Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Makkun's Content

There have been 9 items by Makkun (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#34881 Mah wiimote sucks! D:

Posted by Makkun on 10 January 2008 - 02:51 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Weird. o_o

Do you have launch Wiis? Maybe mine's different because I got mine at launch... but then again the firmware updates should fix that. >> But then again maybe not. @___o

#34304 Mah wiimote sucks! D:

Posted by Makkun on 05 January 2008 - 07:34 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

No Jax, it doesn't work that way.

And yeah, Inno, you can do that, and you don't even need to take out the batteries, and that's faster if you're already in a game, but permanent syncing is best before you start playing because well... it's permanent. >>

Until you re-permasync though. (:

#34207 Mah wiimote sucks! D:

Posted by Makkun on 05 January 2008 - 03:06 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

That's called One-Time syncing, which WILL work. But I prefer to just totally re-sync your controllers.

When you turn on your system, open the little SD card slot, you should see a red "SYNC" button.

Take off the back of the 1P Wii remote so you can see the batteries and a small red button.
Take off the back of the 2P remote as well.

Hold the Wii's red SYNC button for a second, then hold the 1P remote's red sync button for a second.
Wait until the first controller is "1P", then repeat for the 2nd. This will ensure your controller is synced to that Player Slot at all times, unless of course you re-sync it.

The One-Time syncing way might actually be permanent for some reason, but if it's not, use the proper syncing method, as I explained. :U

Hope that helps for future use. :3

#31875 My Dream friendships?

Posted by Makkun on 23 December 2007 - 06:15 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Yeah, definitely. I agree that there are happy mediums, but it should be based on parental controls and stuff... Like, even though NiGHTS is E for Everyone, and probably seen as a children's game, there are still plenty of people who would like to communicate with other players and NiGHTS lovers. :P I think parental controls would be a good way to get around this, since if the controls are set, the kids obviously are safe, but if they aren't, either it's not a kid playing, or the parents could care less. Yeah. >>

Headset support would be amazing. They did it with Pokemon Diamond and Pearl for DS, and I'm sure more children play that than older kids/adults.

#31870 My Dream friendships?

Posted by Makkun on 23 December 2007 - 05:51 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I got NiGHTS yesterday from a gift-exchange from a good friend of mine, which is awesome 'cause I was expecting to get it on Christmas from my grandma. Anyway.

I decided to see if anyone was inviting on Wi-Fi for My Dream and stuff, and I got an invite from (what appeared to be) a Japanese girl.

Basically we played for an hour and had a conversation completely made of those crazy emoticons. That was fun, however, I really felt like I made a friend with this person, yeah I know, weird huh. XD I would have loved to have been able to send a Wii Register Friend request thing after I had left her dream, or even better yet, had text to go with the emoticons so we could actually converse. Basically I ended the game with a [message][?] emote, and then a sad face 'cause there was no way we could have talked afterward. XP

Oh, this is all assuming she had some basic understanding of English. :D

MY POINT:
Do you think Nintendo's child-friendly approach to online gaming with anonymousness and lack of actual communication is beneficial or not? Do you think it's really worth it for there to be no way of talking to your opponent/ally, possibly dampening the experience for more matured persons, as opposed to the small possibility of a child talking to someone who could be a pedophile/whatever other worries there are?

Btw my name is Mark, if that person could possibly be reading this. (: lolololololol Hey, you never know!

#30931 After 11 years

Posted by Makkun on 18 December 2007 - 09:11 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

HAHAHA

On the first page I complained how I couldn't get it today. Well, I still can't.

But when I got home from school today, my grandma called me and asked if there were any last-minute gift ideas for Christmas that I might want, since I hadn't told her much. XP So yeah, my grandparents are gonna get it for me for Christmas, along with Mario Galaxy. X333

I still have to wait, but at least I don't have to spend money on it. (:

#30844 After 11 years

Posted by Makkun on 18 December 2007 - 11:42 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I would, however, it seems that 11 years of waiting isn't enough for my parents. They're making me wait until after Christmas to buy it.

And no, it's not because they got it for me already. They're just dummy faces. ):

But after Christmas, or unless I can convince them otherwise, I'll take a picture. :D

#20633 Shared Dreams

Posted by Makkun on 13 October 2007 - 05:39 AM in Dream Discussion

The same thing happened to me and a close friend of mine, but we were younger. (I was about 8 or 9 and he was 11 or 12)

It was really strange. XD The dream was kinda like a puzzle, and I remember we were talking about it in real life, explaining what parts of the puzzle we figured out. XD Kind of like two people splitting up and searching an area and meeting and telling what they've seen.. however we weren't split up the entire time. XP

Some of our other friends were there, however, they did not share the dream. XD

#20632 NiGHTS on Emulator

Posted by Makkun on 13 October 2007 - 05:12 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Yeah, I'm pretty sure emulation is illegal whether or not you own the game, and I know for sure that the "24 hour" rule is complete nonsense. XD

Anyway, back to the original topic. :D

I probably failed on Gillwig the first time I played against him, because I was like, what, 6 years old? XD