Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Nightingale's Content

There have been 44 items by Nightingale (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#67020 Unable to dream?

Posted by Nightingale on 29 January 2009 - 05:25 PM in Dream Discussion

Definitely write down whatever you remember, no matter how random. Sometimes writing things down will spark more memories of what happened after/before. (i.e. This morning all I could remember was a restaurant. I wrote that down and remembered that my brother was there, and that reminded me of going into the freezer, and etc.)

Also, AVOID LIGHT. Especially sunlight. For some reason I've yet to figure out it seems to whitewash your brain and make it a lot harder to remember dreams.

#66207 Have you become afraid of something as the result of a nightmare?

Posted by Nightingale on 08 January 2009 - 05:03 PM in Dream Discussion

I guess this counts.
There was this book of scary stories in my 6th grade class. Simple enough right? So I read it. Some of the stories were genuinely scary or creepy. I was fine, but I had a nightmare about several of the stories within the book. I couldn't stand sitting near the bookshelf in class. I would freak out if I even saw the cover. A few days later, my mom e-mailed my teacher and he removed it from the class.
I think the book also brought on my fear of the dark.
(It sounds so cheesy to be afraid of a book or gaining a fear of the dark in 6th grade.)

Sorry to "thread necro" this, but was the book you read from this series? If so, then the exact same thing happened to me! I think I read the third one, and at the time it was okay, but I had such a hard time getting to sleep that night, and the next morning I couldn't even touch the book. I had to throw it out into the hall with my feet and bury it under something. Brrr. Fears for years.

As for dreams though, I think the opposite thing happened to me. When I was little I used to be scared of spiders, and every night when I went to sleep, the second I closed my eyes I'd be in this PIT full of them. Eventually I told my mom about it, and she told me to imagine, when I saw the spiders, that a bird would swoop down and eat them all up. And it worked wonderfully. ^_^ No more fear of spiders.

#61039 You Laugh, You Lose

Posted by Nightingale on 22 August 2008 - 02:57 PM in Community Corner

Oh man, Super Sayajin Phelps got me good. XD

Posted Image

#60529 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Nightingale on 17 August 2008 - 12:51 AM in Artwork

Current plan is print enough for Auchinawa and sell them off.

oh, I you kill me now, now me heart is broken ;_;

/wrists

Kidding. I can totally understand not wanting to get buried in stuff. *nodnod*

Although... if you end up not selling them all at Auchi (perish the thought) could you save one for me as well?

#59923 Trauma Center

Posted by Nightingale on 09 August 2008 - 09:37 PM in Community Corner

I have UtK and the Wii remake... haven't beaten either. Triti is too difficult for me to handle in the later missions, and I never got used to the Wii controls (and I may have barbequed a few patients with the defibrillator *cough*).

#59359 You are a Transformer

Posted by Nightingale on 04 August 2008 - 02:09 AM in Community Corner

When you said Soundwave I for some reason thought of Ravage instead. *coughTransformersnewbcoughhack* Anyway. Like YamiLover, I'd probably be stuck somewhere between two vehicles:

Want:
Posted Image

But Beast Wars influence leads to:
Posted Image

#59054 You Laugh, You Lose

Posted by Nightingale on 01 August 2008 - 03:59 AM in Community Corner

Posted Image

Lawl, CounterStrike. Stalker roof made me lose (again).

Posted Image

#58467 You Laugh, You Lose

Posted by Nightingale on 25 July 2008 - 05:12 AM in Community Corner

Posted Image

#58362 You Laugh, You Lose

Posted by Nightingale on 24 July 2008 - 01:42 AM in Community Corner

Aww Elbot, you made me lose. XD Here is your prize.

Posted Image

#57194 "Pit of Creepy" Topic

Posted by Nightingale on 12 July 2008 - 02:05 PM in Community Corner

Speaking of Gordon Freeman, remember the Half-Life 2 headcrab zombies? They make pretty bad sounds when you catch them on fire, but if you play their yells backwards... it sounds something like this. *shudder*

:lol: The Mysterious Stranger. I love being scared by that one.

#56591 "Pit of Creepy" Topic

Posted by Nightingale on 08 July 2008 - 08:26 PM in Community Corner

And so once again our favorite lesson is learned: NEVER TRUST A GIF.

#56198 Neat Internet Toys

Posted by Nightingale on 05 July 2008 - 07:19 AM in Community Corner

http://chir.ag/stuff/sand/ -- Falling Sand Game

#56126 "Pit of Creepy" Topic

Posted by Nightingale on 04 July 2008 - 04:29 PM in Community Corner

I have a 12-year-old friend who recently showed me this: http://tensesituation.ytmnd.com D: And then there's always "Slide" by the Dresden Dolls. I can't decide if that one is scary or awesome. Bitey's Castle can be scary as well, especially the two Halloween specials: Taken and 3:33am. I'd link to the 99 rooms as well but the site appears to be down.

