Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Xay's Content

There have been 32 items by Xay (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#66038 Journey of Dreams hacking stuff

Posted by Xay on 05 January 2009 - 09:08 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I've always found that with Sega games. There's always juicy bits left out of the final product. Granted sometimes they're not always as interesting as, say, the Sonic 2 Beta/Alpha, but regardless, it's still very neat finds. This isn't any exception.

And my guess about the cut scenes? Well, i like to think it might have something to do with "dumbing down" the whole thing. Sega has been paying a lot of attention to their new major fanbase, and surely they must realise that a lot of their fanbase really can't take much more then small burts of info at a time (explaining why all the bloody training missions are seperate missions then stuck together in one bloody level...), and that, generally speaking, a slow, easy, and uninformative script is really all they can process in thier heads. I hate to be a stereotypical Sega-Basher here, but just take a look at Sonic in recent years- Dumbed down to the point that it's borderline retarded.
Either that, or i'm just cynical, and it was due to time constraints. Who can say?

In either case, i think it can be said all of these finds prove NiGHTS JoD could've been much better then it turned out to be, but once again, It just wasn't to be. Interesting finds regardless.

#65334 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Xay on 13 December 2008 - 01:23 AM in Community Corner

Tomorow Comes Today by Gorillaz
and
No Good (Start the Dance) by The Prodigy.

In a moment of 'Just-This-Second-Realisation', i just realised No Good would make a good song for some NiGHTS boss music. .___.;

#59705 Non-violent Jackle Glitch

Posted by Xay on 07 August 2008 - 01:55 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Hmmm, that is peculiar... But, having little to no Programing Knowlage, i wouldn't know was causing it. However, i do know a little Programing Jargon, and Moonlighttrill's theory makes a fair bit of sense.

Now i just need to get my hands on a copy of the game and see if i can get this Glitch to happen myself. And possibly any other hidden glitches or fuckups lying around in the Programming. =P

#56221 And The Winners Are...

Posted by Xay on 05 July 2008 - 04:36 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

SHADOWS DEAD!!! XD Absolute Genius, brilliant as al- Wait a minute...

"Scenic Chavland"?

DiGi, I WANT MY PHRASE BACK AND I WANT IT NOW. D8<

Seriously, though, Hilarious Video =P

And congratulations to the Winners, you lucky... 'Somethings'.

#49101 What been rottin in your player?

Posted by Xay on 27 April 2008 - 09:21 AM in Community Corner

At the moment im completly Assulting ym Eardrums with mostly Videogame Music. To name a few games-
A Few tracks from the first 3 Rockman.EXE Games (Old-School GBA Synth Music. Nice...)

NiGHTS Into Dreams... (But of course!)

Sonic CD (U.S. and JAP Versions. Both soundtracks have their Stinkers and their Shiners.)

Music from the first 2 Street Fighter EX Games (Im sorry, the games might have been bad, but the Music is some of the best in the SF Series hands down. ESPECIALY EX2 and EX2+)

The Main Theme from the first Space Harrier (Right up there with the Ledgandary 'Opa Opa!' from Fantasy Zone and 'Magical Sound Shower' from Outrun. Good times, goooood times.)

And on a incredibly random note, and 8-Bit Chiptune ReMix of... Never gonna give you Up by Rick Astley. Yes, im Rickrolling myself every damn day- Watch me care! XD

#49100 Musical Creation

Posted by Xay on 27 April 2008 - 09:14 AM in Community Corner

I've recently started playing around with MTV Music Generator on PS2.

So me and spinningcannon are NOT The only one who use's that on this site. Now i don't feel like a Minority! XD

But yes, that is an incredibly easy-to-use and Brilliant muisic Generator. Even some Professional DJ's still use it, despite it being 8yr's old. Just one thing, because im guessing your American- Be careful, because this title was named Music 2000 in the EU and Australia, so be careful witch copy you want to get ahold of. Also there is a way to get stuff off of the game and into the PC Without using Acoustic Recording, witch is a bonus.
And i think there MIGHT Be a PC Version of it as well, witch is a tad more complicated, but it's basicly the same thing at the core. I know they made a Music 2000 PC Version (because i own it, alongside the PSOne version), but i never found out if Codemasters and Jester Interactive ever bothered with MTV Music Generator.

Other then that, i can only recommend Fruityloops or Reason. Reason requires a Keyboard, though (not to mention it cost's £300, so it's obviously even more in Dollers. I got my copy for free, luckily), and both program's are very complicated. Even I haven't figured them out yet ^^;

#45891 Jpop anyone?

