Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Aura-Moon's Content

There have been 20 items by Aura-Moon (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#62706 My first NiGHTS fanart. (critique please!)

Posted by Aura-Moon on 11 September 2008 - 05:51 PM in Creative Stuff!

Yeah, unlike most other fandoms we don't have much canon to go after, so we have a bit more freedom with fanon.

If that was true, people wouldn't have had a go at me when I first designed Aura =_= I got told off for giving her hair and a sword...but whatever.

#62600 My first NiGHTS fanart. (critique please!)

Posted by Aura-Moon on 10 September 2008 - 06:52 PM in Creative Stuff!

Can I just point out something: Not all maren ARE JoD fanmaren! I've had Aura for nearly 5 years =/ She's a NiD fanmaren. Not all of us base our maren on the sequeal. Not all of us use that universe. So you can follow one set of rules and we'll follow ours.

#62520 If NiGHTS had an anime...

Posted by Aura-Moon on 09 September 2008 - 04:26 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

If they did make it, I would like to see Yuji Naka's imput. :|

Even if Naka had a hand, doesn't mean it will be good. They will try to find new ideas, silly characters and no link back to what the game is about.

I still say it: No NiGHTS anime thank you.

#62519 The PSU screencap thread

Posted by Aura-Moon on 09 September 2008 - 04:22 PM in The NiGHTS Syndicate Group

Bah, short lived *sigh* Kinda expected that. It's a shame...but eh, oh well. Won't stop me playing.

#62518 Darren Shan and The Looking Glass Wars

Posted by Aura-Moon on 09 September 2008 - 04:21 PM in Community Corner

I've heard a lot about Darren Shan. I never read the book but I do like the manga adaption of it. o_o

A manga adaption, you say? o_o I'm now very curious, Kichi...I've seen art on DA but not a manga adaption.
But read the books XD You get a feel for the character much much more.

#62517 Dreams Dreams 2007 AMV

Posted by Aura-Moon on 09 September 2008 - 04:16 PM in Creative Stuff!

It's just like all the other AMVs on there to be honest. But they didn't credit the art, that is probably not avertising. That will probably bother Lynne seeing as iMAGNi has nothing to do with NiD anymore.

I hate those AMVs, I've had my art used in one and it's a total friggen insult LOL.

#62516 My first NiGHTS fanart. (critique please!)

Posted by Aura-Moon on 09 September 2008 - 04:10 PM in Creative Stuff!

New NiGHTS related art YEY! <3

Posted Image

It's a nice character design but you've fallen into the trap of a NiGHTS clone

This is my fanmaren, iLLUSE.

Ever since the second "fall" of Wiseman (Wiseman has ways of comming back...) other Nightmaren of high ranks began to have actually taken betrayal into consideration, NiGHTS being their new and more benevolent leader. The new smaller group of Nightmaren are known as the Maren Resistance, or Dream world Freedom Fighters (now where have I heard Freedom Fighters before? XD) iLLUSE was one of the few first to join.

He, just like NiGHTS, wasn't really all that evil deep inside him to begin with despite his appearance. - Now here's my problem with fancharacters (I'm not bitching, just warning) Not all maren will be like NiGHTS, infact, if you read NiGHTS lore, you will understand that most maren adore Wizeman. He is their "father" and their creator. Why would all of them rebel against the being that can ultimately destroy them?

He was considered a rebellious teenager by Wiseman and wasn't very useful in his book (yes folks, I am calling iLLUSE a HE for he has a confirmed gender just like Reala lol).

iLLUSE always had a great desire to bring music to the dreaming world thus the reason for his constant playing of the "nonexistant" Piano in his previous Lair. When Wiseman was supposedly defeated, iLLUSE was lucky to be launched into the real world like NiGHTS and a few other missing maren. When iLLUSE met up with NiGHTS who had found two other Nightmaren and all were planing to create the Maren Resistance, he was more then happy to join them, finally getting the freedom to bring his music to life in the realms of Nightopia. iLLUSE can't really spin dash very well, so for powerful enemies, his next best choice is his tresured Violin as a weapon(think of his special attack as a ear shattering horrible screeching on the violin being done on purpose lol). He plays the Violin well however when he's not in danger and is out and about with his fellow resistance Nightmaren and Vistor friends.

