Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Machenstein's Content

There have been 15 items by Machenstein (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#82688 Don't Forget NiGHTS

Posted by Machenstein on 21 November 2009 - 07:25 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Okay, that makes sense. I didn't follow that event, but at least I now know the context behind it.

Carry on.

#82668 Don't Forget NiGHTS

Posted by Machenstein on 21 November 2009 - 06:39 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Because we e-mail bombed them.

I doubt that's the reason, unless you are joking.

Really though, why come to this place for suggestions when you don't intend to include the character this site is about in the game? Unless Sega did some meddling and told Sumo not to include NiGHTS as a playable character for some reason, but even I don't think that low of Sega. Both Sega and Sumo obviously know this community exists. They have come here for suggestions. Why pretend otherwise?

#82649 Don't Forget NiGHTS

Posted by Machenstein on 21 November 2009 - 04:50 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

This article from TSSZ does raise some interest. Apparently this community wasn't overlooked after all.

Sumo Digital keeps an eye on internet forums for feedback on the game, name dropping sites like NeoGAF, GameFAQs, and even the NiGHTSintodreams.com forums (a possible hint to an as-of-yet unannounced character). They use these to gauge interest on what characters and features people want to see in the game.

If this is true, why omit NiGHTS from the game when they are aware of this place? Was the site really mentioned in the actual Q&A?

#82554 Don't Forget NiGHTS

Posted by Machenstein on 20 November 2009 - 09:49 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

On second thought, there is one classic IP that Sega has remained consistent with: Virtua Fighter. Okay, there was Virtua Quest, but Virtua Fighter 5 easily made up for it.

#82548 Don't Forget NiGHTS

Posted by Machenstein on 20 November 2009 - 09:28 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Anyone stop to think that Sega makes almost only terrible games these days?

As discontent as I am with Sega, that's a gross exaggeration. Sega still makes plenty of good games, only they are all based on original IPs. Their classic franchises, on the other hand, have not been done any justice. For every MadWorld and Valkyria Chronicles, they make Sonic 2006 and Golden Axe: Beast Rider. It's like Sega has no faith in their old characters.

Maybe this NiGHTS campaign will make Sega understand how important their classic IPs are. I think it's possible if this campaign is done right.

#82533 Don't Forget NiGHTS

Posted by Machenstein on 20 November 2009 - 07:12 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'm not usually the optimistic type, but I believe that, if this campaign ends up being a success, Sega might finally realize the importance of the NiGHTS character. Sega needs to learn how to have faith in their characters as opposed to waiting several years just to make another game for them. Sega never seems to realize that the only reason their non-Sonic games usually flop is because Sega hardly advertises them. Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games gets several commercials on several different television outlets, but not any of Sega's other franchises. And Sonic himself was once an original Sega IP with only one game at some point. The only major difference is Sega had so much at stake with Sonic that Sega had no choice but to have faith in him. Indeed, the success of the Mega-Drive and Sega's future were dependant on Sonic at that time. Of course, Sega advertised the hell out of his game. If only Sega put that much on the line for characters such as Ristar or NiGHTS, we would be seeing much different futures for them.

Which is why I cannot understand Sega's logic behind omitting NiGHTS from ASR. So, what, do they think it was NiGHTS the character's fault that JoD tanked? No, JoD tanked because it received very little advertisting because Sega has very little faith in their characters, which would also explain why Sega has handed their IPs to some of the worst developers. Really, did Golden Axe have to go to Secret Level? Did anyone believe Traveller's Tales could make a decent Super Monkey Ball game? Did anyone expect Journey of Dreams to be an instant classic with the Shadow Team at the helm? Oh, sure, Sega will have their more talented in-house developers make quality games based off of original IPs like the Yakuza series or Valkyria Chronicles , but god forbid Sega's classic IPs receive the treatment they deserve.

So, really, I don't understand. Apparently Sega is looking for numbers. Maybe the numbers will count for something else other than NiGHTS DLC for ASR. We might actually get through to Sega this time, meaning another NiGHTS game, with more competent developers this time. I can hope.

