Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

ThatOneBirdBora's Content

There have been 22 items by ThatOneBirdBora (Search limited from 14-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#101399 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 25 October 2021 - 05:09 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Here's some pictures (if the forum will actually let me post them), I played a bit of lost park beforehand though. My mountains won't make it past this height so I'm assuming that the terrain has to be mostly mountainous.

Wouldn't let me so have a link instead.

https://twitter.com/...686318417362956

#101397 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 25 October 2021 - 05:03 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Honestly that could be a possibility. That last idea sounds kinda promising. Especially since the stamp seems to be a bunch of mountains. Also I see what you mean! I tend to play Aqua Garden for Helen or Pure Valley/Lost Park for Will since those stages I can finish in record time so testing doesn't take forever. That's a cool feature how that influences the textures of the mountains. But yeah I can send a picture but it'd have to be in the morning, it's really late for me in Illinois. But I do like that idea of making the terrain quite mountainous. I tend to mainly just get A's in levels but I wonder if I got low rankings instead. Maybe it would cause pitfalls, leading to more slopes, leading to more mountains? I'd be for streaming that soon if I see some progress offline.

#101395 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 24 October 2021 - 10:26 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I almost got a 2.0 on Girania phase 1, managed a 157 but 160 is the min for 2.0. I find it funny how long paraloop stays out for and how you can use it on Girania when it's small.

Anyway aside from that I'm looking at the manual and sadly it says performance only affects the items where as terrain is flight. I tried getting all my pians in one spot to see if that would work and while the terrain looks steeper it's still not larger. Very confused on this. I tried doing a bit of hex editing, but I got nothing to happen to the terrain sadly and corrupted a file (Don't worry it's a copy of my game so not my main copy which I use, but a separate in case I feel like testing). Ultimately just very confused. I tried the method of doing levels back to back before entering My Dream and before it worked but now I got nothing happening. I really wonder if the files have something we could see or some kind of decryption tool. Or something we could use to learn the requirements at least.

I wonder if there are any dataminers that would be willing to help. I tried but I am not an expert in the slightest with hex editing. Looking at the files has been good though. You think that's a possibility? Because right now my mountains have basically peaked.

#101393 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 24 October 2021 - 07:21 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

That's actually my issue with Aqua Garden too. I'll be honest I wish terrain was dependent on happiness in the levels and then you could get at least like 25 chips as the kids per level. But then a lot of them don't give you much at all. And then the terrain is tied to My Dream flight stats. I would love to see a different take in the future for a sequel.

Also I made a bit of offline progress. I lost some height at first, then made mountains, and now it's starting to fill again. My only issue is how do I get the hills to go higher rather than fill. Luckily I found 2 grinding spots for purple in Aqua Garden. I also found out it's basically impossible to get a 2.0 on Girania and Cerberus in the Chase Missions. (1st Phase, not hard version). Cerberus' hit animation takes way too long for you to get it and it might as well be TAS only to loop Girania in 1 cycle, otherwise you can't get it cause he takes too long swimming.

Anyway, off topic. Do you have any pictures of your My Dream? I'd like to see your terrain but I'd also like to see the pians you grinded for!

#101391 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 22 October 2021 - 02:57 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I haven't played in awhile...but I think I easily have over 100-200 hours on mine! Ha. Between breeding for specific pians, keeping them all alive, and being obsessed with re-playing the levels over and over to see how it would affect my dream...
At one point, I was starting to DREAM about My Dream! Ha.
I just thought of something, you don't have the king pian in this file, do you? What if we need the king for the hills to get even taller...? Probably not, but it would probably help, since he keeps all of the pians in the same general area, which would probably help to grow the hills faster...
I always thought it would be cool to mod the game and sculpt the terrain exactly how you'd want it! Heh.
On my file, I explicitly sought out pians with low flying, so that I can try to make a "coast" on one edge of my dream... Heh. It's hard to keep them in line for that, though...so I had mixed results. Ha.

I do actually have King Pian on my file and have stamps 1, 2, 4, and 5. Also wow that's so many hours! I don't think the King helped grow the mountains themselves. Corralling them has been nice though and I think it's why my mountains are forming all together into one in center. The mountain isn't steep though, it's just large and looks like the whole My Dream area rose up. Kinda looks like an upside down parabola if you stand by the door!

