I'm sure you get the pattern by now) -- Drift around aimlessly, until they charge themselves with electrical energy. Gameplay-wise, identical to the Pufferfish things.

Scorpian things (name unknown) -- Regular-size scorpians which ride on top of large balls. -- Drift around, sometimes towards you, they themselves are harmless, but the balls on which they ride are damaging.

Bee things (name unknown) -- A regular-sized swarm of bees -- Fly towards you, deal damage if they're near you for too long.

Beehive things (name unknown) -- Purple beehive -- Spawns the bee things.

All I can think of right now, there might be more.

#37899 Anybody have pictures of mepians?

Posted by Draykon on 26 January 2008 - 07:56 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

It seems to be that a direct hit produces a purebred.

So go practice aiming.

#37689 Shadow NiGHTS?

Posted by Draykon on 25 January 2008 - 11:56 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Obviously, the solution is to create the SuperPian. It builds a tower, with a staircase up into the sky. In that sky, is a hidden level, with Shadow NiGHTS as the boss.

Well, it's worth a shot.

#37329 Coins?

Posted by Draykon on 24 January 2008 - 01:36 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I think it's just a time limit. Also, I think it scales up the paraloop itself, so a smaller circle forms a bigger explosion.

#37118 Coins?

Posted by Draykon on 22 January 2008 - 11:51 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Manual scan time!
Posted Image

#36547 Has anyone else got 999 links in Pure Valley?

Posted by Draykon on 20 January 2008 - 02:07 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Pure Valley, AND Aqua Garden. Working on that city level, I forget what it's called.

#35050 What do you guys think about NiGHTS and the rest's voices in Journey of D...

Posted by Draykon on 11 January 2008 - 04:02 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I personally find the fake british accent to be particularly meanacing sounding. Hence I find it to suit Reala.

Will and Helen I don't care for, the accents come and go, and they do sound kinda crappy.

NiGHTS' voice suits the character, though I was sorta blown away when I first heard it. It's just... kinda weird.

Wizeman is freaking awesome. I really got into the zone when I just heard him say "Recieve my judgement"

#35049 what does this stuff do?

Posted by Draykon on 11 January 2008 - 03:59 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

There are 4 "My Dream" tracks. They're played at random, and don't show up in the sound test until you've already heard it. Just keep playing around with My Dream until you have it.

The 9 ball needs to be knocked into the hole to make the chute, as Purgatory says.

The icons no one's really figured out yet, I don't have any. x.x

#35048 WOO-FREAKIN'-OOT!

Posted by Draykon on 11 January 2008 - 03:57 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

999 in both the first levels, no problem. The later ones are quite a bit harder though. I'm dreadfully curious to know if there's some kind of reward to 999 all the levels. We must attempt to find out!

#34847 10pt Bonus

Posted by Draykon on 09 January 2008 - 10:59 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Ah, I was wondering what acrobat mode was for. Would be good to know if I hadn't already All-Aed x.x

#34504 MyDream Online with unlocks?

Posted by Draykon on 06 January 2008 - 11:43 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

It appears to me that it
Spoiler

#34297 WOO-FREAKIN'-OOT!

Posted by Draykon on 05 January 2008 - 06:50 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Yeah, I can get pretty damn high on Pure Valley too. Really, I'm kinda dissapointed with a 999 cap. Sooner or later, the high score boards are gonna break because everyone's gonna have that. Not to mention, it takes a bit of the fun out of it.

Raises another goal for us though: 999 links every link mission, see if we get something special. :P

#34295 The Ending

Posted by Draykon on 05 January 2008 - 06:46 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I dunno, that's really a very interesting theory. One small problem though: It requires NiGHTS to be in 2 places at once.

Then again, the game itself requires him to be in 2 places at once, boosting it up to 4 places at once. Which brings me back to something I always say when the birds fly through solid objects in the chase missions: "Everytime you break the laws of physics, it just adds support to my 'Not really real' theory"

#34294 What do you mean "Ideya of Growth"?!

Posted by Draykon on 05 January 2008 - 06:38 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Spoiler

#33651 A-rank tips?

Posted by Draykon on 03 January 2008 - 01:49 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Strange.... I got "Perfect!" shining at me and I still got a C. I think my copy is weird....

Perfect just means you didn't miss a note, it's not REALLY perfect unless the Nightopians are singing all the way.

I have just one thing to say: Rocket NiGHTS. That is the most freaking usefull persona.
In Sky Concert his regular flight speed is slightly faster, allowing you to fall back into the glowing bar after you get too far ahead, rather than boosting, and throwing off your control.

Then in the chase missions, he's even more usefull. Owl says raw speed won't help much, he's lying, raw speed helps ALOT. As soon as you hit a straitaway, boost like mad, though you might shoot past the bird. If that happens, just revert, and he should ram right into you, and get touched. ^_^

As for link missions, those are really pretty easy alltogether. There are a few close calls, but for the most part you should be able to get by on instinct, though boosting helps.

All the bosses are also pretty straightforward, Bomamba seems pretty luck based though.