Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Ronnie's Content

There have been 91 items by Ronnie (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#50674 How did Helen sprain her ankle?

Posted by Ronnie on 12 May 2008 - 12:54 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Maybe Helen just went in to a deep sleep so she wasn't dreaming for that brief moment in time and prehaps she was sleeping with one foot over the other giving herself a dead leg... yup pure logic I am :3

#50356 What NiGHTS characters would NEVER SAY!

Posted by Ronnie on 09 May 2008 - 02:35 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Helen: Oh so thats what a pony tail should look like.

Will: What do you mean i'm not allowed to pick up the ball?

#50355 Sega Splash! Golf

Posted by Ronnie on 09 May 2008 - 02:31 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

So this is SEGA's new "thing" huh? Slapping it's logo over sports titles and trying to make it look fresh with J-pop idol songs, new generation kids that you can dress up (because it's not just your little sister who likes to play with dolls) and shove a few mascots in there that quite frankly arn't needed or were never asked for.

Put it on to a PC where boring golf games go to die and you can watch it sit on the store shelf and collect dust only to be sold off as one of those "3 for £10" discount game bundles.

Way to go SEGA.... way to go....

#50045 Stupidest reason for a nightover

Posted by Ronnie on 06 May 2008 - 03:00 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Wizeman has nothing to do with it.

You can't dream forever and anything in the real world can wake you up, taking up time in the dream world could be the same as real time, taking your time on a mission could mean your coming closer to your alarm waking you up or getting overly frustrated in a dream can cause you to wake up (just like the initial shock of a nightmare)

If the children are struggling to comprehend there dreams they could suffer from anxiety which can lead to stimulation in the brain which can result in.... waking up.

#49705 What NiGHTS characters would NEVER SAY!

Posted by Ronnie on 03 May 2008 - 01:29 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Owl: Figure it out yourself!

Bomamba: Christ, I hate cats!

Will: Dad i'm quitting the soccer team to become a broadway dancer!

Helen: Ok mum lets try "Smack my bitch up" by Prodigy, and 3, 2, 1....

Shleep: THIS COKE IS ****ING AMAZING!!!!

#49703 The Octopaw topic!

Posted by Ronnie on 03 May 2008 - 01:18 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I'm not to fond of Octopaw but I would never say that to his face, not if you saw his dad.
Posted Image

#48779 OWL

Posted by Ronnie on 24 April 2008 - 08:27 PM in Creative Stuff!

Owl for life!

#44505 The next Nights SOUNDTRACK!

Posted by Ronnie on 22 March 2008 - 02:06 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

...so...who feels like being incredibly generous??? *puppy eyes*

#44504 Stuck on the 2nd boss!

Posted by Ronnie on 22 March 2008 - 02:02 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I never had a problem with Bomamba, her attacks are easily predictable and you just got to get used to how the cats roll around, if you find the cats roll to far towards you then just dash away to the opposite side and try again.

now the Chameleon...thats a WTF boss!

#44495 Our fun day at SEGA in London!

Posted by Ronnie on 22 March 2008 - 10:28 AM in Cosplay Zone

Sadley you can't play online and i've heard that the Wii version is the worsed out of the lot :lol: (I may get it for the DS)

Just to keep it goin'

YOU'VE GOT TO KEEP THE DREAM ALIIIIIIIVVE!!!!

#44494 Dreamcast 07 up soon

Posted by Ronnie on 22 March 2008 - 10:24 AM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

I can't wait!

All the other podcasts i've heard are snore fests, but Trippy and Digi just keep anyone entertained for hours, seriously I never bore of whatever you two say!

#44384 Check out SEGA Eu.Com

Posted by Ronnie on 21 March 2008 - 01:50 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

OMG U R faymus!!1!

#44383 Our fun day at SEGA in London!

Posted by Ronnie on 21 March 2008 - 01:43 AM in Cosplay Zone

As awesome as that sonic costume is....I sure woudn't want to spend half a day inside it.

Trippy I havta ask, does your costume hurt? there seems to be so many areas that look like they "restrict" certain areas, you know... being able to breath and such.

#44338 Our fun day at SEGA in London!