Posted by Xay on 03 April 2008 - 03:53 PM in Community Corner

JPop? Eeeeeeh... Not really my Thing. I'm fore for JTrance and JRave. But i don't mind SOME JPop, so long as it isn't TOO Bubbly and Happy. (Puffy Ami Yumi Crud is an example off the kind of stuff i can't stand... And unfortunetly the only exapme i can think of because im not very JPop-Smart ^^; )

I don't mind Orange Range though. Although, i've only really heard one of their songs- The Opening they did for 'Bleach'. If anyone can refer me to anything else done by Orange Range, it'd be helpful ^^;

#45887 HAPPY MUSIC

Posted by Xay on 03 April 2008 - 03:34 PM in Community Corner

I have a few more, and, thankfully, They're all Non-Soul-Blade related. I PROMISE XD

NIGHT IN CHICAGO by N.G.O
I find this really rather Relaxing, as well as Happy, in a way. It's definetly Calming, that's for sure. Far more calming then the Original song's it's based off of, thats for sure! XD

Born Slippy by Underworld~
Well... The Start count's, right? RIGHT?! XD I wasn't sure weather or not to reccomend this one, but this is probebly one of the most imprtant song's to me, because it pretty much Sealed my love for music of this Style back when i was about... Ooooh, 6, i reckon, witch is when i first heard this. Shocking, i know, but i get the love of music like this from my Dad XD It never fails to make me smile, but i guess it depends on your Tastes, so take this one as a So-So.

Two Can Play at That Game by Bobby Brown~ http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
I really am unable to stop myself from Refering Bobby Brown, aren't i? What can i say, he might have become a Douchebag and Married the woman whom provided the most Annoying song in the world (The Bodyguard, but Whitney Hueston. Talented as she is, i can't stand that particuler Song XP) but Bobby Brown was a Damn Good musician, and this track is no exception.

Winter by the Dt8 Project~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKNVH9TORT0
Im not sure why, but this always sounded a tad like something you might hear in an Up-To-Date Sonic game. As a -Shock Horror- Ice Level BMG. Eh, probebly just me. Whatever the case, i blame some of my own Drawing Sessions on this very Track, and you'd be suprised how really Inspiring it can acctualy Be.

Sweet Child of Mine by The Lazy Boyz~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py71ADRNOwg
A Remix of a Guns and Roses, i belive, but i personaly prefere it, because of my taste in Music. This acctualy sounds a little bit like JTrace or JRave then what we're used to over here, and is practicly Sugar-Happy.

That's all i got for now! =P

#45884 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Xay on 03 April 2008 - 03:07 PM in Community Corner

Heihachi Mishima (TEKKEN 3 ARCADE SOUNDTRACK)~ Nobuyoshi Sano, Keiichi Okabe

Night in Chicago (SPECIAL TEKKEN 1 REMIX)~ N.G.O.

Into the Battlefield~ Takayuki Negishi

#45590 Rumor: NiGHTS 3

Posted by Xay on 01 April 2008 - 01:57 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'm probebly the only person on the forums at the moment with this to say- I couldn't give a damn weather it came out on the Wii, The XBox360, Or the PS3.
Because i DON'T HAVE ANY OF THOSE CONSOLES ANYWAY. XD

But seriously, if this is genuine and Sega ARE Turning NiGHTS itno a sodding Cash-Cow, then it isn't entirely they're fault. Im sure by now most people would know that pretty much after Hero's most Sonic games sucked- If your going to blame anyone, then blame Sammy for buying Sega. I think it was not long after Sonic Heros came out that Sammy bought Sega, and pretty much now has control ove rwhat get's pumped out of Sega. Or, at least, in the Sonic Team department. And I know Sammy particuly well- They turn most thing's they can get their grubby little hands on. In fact about the only Positive thing i can think of comming from the company was a little arcade shooter named Zombie Raid- That's about it.

For now, considering it IS april fools day, im going to remain skeptical. If this does indeed turn out to be real... Honestly, im not sure weather to feel it's a good thing, or a bad thing. Some series' DO Benefit from more games (At one time, Sonic DID count, but now it's just gotten silly.)but im going to take a gamble and say NiGHTS Probebly Isn't one of those Series that would fare well with more titles. I could be very, very wrong, though... I'll just have to use my famous Backup Phrase- We'll just have to wait and see.

#45560 Xay's Comeback

Posted by Xay on 01 April 2008 - 02:34 AM in Community Corner

Apparnelty, right now.

