Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Nix Entente's Content

There have been 26 items by Nix Entente (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#72954 Greetings!

Posted by Nix Entente on 05 August 2009 - 01:53 AM in Introduce Yourself

I'm totally digging your icon. SPOON!

#72938 The NiGHTSmare Before Chrismas

Posted by Nix Entente on 04 August 2009 - 07:59 PM in Community Corner

Jack isn't emo or goth, he's just kind of negative.

I agree; he definitely isn't emo or goth! But, I can't really say that he's negative, either. In fact, he kind of embodies everything positive: ambitious, driven, excited about what he does, passionate, brilliant, caring, aware. The only litte downside is that he gets pretty...tunnel-visioned. : ) In fact, the only reason Christmas becomes a disaster is because of the people of Halloweentown. Jack seems to understand what Christmas is--that's what enthralls him. It isn't until he tries to bend it for the other citizens that it becomes a mess.

Honestly, my view of Jack is very close to how I see NiGHTS. He is by nature, a scary creature, but only because we're trained to fear certain things. The curiosity and geniality of both character eventually wins us over, even though they could really terrify us if they wanted to. I like to see NiGHTS from the original game as a sharp, scientific mind with a razor wit and spidery hands. : 3 Mmm, NiD NiGHTS...

#72937 NiGHTS mmorpg

Posted by Nix Entente on 04 August 2009 - 07:44 PM in Poll Area

Well, as I'm not experienced with MMOs, I guess I have no real say in this, but I could definitely see a NiD version happening, if someone driven got behind it. I don't know if I'd play, but...

I think that you could set up a character choosing from however many races the creator set up [Nightmaren, Nightopians, Humans, et cetera] and then essentially roll for stats. The stats would determine how you function in the dream world. You could have your basic stuff like agility, strength, endurance--but then you could also have things for dreamers like lucidity, deep sleep time, and self-awareness. They could all be things that increase your ability to control and alter the dreamscape. And of course, with time spent playing the game and interacting with others, you can increase your stats.

As a dreamcreature, you could have a particular dream aspect that is your strength--anything from disorientation to manufacturing a sense of touch to even working with a particular symbolic color. There are a lot of ways you could go with this.

This way, you could have a game with foci on the numbers for numbernerds and the characters for the characternerds. I think it would be pretty neato.

Not that I would play. But, I am putting a 'yes' for my vote.

#72923 Inspiration Fairytale

Posted by Nix Entente on 04 August 2009 - 04:53 AM in Planning and Advertising

I know that I've just come back from lurking, so you may not trust my MADSKILLZ of roleplay, but I would love to play NiGHTS. If you want, I could PM you a sample of my RP work; I know how it is to step into a roleplay and not know what your getting. >.<

I am curiously at what point the RP starts? Also, are you going to simply establish a posting order?

[EDIT: lol, didn't realize that this was almost a month ago. Is anyone still looking at this?]

#72922 Bizzare dreams

Posted by Nix Entente on 04 August 2009 - 04:44 AM in Dream Discussion

I've been having some weird ones lately let-me-tell-you and the worst part is, I've been going to bed at a decent hour. I had one last night about cleaning hair out of my bathtub but it was like...really thick monkey hair and it was GROOOOOOOSS and the night before that I had a dream about being attacked by a 3 headed lady who kept telling me that my parents hated me. It's weird because there's been no eating before bed or anything that usually causes nightmares so I wonder whats going on. Anyone else been having any weird ones lately?

I'm kind of just giving you a spiel based on...well, a blend of all the crap I've read, so take or leave whatever you like. : )

IMO: Basically, your mind takes dreamtime to dump everything that it's been thinking about. Sometimes, you can have really specific symbols [for me, stress is symbolized by fire, and safety by seeing certain people, etc.], but a lot of the time, your dreams are just formed by a random hat-draw. Does it mean anything? Maybe. Maybe not. I would sit and think about what you've been feeling lately and how you've felt in your dreams. There might be a connection, or not.

My feeling is that if you've been getting plenty of sleep (which I think you have, since you're having such vivid dreams), your brain is just taking the opportunity to clear-out. : ) I would write the dreams down, if nothing else. They make good story/art fodder!

Slash, I don't know if you were even curious. I'm a loser.

