Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

cardmonster's Content

There have been 7 items by cardmonster (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99987 Contacting Sega about the control problems

Posted by cardmonster on 12 October 2012 - 12:24 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I received the following after inquiring about the likelihood of the issue being fixed:

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Europe.

We are sorry but we can not give explicit information at the moment, The developer are aware of the issues, and
working to find a solution.

Best regards,

Product Support
SEGA Europe Ltd.
www.sega.co.uk

I have to say, that does sound more promising! :)

Edit: Apologies for the double post!

#99985 Contacting Sega about the control problems

Posted by cardmonster on 12 October 2012 - 07:41 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

That's a bizarre, hypothetical notion. The game should control as well as its 16 year-old predecessor and offer true analogue control. The rest is conjecture.

#99980 Contacting Sega about the control problems

Posted by cardmonster on 12 October 2012 - 06:50 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

^ Absolutely. *Everyone* who's bothered by this issue should contact Sega and help strengthen the case for a patch.

#99958 Contacting Sega about the control problems

Posted by cardmonster on 11 October 2012 - 10:03 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I received the exact same reply. To be fair, I completely agree and hope that more fans voice their concerns to see that this is rectified. I'm just not holding my breath!

#99955 Contacting Sega about the control problems

Posted by cardmonster on 11 October 2012 - 07:07 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Agreed, but I do hope those weights are removed and that we aren't shackled with them forever!

#99953 Contacting Sega about the control problems

Posted by cardmonster on 11 October 2012 - 06:13 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I received a stock response to my complaint. It's obvious that Sega aren't going to fix it and I think it's sad that even the fanbase are fairly tolerant of this mistake. A missed opportunity and a shame.

#99920 Contacting Sega about the control problems

Posted by cardmonster on 10 October 2012 - 08:23 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I don't wish to seem ungrateful, but I think the more support tickets Sega receive through official channels, the better. Sonic Team's original vision for NiGHTS is being compromised by a somewhat ham-fisted implementation of its 16 year-old predecessor's revolutionary control scheme.

NiGHTS, for all of its wonderful visual and audio qualities, remains a hardcore gamer's game - about precision, repetition, high scores and fluidity of movement. If NiGHTS as a franchise is to survive, it needs to retain these qualities, rather than pander to a disengaged audience for short-term financial gain.

To pretend this is a perfect port is to deny those unfamiliar with the game the experience I had 16 years ago, when NiGHTS quite literally blew my mind with its fluid and seemingly limitless analogue controls.

That said, keep it short (ha!) but do let Sega know if you aren't happy, rather than sit on the fence considering the politics; nothing will change if you don't speak up.

All just my opinion of course, and I respect all others!