#82437 Third Wave

Posted by Machenstein on 20 November 2009 - 01:25 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Didn't someone else already film a burning of the Archie NiGHTS comics? I vaguely recall something like that.

#82394 Third Wave

Posted by Machenstein on 20 November 2009 - 12:38 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Better to walk with faith than to waltz blindly into a fire.

I have faith in TRiP and DiG' and I'd rather not walk into a fire that SEGA has started.

Unless said fire contains the charcoaled remains of NiGHTS merchandise.

*User was banned for this post*

#82384 Third Wave

Posted by Machenstein on 20 November 2009 - 12:23 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

It's been confirmed from more than one source, and they aren't new kids on the block either, otherwise DiGi wouldn't trust them 100%

That's right, it was more than one source. Well, it doesn't change the fact that we're still completely in the dark about this and someone is going to get in trouble.

#82368 Third Wave

Posted by Machenstein on 20 November 2009 - 12:11 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

I've been entertaining every possible thought about this situation and I can only come to two likely conclusions.

TRiPPY and DiGi are telling the truth and NiGHTS is not a playable racer in ASR, at least not outside of DLC. None of us know how they found out about this, but we can assume they found out about it from a very trustworthy source. Maybe that source happens to be a Sega insider, perhaps the same one that told TRiPPY and DiGi about JoD back in 2006. Either way, this Sega insider is pulling the same stuff that almost got S0L in trouble recently. At least S0L would never think about leaking information this big to the public. He can't even make subtle hints about minor information without causing some kind of stir in the community. Just look at what happened at the Sega.com boards. I can't even imagine how much hot water this mystery employee is going to be in once Sega finds out who he or she is.

That, or TRiPPY and DiGi are being trolled to epic proportions. There are trolls on every corner of the Internet, and they do come here. If I recall correctly, this site has its own ED page. Any troll can pose as a Sega employee and "leak" information that would really stir up some drama and lulz. It's happened a lot in the Sonic community before. Why not aim for the NiGHTS community as well? I would never suspect that TRiPPY and DiGi would lie to us, but someone could be lying to them. I wouldn't underestimate trolls. They would do anything for the lulz. This troll is probably cracking up at the thought of TRiPPY and DiGi burning all of their rare NiGHTS merchandise.

#82256 Third Wave

Posted by Machenstein on 19 November 2009 - 09:02 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

You think i understand SEGA's logic? I don't care, all i know is what we're fighting for and we're fighting for NiGHTS DLC because he's not in ASR.

I would not LIE about this.

Even for Sega logic this is ridiculous. I thought the company was over crap like this. Nonetheless, I trust you enough to join the cause.

I guess you can't answer my question about the insider source.

#82245 Third Wave

Posted by Machenstein on 19 November 2009 - 08:53 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

I am completely lost.

Did the information of NiGHTS not being in ASR come from the same guy who told you about JoD back in 2006? It's not that I don't trust you, I just want to know where this is all coming from. If it's classified and you can't tell us, that's fine. But why include Billy Hatcher, who's game flopped harder than any NiGHTS game, but not NiGHTS? Why include Alex Kidd when he hasn't had a game for himself since 1990? Why include Ryo Hazuki when the Shenmue games did more financial damage to Sega than any other IP? Why include Beat when Jet Grind Radio Future did just as well as Shenmue II did, being on the Xbox and all? I just don't understand.

#82212 A VERY IMPORTANT LIVE BROADCAST YOU NEED TO SEE

Posted by Machenstein on 19 November 2009 - 08:25 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

God... why... I would never make a bet like this, no matter how certain I am about something.

#82206 A VERY IMPORTANT LIVE BROADCAST YOU NEED TO SEE

Posted by Machenstein on 19 November 2009 - 08:19 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Dude, don't burn the merchandise. Now you're just being excessive.

#82177 A VERY IMPORTANT LIVE BROADCAST YOU NEED TO SEE

Posted by Machenstein on 19 November 2009 - 07:49 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

I've returned after a long absence from the NiGHTS community to see this. While I am 90% sure NiGHTS will be in the game, there is that other 10% that is not so sure. If that 10% is proven true, I will have to personally slap Sega. Again.

Hi TRiPPY. :)