... *watches yt links without headphones*

#55927 And The Winners Are...

Posted by Nightingale on 03 July 2008 - 03:04 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

"Three's a magic number you know." "Is it really, Digi?" XD That was great. Didn't expect my actual name to show up, instead of my screen name, but oh well! Congrats to the winners!

#55767 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Nightingale on 02 July 2008 - 05:09 PM in Artwork

A... wiki you say? :P Then I haven't been archiving all this stuff for nothing! *obsession face*

(Hear that Wolf? The Gencyclopedia is gonna become a reality!)

#54858 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Nightingale on 21 June 2008 - 10:49 PM in Artwork

*is also hated by MySpace* Oh well. I'll wait until the site is open then.

And hello Mr... *squnts* Oh, hullo. Maybe not. I'm loving the shoulderspikes though. :3

#54454 Spore!

Posted by Nightingale on 16 June 2008 - 12:29 AM in Community Corner

XD I love it, Arc. Is it really coming out on the 17th? I heard 22nd. AUGH THAT'S SOONER. :lol: My brothers were saying it was a hoax for years just to cheese me off, but now that it has an actual release date I'm really excited.

#54319 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Nightingale on 13 June 2008 - 10:00 PM in Artwork

*snort* Sudden thought: get Imagi to do it. :) Actually, that'd look pretty awesome. ... *will save to resist shooping a Gemon*

*natural 1* Curses. Off I go then. ;D

EDIT: Tell me if you want this taken down.

Posted Image

#53971 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Nightingale on 11 June 2008 - 03:15 PM in Artwork

*late to the party* I forgot to squee over Kano and his friend. Oops. (B.A.'s hat is cool.)

Apple! I want to lick it. O_O And Digi you remind me of Wolverine for some reason.

#52243 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Nightingale on 26 May 2008 - 11:37 PM in Artwork

You and me both, Jof. I may be a bit squeamish about spending money online but nothing will stop me from getting artbooks. Not even death itself. O_O

Also, I spy a panty shot. *koff* I like the gun, actually; every time I try to draw a gun it ends up looking like a hair dryer. Good hatching, too. :lol:

#51934 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Nightingale on 23 May 2008 - 09:05 PM in Artwork

No, but we do have a 30-something man who cosplays Sailor Jupiter every single year. (And he doesn't shave his legs. *shudder*) And actually, I didn't realize a lot of what Wolf said about the international market and stuff, so that was interesting. Thanks. </offtopic>

#51773 Should the old bosses have been kept?

Posted by Nightingale on 22 May 2008 - 05:06 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

It's my opinion (and I know I'm probably alone in this) that the old bosses WERE kept. The reason NiGHTS, Reala, and Wizeman looked by-and-large the same from dreamer to dreamer was because they had a certain amount of presence and identity within themselves, so they chose a form they liked and, for the most part, individual dreamer differences didn't change their perception/appearance a lot. (I also KNOW that Reala doesn't have "bat tights," they're scars. How'd you defeat him in the first game again? Right, like that wouldn't leave a mark.) The other lower-level bosses were less focused on themselves and more focused on results (if you will), or they were just less intelligent. Either way this means that their appearance changed more significantly based on the dreamer's subconscious. So that means that Donbalon IS Puffy, Girania IS Gulpo, Bomamba IS Clawz, and Chamelan IS Jackle. Mind, this theory doesn't really explain why Queen Bella and Cerberus look practically nothing like Gillwing (and which one is Gillwing and who is entirely new), except that maybe their their forms were even MORE mutable/based on dreamer's fears. That's a bit of a stretch though.

Um. My favorite boss is Reala in both cases (although I... er, never actually got to Stick Canyon in the old game *cough*). As far as "DARN YOU DIE ALREADY BEFORE I CRY" difficulty, Clawz and Queen Bella.

#50958 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Nightingale on 15 May 2008 - 04:53 AM in Artwork

I think Trippy said after she uploaded Priya that there would be 6 more dreamers and 2 more "people..." and we haven't seen Black*, Red, Aqua, or Violet yet. I think. o.o *swears she's not obsessive*

* (I know "black" isn't technically in the spectrum anymore since the Numerati came along, but it's there for the sake of argument.)

#50850 Did you forget about the personas on your first game?

Posted by Nightingale on 14 May 2008 - 02:53 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

*guilty* NiGHTS automatically putting on the Dolphin mask didn't help me remember either; I assumed ALL the masks were automatic. D:

#50553 DeviantArt Accounts

Posted by Nightingale on 11 May 2008 - 05:00 AM in Artwork

http://nightingalerb.deviantart.com/

Beware, I'm on a huge Ninja Turtles kick right now. :P