Confused? Read this and learn all, young padawan:

http://jamesprower.d...78143/#comments

Rest assured, i WILL be doing morE NiGHTS Music now that i have the PC Version of M2K. When, i can't promise, but i WILL Be doing some. That much i can promise.

#44532 HAPPY MUSIC

Posted by Xay on 22 March 2008 - 10:44 PM in Community Corner

Happy music, eh? Heres a few personal favorites of mine!

The Edge of Soul- Soul Edge/Blade, Khan Super Session

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lIvZSpe8gE

Absolutely AMAZING Song, this one. Im sorry, but SCREW The openings of the Soul Calibur games- Soul Edge is where it's at, Baby!
Seriously, though, this is a really Heroic-Yet-Happy tune, And an awesome combo between Traditional Japanese styled music and Light-Key Rock... It reminds me a lot of something you might hear as an Anime opening, in a way. It's also very inspiring- It's helped me with a lot of doodling recently myself! The longer version, unfortunetly, i've not been able to find on youtube, so the In-Game version will have to do. Eh, at least it has Mr. Awesome himeslf, Captain Cervantes at the end!

We're Back!, Bobby Brown
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhXhy_pcg8I

80's FTW!!! A Little-Known track that plays in the credits of Ghostbusters 2, and i personaly feel is exceptionaly awesome, just because it's an Almost-Comedic Song! Note down the fact it's also excedingly very catchy.

A Mediterranean Call, Khan Super Session
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmOGWGNoIQs

The ultimate in all Calm-But-Happy Music, if you ask me. If anything, i think this track would fit NiGHTS Very well. Always have. This is one of those songs you could lull youtself to sleep with, yet at the same time it's just as Inspiring as The Edge of Soul. Or at least, i think so.

Thats all i got for now, im afraid.

#44059 What NiGHTS characters would NEVER SAY!

Posted by Xay on 17 March 2008 - 07:42 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Reala: Alright, 'Girlie', Hand over the Ideya!
NiGHTS: What are you talking about?!
Reala: Don't play Dumb! Not after you stole the Ideya right out of our Hands!
Jackle: Hey wait a minute, Girl's don't like guy's who rush them, Reala.
Reala: Rush?! Hmph, im the Fastest thing in the Universe, and tonight im going to prove it!

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity reference... Fun fun fun :D

Wizeman: So NiGHTS, Are you ready for your... 'Suprise'?
NiGHTS: A-and what might that be?
Wizeman: *Pulls out a tray full of crispy Bacon* MAH BACANZ!!!!! THEY BE ROASTY TOASTY GUD!!!!!!!
NiGHTS: Uh.... O_o;;

Yeeeeeeeah... I just sorta went with the flow of that one...

#43942 Xay's Comeback

Posted by Xay on 15 March 2008 - 07:35 PM in Community Corner

Well, seince your back, could you pop into the RP and save it from crashing and burning?

I could try. I stopped commenting originaly because it seemed dead in the water before my dissapearence temporerily ^^;

It's great fun working with you too, hon. Glad to help!
I wish I had a way to work on Music 2000 at school-- I'd get a lot more done! ^^; Busy busy busy at home.

By the way-- where'd you get the new icon from? Just curious.

Heh, i just got lucky and happened to have a GCSE Option i didn't really need, ultimately- Textiles. I have been taken of the Textiles timtable, and all periods i WOULD have had Textiles, i instead spend time up in the Practice Rooms up in our Music Department composing work for mostly school matters.

And the DP Is, as you should see, a Cute little drawing of Caim and Jun-Mei, drawn by an old mate of mine, Immortal Fool. I've got a link to her DA, And the original Image here:

http://immortal-fool...rt.com/gallery/

http://immortal-fool...-Trade-62271068

#43595 Xay's Comeback

Posted by Xay on 10 March 2008 - 11:07 PM in Community Corner

Yes, it's been absolutely AGES Now since i've been here, heh, but eh, in that time i've been doing a LOT Of composing. Im currently working on my part of the Otherside: Gate to Imagination Soundtrack (Alongside Spinningcannon), The Kobi- Enter the Dark soundtrack (goin' it alone this time...) and the Sonic Riders 3 Soundtrack (Once more, alongside spinnincannon... It's great fun working with her!) All 3 projects are projects of my own, But alongside them im also doing music for my Music Course at school, so those tracks might pop up every now and then.
So yes, here's a Link to my Youtube Videos- Currently nothing BUT Music for various projects of mine. It'd be nice if you could leave a little comment, tell me with song you liked the most and whatnot =P

If this works in my favour and i gather enough interest, i will definetly consider doing NiGHTS ReMixes in the future, you can bet on that! Also, soon the quality problem will be over- if things work in my favour, that is.