His personality consist of him personally feeling insecure and is easily scared in battle against emesely powerful enemies(blame that on Wiseman's constant scolding to him for playing his music all day lol)He's very charming otherwise and always wants to show his friends any new music he composes or any new songs he learns and writes(did I mention his an excellent singer? 8D; ).

iLLUSE was not born from Wiseman himself, but of two other Nightmaren parents who were two of NiGHTS MANY siblings, So NiGHTS is technically iLLUSE's uncle/aunt. - I'll be honest: Your character was good until then, then he became just another run of the mill mary sue maren =/ Remove any ties to NiGHTS and you got a winner. Too many fans try too hard to make all maren related. Avoid that completely, your character can then blossom and you're not relying on a lore you've strung to be a basis for character development. I originally made Aura NiGHTS' sister for goodness sake. But as I grew wiser to fan communities, I realized how silly it was and soon Aura became a low ranked maren with limited freedom and a deep loyalty to her master. Not every single maren

wow that's some description huh? XD tell me what you guys think!

You wanted what we thought and I think you've demonstrated the problem with creating fanmaren- No originality and falling back on the silly idea that NiGHTS and Reala have siblings. And hang on, did you realize what you've just done - but of two other Nightmaren parents who were two of NiGHTS MANY siblings - doesn't that qualify as incest? o_O Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not being mean, I'm just pointing out where you could improve and develop.

#62226 Darren Shan and The Looking Glass Wars

Posted by Aura-Moon on 05 September 2008 - 10:23 PM in Community Corner

The Vampire Chronicles/Vampire Diaries as some say is to me, best vampire novel series out there for young people. Better than that Twilight nonsense -which feels like a total rip off-. It feels so heartfelt and so tragic when you read what happens to Darren *sigh* I have to say, it's a good series, very underappreciated.

And The Looking Glass Wars = best adaption of Alice in Wonderland EVER. It's so sharp and deadly in places. And Hatter Madigan for the win. I guess I have a total soft spot for Alice and stuff.

So opinions folks? What's your feel for these if you've read 'em.

#62223 Dragon Ball Live Action

Posted by Aura-Moon on 05 September 2008 - 10:15 PM in Community Corner

Well, the thing is, there's a free DBZ online game coming and Toriyama is heading that, he's been designing that for yonks but this, I'm not sure if he has a hand in this.

I despair that Bulma will not have her trademark hair =_= Master Royshi will not be a perv most likely and hey, Goku's a hated school student! Oh oh and here's the clincher: NO ANIMALS. That's right, no Oolong, Purang (sp?) and no Turtle. They've removed the comedy and the humour and made this into some testosterone ridden action movie to try and inspire an unimaginative generation *grumble*.

This film will suck dragonballs (lol).

#62221 The PSU screencap thread

Posted by Aura-Moon on 05 September 2008 - 10:02 PM in The NiGHTS Syndicate Group

WAAAAH

This reminds me of the old days of PSO BB...me and Lazuli played it all the time...I miss my lvl64.

I have PSU, yush, I have my darling little Force Iffen and mah boyfriend is a CAST called Umushi. Some of you may have spotted us together XD *reinstalls and reopens account*

#62218 Why more people need to play the original!

Posted by Aura-Moon on 05 September 2008 - 09:48 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Ok, we'll flash back to a couple of months ago, boyfriend and me get JoD, I own NiGHTS and Crimbo NiGHTS, he doesn't. He's never played NiD except for the Wii version. We play it for a couple of weeks and we both give a review.

He enjoyed it.
I disliked it.

Anyway, this leads to a discussion about the old school NiGHTS on Saturn and I mention how I have more fun playing that over JoD and boyfriend askes why. I state that there is little to restrict you in creating a Nightmaren for example and there is little of this new fangled silliness. Call me old school lol! I also explain that you miss out on awesome bosses and music and atmosphere in NiD the original which is -to me- lost in JoD.

He now really REALLY wants to play NiD on the saturn and it made me smile. However, some of my other friends feel the old one is rubbish and lacks substance.

So follow me on this one, my fellow NiDers. Do you feel that anyone who has played JoD should play the original to get a feel of what it was like in the 90's? I mean, admittedly I love the original because the limitless fun you can have weaving in your own story and exploring ideas, where as the new one is too restricted.

Soooorry if this may be in the wrong topic ^^; It's been too long since I forumed.

#62217 My Dream Info

Posted by Aura-Moon on 05 September 2008 - 09:42 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Funny realization: Going in your boyfriend's dream and killing his most prized mepian = stupid XD We connected and I ran around, moving mepians and minions. Next thing i know, a Shleep eats his mepian. He still hates me for it.