Posted by Ronnie on 20 March 2008 - 05:46 PM in Cosplay Zone

You....met...Richard Jacques? I'm so jealous! >.<

I would of gladley sang any song they wished in the SEGA office!

Well done on setting a world record!

#43330 The Great Music Debate

Posted by Ronnie on 08 March 2008 - 11:38 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I didn't even know it was Will who was yelling it! I thought it was just the intro to the song as it starts to play. (sounds Spanish to me)

#38838 The Ending

Posted by Ronnie on 29 January 2008 - 05:00 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Spoiler

#38568 Pian Lifespan

Posted by Ronnie on 28 January 2008 - 06:11 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Pians breed as fast as they die, which seems to be 1 minute.

#37441 NiGHTS into Dreams soundtrack full track listing

Posted by Ronnie on 24 January 2008 - 05:33 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I wonder if the quality is better than the original? It would be nice to listen to the original songs clearer (and louder)

#37058 SHOW 06 IS UP

Posted by Ronnie on 22 January 2008 - 08:33 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Another great listen guys! Alot of your views your spot on and your lucky sonuvva... gettin' those goodies, I'm glad you added more after archs visited. I for one like your new mic, You both sound alot clearer and DiGi doesn't sound like he's all flat bass >.<

As usual can't wait till the next pod cast. :3

#36939 You can't make this up

Posted by Ronnie on 21 January 2008 - 11:25 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Don't let the soccer moms find out! They'll boycott NiGHTS!

#36866 The GC controls

Posted by Ronnie on 21 January 2008 - 03:50 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I agree with TRiP! I use the GC controller for comfort but when I want to do a perfect paraloop or ascend/descen towards rings I find it difficult since i'm constricted to 8 directions. I miss my Saturn pad :_( I need freedom while I fly and I to find my thumb hurting and sliding off to the right from to much pressure its also kinda awkward changing masks.

#36842 JoD was (is) amusing...

Posted by Ronnie on 21 January 2008 - 12:16 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Ronnies view!

WARNING LOTSA SPOILERS!

Well I played the game this weekend and completed it fully yesterday.

Lets start with NiD.

We all know why we loved NiD:

The freedom
The free style of acrobatics
The magic
The style
The visualisation
The music
The simple yet in captivating story
The fun boss fights
Exploration
A-LIFE

NiD if I could put it in word is:

Beautiful

It wasn't a masterpiece and it was no Mario 64, but its fan base understood what NiGHTS was all about thus why this sequel was created fully for the fans. NiGHTS really does speak to all of us as we can all relate to having dreams and the game really does suck you into its world.

As for JoD

Well it gave us what we wanted, it surely does deliver, but no one can review a SEGA game without saying "it has its flaws" -_-;

JoD promises us a magically journey into the Dream world and the freedom of flight.
Yes it does but it also binds us down to a lot of unnecessary play styles.

My biggest qualm my utter most largest disappointment with JoD is the Character Models and cut-scenes.
Helen and will look horrendous, they look lifeless marionettes propped up dancing on screen (look how they wave for god sake!) Their heads flop up and down and interact in the game like a circle being fit into a square hole. Since there’s very little need for Blue Chips in the actual game I had no desire to run around the Dream worlds and explore before I met up with NiGHTS which almost makes me feel like "Why even make me climb the chain? Why don't I just start as NiGHTS?" Besides they both run like they're got pins & needles in their legs.

I would of enjoyed the cut-scenes I enjoyed the story but why is my £200 next-gen console giving my a choppy frame-rate and a count-the-pixel contest every time a cut-scene is going on? It felt like I was playing an early PS2 game, god even Metal Gear Solid made its no face characters move smoother. Watching NiGHTS hover around the children’s was more sluggish than sand paper dipped in marmite. Owl wasn't even fully rendered and it was funny seeing his wings flap in 5 noticeable frames. And the voice-acting, god the voice acting, Will changed accents three times in one sentence every time he opened his mouth, Helen broke her lines up as if the VA just recorded one word a day. I could bare the rest of the VA's but I really didn't any of them to speak, I would of been happy with text or even if none of the Nightmarens spoke at all and left it up to my imagination.

