Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Central Dogma's Content

There have been 14 items by Central Dogma (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49697 NiGHTS into Dreams for PS2

Posted by Central Dogma on 03 May 2008 - 10:26 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

I found something on the official Japanese website.

<a href="http://nights.sega.jp/nights1/ps2/secret1.html" target="_blank">http://nights.sega.jp/nights1/ps2/secret1.html</a>

The third box, is that a secret code? The side of the box is titled All Commands Fully Unlocked.
Does this mean something? I can't read it, I can only read that they must be talking about the controls like the R1 and L1

#33912 NiGHTS Jap PS2 Site OPEN !

Posted by Central Dogma on 03 January 2008 - 08:39 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

I noticed awhile ago that the clipping is further away in the remake version. I've wanted to play this game for so long but my Sega Saturn no longer likes to play discs. o_O
I'm very happy for the inclusion of the original Sega Saturn mode. At least Sega gives you choices, and its not just here either Sega Ages I remember gave you choices. Not many collection games even do the kind of emulation I've seen that Sega gives. =3

#33616 NiGHTS Jap PS2 Site OPEN !

Posted by Central Dogma on 03 January 2008 - 12:44 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

If anyone knows, please tell me as I too will cancel my pre order for the original and pay a load of money for this DX thing.

#33480 How much do you think 4kids has gone down hill?

Posted by Central Dogma on 02 January 2008 - 02:39 PM in Community Corner

I personally never liked 'em. After they license a show it's so different that it's almost a whole new show. They know how to ruin Japanese-anime. There also good and not giving you choices.... (No subtitle DVD...)

There ruining of Sonic was the last straw for me and I haven't seen any new licensed shows from them sense. I also heard from a source that any show Nintendo makes they automatically have first dibs on it. o_O

#33476 My Dream Info

Posted by Central Dogma on 02 January 2008 - 02:26 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I wish that the terrain would change more. All I see is one texture, I wish you could see some browns, some greens, some type of change in elevation for colors but maybe thats just me

#33471 Which game did you like better NID or NJOD?

Posted by Central Dogma on 02 January 2008 - 02:18 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Truly playing both it only feels that they have a continuous contrast towards each other.
If you play the games you will see the obvious differences both offer.

The question... which one do I like...
Both equally, at least somewhat (Leans slightly to NiGHTS into Dreams.) They both represent their differences and play slightly different in their own aspects and I feel it is difficult to compare them when the two are rather different however, NiGHTS into Dreams has that game play that most game developers today would never dare gamble on. While NiGHTS journey of Dreams feels more like the kind of Action/adventure/RPG/point and click game play developers would do. Add a little bit of this and that to appeal to everyone instead of just the specific crowd.

#33468 NiGHTS Jap PS2 Site OPEN !

Posted by Central Dogma on 02 January 2008 - 02:03 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

If play-asia have the badges then I will just order the soundtrack from sega direct and save a bit of money. ^_^

How does one go about importing from Sega direct? ??@.@??

#32773 nights fangame

Posted by Central Dogma on 30 December 2007 - 03:49 AM in Creative Stuff!

Oooh, that is interesting most interesting in deed. How did you rip the models off the CD? I ask this not researching at all :lol: . Did you have to convert the models to any formats like 3D studio, or whatever format Xna takes?

Blooming makes the image very pretty, do you plan to do this in the final build? Also I like the redone textures to the grounds and characters as I'm sure the original smoothed textured version would have been very blurry had it been smoothed. I would never be able to do fan projects like this one :lol: I would model my favorite characters in 3d though o_O (super high quality 3D model of klonoa.) XD

You have managed to also keep the clipping similar to the original the game I believe the game probably made good use of this. Had there been little clipping then things would have been too cluttered to enjoy o_O.

Anyway, congratulations on having the patience on working on something that many others would never do. (Considering 3D is a very difficult art to do and more so games.) Very interesting project :)

#32770 New Sonic Game?

Posted by Central Dogma on 30 December 2007 - 03:14 AM in Community Corner

I personally think that they should call most of the sonic games after sonic 3 & knuckles non-canon.

