Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Tai's Content

There have been 19 items by Tai (Search limited from 24-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#69414 Hey guys :)

Posted by Tai on 25 April 2009 - 10:18 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

MOAR FANFICTION~

I'd love to see some new stuff in the fanfiction/comics archives. And fanart...and fanmusic....

Fan-related things in general, i guess, lol. :D

#69190 Day of Silence 2009

Posted by Tai on 17 April 2009 - 04:08 AM in Community Corner

It's so easy to ruffle their feathers, too :) When it comes down to it, it's prolly why I dress the way I do in the first place. Nevermind the aesthetic appeal of goth clothes, and that I feel more comfortable in them. When I decided to start wearing black it was because my mom didn't want me to >D

I love upsetting the people around here with my liberal views, especially since there're a lot of over-religious catholics here. I respect their religion, but when they start shoveling it down my throat I fight back :o But I have to be careful with it since my family is conservative too...I could get thrown out if I pushed it too far :/

But myes, you should totally do it! It's great fun to raise awareness on the issue and you're always bound to get some very interesting comments from people who've never heard of it.

#69171 Day of Silence 2009

Posted by Tai on 16 April 2009 - 06:29 PM in Community Corner

I'm all in favor of demonstrating for rights but this has always seemed like a dumb idea to me.

Something about "let's protest by not saying anything... THAT will let us be heard!" seems like self-defeating logic. At least the almost-analagous thing in California where all immigrants didn't show up to work caused serious repercussions?

Also when I was in high school, gay kids would be beaten up no matter what and this would have done nothing to change the minds of bullys? (I am from an area where conservatism and idiotism run high.) And when I was in college, pretty much everyone was cool with folks of any sexual variety, so the "protest" was entirely moot?

BUT WHATEVS! Good luck to folks who want to make a point.

Eh, I can see the self-defeating logic in the event, but then, wearing pink ribbons isn't exactly going to do anything about breast cancer. Raising awareness /about/ breast cancer is what is going to encourage scientists and doctors to find a cure, and remind women to get checkups and etc. That was a bad example *sweatdrop*.

It's an awareness thing. The more people are aware that this is an issue, the better chances are that something will be done about it.

I feel ya on the living in a conservative area...the three years I've been participating in this event I've been lambasted by over-religious kids and disapproving glares from teachers. I've learned to ignore it and just do what I want, if they don't like it then they just have to deal.

#69146 Day of Silence 2009

Posted by Tai on 15 April 2009 - 02:58 PM in Community Corner

Thought y'all might be interested in this.

Day of Silence

I'm definitely participating. ;)

(if this has already been plugged on the forums, move or lock. Sorry ^^; )

#67830 I'm back

Posted by Tai on 23 February 2009 - 11:56 PM in Cosplay Zone

Sounds really really great! I like the yellow ribbons on the legs quite a bit. Is the jester hat going to be a typical (5-points, bells type) hat, custom-made, or like a floppy one?

Be sure to put up pictures! In-progress shots are great to to get feedback for tweaking stuff or whatever. (and it's fun to watch a costume coming along :) :D)

#66991 Which NiGHTS character do you relate to the most?

Posted by Tai on 28 January 2009 - 03:30 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Seems NiGHTS as a character has affected us all in our personalities and beliefs/likes and dislikes. Not a surprise, really. Being here in and of itself is a testament to the game's profound effect, even after what, 12 years? It's something we get to have with us forever through our personalities and actions.

Personally, I too relate to NiGHTS the most. I get bored with routine fast :/ and make it my goal to be different as possible! I also love DDR- moving gracefully to a fast tempo really gets me amped. :lol: IDK, that seems NiGHTS-like. In a way. Sorta.

#66015 NiGHTS on U.S. National Television

Posted by Tai on 05 January 2009 - 06:31 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

On an interesting note, I came across Chea on MySpace and dropped him a line telling him about NiD.com. Apparently he got the poster in Nintendo Power Magazine and hasn't actually played JoD or NiD, but is interested in the games. :lol:

(edit: andersam reminded me which magazine it was. ^^; /edit)

#65362 Yukari Tamura?