Nightopians looked even more like cancer babies and there's not much interaction going in My Dream, wow I can pick them up and throw chips at them cool! and they can do a total of 3 actions:
Fly
Walk
Cry
Rinse
Lather
Repeat

Sad to say Chao are more engaging than these morons, I did like how the garden was affected, but I would have been just as happy looking at Christmas NiGHTS A-life collection screen.

And the weather control doesn't go any further than my Dream either -_-;

The level designs were great, lovely and colourful with plenty do and were twice as big as NiD it was a shame I was to busy chasing a chicken to stop and appreciate and take it all in. I do miss being able to do paraloops the size of a penny and having more moverabillity but hey at least I can turn into different sh!t right?

I was disapointed and felt like a little piece of NiGHTS was neglected when I realised that he only had 12 acrobatic stunts (instead of the original 22 or so) and doing acrobatics meant nothing towards your ranking :( It was kinda like "why bother then?" Just spiral dash, get the key QUICKLY QUICKLY NO TIME TO PLAY FINISH THE LEVEL ASAP!!! I loved doing somersaults and stunts in the free air it made me feel like I was doing my own unique moves and it was only something I could do and I looked beautiful and graceful playing.
And I enjoyed doing as many laps as I could around the course collecting lots of blue and star chips till time nearly ran out.

FYI SEGA - The games over when the kids wake up! Not when the timer runs out! If I'm out of time the kids fall to earth and the chase begins.

Ever since Mario 64's release Sonic Team has had this thing about having mission based games, can't I just have a difficulty setting on the game? Please don't force me to run around as the kids like a complete spanner just to get to the next level its like adding filler to meat. The link challenges were fun though, they did show you had to be good at playing the game to advance further.

Speaking of which I though Iizuka said the game would get more difficult as the player got better? Having me fight the boss again with more hits and a larger time isn't exactly a challenge.

Although the bosses were fun and varied and had a smuch imagination to them as NiD did so i can't complain about that, Ronnie liked the bosses. The stages were creepy to ^_^ As fun as Realas ball tag was, it didn't have the same thrill and excitement as paraloop smashing, nothing can beat going head to head with your alter ego clasping each others hands in full battle fury.

The music was outstanding SEGA JP knows how to make a musical score and giving us remixed classics was genius.... it captured the whole game perfectly and really set the mood, Hearing sowing seeds in Dolby 5.1 brought a tear to my eye when playing Bellbridge (i'll get to that later) it was just beautiful I can't wait to purchase the OST!

My favourite part of the entire game was Twin Seed...er I mean Bellbridge, By the time you've heard the kids bitch and moan about themselves but when they spiral out of the clouds and into the twinkling city and the music begins that was it for me! This was my NiGHTS believing in yourself and soaring through the night sky, the multi-coloured balloons the hovering buildings it had it all and even more! I loved the twinkling stars that created rings and opened up paths to aid you and just when I thought it couldn’t get better when the lights go out and Helen loses her courage and then it all comes flooding back and BAM IN THE NIIIGHTS DREAM DELIGHT I couldn’t help but smile this was where the magic was hiding! Even Wiseman’s old skool battle kept me determined and made me feel like I was in a real nightmare (I later learned I needed the masks to win) But hey I did it! And what a beautiful ending.

So all in all NiGHTS gives everything the fans wanted from the original even if its been snipped and pruned back a little, the game looks fugly in some places but once you complete the game you never have to see them again, if the game had been delayed and still in production it could of had the bugs ironed out and it would of been a game worthy of being in the Wii top 10 but I can see the problem was SEGA execs demanding something that needed to be treated like art and not rushed.

NiGHTS Journey of Dreams is what we've been waiting for but is mutton dressed as lamb and you have to ignore its flaws to see the true magic of NiGHTS.

Thank you.

#36530 The next Nights SOUNDTRACK!

Posted by Ronnie on 19 January 2008 - 11:52 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

*is incredibly jealous*

#36525 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Ronnie on 19 January 2008 - 11:11 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random thought - Owl knows to much...he must be silenced *glocks gun*

#36524 Vote for us!

Posted by Ronnie on 19 January 2008 - 11:08 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Oh no its ArchangelUK! CHEESE IT!