#72921 There should be a female Link.

Posted by Nix Entente on 04 August 2009 - 04:28 AM in Community Corner

They did make a female Link. Her name was Samus Aran. Awesome incarnate, amirite?

But seriously, I love Link, and the idea of making him female really bends my boogie. As a very archetypal hero, I feel like he needs to be male for this game. I'm not saying that "HURR GIRLS CANT BE HEROES HURR," but I don't think the feats performed and the emotions experienced in the N64-Wii games would be the same if Link were a girl. Maybe I just read way too much into that game. : /

#65253 reala's dreamers

Posted by Nix Entente on 08 December 2008 - 08:57 PM in Creative Stuff!

Those of us without mySpace can't see this. Can you upload it to Photobucket or some such nonsense?

#65186 December NiGHTS Art Challenge!

Posted by Nix Entente on 05 December 2008 - 04:54 AM in Creative Stuff!

XD Cute little NiGHTS. I have to beg out today, however. I am beyond tired and really, really angry, so you guys get two tomorrow instead. o.o

[EDIT: Waaah! I'm so behind! Life is crazy! Don't worry, I'm making up every day! XD]

#65159 December NiGHTS Art Challenge!

Posted by Nix Entente on 04 December 2008 - 03:34 AM in Creative Stuff!

LOL how big is the hand in real life? It looks immense! Also, don't worry about catching up if it's stressing you out. This is supposed to be fun!

Posted Image

I'm doing a bunch of the characters in winter clothes, and here's the first--Claris, having a nap!

#65158 Clown Cosplay

Posted by Nix Entente on 04 December 2008 - 03:30 AM in Creative Stuff!

...D: I love Darkwing Duck. I miss it.

This picture is fun and full of lulz.

#65132 December NiGHTS Art Challenge!

Posted by Nix Entente on 03 December 2008 - 05:39 AM in Creative Stuff!

Here's a second days work! : O Also, yes, I will be resizing these someday so that they are not enormous. SOME DAY.

Posted Image

For someone who sees NiGHTS as a guy, I seem to have a tendency to make him particularly bootilicious. I have yet to resolve this conundrum.

#65103 December NiGHTS Art Challenge!

Posted by Nix Entente on 02 December 2008 - 04:08 AM in Creative Stuff!

As promised (although a bit late D:), here are the fo shiz rules for a December NiGHTS Art Challenge!

MAIN GOAL: One NiD-related picture for every day of December!

It's actually pretty simple! Please feel completely free to do the following:

-Make pictures ahead of time. It's good to plan ahead if you know you won't be online for a few days.
-Join in late. Everyone is completely welcome at ANYTIME.
-Draw from either of the games, the book, or the comics.
-Use any medium you want. Pencils, pens, paint program, photoshop, whatever suits you best.
-Submit "unfinished" pieces like sketches and storyboards. The goal is not 31 masterpieces, just 31 new pieces of art.

Please do not do the following:

-Do OCs. AU/Personal interpretations of the in-game/book/comic characters are more than welcome, but please do not submit pictures of your original character as a challenge entry. Just a personal thing. D:

When you are ready to show us your work:
Please post the picture here! Hopefully we can have a nice long thread full of art! Also, if you are posting on a personal wobsite or artsite account, give us the URL! I'm sure we're all excited to see each others' stuff!

Any clarifications need to be made? Ask away and I'll edit this main post to answer your question!

And, I'm going to make the first post, since I'm all ready.

Posted Image

It's not the best thing ever, but I'm pretty pleased. Don't worry, the prettier stuff is coming too! X )

#65074 NiGHTS: Liberation of Dreams

Posted by Nix Entente on 01 December 2008 - 05:01 AM in Creative Stuff!

Where should we contact to express interest in VAing?

#65054 NiGHTS: Ballad Of Dreams Radioplay ---Important note inside

Posted by Nix Entente on 30 November 2008 - 05:15 AM in Creative Stuff!

hushabye_harvey@yahoo.com

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

#65020 NiGHTS: Ballad Of Dreams Radioplay ---Important note inside

Posted by Nix Entente on 28 November 2008 - 02:02 AM in Creative Stuff!