Bah, enough blabbering, just enjoy!

http://www.youtube.c...ser=jamesprower

#40379 Parade of the Dark Carnival OOC thread

Posted by Xay on 05 February 2008 - 10:51 PM in Planning and Advertising

Just noticed the edit's right now. Sorry about that...

#40346 Parade of the Dark Carnival

Posted by Xay on 05 February 2008 - 05:05 PM in Dream

"I hate to burst you're Bubble, Nyclone..." CROSS Said, "But 'Big Top' is just another word for a Huge Circus Tent*. Although i like your thinking..."

"Once again, as scary as it is," BiJOU Said, sadly, "She is unfortunetly quite right... MARiK Would never make it so easy..."

#40257 Parade of the Dark Carnival

Posted by Xay on 04 February 2008 - 11:17 PM in Dream

"It depends... Do you think it's a Smart move to zap a Lady... That could easily tear you limb from limb and dance around in your carca-"

BiJOU Slapped her hand over CROSS' Mouth before she got a chance to finish.

"Heeh, Sorry about her, Nyclone" BiJOU Said, an Embarressed Blush comming over her Pale-White cheeks "She sometimes forgets it's sometimes best to keep her mouth shut."
As BiJOU Said this, her grip on CROSS' Lip's was tightening.

"Anyway, let's get back to the matter at hand".

#40090 Parade of the Dark Carnival

Posted by Xay on 03 February 2008 - 11:36 PM in Dream

BiJOU and CROSS Stumbled out of the Ghost-Train. CROSS Looked full of Joy, BiJOU, on the Other hand, looks Scared half to death.
"Oh come on, BiJ, It wasn't THAT Bad!" CROSS Said.
"Wasn't tha... WASN'T THAT BAD?!? CROSS, You Nutter, we where nearly SPLIT IN 2 TWO by a giant Axe and torn appart by a VERY Realistic FRANKENSTINE!!" BiJOU Screamed.
"Peh, your no fun..." CROSS mused. "Hey... Where'd the other 2 chumps get off too?"
"Hmmm... Im not sure... Oh, i can see TORiAS Over by the 'Test your Strength' attraction!" BiJOU Said, drifting over towards it
"... Feh, she so badly has a crush on him..." CROSS Groaned, following her.

#39064 Xay's Fantastic (coughnotcough) Music

Posted by Xay on 30 January 2008 - 04:06 AM in Community Corner

This time, im going to share a couple of song's with you. 3 Are from a game im working on- One is a ReMix of the Theme from the NES Back To The Future game.

Back to the Groove- Back to the Future ReMix: http://www.zshare.net/audio/70033782724448/

I really only focused on ReMixing the first par tof the melody, becuase i had trouble with the Middle Bit's of it. And i had to improvise the drums completely, because the original Lacked any form of them. But this came out all good in the end, and im Proud of it!

Nature Dies: http://www.zshare.net/audio/70033983e9f8e7/
This is the first of the 2 game Tracks. This one im planning on using for a level witch is just one huge, Dying forest (Hence the name). It was mostly experimenting with Ambiet Sound-Effects and a DnB Beat, if anything, as most of the Riff's are Edited Libery Riff's.

Gemstone Orchestra: http://www.zshare.net/audio/7003428dfffae8/
The Second of the 2 game Tracks. This one im going to use in a Level that is one huge, Undergroud, Giant castle made of nothing but Pure Diamond and various other Jewels. Uses a very simple Melody- Basic Organs. Still, it's a Melody that can get stuck in your head!

Heartless Hatred: http://www.zshare.net/audio/7003645da86f31/
The Third, and Final, Game Track. (for now)
Heartless Hatred is the battle theme used by the main Antagonist of the game (The King of Hatred, hence the name) So i tried my best to make it as, ehem, "Final Boss-ish" as i could. (He isn't the VERY last boss, but regardless he's the last one that's Obvious...) This song shares a lot in common, and is inspired by the final-fight song from Sonic Rush, "Wrapped In Black". It even has a Rappidly Incressing Tempo section midway through.

Listen and Enjoy!

