Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

nirniva's Content

There have been 58 items by nirniva (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#59084 Weirdness at IGN...

Posted by nirniva on 01 August 2008 - 01:00 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Hey, guys...just thought I'd mention that, as of August 1st at 9:00 Eastern, NiGHTS: JoD is the most popular Wii game on wii.ign.com, beating out the likes of The Conduit, MadWorld, Wario Land, and even Zelda. This is according to the "Most Popular" sidebar on the right, and could change at any time, so...check it out! Quick!

#58183 Nintendo Power reveals Sonic & The Black Knight

Posted by nirniva on 22 July 2008 - 10:20 PM in Community Corner

Also, DU-AL-IZE-UH is one of the best lines in JoD.

Your sig would seem to support that.
Did you make that hat? If so, nice job.
(Honestly, I also don't think they'd be dense enough to give Shadow a gun in a medieval-themed game. My real guess: a heavier, but more powerful sword. My predictions on the voice acting stand, however.)

#58162 Nintendo Power reveals Sonic & The Black Knight

Posted by nirniva on 22 July 2008 - 08:53 PM in Community Corner

THE GOOD: Sega seems to be using the word "smite" a lot. "Smite" is a cool word.
THE BAD: Oh, boy, where to begin...
-English voice acting. It's probably going to happen. It's definitely going to suck. One overly-hyphenated word: DU-A-LIZE-AH!
-English sword voices. Since the sword is the helper character, the voice is going to be even more annoying than the rest of the characters. It's going to be more annoying than Omochao and Owl COMBINED...and weaponized. (It won't be as bad as Navi, though. NO character will ever be more annoying than Navi.) I'm guessing that Calibur is going to have an obnoxious faux-Cockney accent akin to Luke from the Professor Layton games.
-They still haven't said what Shadow's power is going to be yet. Until it's officially confirmed by Sega, there is a non-zero chance it will go down like this:
NP: So, you can play as multiple characters, huh?
SEGA: Yeah, so far we've got Knuckles and Shadow.
NP: What does Knuckles do?
SEGA: He has two swords. Because he's flippin' awesome like that.
NP: And Shadow?
SEGA: HE'S GONNA HAVE A GUN LULZ
NP: *gasp* WHAT IS THIS MADNESS? If you do not remove this...this INSULT to Sega fans everywhere, we will SMITE you with a 2/10 in the final review!
SEGA: Whatever.

#58076 Nintendo Power reveals Sonic & The Black Knight

Posted by nirniva on 22 July 2008 - 03:00 AM in Community Corner

http://www.blueblur....-power-details/
Scans and details from Nintendo Power. Nice graphics, I guess...

I made this petition earlier today:
http://www.petitiono...D/petition.html
It's a petition to support the creation of a REAL Sonic The Hedgehog 4. You know, a nice, 2D, 16-bit Sonic like the Genesis days for download on WiiWare/PSN/XBLA, kind of like what Capcom's doing with Mega Man 9. Wouldn't that rock?

#37150 Connection found!

Posted by nirniva on 23 January 2008 - 01:25 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

YES. I am going to continue to call him the Flamboyant Jester of Justice until it catches on in the fanbase. Then I will sit back and watch my evil plan unfold.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

As long as I live, I'll never let you get away with this, DAiLiGHT!
Wait...that nickname actually sounds pretty cool.
Never mind.

Seriously, though (and I'm talking to Rhapsody now), your article (calling it that because I can't think of anything better to call it) is pretty awesome! By three NiGHTS games, I assume you're also referring to Christmas NiGHTS?
No...wait...you must be referring to THE LCD HANDHELD NiGHTS GAME.
You can keep your Twilight Princess and Final Fantasy 7, that game's epic.

#37147 You can't make this up

Posted by nirniva on 23 January 2008 - 01:19 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

XD
0_o
XD
0_o

As you can see, I am finding this incredibly funny and incredibly creepy at the same time.
Wait...