#101389 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 22 October 2021 - 04:40 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Yeah hopefully I get it soon. I have like almost 90 hours in a single file and 23 hours in My Dream LUL. I got this though, just gotta keep going. The moment we figure this out it'll be such a satisfying feeling since it's been 13 years. Iizuka please help this stamp is hard. Imagine being able to see what design decisions the devs had to make to get such a big system in this game.

#101387 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 22 October 2021 - 03:14 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Oh I meant as in how there are about 10 textures for the terrain. It seems to change with steepness but not sure it means anything. I thought maybe if we get a certain steepness it'd give us the stamp but I kinda doubt it. Anyway I kept going with this strat and basically got a bunch of mountains. However, after a bit, my terrain started forming into one mountain in the center of my garden. I lost a lot of those steep cliffs but it's really tall. I still haven't gotten the stamp and I'm so curious as to what the game considers just right. I'm gonna keep trying this since it's been my best bet, but not entirely sure anymore. Last resort imo would be to see if the weather (I tried snow and got nothing) would affect it since the mountains kinda look like they have snow but I think it's just height related. I'd really love to fully datamine the game and check for myself or ask a dev.

#101385 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 21 October 2021 - 11:57 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

So I think I got the pattern down. After failing basically all 3 plans I just tried grabbing 1 pian and playing a couple levels back to back before entering My Dream and my mountains are quite big now. I even spawned in 3 new textures. I'm still doing it near purple flowers but I'm grabbing 1 at a time. I'm hoping that I can keep this up and get the stamp.

Also by any chance, do you know what days I can switch my Wii to for different weather? I saw in the files that there's a purple spinning thing, a rainbow, an ice crystal, and I've never seen them. I got the other 6 weathers like snow/sun/rain/etc. Mainly cause the mountains look like they have ice on them in the stamp. I checked the floor textures though and only found 1 snow themed one and you can get it on like Christmas Eve. So not sure on that.

Now that I'm thinking about it though, what if the goal is to reach what's considered the final texture? Since they scale with growth, one has to be tied to the highest. I'm gonna check the files in a bit and see which I haven't seen yet.

#101384 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 20 October 2021 - 07:18 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Great! I'm gonna try these on stream right now. I'll let you know if I get any results!

#101382 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 19 October 2021 - 04:58 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Okay so I got a few plans for this, but I want to do these on different files first.

Plan A: Write the names of every pian who enters the garden along with what flower they were next to. If I see they contribute to terrain growth then I keep and feed them, and if they don't make hills rise I can ignore them. Then just do this until we get mountain peaks.
(Flaw is that it might allow pians with different stats to enter.)

Plan B: Make sure to have an empty garden. Then grab 2 pians who are guaranteed purple. Then farm about 1000+ blue chips from a Link Challenge. After that just enter, feed them, make sure they breed, exit, and repeat. (I don't mind doing this despite it sounding tedious) Doing this should guarantee flight-based pians since they inherit traits from their parents. And it'd basically be a never ending purple flower spawner. And you don't have to worry if one dies since they all can make more flight-based pians.
(Flaw is that it only works if the first 2 pians are absolutely flight-based pians. Also unsure if stats may diverge.)

Plan C: Launch a nightmaren orb into a pian over and over again until there are way too many for the game to handle. Then just loop them every so often to take them to the garden.
(Flaw is that this can infinitely spawn other colors too and if you can't find a purple you're out of luck.)
However there is a workaround this one. You can basically let all the pians in said area. Afterwards a pian egg will spawn (seems to be the game's way of ensuring Pian Extinction isn't a thing) or if you drill into a nightmaren, there's a small chance the ball will turn into an egg. Then you can farm these and see if they produce purple.

I'd like to know what you think of these plans. It seems a bit farfetched but I'd still like to see what you think of these ideas or if you have any suggestions.
(Also I added you as a friend on here!)

