Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Lone-Sundowner's Content

There have been 16 items by Lone-Sundowner (Search limited from 27-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#101400 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 25 October 2021 - 06:07 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Oh, interesting. Your terrain is pretty high...but it seems like it should keep getting higher... Especially since there's not much mountain texture on the tips... Maybe as you keep playing, the slopes will keep getting steeper, even if the height won't change much and you'll see more mountains then...

#101398 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 25 October 2021 - 05:58 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Yeah, it would make a lot of sense, right?
Ha. I play Aqua Garden and Lost Park the most, because they're my favorite worlds and I want my dream to reflect those levels the most! I love tropical and desert landscapes... They're my favorite!😍
But I also really like Memory Forest, Pure Valley, and even the city is cool. The worlds in Journey of Dreams are amazing and some of my favorite worlds in any game. The only one I'm not really into is Crystal Palace. Not only do I dislike autumn for the most part(though it's certainly much better than winter! Ha.), but I also don't like the texture of the crystals. If they looked like they did in the cutscenes, the world would look much better, but would still be my least favorite.
Alright, good night and good luck! Heh.

#101396 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 25 October 2021 - 04:24 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Hmmm... Can I see how your mountains look now, now that you think they're peaked?
The manual might not say so, but I still think level performance affects it to an extent. Yes, it is pian's flight that directly affect the terrain, but they don't have an effect unless levels are played. I was always under the impression it's a combination of performance and pian's flight that affect the terrain, but hey, I never tested to see what changes might occur if I purposely got bad ranks in the levels, so maybe it only matters that levels are played and not how you perform in them... The levels you play most often affect the appearance of the terrain, though. For example, your terrain where there's slopes can look white and sandy from Aqua Garden, or reddish, canyon-like from Lost Park, instead of grey and stony like a regular mountain.
If your hills really aren't growing more...the only thing I can think of is either you need a pian with even HIGHER flying skill, or, I have another idea... Maybe the stamp isn't asking for especially high slopes, but that your Dream is more than 50% of sloped terrain. Meaning, instead of mostly being grass or whatever, the mountains have taken over and over half of the dream has the texture of the mountains. This terrain shows in both positive slopes and negative slopes, by the way, so pians with poor and good flying would both be useful. Could be a possibility...

#101394 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 24 October 2021 - 12:41 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Yeah, I think Memory Forest is another level that lacks blue orb chests in the walk portion of the chase mission, if I'm not mistaken...
Aside from more blue orbs, I wish we had more TIME to walk around, too! Come to think of it, I remember my hills sculpting in an unpredictable manner as well... They would get so tall and start to look really cool, and then it would totally shift and completely change in some parts...but since hills were never my priority, I didn't pay it much mind. I wonder if this happens, because the nightopians responsible for the terrain growths in a particular area stray too far from it... Oh, by the way, when I play levels to change my terrain, I usually pick a dream door to play every stage(from Chase to Final Boss) and then play Octopaw last for the blue chips. I think doing it that way makes the changes more drastic... Sometimes I'll even do it more than once or with all of the dream doors before returning to My Dream.
In my opinion, I think it makes more sense for the terrain to be dependent on how often/how good we perform on the levels...which is how it works to an extent, but could certainly be better implemented. Again, the game was rushed, so it's very likely they couldn't implement all of the mechanics they wanted to to make the dream and the levels have a better connection with each other...
I was excited about Balan Wonderworld, because even though it looked flawed from the beginning, I was really hoping the Tims would at least be really fleshed out and very much like My Dream with some improvements, but look how much of a disaster that was... Ha. It didn't even come close to JoD, even in the "My Dream equivalent" department...

I got a 2x in the Cerberus boss(1st version)! By switching to the rocket and blasting to the chain as fast as you can without getting hit and again right when they come back up. It's tricky, but it's possible. Now Girania, I can not in ANY way get the 2x multiplier as well... Ha.