OMG MICHAEL JACKSON DISGUISED AS A PIAN! RUN THE HECK AWAY!
No longer funny. Just creepy.

#36402 Okay, What the Flip?

Posted by nirniva on 19 January 2008 - 03:15 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

My Wii is possessed. It turns itself on in the middle of the night all the time. I swear I turned it OFF and then I wake up at midnight to see it ON and pulsating blue. So I turn it OFF again. But then I wake up two hours later and it turned itself back ON again. OMG!

Do you have your Wii connected to the Internet? When the Wii receives a message from Nintendo, it automatically turns blue to notify you about the message. What happened was, you must have accidentally turned the system it ON when you thought you were turning it OFF, explaining why it was ON when you woke up two hours later.

#36096 Another NiGHTS

Posted by nirniva on 17 January 2008 - 08:56 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

NiGHTS....IN BRAWL?!?!

0_0

DO. FRICKIN'. WANT.

#35309 NiGHTS RPG

Posted by nirniva on 12 January 2008 - 10:50 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

It's a long-shot, I know, but...I'm hoping for NiGHTS as a party member in Sonic Chronicles (AKA the Sonic RPG from Bioware).

#34813 Another NiGHTS

Posted by nirniva on 09 January 2008 - 08:02 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Now, which game NiGHTS could appear in as a part of the plot? Sonic RPG maybe, as NPC?

NiGHTS as a party member would FRICKIN' OWN.
Oh, and Zero Gravity is out now. Thus, I would assume that the game she was referring to wasn't Riders...And Superstars Tennis is likely to have about as much story as Mario Kart.

Therefore, my money is on either a new NiGHTS for Wii (Somebody from Sega recently gave an interview which essentially said "If we make another NiGHTS, it'll be on Wii,") or the Sonic RPG.

Either way, w00t!

#34811 They're getting rowdy o_o

Posted by nirniva on 09 January 2008 - 07:53 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

My Pians do that all the time. I once had to break up a mosh pit of about 40 Pians. They kept ramming into each other and yelling. Near the disco ball. I assume it was a mosh pit.

I wish JoD supported custom soundtracks so you could have played "Sandstorm" right then.
I wonder how that would affect their behavior...
BREAKDANCING PIANS FTW!

#34584 Which game did you like better NID or NJOD?

Posted by nirniva on 07 January 2008 - 08:57 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Not saying the on foot missions are very good but the other htings, like rescuing pians, the bubble stage, the sky concert...these things are BRILLIANT and add to the formula.

Wait...you're referring to the mission where you had to Paraloop Pians, right?
That level drove me INSANE.

However, the bubble mission was pure win.

#34582 Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

Posted by nirniva on 07 January 2008 - 08:54 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

True, but in the LoZ cartoon they explain that away as Link having a special magical pouch to hold infinite items in. But it is basically the same principle. It's the "Don't-Question-What-Doesn't-Make-Sense" Theorem.

I'm pretty sure the cartoon wasn't canon, but, hey, that explanation works.

#34497 Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

Posted by nirniva on 06 January 2008 - 11:22 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

If that's true... Where does he keep them? I doubt those skin tight spandex pants of his have pockets quite that large.

Well, Link manages to have bombs, a bow, arrows, a grappling hook, a slingshot with ammo, several glass bottles filled with various potions, a boomerang, AND a sword and shield on him at all times, so to say that NiGHTS can carry around a few masks isn't too much of a longshot.

#34404 Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

Posted by nirniva on 06 January 2008 - 03:36 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Since you obtain the different Personas from seperate treasure chests at the end of each level, I would assume that they are different masks...

Also, I haven't beaten Helen's story yet, but wasn't NiGHTS wearing a Persona mask (or something like it) in some Crystal Castle cutscenes?

#33963 WOO-FREAKIN'-OOT!

Posted by nirniva on 03 January 2008 - 11:00 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!
Well...not really...but close enough.