#101380 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 19 October 2021 - 08:02 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Nope. Sadly, there's no way to increase a pian's stats... Their stats are completely permanent, so you gotta keep the good ones!
Oh, not a problem! I'm happy to help.
I actually enjoy Journey of Dreams and the My Dream feature in particular, even if it did have the misfortune of being rushed and being a "dead" topic... Heh.
It's still really interesting and there's still so many mysteries surrounding it!
I hope you have a lot of success!

Honestly I don't think it's My Dream that's the reason it's "dead". Like there's so many cool and neat little secrets. I think it has to do with that the forums itself isn't really posted in much anymore. Hopefully it gets revived at least a bit more. Glad to have ran into some people like you! I'll keep posted on the stamps or other interesting stuff. Hopefully next stream I can make some good progress. If you don't mind I'll still need your help or will keep posted if that's fine since you've been a major help.

#101378 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 19 October 2021 - 07:27 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Oh wow thanks, that actually helps a lot. I'm also wondering if there's a way to naturally increase a pians stats. For now though I'll gladly take your advice and do it next stream. I wonder how high I have to go with these mountains though. Judging from how the stamp looks I'd imagine it'd have to be gigantic but I wonder how many pians with a good flight stat I'd need. Hoping I can finally unlock this stamp. Thanks again for all the help, I know it's a dead topic/forum but I appreciate it!

#101376 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 19 October 2021 - 12:42 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Yep! It's just too bad you don't know WHAT kind of flower a pian will leave BEFORE it dies... But it's pretty easy to spot pians with high flying stat, they're more often in the air compared to other pians and ones with a really good flying stat will often be very high in the air! I think "perception" is how far away they'll notice you or others, some will spot you and stop what they're doing to respond to your presence when you're quite far away. Furthermore, you have to run further away from them before they stop following you. I'm not sure how you can measure "power" or "intelligence", though... My guess for intelligence is how often they may use the objects in the dream, like dancing at the disco, using the fountain, hopping to a music note to produce a sound, etc.
Another possibility is that it's pians with high intelligence that are responsible for most of these objects to appear...
Yeah, but it's pretty much just this one mepian that tends to have a high chance of making a king... Heh. I always keep her in the circle where you can keep pians away from the others, but whenever I take her out, she always breeds with someone and make a king! Ha.
Oh! And do you stream on Youtube? Twitch? I'll follow you!

Ah I'm struggling now to get any pian to increase my terrain. It's really hard to find any who have a purple flower and seeing that the ones that die in My Dream drop purple flowers has gotten really frustrating. I tried the flying method again but nothing. And letting them breed feels like an rng festival with the chances of them specializing in flight or going for the flower feels impossible at times since the pians in the levels seem to never spawn purple anymore. I streamed for 10 hours today and didn't make the best progress. I'm trying to figure out if there's any other way to make a pian specialize in flight. Do you have any ideas? Or any ideas on consistently getting purple flowers to spawn? If you need access to the files I can help with that too.

#101375 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 18 October 2021 - 02:31 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Oh yeah, I at first had a strat where I would basically let them follow me as high as possible and then loop to see which can go high. It didn't really do much for me sadly but the flower method seems to work wonders if you can find the right flower. I think we can get these stamps really soon at this rate. It's about time since it's been 13 years LUL.
Also I'd appreciate it! Here's my twitch where I stream like almost always NiGHTS and YouTube which I use to post NiGHTS things such as speedruns or the fastest boss strats. I have a script I'm almost done on but I gotta finish these stamps since it's about the A-Life System as a whole in the series and I wanna make it as best I can.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatonebirdbora
https://www.youtube....YCS1zpOzMy-fi8A

#101373 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 18 October 2021 - 07:04 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Oh wow that sounds like so much to manage. Also for the flower thing you're right. I looped a few pians near a purple flower and boom, instant hill growth. I had a bit of trouble after, couldn't find anymore purple so I'm gonna do more later on stream instead of offline. And for your pian I'd imagine it just keeps breeding with other mepians and that's why. It's funny because the chances of getting a King aren't even that high, it's like 1/4 if I remember.