I can understand if there's not, but I was wondering if it's possible to download this or perhaps have the file sent to me? I would love to listen to it, but that's something that's really impossible for me online. I'd love to get it onto my MP3 player or a CD and listen to it without distractions.

#65019 NiGHTS: Liberation of Dreams

Posted by Nix Entente on 28 November 2008 - 01:46 AM in Creative Stuff!

Dude, I would love to do some voice acting, but how does that exactly work, what with the not-being-in-one-place factor? Does everyone just record their lines seperately?

#64879 Art Challenge Proposal

Posted by Nix Entente on 20 November 2008 - 06:35 PM in Creative Stuff!

Whoa! People responded! D: Sorry about the delay with my replying; my computer has been down. >>

Anyway, it would work just like animejosse supposed--you can do anything, as long as it's one NiGHTS piece per day. You can work ahead if you need, and the piece don't have to be finished masterworks. They can just be sketchs if you want! Anything as long as it's NiGHTS related, and so long as we end up with 31 pieces each!

So, it seems like there's for-real interest! Does it seem reasonable for me to put up a new thread come Black Friday? I could post the official rules a few days early, and we could all put our pieces up on that board! Thoughts?

#64793 Art Challenge Proposal

Posted by Nix Entente on 18 November 2008 - 01:37 AM in Creative Stuff!

So, I did this last year, as did Mayura, but I'm considering making December a month for another Winter NiGHTS Art Challenge. Last year I did it in January, but I'm going to be out of country for two weeks in January(Any NiGHTS fans in Dublin? Let me know! We should meet up!). December gives me the most time, plus I can use up a BUNCH of days doing new Christmas outfits for canon characters! (Fffff I'm so excited.)

Now, I would like to be even more excited that I already am. You know what would do that? If a bunch of people...like...FIVE WHOLE PEOPLE or something like that, would do this with me! It gives me a real jazz to look at what other people are doing while I work, and group art projects are uber-fun. However, last year there wasn't a big interest. So, I figured I'd feeeeel everyone out early this year.

What do you all think? If there is interest, I'll (re)post the guidelines here for all to see! If not, I'll work away myself.

#64436 Television Dreams

Posted by Nix Entente on 06 November 2008 - 03:25 AM in Dream Discussion

Oh the nights I've spent as Robin from Batman: the Animated Series! Those are so fun, but I always worry that Batman will realize that I'm just a girl pretending to be Robin. :c

#64435 If you were Reala what would your last plan had been?

Posted by Nix Entente on 06 November 2008 - 03:22 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I would get me a little dreamer. Obviously, the dualize thing works for NiGHTS, so why the hell not for Reala? Then, BY OUR POWERS COMBINED, I would crrrrrrrush NiGHTS!

...for a little while, but goddammit, good seems to win all the time. >:c

#64163 How long can you tread water?

Posted by Nix Entente on 28 October 2008 - 10:53 PM in Dream Discussion

Was the feeling underwater--while breathing of course--one of relaxation? Panic? Peace? Anxiety?

#64115 How long can you tread water?

Posted by Nix Entente on 28 October 2008 - 04:01 AM in Dream Discussion

One of my favorite discussions about the subconscious is the symbology of water. Most of what I've read says that water is two things to the dreamer--sexuality and/or the unknown. Whenever I dream about water--lakes, puddles, rain, oceans, whatever--I try to keep this in mind.

I was just curious: how do other people deal/function in water during their dreams? Sink or swim? (My experiences, personally, are available for the asking.)

#64112 NiGHT'S hair......?

Posted by Nix Entente on 28 October 2008 - 03:44 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

sweet sweet Canadian mullet...

pfffft.

#63945 ElliotxClaris

Posted by Nix Entente on 20 October 2008 - 03:21 AM in Poll Area

You know, going just on the game, I say "WTF no." I mean, if I saw someone who looked like a character from a dream, I'd be like, "LOLCOOL" and leave it at that.

However, I do like the thought that they helped eachother out IRL and shared a spiritual bond. o.o

#63942 NiGHT'S hair......?

Posted by Nix Entente on 20 October 2008 - 01:45 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

NiGHTS doesn't have to have hair if you don't want. If I remember correctly, it was TRiPPY who popularized that image of him with the flowing golden locks. Me myself, I like his hair black and cut no longer than his shoulders. And Reala's hair white, for the record.