They should just try making a 2D sonic game on a console.
They of course would be breaking the rule of console games (99% of all games must be 3D no matter what. Unless there on a hand held, or else, no money will be made because people buy into 3D or at least that's what the belief is from many developers... :lol: ) I just want some darn side-scrolling games. They could also go with a 2.5D method, that is if they really want to.

I want to see some original level designs. maybe, bring back checkered bored crazy psychedelic levels of awesomeness. However, they won't even try because there so afraid of what might happen for the new fan base. They should try art styles of different types do different things and do things before there forced to eventually do them (which from what I have seen won't happen.) I guess you won't know tell ya try, no?

I like introducing characters but not how they do it. Keep sonic, and Tails as the adventurers. Keep Knuckles as the guardian of the Chaos Emeralds who sometimes makes appearances. Add new people as bad guys to halter there adventures.

Keep Shadow dead, at least if you're gonna bring him back do it in a more proper way instead of inserting plot elements that were obviously not there. Kind of like how Wesker from Resident Evil came back to life. I just doupt that was the original story there.

Bring back awesome flashy title screens and let us play as at least Sonic and maybe tails.

I guess in the end I want the series to go back to it's roots instead of transitioning to 3D 8 directional movements of exploration. Because, in the end not that many games stood at there roots. Some just died off completely so that developers can focus making realistic games with guns and boring shooting levels. Others turned there series into mini game collections ( I miss old Rayman...)

#32761 Sega Direct PS2 NiGHTS pre-order page

Posted by Central Dogma on 30 December 2007 - 01:09 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Ooooh. I've been gone for a while. Tell me people, has a Wii/American version been announced inn my JoD-frenzy abscence?

As of yet, no, there is no outside release for NiGHTS into Dreams remake. They probably don't want to take any risks or something.... (imagines the GBA Mother 1+2, and 3, excuse from Nintendo) :blink: ...

More better:
It's $50.00 versus $75. I think shipping might be cheaper, but I haven't checked.

By the way, that one at Play-Asia is only the normal dream pack collection, no 4 item collection there anywhere. wait... what collection is the 75$ one anyways? I just convert the most expensive package from Japanese yen to American dollars and I get $65 or something... (The 4 item package.)

#32657 Sega Direct PS2 NiGHTS pre-order page

Posted by Central Dogma on 29 December 2007 - 02:53 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

oO; Wow, I'd gladly pay (if I had to) over $100 for the "Dream NAITOPIA DX Pack Pack. :lol: " It's the one that has the game, the badge, that one picture book, and the soundtrack o_O... Sadly, they only accept Yen and I don't know how to convert. Even if I could, they would never in a million years ship outside of japan (Shipping probably costs a lot and it's hard to do anyway.). I'm stuck with the normal dream pack version, unless I find someway to get this Super DX pack of awesomeness (or is it?).

Anyways, I love the improvement in polygons and actually converting some things from 2D sprites to full fledge 3D.

Including the original Saturn version makes this even more awesome!

#28690 Hello then

Posted by Central Dogma on 04 December 2007 - 09:56 PM in Introduce Yourself

Aye, yes I be an Evangelion fan. I particularly like The End of Evangelion ("Komm, süsser Tod" is my favorite song from the Evangelion series.)
I'm also a Slayers fan, and a fan of the anime Serial Experiments Lain (Freak'n awesome show!)

#28557 Hello then

Posted by Central Dogma on 03 December 2007 - 06:39 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hello there, I'm of course a NiGHTS fan.

Been a NiGHTS fan sense NiGHTS into Dreams and a very remarkable game that was.

I'm very happy for the new NiGHTS game and I'm more excited for the remake on the PS2.

I'm also an artist, but I have yet to upload anything to DeviantArt. Hopefully I will soon, maybe. I mainly do a lot of anthropomorphic artwork but I have also worked with 3D.

Well, anyway hope that does it.

#28497 About this delay

Posted by Central Dogma on 03 December 2007 - 02:22 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I only hope that the delay is true of 2008. Some of the things I have seen look a little messy mainly the "My Dream" place. It looks a little better when you see it in video but the thing still looks rather bland, oh well, I have hope or Sega in the end and then there's December 13th which at least proves something in japan.