#101371 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 18 October 2021 - 03:56 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Oh wow, so when a Pian dies in a chase mission flowers grow around it right? And depending on the color they produce determines what the Pians nearby specialize in? Sorry if I'm not understanding correctly, it's a lot. Also I did see in the manual how the flight stat does cause the terrain to shift. Honestly I think we could figure out how to get these last 2 stamps really soon. I'm gonna stream some more JoD like at 10AM CDT and keep going for stamp number 3.

#101369 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 17 October 2021 - 03:59 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Interesting! I've had high terrain on my dream before, but none TOO high! Yes, the medal could be for collecting all of the other medals... If it isn't, the only other thing I can think of is maybe breeding a pian with traits from every kind of Nightmaren... Oh! And if you have access to the game's files, there should be icons of different colored flowers... Can you list what all of their file names are? They have some association with the hidden stats of the pians, but I don't know what colors correspond with what stat...

Sorry for the multiple messages but I figured it out.
Blue is Agility, Purple is Fly, Green is Intelligence, Orange is Perception, Red/Pink is Power, and Yellow is Skillfullness.

https://twitter.com/...768825872920576

https://twitter.com/TheSalmoncake/status/1449769407237005327 

#101368 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 17 October 2021 - 03:39 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Nevermind I found them LUL. The colors are in a different texture file. It contains a flower for each color: red/pink, purple/magenta, yellow with orange, entirely yellow, green, and blue. I'll post the link of it on twitter. If I can tie them together I'll post it here.
https://twitter.com/...764768315813892

#101367 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 17 October 2021 - 03:31 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Interesting! I've had high terrain on my dream before, but none TOO high! Yes, the medal could be for collecting all of the other medals... If it isn't, the only other thing I can think of is maybe breeding a pian with traits from every kind of Nightmaren... Oh! And if you have access to the game's files, there should be icons of different colored flowers... Can you list what all of their file names are? They have some association with the hidden stats of the pians, but I don't know what colors correspond with what stat...

Okay so I found the names to the 6 stats by finding the base of these flowers. They are listed as: 
Agility, Fly, Intelligence, Perception, Power, Skillfullness

One issue though. The color codes for all the flower bases seems to be gray. It's in hexidecimal but each color code for RGB matches.
i.e: R= 29, G= 29, B= 29
This just results in gray and it's like this for every part of it. I'll keep looking for if there's something else though.

#101366 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 17 October 2021 - 01:42 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Sorry for the late response, I fell asleep after streaming JoD. I know someone in the NiGHTS speedrunning server (it's also a bit of a general server too) I'm in who has casually played so much they have legit mountains. I'd need to get a picture but they are impressive. Still no stamp however, so they STILL might not be large enough. Just got the King Pian stamp and Tower stamp on stream last night though. Stamps 1, 2, 4, and 5 are now collected. Just gotta get these last 2.

Also you said icons of different flowers? I don't think I saw any while I skimmed, but I could find them soon. I'd need to do a bit of file extension converting but it's not hard just tedious. I'll let the forum know if I find anything on it though. I'd appreciate it if you could let me know where these icons appear in-game.

(Link to the server if anyone feels like joining since they asked me to post it here but it's also easier since I'm always active there LUL) https://discord.gg/EwYsDyEQ

#101363 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 15 October 2021 - 02:01 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I doubt anyone's really interested but I dug into the files and found what each stamp is. Here's what they look like. It seems for stamp 3 if we raise the terrain of My Dream so high that we get huge mountains, it'll give the stamp. Stamp 6 seems to be a completionist stamp. I'll get back with more info if I find anything but feel free to do testing if you want. 

Quick Edit: Having trouble posting images on here so I posted it on Twitter for everyone to see the image. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for taking the time to read this. https://twitter.com/...836604676739075

#101362 My Dream Info

Posted by ThatOneBirdBora on 01 October 2021 - 10:01 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Hi, kinda new here. I was wondering if anyone has finally figured out what all of the stamps are in the Journal. I know that 1 is King Pian, 2 is the Tower, 4 is 80 Pians, and 5 is keep their health up, but I haven't seen anyone figure out stamp 3 and 6. I've been grinding now for a while and I wanted to include it in a video I'm working on. If anyone has any idea or knows I'd appreciate a response because I've tried quite a lot and got nothing.