Yeah, I'll try to play later on today. Unfortunately, I can't provide the best quality photos, because I have no way of streaming my gameplay... Heh. But it will suffice, I suppose... I've missed playing NiGHTS and tending to my pians, but I was waiting for someone like you to solve some of the mysteries surrounding them before I played again! Heh.

#101392 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 23 October 2021 - 06:20 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Oh, so you do have a king, OK... I just checked out your last Twitch stream and skipped through to all of the dream parts... The hills look to be be growing nicely! I've had hills quite steeper than that, so I imagine they'll have to be twice as big as the ones in your dream...or probably even higher! Heh. I'll have to boot up my game(haven't played in a couple of years now...) to tell you just how many hours I spent in it... Heh. And maybe take some pictures... I've played through the levels so many times and made so many mepians in them, that they show up in the levels while I'm still playing as the kids! That's my second favorite thing to do in the game, make cool mepians that appear in the levels that I can interact with while still walking, as opposed to only seeing them once I dualize with NiGHTS. In Lost Park, I even have some that ride on magic carpets, and I have a clip of me riding on one in the desert! I was trying to see if I can get them to make me go high enough to touch the scenery-changing monitor, so that I'd be able to see the lush version of Lost Park while walking around... Heh. (Side note: for whatever reason, full-fledged scorpion mepians lose the ability to ride magic carpets when they're made from a pian being hit with a Nightmaren, but theoretically, you should be able to breed that trait onto them from a mepian that can. The scorpion mepian is the only mepian that loses a unique trait the more nightmaren they are...) I'm also curious to know if it's possible to make a King Pian in the levels as opposed to just in My Dream... One thing I noticed is that unlike every other stage, there's no chest of blue orbs you can find as children in the Aqua Garden and Crystal Palace stage, so blue orbs are scarce to feed all of my pian friends in those levels... :(
That really bothers me with the Aqua Garden stage, because that's my favorite world... Ha.

#101390 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 22 October 2021 - 05:14 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I haven't played in awhile...but I think I easily have over 100-200 hours on mine! Ha. Between breeding for specific pians, keeping them all alive, and being obsessed with re-playing the levels over and over to see how it would affect my dream...
At one point, I was starting to DREAM about My Dream! Ha.
I just thought of something, you don't have the king pian in this file, do you? What if we need the king for the hills to get even taller...? Probably not, but it would probably help, since he keeps all of the pians in the same general area, which would probably help to grow the hills faster...
I always thought it would be cool to mod the game and sculpt the terrain exactly how you'd want it! Heh.
On my file, I explicitly sought out pians with low flying, so that I can try to make a "coast" on one edge of my dream... Heh. It's hard to keep them in line for that, though...so I had mixed results. Ha.

#101388 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 22 October 2021 - 03:51 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I think you just have to keep going until it's really, really tall... It sounds like your mountains are just going to start growing from the center from now on! Don't give up now! But also don't rush it... I think this achievement in normal cases would probably be obtained after weeks or even MONTHS of playing, so don't feel too discouraged if you feel it's not happening fast enough... Heh.
And yes, I always wanted to get inside information from a dev, too! But for me, on just exactly how the breeding works...but really, any other mechanic that surrounds the nightopians and My Dream... Heh.

#101386 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 22 October 2021 - 01:39 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Does the "purple spinning thing" look like an icon? That's the icon for really stormy weather. I don't remember specific dates, but that weather occurs most often in the summer, so try dates in July and August.
I'm not sure about the rainbow... Don't remember ever seeing one myself... It's possible that it occurs on a sunny day that occurs right after a rainy one? The ice crystals appear in your dream in the winter months, so in January-February. They usually contain a nightopian inside of them....

Nice! Glad you're making progress! To be honest with you, personally, I doubt that there's a second texture for mountains. I think that icon is just to imply that they need to be really tall like mountains, but hey, who knows, I guess...?