Serious note: I love how certain things affect environmental conditions. My landscape has gone ARGH several times. I've had a beautiful city in the distance then the following day, I had a horrific forest. It's just fascinating to watch it change so rapidly.

#62216 Official Fanmaren Help Thread *MERGED*

Posted by Aura-Moon on 05 September 2008 - 09:33 PM in Creative Stuff!

This kind of topic bothers me. I mean, isn't there any originality here? Why do you all want a NiGHTS clone? =/ I really like what Kato, Purg and Mare had all done with their designs. Yet all of you want a clone...LOL. You know, Nightmaren aren't solely restricted to what NiGHTS and Reala look like (and before anyone says about Aura-Moon, take a good look at her proportions and her apperance, the only nightmaren thing about her is her outfit and the lack of neck/wrists).
But eh, each to his or her own I guess.

#62158 If NiGHTS had an anime...

Posted by Aura-Moon on 04 September 2008 - 10:58 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'd rather NOT see a NiGHTS anime. Sonic has been butchered, Kirby has been butchered, Pokemon was butchered.

If they DID make it...I'd like to see the company who did Fullmetal Alchemist do it. They were so true to the manga and yet added some subtle changes. Plus..Vic :D Ahem

I would not want to hear the JoD voice actress. She grinds me down too fast, annoying, lifeless and overall over the top. It makes me cringe hearing such a god-awful accent. I wouldn't mind hearing Reala's voice actor. But I'd rather the series be based off the first game. JoD would end up being another HAPPY GO LUCKY KAWAII DESU ANIMU SERIES >>;

But if there is some deity out there, I'd rather NiGHTS was not touched by the anime brush...lol, my boyfriend and me are considering redubbing JoD because we dislike the voice acting THAT MUCH XD *shot*

#62155 Is it a bird, is it a plane? Nope, it's just me again

Posted by Aura-Moon on 04 September 2008 - 10:52 PM in Introduce Yourself

Haha thank you Purg, my dear! It feels good to be back!

Thank you for fixing the evil smiley XD

#62154 How many fanmaren do you have?

Posted by Aura-Moon on 04 September 2008 - 10:48 PM in Creative Stuff!

Eh...might as well...get me back into the swing of things.

--

Picture: http://aura-moon.dev...a-Moon-97022230

Name: Aura-Moon

Theme song: Why by Stabbing Westward

Purpose: Spy/Watchwoman.

Height: 6ft. (She's short)

Relationship?: Forbidden marriage to Genmou (friend's "fanmaren" I guess)

Siblings/Family: Daughter by the name of Sonata. Also is step-mother to Sonata's step brother and Genmou's son, Peace. BTW, Important note: SHE IS NOT RELATED TO ANY OF THE OFFICIAL CHARACTERS. I personally dislike doing that...but eh, each to their own.

Personality: She is opiniated, sharp and a downright b*tch to people. A contrast to my own personality. She is a drifter, cast out by her kind for crimes she herself does not recall committing. Her malice is only outweighed by her cynical view on the world she is a part of and she doesn't take other maren seriously...except the higher ranks of course. Her disgust of humans is only minimized by the fact that she has to babysit a certain dreamer. She however takes pride in herself, faults and all.

Loyalty: Despite protecting a dreamer, she still serves under Wizeman's hand. (LOL Literally)

Powers: Manipulation of mirrors - she can pass through a mirror or mirror like substances. This ability means she can pull unsuspecting dreamers into a realm where they face their own reflection and their reality. She consumes their ideya and leaves them lost.

Manipulation of ribbons/chains - Under her body, Aura wears ribbons round her chest, wrists and neck. These remain in place until she summons them. These ribbons cannot survive sudden attacks, fire or freezing. They are just fabric, no magic. The chains have a deeper meaning, during the time Aura was sealed for not knowing her place. She calls forth five chains, bound to the wrists, ankles and neck. These chains pull you until your dream body snaps, you awake and are left with the eternal feeling of well being stuck on The Rack.

The Shattered Rose - This is a "sword" that she wields...I guess. The sword is symbolic rather than a weapon. It's normally mounted in her chapel in The Discarded Dreams realm. She only tends to wield the sword as a decoy.

Flaws: Unable to assume aquatic form - Aura cannont assume an underwater form at all, if she goes into water, she can drown like a human. The reason for this is Aura has a terrible fear of deep water and the isolation it can bring. Again, contrast to me since I love to swim but anyway. If held underwater, she will drown, may not kill her but she will be weak and an easy target.