Posted by Tai on 14 December 2008 - 07:55 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Aye, I think it's the editing that's been done to her photos. I'm having a hard time finding pictures of her that don't look like they've been touched up. :P

Since I'm actually running on enough sleep today (lol), some analysis.

The blur on the TGS photos is definitely not helping, but at the very least we can tell that TGS lady is Asian. I think *sweatdrop*. And she has thick, blunt-cut bangs like Tamura, with dark brown hair. Can't tell length, unfortunately, and her ears are tucked into the hat/obscured from view, so no luck on that comparison either. She and Tamura also appear to be of the same stature, but that's not solid as the perspective from the TGS photos differs from that of full shots of her that I've seen.

</amateurish analysis> :P

#65342 Yukari Tamura?

Posted by Tai on 13 December 2008 - 07:33 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Theory!

Tamura = TGS lady?

Most of the images of Tamura I've found from idle surfing seem to have some heavy Photoshop/camera bloom going on, so it's a touch difficult to compare them to the shots from TGS. That, or I'm terrible at comparing photos. What do you guys think?

#64755 Yukari Tamura?

Posted by Tai on 16 November 2008 - 05:52 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I thought as much after I dug around on YouTube for awhile. Tamura's a good VA, mind you, but as NiGHTS...that would just ruin the andrygony. More than it's already been tarnished.

Lol @Lenneth's comment on NiGHTS in Nanoha's dress. I don't think anyone wants to see that.

...Then again.... *bricked*

#64748 Yukari Tamura?

Posted by Tai on 16 November 2008 - 09:26 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

On Wikipedia they've got a separate entry for NiGHTS as a character in Journey of Dreams. Some of the info seemed a bit wonky, though, especially this: NiGHTS' voice actor in Japanese is singer Yukari Tamura .

I double-checked her list of voice acting work, and it's there too. I know I've been kinda haunting the forums lately, but as far as I recall JoD was released in English with subs in Japan. Am I wrong, or is this information accurate? I know Wiki can be unreliable at times, but usually they don't mess up with two separate pages.

#54352 Gijinka Jackle Cosplay

Posted by Tai on 14 June 2008 - 05:06 AM in Cosplay Zone

Finished the ears, for the most part. Currently looking for a hairband like the one TRiP used for her awesome horns. As for how exactly I'm gonna make the thing stay on my head and look inconspicuous without wearing a wig, well...ano...idk yet. I might resort to screwed-up CRAZYMOFO ratted mess hair. He is crazy, after all XD. But that might kill the bishi aspect. If there was one to begin with. *shrug*

Also got my lip pierced XDDD. Looking for a Jackle-y ring for the costume. If I can't find one I'll just put in a clear stud, but I'd like to capitalize on the opprotunity(sp??) to accessorize. More detail = better.

Pictures when I get the ears to stay on my head.

#52165 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Tai on 26 May 2008 - 12:35 AM in Artwork

Your art makes me so HAPPY. Seriously...it's awesome...I love the way you use colors. They look all bright and lovely and joyful.

Anyway. I noticed on the iMAGNi front page that you added Tatsuo (...awhile back....), and he looks really familiar. Inspired by Miyavi much? XD Or am I such a fangirl that I see Meev in every man, woman, and child? Lol. I GOT TO SEE HIM IN CONCERT~! *dies of fangirl joy*

#51745 Did you forget about the personas on your first game?

Posted by Tai on 22 May 2008 - 04:33 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I like flying classic NiGHTS style.

Yaaay! ^^ me too.

#50821 Did you forget about the personas on your first game?