#101383 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 20 October 2021 - 12:02 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I think these are all good ideas! Though it's not a guarantee catching a pian that was near a purple flower means that THAT pian has high flying, because its stats could be different from the one that died... But you'll know if it does, because it'll be in the air a lot. A safe bet is to catch ones that are already in the air while you're passing through the level, because if they're in the air on their own, you know for sure they have good flying. Ones that are near the ground and fly very little have a low flying stat and these ones will cause pits to grow instead of hills...
Oh. And keep in mind those with good flying can be hard to feed, because sometimes they'll go way in the air and won't come down for a long time. But don't worry if this happens, as long as you see them in the air as you leave My Dream, they'll still be there, they'll just be fainted when you come back and you can feed them then. If you want certain ones to breed together, put them in a corner where they're more likely to be near each other!
Oh. And to have the most changes in My Dream, play multiple levels back to back before you re-enter My Dream after you catch a bunch of pians and you should always see changes! Pians don't die while you're playing levels, so don't worry about that. They only disappear when you leave them fainted and don't feed them before you leave. Yes, keeping notes on all their names and checking which ones you fed is a good way to keep them alive. I do the same thing for mine!
Thanks for adding me! Just hit me up whenever you need.

#101381 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 19 October 2021 - 08:22 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Oh, I don't mind at all! I'd actually love to help and see your progress!
You can add me as a friend on here and message me your email, if you want!

#101379 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 19 October 2021 - 07:55 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Nope. Sadly, there's no way to increase a pian's stats... Their stats are completely permanent, so you gotta keep the good ones!
Oh, not a problem! I'm happy to help.
I actually enjoy Journey of Dreams and the My Dream feature in particular, even if it did have the misfortune of being rushed and being a "dead" topic... Heh.
It's still really interesting and there's still so many mysteries surrounding it!
I hope you have a lot of success!

#101377 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 19 October 2021 - 06:47 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Thanks for the links!

Oh no, don't let them die! When you catch pians from levels that you know have a good flying stat, make sure you make a note on who they are once you get back to your dream and make sure you keep them fed. It sounds like you probably caught most of the good ones from the levels already, so there's less to catch, sadly... When that happens, all you can do is keep replaying levels and hatch all of the eggs that spawn and hope they have good flying. You CAN just catch these outright, but a smarter thing to do is to try to shoot nightmarens at them, so the resulting offspring ALSO have a good flying stat! I think certain nightmarens in particular are more likely to be good in a certain stat. For flying, I think your best bet will be mewpies, the seabirds. So the chase missions in Aqua Garden and depending on your file, Lost Park, will be the best stages. From my experience, Beez mepians also tend to have high flying stats. I also notice that the wild nightopians that appear in the Octopaw missions also happen to have pretty high stats, and if they don't, eggs appear a lot in these stages, so you'll find good ones eventually. Notice which ones are in the air while you're flying through the level and paraloop them.
And if you want to focus on breeding in My Dream, keep in mind that they'll only breed ONCE while in the dream and won't breed again no matter how much time passes. You'll have to leave and re-enter your dream in order to breed them again. And to keep your pians alive, I don't enter My Dream again until I play an Octopaw mission where I can collect as many blue chips as I can before I'm ready to finish the stage.
Sorry about your unfruitful experience, it really is tricky to get specific kind of pians... Heh. But hopefully this all helps!

#101374 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 18 October 2021 - 11:46 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Oh wow that sounds like so much to manage. Also for the flower thing you're right. I looped a few pians near a purple flower and boom, instant hill growth. I had a bit of trouble after, couldn't find anymore purple so I'm gonna do more later on stream instead of offline. And for your pian I'd imagine it just keeps breeding with other mepians and that's why. It's funny because the chances of getting a King aren't even that high, it's like 1/4 if I remember.