#38167 Parade of the Dark Carnival

Posted by Xay on 27 January 2008 - 04:34 AM in Dream

BiJOU Aproched TORiAS. "He might not seem all that Smart, but he's a lot more dangerous then he is letting on. Knowing him he probebly built this entire carnival all by hand..."
"It'd certainly explain the Drab Decour and overall 'Gothic' Vibe im getting..." CROSS Spoke, reverting to normal. "Seriously though, that was just MARiK's idea of saying 'HIDA HEY!' to everyone... We have a lot worse to come yet."
BiJOU Stared Blankly at CROSS.
"... What?" CROSS Said, a little uncomfertable.
"Im not sure what's more frightning- The fact that for once you might just be right, or the fact you acctualy said the word's 'Seriously', and 'though' in the same scentance." BiJOU Said. "That aside, your Friend and iGNiZ could be in Terrible Trouble if we're not fast enough to reach that Big-Top over there" BiJOU Said, pointing towards the Towering Canvas Tent, that seemed to watch over the entire carnival like some sort of king.
"In that case, we'd better start riding some rides and finding clues!" CROSS Said "Before you give me any of the usual stares, BiJ, Listen to me for a moment... The Whole point of Ol' MARiK Building this Low-Class Entertainment Establishment is for us to ride the Oh-So Obviously 'Dangerous' Rides, no? Might as well Humour him in that respect. Plus, you never know, some of the dissapearing Nightmaren and Nightopians MIGHT be stuck on those rides."
"Oh Dear..." BiJOU Said, clearly worried. "Not only are you acctualy right, but you acctualy managed to string together a Scentance. Completely."
"Pah, enough of this.... Im going to ride the Ghost Train!!" CROSS Yelled, making a Mad-Dash for what looked like a towering Victoria Mansion on a Hill.
"Yep, theres the usual CROSS, All back to normal..." BiJOU Sighed, dragging her feet along the floor and following CROSS. "Comming, you two?" she said, turning around and smiling sweetly* to TORiAS and Nyclone, waiting for a reply.

#38142 Parade of the Dark Carnival

Posted by Xay on 27 January 2008 - 03:59 AM in Dream

BiJOU had Jumped out of the way of several Slashing Marrionettes, and succsessfully landed on-top of an Ice-Cream stand. She began doing what at first would look like simple dancing, but as she began to move towards the Marrionettes below her, she was followed by several Red and Purple colored Afterimages, as she began smashing into the Puppets and Breaking them into peices.
"Feh, show off..." CROSS Said, backing away from 3 advancing Puppets.
"Oh, like you can do any better, eh?" BiJOU said, smirking.
"Gladly..." CROSS Growled. Her already Unnaturally sharp teeth extended into fang's, and her fingers began changing into very sharp, hooked talons. She lundged herself the advaning Puppets, quite literally tearing them to shreads.

#38129 Parade of the Dark Carnival

Posted by Xay on 27 January 2008 - 03:39 AM in Dream

The Shadow's CROSS Had Pointed out from earlier* had come sprung out and shown their true forms. They appeared to be Animated Puppets with Clown Face-Paint and Attire... The only Odd thing being the various wepons they had for hands, ranging from Variants of Blades and Swords to Cannon's and Tommy Guns.
BiJOU Couldn't stop shaking. CROSS Just simply smiled.
"Wow, MARiK Tried something MARGINLY Original for once!"
"IS THERE NEVER ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT FOR YOU!?" BiJOU Screamed, half in terror, half in anger.
"Hmmm... Not really." She said, shrugging. "Now, i think we should be concentraiting on the problem at hand" CROSS Said sofly, pointing to the Puppets.

*finished editing post above.

#38125 Parade of the Dark Carnival

Posted by Xay on 27 January 2008 - 03:33 AM in Dream

"Pfft, Can't ya take a joke?" CROSS Said, groaning.
"CROSS!" BiJOU Said Harshly. "COMPLETELY not the right time, here... Anyway, shouldn't we be worrying about that voice and what it said?!"
"Naw, not really... We knwo what's going to happen anyway." CROSS Said.
"What, exactly, Oh Wise oracle of Insanity, might be about to happen?!" BiJOU Shrieked, almost loosing it with CROSS' Attitude.
CROSS Poitning to a bunch of shifting shadows behind one of the Food Stands. "That."

#38118 Parade of the Dark Carnival

Posted by Xay on 27 January 2008 - 03:23 AM in Dream

"Oooh, that buffon?" CROSS Said, "Oh, i already took care of him." She grinned madly "Clown's are so fun to beat senseless..."
"Sometimes you really scare me..." BiJOU Said to her. She turned around to TORiAS and Nyclone "Are you both sure you want to do this? MARiK Can be a Nasty Foe..."
"Let's not forget he also has the Blidning-Ability of being Pug-Ugly, BiJ." CROSS Said, snickering at her own joke.