Good job, EZEKiAL!

#33962 Sales?

Posted by nirniva on 03 January 2008 - 10:57 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Don't have exact numbers but I know a lot of people bought it here. I managed to swipe up the last copy before there was a mob of people at my local Gamestop door holding up signs with pictures of NiGHTS' head on them. I was mobbed by angry people. I barely managed to escape into my dad's SUV clutching the game for dear life where people threw their signs at us and splattered the car with painted tomatoes to look like Reala. There are some crazy, crazy people in Massachussetts.

0_o

If that's what it was like when NiGHTS came out in MA, I'd be surprised if the Wii launch there did not involve murder.

#33310 My Dream Info

Posted by nirniva on 01 January 2008 - 04:13 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I just walked into My Dream... and the ground is BRIGHT PINK!!! o_0

edit: pics-

link'd for 60 dreamdrops unlockable spoilers >_>

Yeah, I play on an eensy TV...

THE PINK! IT BURNS!

Also, something weird happened to me recently...I invited a random person into my My Dream, and when they left, there was this strange digital remix of the song that usually plays. It sounded kinda like old-school NES music.

#33308 One of my pains

Posted by nirniva on 01 January 2008 - 04:07 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Um. Wow. How did you get one in the old game? I thought Pians died when you Paralooped them.

They did. I haven't played the original, but from what I've heard, it was best to go around as Claris or Elliot when you were trying to get specific Pians.

#33306 NiGHTS SUPER SECRETS!

Posted by nirniva on 01 January 2008 - 03:57 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Lol, Angel NiGHTS.

ALTERNATE ALTERNATE ENDING: NiGHTS uses the power of the combined Ideya to become Super NiGHTS just before the final boss fight. Cheesy '80s hair metal plays during the ensuing battle.

And yes, EZEKiAL, NiGHTS would look just like in your sig.

#33305 Which game did you like better NID or NJOD?

Posted by nirniva on 01 January 2008 - 03:52 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I also not played the original, but I've been enjoying JoD enough to consider finding a Saturn on eBay someday.

#32986 NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams Music

Posted by nirniva on 31 December 2007 - 12:00 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

As for me...the main Lost Park theme, Delight City (I loves me some fully-orchestrated game music), Aqua Garden, and Crystal Castle (both main version and the remix that plays during the platforming level: hate the stage, love the music.)

I haven't tried the download link yet. If it works, though, Apti...A WINNER IS YOU!

#32609 JOD Dream Signs

Posted by nirniva on 28 December 2007 - 10:12 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Dream Moods says:
To dream that you are riding a roller coaster, signifies that you are experiencing erratic behavior brought on by yourself or a situation. You are experiencing frequent ups and downs in your waking life.

Ah, but what does it mean if the roller coaster also has a disturbing face? Seriously, play the Coaster Mission and look at the expression on Coaster NiGHTS at the beginning. Scarier than any boss except for Cerberus.
</irrelevant comment>

#32608 Bugs

Posted by nirniva on 28 December 2007 - 10:07 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Do you mean My Dream or the extra stage from getting all C's?

Anyway, my Wii has frozen on me twice while playing NiGHTS. It could be cause it sat up for a few months without being played, I dunno. Also, maybe not much of a bug but the load times are horrendous. I stared at black for like over a minute while it loaded the scene before the final stage.

Wait...by "extra stage", are you referring to
Spoiler
or an actual secret level?

*hopes for secret level*

#32153 I'm such a noob...

Posted by nirniva on 26 December 2007 - 03:01 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Is there any way to get more time? The worst problem I'm having is running out of time. I've had like, 3 Night Overs and I'm so mad at myself.

But thanks for the help you've given me so far!

Nope, I don't believe there's any way to regain time in that area. There are some Dash Power rings near the top of the arena, if that's any help.
I think your best bet is to score your first hit as early as possible.