Posted by Tai on 13 May 2008 - 10:37 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I only played around with the Dragon mask, so the meteor part didn't phase me. But I'd utterly forgotten about the rocket, so I dashed at Wizeman like mad. I almost beat the game like that, too, but I got bored and went back to up my grades. Then I started playing around again and remembered the rocket. Durrrr.

#50621 Gijinka Jackle Cosplay

Posted by Tai on 12 May 2008 - 12:21 AM in Cosplay Zone

my plans for the Reala/NiGHTs costumes fell through, so im goin for halloween this year as Jackal instead, i think that i'll have to make the horns out of paper-mashay, or strophome. what do you think?

Wow that must be my shortist post ever.*keeles over in dead faint*

Lol. I have a tendency to make loooong posts too. Glad to see another Jackle cosplayer about C:. TRiP has a neat tutorial on horns in the cosplay section of the site; you may wanna check that out for ideas. As for the strophome/paper mache, I'd have to go with paper mache since I dunno what strophome is. ^^;;

#49915 Wearable Art

Posted by Tai on 05 May 2008 - 01:23 AM in Artwork

I found my USB cord ^o^. Here're some of my friends' pants of loveliness.

Posted Image

Aubrey's. I drew pacman and some ghosts, but you can't see them in the photo. Apparently she washes these and lets the images fade, then adds more or retraces things.

Posted Image

Mary's. The image is upside down, lol. She has some more stuff on the other leg; will add that next time she wears them.

Posted Image

MaryAnne's a big fan of Jrock (Dir en Grey in particular), so she's got her favorite artists written all over X3. I think most of the names are from the aforementioned Dir en Grey, but I'm not sure.

Posted Image

The pants that (sorta) started it. Krystle's my best friend, and when I saw these on her DevArt I instantly wanted some of my own. IDK when she did them.

#49769 Gijinka Jackle Cosplay

Posted by Tai on 03 May 2008 - 10:33 PM in Cosplay Zone

*gasp* another online goth shop! You've bankrupted me, yaknow ;o;.

You're not annoying, hon! You're actually very very helpful ^-^. Thank you!! Those pants remind me of Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho XD. Always wanted some pants like his. Those would go neat with like an orange sash or something similar. Creepers are neato, I was thinking about some boots but I think I like those better. Normal shoes would be easier to Jackle-ize.

I ordered the fur for the ears ^o^. It should be in by the end of the school year, otherwise I'm gonna hafta arrange to get ahold of my drama teacher when it gets here. Got a yard each of orange shag and yellow plush. I have a headband I can use to make them, but it'll be all too visible when I wear it. May just hafta find something thinner. For the actual ears, I've been thinking about clothes-hanger wire. It's tough enough to stay in a general shape, but flexy enough that I can have some fun with posing the ears. I've never made anything like this before, though, so suggestions are welcome.

edit: Tried out the face paint, making due with cherry-red lipstick since my black crayon stuff wandered away >_>. Looks to be a worthy design, but it's hard to tell when the colors are all jacked up. All I really succeeded at was staining my whole lower face pink and making the circles under my eyes look much worse.

#49143 The Octopaw topic!

Posted by Tai on 27 April 2008 - 09:45 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

1. What was your first impression of Octopaw?
...Wtf?

2. Do you, or do you not like Octopaw?
I like 'im. I think he was kinda pointless, but he added some humour to the game with how NiGHTS was obsessed with him.

3. Have you ever had a dreams about Octopaw?
None that I can recall.

4. What would you do if the next NiGHTS game was completely dedicated to "unraveling the mystery of Octopaw?"
I'd laugh and tell Sega that was a lame joke, then realize they were serious and go buy it.

5. Do you believe that Octopaw are closer to marens or pians, or are they a seperate creature?
I think Octopaw's a separate creature that some dreamer made up while they were tripping on shrooms.

6. What is one question you'd like to ask Octopaw?
Is there a particular reason NiGHTS is so obsessed with you?

7. Give me one random Octopaw - related thought.
NiGHTSxOctopaw hentai *snerk*