Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Quad's Content

There have been 8 items by Quad (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#48838 The archive of WEIRD

Posted by Quad on 25 April 2008 - 02:17 AM in Community Corner

I don't have a video to share but a friend sent me an article a while back about a placenta drink : Placenta 10000 I thought this was made from human placenta at first and I'm glad that I was wrong.

#30339 So, how many of you haven't actually played NiGHTS?

Posted by Quad on 15 December 2007 - 03:33 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I haven't played NiGHTS yet either. D: A friend got me really into the game the way he described it. I did try very hard to find it but all I found was a used Japanese version of the game and a disemboweled Saturn. Journey of Dreams is probably the closest I'll ever come to playing the real thing or maybe I'll buy the remake if it makes it to North America.

#28323 HAY GUISE!

Posted by Quad on 01 December 2007 - 10:34 PM in Introduce Yourself

The buttons on the bottom right of everyones posts are what you need to use. To qoute more than one person, click 'multi+' on the ones you want to quote and then press the 'add reply' button at the bottom of the page. :D

And with that short tutorial, i welcome you to the forums. :P

Don't worry about being a "newbie", hon. We were all newbies at one point. :D

I wish you the best of luck with your future art, and hope you continue to do well with the language-learning! XD Geez, I wish my memory worked that well!

Very glad to have you as a member of the forums! I sure hope you enjoy your time here!

Thanks for your help and welcomes!

#28322 Back in mah day....

Posted by Quad on 01 December 2007 - 10:31 PM in Community Corner

Cartoons were my life as a kid. XD I would just let my brain melt away on Saturday mornings. My favorites were:

Digimon
Detention
Animaniacs
Tiny Toons
Pinky and the Brain
Hysteria
Pokemon
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Pepperann
Doreamon (I knew him as Ding-Dong though)
The Weekenders
Recess
Ducktales
Bonkers!
Godzilla
Powerpuff Girls
Gegege no Kitaro
Men In Black
Mighty Max
Gargoyles
Spiderman
Batman
Batman Beyond
Mahoujin Guru Guru
Sam and Max (I hated this one at first because my English wasn't so great back then but once I understood better, I really liked it)
Mummies Alive!
Ghostbusters Extreme
Generation O!
Hell Teacher Nube/The Teacher From Hell
Beast Wars
The Tick (even though I had no idea what was going on)

#28318 Recommend a game!

Posted by Quad on 01 December 2007 - 09:57 PM in Community Corner

Title: Taiko No Tatsujin DS (Touch de Dokodon!)

Console: DS

Synopsis: If you've played the PS2 version or the arcade version, think that but on your DS, coming with a pair of cute Don and Katsu styluses to use as drumsticks. If you haven't Taiko no Tatsujin before, it's a taiko drumming rhythm game, a little like Donkey Konga but with sticks and INSANE AMOUNTS OF HAPPY. Tap your DS like a drum in time with the music to win enough points to pass the songs, using 2 styluses like mini drumsticks. Hyper glee Jpop nonsense mixed with the happiest cutest little characters and lots of dancing and cuteness, like pure sugar for you DS. Add into a daily challenge/development mode, the ability to win new costumes to customise your little Don drum dude and frankly psychotic single cart multiplayer and you've got a great little DS music game import.

(And for the record, I'm currently on 104 crowns and my Don is lime green and orange with a orange kimono and the ninja head-dress. Yay! :D)

I love this game too. :D My drum's got a kitsune mask and a little Don on his back.

Here are some of my recommendations:

Title: Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Soul Reaver 2

Console: PS1, Dreamcast, PS2

Type of game:Platform

Synopsis: You control Raziel, a vampire murdered by his vampire brethren and sire, on a quest to avenge hisdeath. You will explore the dark world of the Nosgoth through your exploits. Raziel will gain more abilties with each brother of his that he slays. The story leads to bigger revelations as you get closer to finding Kain, Raziel's sire.

Comments: The games' strengths are its well executed storytelling and great voice acting. The graphics were mediocre but it was still enjoyable as a whole. I found myself playing the game just to hear more of the story instead of killing humans in gory ways for fun. Soul Reaver's music can get kinda creepy (one of the levels had breathing throughout its music and made me think something was always behind me) but still well composed. The location and character designs are very well done in both games and have a European edge to them. Soul Reaver will also make you hate cube puzzles. :P

I've heard the other games in the series are worth playing though I've yet to try them myself.

I also recommend Siren, Rule of Rose (frustrating controls but interesting story), Fatal Frame, Threads of Fate and Pocky & Rocky.

#27996 HIYA!

Posted by Quad on 30 November 2007 - 04:20 AM in Introduce Yourself

Greetings, fellow newbie! :lol:

#27995 HAY GUISE!

Posted by Quad on 30 November 2007 - 04:17 AM in Introduce Yourself

Thanks everybody! I couldn't figure out a way to quote all three. :lol:;

#27971 HAY GUISE!

Posted by Quad on 30 November 2007 - 01:31 AM in Introduce Yourself

My name is Quad and I'm an art school hopeful from the US. I draw but I'm not very confident because I'm mostly self-taught (I took my first art class this year). All of the stuff I've done so far is traditional because the computer is my worst enemy when it comes to art programs.

I read lots of comic books, listen to lots of crazy ladies playing pianos, play video games, raise tamagotchi's on and off and watch a lot of animated stuff. I also like learning different languages until they get extremely difficult. Latin was the one I enjoyed the most but remember the least about XD and French is probably the language I have the hardest time understanding. A friend got me into NiGHTS back in 2003. He had previously owned the game but he sold it along with his Sega Saturn before I got the chance to try it :) . I tried looking for the game and a Saturn offline but nothing turned up. Now that a new game is being released, I'm going to get the sequel instead of the original (or both now that the original is going to be made for the PS2).

This is also the first time I've used a message board so I'm a little wonky with the controls. I also tend to type more than I need to. XD Please pardon my newbie-ness! :o