Limited physical strength - Aura is a spy and a gatherer, she does not need strength and against higher rank maren, she can be knocked down easily by other maren. She is built to escape and hide. Not to fight giant maren or even stronger humaren.

Addiction to Blue Ideya - Aura's addiction comes from the very ideya she was shaped from. Her need to consume blue ideya can often lead to her even attacking her own dreamer just to get nourishment. She won't die without it, she just needs it to stay sane.

That's all

#62148 Is it a bird, is it a plane? Nope, it's just me again

Posted by Aura-Moon on 04 September 2008 - 09:28 PM in Introduce Yourself

I thought I'd redo this since my last one is A) Out of date and B) I got new stuff to cover lol.

Hello all, I am Aura-Moon. I'm not a newbie here, far from it, I'm somewhat of an oldbie. I have a...history here XD But trust me, I'm on my best behaviour now. I once said I couldn't show my face here but I've cleaned up my act and matured much more. I've learnt from my mistakes and hope to become a big part of the community once more *phail*

I'm a 17 (18 on Sept 7th, yay me) year old art student from Wales in the UK. I've been into NiD since um...2004 but I'm told I played it when I was like 6 or 7 so bah. I somewhat of an oddity to my friends, I'm open minded and happy to help anyone who needs a shoulder to cry on. I have a fanmaren of course *new ref on the way* and a DAland page of course.

I've been in a happy relationship with my boyfriend of 2 years. I'm somewhat reluctant to chat at first cause I often start off on the wrong foot *sigh*.

My art style is a mixture of cliche anime, sonic the hedgehog and my own little...weirdo stuff. I will draw almost anything of a tasteful (to the most part) topic. I am currently working on a large scale comic series with my boyfriend called Rebellion which is an anthro comic we've been working on for two years. It has a huge number of characters, plot twists and sexy ladies in mini skirts, yaha.

Anything else...oh yeah, I know some may not be happy to see me and I apologise greatly but I want to try again! *bows head* Ahem.

Oh yush, during the Gen period, I was known as LiBERATiON which made many people laugh and agree that it was a good symbol XD i still affectionately call myself that on some things so yush.

Bye bye all!

#21451 non NiGHTS art

Posted by Aura-Moon on 19 October 2007 - 03:58 PM in Artwork

WAAAAH RIZZO FROM CIRQUE LA NOUBA O_O OMFG I'VE SEEN HIM LIVE TWICE <3
Man...awesome indeed

#21431 Aura's..."other"...stuff

Posted by Aura-Moon on 19 October 2007 - 06:26 AM in Artwork

>> << I shame meself LOL

--

As a first entry, my sub-gen doodle *moved for I made a little error oops XD* >> Tried and failed at vector art w00t

Posted Image

This is my own personal concept of what LiBERATiON looks like headwise >>; I got really bored one day and doodled my sub-gen for a laugh. Her genstone is a bass cleff (musical symbol) just cause it was the only thing I could think of for the mean time. It's totally messy and really badly done LOL

and I know, iMAGNi art shouldn't really be posted (least i think that's a rule) but...I like it >>;

enjoy ^^

--

Posted Image

A world of warcraft fanart (I play on EU servers) of my blood elf warlock and my boyfriend's blood elf rogue from the RP servers! It won me a second place in a local art contest ^_^

--

Posted Image

My collab with my dear friend Rita (www.vanilla-wicked.deviantart.com) of our Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines characters XD the smexy goth girl is mine and the smexy doll girl is hers! She did the lineart and yours truely did the colouring with a gorgeous stock phot from Opium-Dreams over on DA.

--

Posted Image

Mini collab between me and Master Purg *zing!* He drew me on msn and I imported the lineart into photoshop and gave it colour >>; I love it...it's too close to the real me

--

Posted Image

A humanized version of my fursona, Mint O_o eh it's a cool pic *zing*

--

Posted Image

Finally, a photo of my GCSE graphics project. I made a DVD set based on mine and Scarz's *boyfriend <3* little script stuff called Rebellion!

#20804 Aura's little art folder

Posted by Aura-Moon on 14 October 2007 - 11:50 AM in Creative Stuff!

I LIVE O_O

Yeah I really gotta stop vanishing :P;

Mmm...just some more new junk I wanted to displaaaaaaaay

--

First

Posted Image

My Pixel ID fighter thing from DA o_o; This is my most popular piece and still gets the odd fav *lols to herself*
It's my fanmaren in her full glory << >> Notice how I really can't seem to pixel LOLs

--