Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Iron Joe's Content

There have been 11 items by Iron Joe (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#101275 Revisiting the Old Stomping Grounds

Posted by Iron Joe on 19 January 2018 - 07:38 PM in Community Corner

>NiGHTS

>missing anything

Oh if only

#101270 NiGHTS into Dreams Japanese manual?

Posted by Iron Joe on 24 November 2017 - 02:56 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Neat. Thanks!

#101267 NiGHTS into Dreams Japanese manual?

Posted by Iron Joe on 12 November 2017 - 06:09 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

According to the TVTropes page for NiGHTS into Dreams, the Japanese manual of the first game provides a lot of backstory that other versions of the manual don't. I've been wondering for a while where people get certain ideas such as Wizeman being a Visitor with no Ideya and the second-level Nightmaren (and Reala) creating the worlds you fight them in, and heck, for that matter, the very concept of the terms "third, second, and first-level Nightmaren." These things are all talked about on the Wiki and other places with all the confidence in the world, yet with no citations.

Not having checked the Japanese manual before, I would suppose that all this information I keep seeing everywhere is in it, but there's just one problem.

It's in Japanese.

Therefore, I can't verify any of it, as there doesn't seem to exist a publicly available fan-translation of the Japanese manual. This is something I found quite a bit surprising, as one for the far-less-popular Ristar does.

Can anybody help me out here? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places?

#101262 NiGHTS Costume in Sonic Forces Bonus Edition

Posted by Iron Joe on 12 October 2017 - 06:57 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I wish I could get excited about it, but empty lip service like this as opposed to what people actually liked about the old games is exactly what SEGA has been doing wrong for years now.

#101249 If NiGHTS had an Amiibo

Posted by Iron Joe on 30 August 2017 - 01:31 AM in Creative Stuff!

I'm surprised NiGHTS didn't get a Mii costume or anything in Smash. Playable NiGHTS would be a dream come true...for a very small amount of people that happens to include me.

#101248 Ideal NiGHTS game

Posted by Iron Joe on 30 August 2017 - 01:21 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

That sounds completely impossible lol

What I want most out of a new NiGHTS game is more NiGHTS into Dreams. Note how I specified the series entry there. NiGHTS into Dreams left me wanting more NiGHTS into Dreams, and NiGHTS Journey of Dreams left me wanting more...NiGHTS into Dreams. I just want more levels that play like NiD. Ideally, as many different areas as a Sonic game would get. The more, the merrier.

It's like Punch-Out, it's been so long since the last game that honestly I wouldn't complain if it weren't much different from the first one besides current graphics, smoother gameplay, and more content.

#101247 Major IP Releases (2017)

Posted by Iron Joe on 30 August 2017 - 01:15 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

So far, it looks like SEGA's trying to get off of its bullshit, but given how serious the story in Forces looks like it intends to be, I wouldn't say they're out of the woods just yet. Thing about Mania is that Sonic Team didn't make that, so we can't really use that as a sign of the folks in ST putting their heads back on.

The saddest part is that there is absolutely no way this article means that there's hope for my boy Ristar.

#101246 Ever encounter NiGHTS?

Posted by Iron Joe on 30 August 2017 - 01:07 AM in Dream Discussion

Define "scummy/iffy"

honestly even if the details weren't bannable, they're kind of embarrassing

#101239 Ever encounter NiGHTS?

Posted by Iron Joe on 29 July 2017 - 08:35 PM in Dream Discussion

edit: Today I learned you can't delete posts on this forum

so without going into detail

yeah, I have

#101238 Ideal NiGHTS game

Posted by Iron Joe on 29 July 2017 - 08:15 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

What I want out of NiGHTS 3 is a massive reduction of the BS factor. JoD added BS in spades. Wouldn't let go of my hand for a second, full of unskippable cutscenes and tutorials as well as annoying, unflattering vehicle stages. I just want it to be more like NiGHTS.

#101237 Major IP Releases (2017)

Posted by Iron Joe on 29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

For years now, SEGA has just been nothing but Sonic and Yakuza. I would like to think that if any SEGA franchise besides those two is to be considered "major," it's NiGHTS. Maybe Virtua Fighter. Super Monkey Ball maybe?

I'm a little wary on a potential NiGHTS 3 and will continue to be until I have reason to be confident in Sonic Team again. As long as they're not consistently putting out good Sonic games, they're not gonna be putting out good NiGHTS games even if they try; that's the lesson I learned from Journey of Dreams. It looks like Mania and Forces will be good, but so were Colors and Generations, and it took a while for a promising Sonic game to release after that.

I've got bad feeling that my definition of "major franchises" differs from SEGA's quite a bit. What I think SEGA is trying to do is introduce as many people as possible to older franchises with SEGA Forever, and then see about actually reviving some of them. I don't think this will be the case for all of them or even most of them, but maybe one or two. Given that the Spielberg controller has shown up in the teasers, I find it quite likely that NiD will see a SEGA Forever release; perhaps using the touch screen as a "Mindsight" of sorts.

I don't see any of those currently on the App Store via SEGA Forever getting a revival anytime soon, but we'll see. Wouldn't rule out Altered Beast nor Crazy Taxi. As far as I know, there hasn't been a SEGA Saturn game on SEGA Forever yet, so it's possible that NiGHTS will be the first.