Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

TechMaster's Content

There have been 6 items by TechMaster (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#18571 The Walkers

Posted by TechMaster on 28 September 2007 - 01:49 PM in Creative Stuff!

Man, that sounds like the craziest story I have ever heard, and I can't wait to read it! Looks well-thought out, and very exciting. Can't wait to read! :lol:

Thanks, unfortunately i wont be able to publish much of it on this site due to the chance of it being stolen (I actually want to publish this by the end of my school year). I will however post tidbits and a few images when i can get them done.

Work that will be published is an actual NiGHTS Fan Fic i am currently thinking about, stay tuned for that one. It will take place in the same realm, but with NiGHTS characters and stuff

#18502 Greetings one and All

Posted by TechMaster on 27 September 2007 - 08:23 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hello TechMaster, and welcome to the forums! If you need anything, just PM any of the admins (me and Icachan) or mods (CORNSiLK, Purgatory, and Jof).
Deep Loner was probably referring to the new game ;)
Unfortunately we don't.

Ah...unfortunately i dont have a Wii :(
and its okay about the RP board. And if anyone is interested, check out my story ":The Walkers" in the Creative forum

#18485 Greetings one and All

Posted by TechMaster on 27 September 2007 - 06:47 PM in Introduce Yourself

Welcome. You came at just the right time!

Thanks all =3 means alot to me to get some good hellos....

uh what do you mean "right time?"

Also, i want to know, is there an RP board here?

#18484 The Walkers

Posted by TechMaster on 27 September 2007 - 06:45 PM in Creative Stuff!

Sounds like a pretty well thought out story!

Personally, I always have a problem with fantasy-esque stories because I always find it difficult to understand the "rules" of what is and isn't possible in the framework of magic and special powers and such. So I always find myself asking, Couldn't he have done ___? or, Why can this character do ___ but not ___?

Your skills seem to be quite above the level of hobbyism (I may have just coined a new word here). Have you been published before? Do you think that your story about The Walkers might be published someday?

I know the feeling, it is always hard to know the extent of a characters ability. This is why i asked for help. Humans are humans, there is no arguing there, its the powers of the "NiGHTS" guardians i am concerned with. Each can fly (duh) and preform great aerobatic acts. The weapons though aren't those star trails but energy of light, so its like "Fire blast of light in ball or laser form, or use it as a shield"

As for the story, i said before i took writing at a university level, this is the "fruits of my labour". I never did publish anything, but this is an idea i want to make into either a story or comic.

Tech master comes in at one point as ive been pondering. When Alexi shows the humans where she recived her guardian, a robotic version of NiGHTS attacks them. Damaging it, the creator (a small man) steps out in some disaporval of how badly we beat it up. From there, we learn about the Guardians (humans dont know) and where the Key Gaurd is...so yeah, it all works out

#18446 The Walkers

Posted by TechMaster on 27 September 2007 - 01:42 PM in Creative Stuff!

For those who read my Intro post, i made note of a story i was working on. Well this is were the "Work" part is going to be done.

Like i said, I'm no avid fan, i still have some kinks in my knowledge of NiGHTS, thats why as i write this, feel free to critic my work.
Sketches of characters will be available under certain time constraints, so ill see how much i can get done. I fully DONT consider this a FANFIC because NiGHTS or Reala aren't present, the only reason it is related to NiGHTS is because the characters of Guardians look like them. (NOTE: they do make Cameo's as normal guardians in the story)

Anyway, here is the Plot...taken from the intro post.

The planet know as Perish...a world that is nothing like our own. a Race that is human, yet at the same time isn't. Angels in human skin, people with abilities that we can never seem to understand. One such ability granted to these people was vision into the dream world, having been able to uncover the mysteries of the dream and thought, this race had been focused on making the mind a powerful tool. Unfortunately, it came at a price. The walkers developed a machein that can bring dreams to life, not full dreams, but items or people from them, and it could do the same for Nightmares.

Perish has a strange orbit around its twin suns. 24 hours of sunlight, and 48-72 hours of darkness depending on the seasons. During these longs NiGHTS, the Nightmares would awaken from the minds and dreams of the Walkers, and plauge the land with evil. At first, it was a simple problem to be delt with, but when the Nightmares began to grow in power, and actually start doing damage, things went out of hand. This is where NiGHTS esp looking characters, and the Dreamers come in.