Yep! It's just too bad you don't know WHAT kind of flower a pian will leave BEFORE it dies... But it's pretty easy to spot pians with high flying stat, they're more often in the air compared to other pians and ones with a really good flying stat will often be very high in the air! I think "perception" is how far away they'll notice you or others, some will spot you and stop what they're doing to respond to your presence when you're quite far away. Furthermore, you have to run further away from them before they stop following you. I'm not sure how you can measure "power" or "intelligence", though... My guess for intelligence is how often they may use the objects in the dream, like dancing at the disco, using the fountain, hopping to a music note to produce a sound, etc.
Another possibility is that it's pians with high intelligence that are responsible for most of these objects to appear...
Yeah, but it's pretty much just this one mepian that tends to have a high chance of making a king... Heh. I always keep her in the circle where you can keep pians away from the others, but whenever I take her out, she always breeds with someone and make a king! Ha.
Oh! And do you stream on Youtube? Twitch? I'll follow you!

#101372 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 18 October 2021 - 06:31 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Oh wow, so when a Pian dies in a chase mission flowers grow around it right? And depending on the color they produce determines what the Pians nearby specialize in? Sorry if I'm not understanding correctly, it's a lot. Also I did see in the manual how the flight stat does cause the terrain to shift. Honestly I think we could figure out how to get these last 2 stamps really soon. I'm gonna stream some more JoD like at 10AM CDT and keep going for stamp number 3.

Actually, just one flower sprouts in replace of a pian's body. And interestingly, when you have multiple pians pass on in a group in the My Dream, butterflies will flutter around the flowers that they leave behind. I always wondered if this provided some kind of "bonus" or something or if it's merely decoration... They don't SEEM to affect anything from what I noticed...
And yes, the flower they leave behind shows what stat they were high in.
Interestingly, I played My Dream so extensively, that I have nightopians that are like, AT LEAST 5-6 generations down of deliberate breeding. And since I'm trying to get a king with all of the traits I want, there have been times where I got a king egg accidentally and only seeing it when I return after saving and exiting. When you let a king die, it leaves behind a GIANT flower! I hope I have a picture of this somewhere... And yes, you can make another king in the same dream if one dies.
I have one pian, one a result from my generational breedings, that seems to make kings whoever she breeds with, and it doesn't necessarily have to be with just one nightmaren trait, so somehow, there's something special about her that causes her to produce kings... I speculate maybe high stats are what makes a king... I just wish there was a way I can ensure what traits a nightopian gets from their parents...

#101370 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 17 October 2021 - 11:45 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Oh, that's quite alright! Thanks a bunch! I always wanted to know what these flowers represented, so now it'll be less of a mystery! The last time I was playing, I was extensively breeding my Nightopians to try to have a king Pian with ALL of the traits I wanted, but I noticed nightopians only inherited so many from their parents...but oddly, there were others that seemed to inherit MORE traits from their parents than others... I always suspected that perhaps, this was because they had a higher "skillfullness" stat... Another interesting thing I noticed is that no matter what, nightopians will always inherit the SAME traits from breeding two specific parents, even though they can be born with different appearances and names. When I say "traits", by the way, I'm talking about the actions they may perform, such as sparkling and blowing bubbles from the Seapo, using Semaphore flags from the Mewpie, painting from the Sheeple, or even how fast they move or high they fly.
Since purple flowers is flying, that means the nightopians in the chase missions that die and leave behind purple flowers are in spots where the nightopians have a good flying stat! It's nightopians with a high flying stat that make your terrain higher!

#101365 My Dream Info

Posted by Lone-Sundowner on 16 October 2021 - 07:53 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I doubt anyone's really interested but I dug into the files and found what each stamp is. Here's what they look like. It seems for stamp 3 if we raise the terrain of My Dream so high that we get huge mountains, it'll give the stamp. Stamp 6 seems to be a completionist stamp. I'll get back with more info if I find anything but feel free to do testing if you want. 

Quick Edit: Having trouble posting images on here so I posted it on Twitter for everyone to see the image. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for taking the time to read this. https://twitter.com/...836604676739075

Interesting! I've had high terrain on my dream before, but none TOO high! Yes, the medal could be for collecting all of the other medals... If it isn't, the only other thing I can think of is maybe breeding a pian with traits from every kind of Nightmaren... Oh! And if you have access to the game's files, there should be icons of different colored flowers... Can you list what all of their file names are? They have some association with the hidden stats of the pians, but I don't know what colors correspond with what stat...