NiGHTS and others are considered "Guardians of the Walkers" (use NiGHTS and Reala to describe what the Guardians look like). They are not created by nature, but created by the dreams of Children who have the gift of Sight, an ancient power that can create magical warriors. These Children were quickly gathered to the cities in the sky for protection and given the task of creating the "guardians" through dreams. It was a complete success and over 50 guardians had been created. For the first few years, these guardians began to push back the Nightmares and as time progress, the Walkers began to reclaim their cities.

Alas, not all went according to plan, one Guardian called An�r began to fuse with the Nightmares he killed, gaining more powers then the others. At first this was ignored, but when he started to rally Nightmares into Death Squads, things took a turn for the worse.

The returning walkers were killed outright, their cities burnt to the ground. Many of the children and their Guardians were slaughter as Aner took them as the priority target (Children have a "link" with their guardians, kill the child, kill the guardian, Aner didn't have a link when he fused with all the nightmares he killed). From the ashes, many survivors fled to the last of the floating cities high in the mountains. It was here a young girl created the "Key Gaurdian" the one that could control all the other Guardians and stop An�r. The Guardian's name was Gyne, and she wielded the Key Staff, the tool to seal Nightmares in the Realm of Darkness.

Unfortunately, Aner found out, and began to attack the city, after the brutal battle, both the child and her Guardian were lost, the Nightmares ruled Perish.

The story is not over...no it has just begun.
Now the real battle begins.

Human colonist of the Space Exploration Force, located Perish. At this time, the planet was barren; ruin cities, massive overgrown forests and large peaks, snowy wastelands, much like Earth. Fortunatly these colonist were not without arms. Like all Planet occupations, the firsts team to go down was armed Troopers and Ironsheild Armored personnel carries inside a Dropship. This is where we meet the main character, Sargent Malcolm. It is he and his men who come across the ruins of the city, and the first Nightmares. Pulse weapons seem very effective against these creatures, bullets not as much. It is these men who begin to learn what happened with this planet, soon enough, they drop a full military force down there to see what they can do, but suffer to Aner and his Warriors.

Malcolm soon comes across a ruin city and thats where they find Alexi, the child (now teenager) who created Gyne, but lost her when the city crashed into the feild. She tells the men everything, and they to their superiors. The mission becomes the job of finding this "Key Gauridan" Stopping Aner and brining peace back to Perish...i wont say what happens, but the rest of the story is the fight against Aner and the finding of the Key Gaurdian.

Well?

what you think?

TechMaster isn't in this story, he is in a NiGHTS FanFic that i will post after this one.

All details on characters and equipment will be posted soon

#18441 Greetings one and All

Posted by TechMaster on 27 September 2007 - 12:28 PM in Introduce Yourself

Well...this is a question, how does one say "hello"?
I guess the answer is to take it from the top.

Greetings one and all, its a pleasure to be here among the ranks of NiGHTS fans. I'm shouldn't consider myself a dire fan of the franchise for i have only recently come to enjoy it.

What i CAN consider myself, is as a writer. I currently am taking courses on writing prose and fiction. i really was impressed with the story line of the NiGHTS game, i did play the game once, way back when on my friends Sega Saturn when NiGHTS had recently came out. It was a very cool game for its time and i really enjoyed it. Now...sometime later, i have came back to enjoying the game once again.

As i noted before, i am a writer, and fantasy and sci-fi are the two genera i work with the best. For sometime i have been planning a Nighs story... no not a fan fic, but a true to deal story using NiGHTS, Reala, and some personal characters in a setting of great mystery and terror. TechMaster is the name of one of the Villains of the story, but as to what he did i will not say. All i can bear to tell is that the idea and setting are like this:

NiGHTS and others are considered "Guardians of the Walkers". The walkers live on a planet that is nothing like our own, a technologically advanced race that has been able to uncover the mysteries of the dream, of thought and of the mind. Using this knowledge they created machines to fabricate the very dreams they make, creating fascinating things and harnessing the power of thought to achieve the impossible. Alas, its not only dreams that are effected by this...but Nightmares too...Reala becomes one such nightmare.

I wont say anymore, i fear i may have said to much already ^_^
Just keep in touch and you might get to know more about this little fiction soon enough

Peace all