Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Minn's Content

There have been 62 items by Minn (Search limited from 17-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#58660 Non-violent Jackle Glitch

Posted by Minn on 27 July 2008 - 07:07 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Danke, DiGi. Glad you like it Metera. ^_^

And Meggie, it's actually the original saturn version...woah. Kind of weird now that I think about it.
It's been eleven years and no one else has ever seen this glitch? O_o
*Twilight zone theme plays*

#58631 Non-violent Jackle Glitch

Posted by Minn on 27 July 2008 - 02:36 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

@Meggie: Yeah, me and my sis noticed that too. The actual audio behind the music I cut in was something like: "Hey...he's kind of going off screen." "Yep." "He's going to high...FOLLOW HIM >D" The he passed through NiGHTS which was a 'WTF?' moment. Then we grabbed his foot and got him all pissed at NiGHTS again. XD

#58624 Non-violent Jackle Glitch

Posted by Minn on 27 July 2008 - 01:05 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

No, just tried again and if you stop he still throws the damn cards at you. Even if he loops around the area he just turns to face you again instead of flying backwards like that.

#58622 Non-violent Jackle Glitch

Posted by Minn on 27 July 2008 - 12:47 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Just something weird to share with y'all.

So I'm playing NiD on a new file, clear Elliot's missions and start beating Claris' missions. I get to soft museum, beat it and fight Jackle. Midway through I notice something odd. Jackle is flying backwards, the way he does when you chase him...but I wasn't chasing him. I completely stop and watch him go around...and around. Pause. Get nearest video camera. Film it until I accidentally knock him back into combat mode. Youtube time.

{BEWARE THE SILLY MUSIC!}

Just another drop in the bucket of his insanity I guess. XD
Has this happened to anyone else?

(I wonder if his main method of travel is flying backwards... he only flies forward to get his cape lol.)

#57541 Shared Dreams

Posted by Minn on 15 July 2008 - 09:18 PM in Dream

Celia glanced back at Diskue with a mix of suprise and refrain from laughing at him. 'Nutcase.'
Andrew scratched his head and turned to Scykle for a second. He'd thought the maren was leaving them but...ah whatever. He didn't seem that threatening, besides if it tried anything Disk was there. The boy looked up at the holographic screen and slowly reached a hand out for it, touching the 'FILE 1' text. The screen immedietely reacted and shifted around, seperating into several rectanglar peices and re arranging itself into a large, mostly blank screen. A new list started filling up the screen in strange lettering, but before it finished loading a bright red screen popped up in front of it.
'ACCESS DENIED'
'PASSWORD REQUIRED'
Andrew stared at the screen, thinking for a moment. He felt like he was forgetting something, but he tried entering a password anyways.
'Nightopia.'
'INCORRECT.'
"It was worth a try." He mumbled, in slight dissapointment."Any ideas?"
"Oh, let me try." Celia said, taking andrew's place.
'Yellow.'
'INCORRECT.'
"Shoot."

#57489 Shared Dreams

Posted by Minn on 15 July 2008 - 04:57 AM in Dream

"We'll try to remember." Celia said, not really caring. Andrew glared at his sister, slightly angry that she was being so ignorant. He didn't say anything though as she had continued walking forward into the new area, footsteps making a strange, metallic clanking sound. As the two passed the glowing yellow circle of lines on the floor, Andrew suddenly dashed in front of his sister and held his arms out effectivly preventing her from proceding. "What the-" "Stopstopstop. It's not safe yet...." Celia watched in suprise as her brother walked over to the podium rising from the floor, where he started running his hands over what looked like buttons of some sort. With every keystroke more neon patterns lit up the darkness, revealing a multitude or walkways expanding in the distance. Celia couldn't help but stare in wonder as the area was 'activated', and she slid closer to Andrew to watch as he was entering seemingly random combinations on the keypad. "...What are you doing?"
"I'm not really shure, but I've done this before." He whispered back, excitedly. After a few more presses, a holographic screen projected from nowhere and the two dreamers stepped back. A multitude of text and numbers flashed by, far too quickly to read, before every window arranged itself neatly into a list of various file extensions. Each one simply titled-
FILE 1
FILE 2
FILE 3
FILE 4...

Andrew and Celia stared at the screen hovering before them, at a loss for what to do. After a few seconds of silence, Celia slowly turned to look at Andrew. "Well? Is that it?" She asked.
"Um..." Andrew mumbled. Truthfully, he was at a loss now. Whatever had posessed him to activate everything earlier had passed, and he had no idea what the above screen meant.
"..."

#57447 Shared Dreams

Posted by Minn on 14 July 2008 - 09:31 PM in Dream

Suddenly there was a hand on Diskue's shoulder. "Chill." Celia said quietly to him, having stepped beside the boy/dream guide/whatever the hell he was. She looked at Scykle with a feeling of indifference. "You must understand why we're all a bit standoff-ish, Scykle." She said, shrugging. "Nothing personal. But if you want to know, we're looking for someo....thing. And we probably don't have a lot of time for this." She turned back around and walked over to where Andrew was, in front of the open door. 'For all we know one of us might wake up any second now.'
Andrew was looking into the dark abyss ahead, letting his eyes adjust to the sudden light change. Somehow the place though the portal felt familiar to him...
He nearly jumped when he felt something lightly slap his back. "You gonna just stand here all day?" Celia murmered as she pushed her way past him, but before going on she called back through the door. "Scykle, pleasure to meet you. Toodles. Disk, TORi, you coming or not?", before dissapearing back into the darkened area.
Andrew ducked after her."Wait! We can't just run in here without thinking."
"Well we are." Celia said. She cast a curious look at her brother as he caught up to her. "Unless you'd rather keep traveling through that desert for who knows how long."
"Yeah, well you should at least wait for your friends to catch up."

#57049 Maren Hat questions and PortConMaine

Posted by Minn on 11 July 2008 - 04:13 PM in Cosplay Zone

Murrr.... Depends on how your going to dress up your face, if at all.
Perhaps some sort of chinstrap is an option.

#56978 What instument do you think Reala would play?

Posted by Minn on 11 July 2008 - 02:13 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Ohohoh, I changed my mind.

He would totally play a bass. Base. Whatever. Those thing that are like Cello's but only bigger.

Dun-dun-un-dun-un-dun-dun.

#56956 Do you like Reala's voice?

Posted by Minn on 10 July 2008 - 11:38 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

First time I heard him in JOD was...dissapointing. I couldn't believe he was voiced by the same guy who voiced Jaguar in Space channel 5. I just didn't like how...er...high? It was. And his lisp >_< Oh the laugh too was a big "omgwtfwhy?!"
It sounded nothing like what I was expecting.
Then I realized how effin creepy it would be to meet someone who talked like that, in a dream or otherwise...
*shudder*
So on second thought the voice nailed the creepyness pretty well.
I guess I got used to it eventually, but still would have preferred something a bit darker.
ESPECIALLY in the terms of the laugh.

Why sega? ._.

#56939 Maren Hat questions and PortConMaine

Posted by Minn on 10 July 2008 - 09:51 PM in Cosplay Zone

I have a halfbaked plan on how I'll be making my jackle hat, maybe it'll give you an idea.

First make a SNUG black headband, something that will secure the hat on yer head, but not cut off your circulation. (The kind that covers the top of your forehead, wraps over the ears and connects in the back.) If you're going to a con you'll be wearing that thing for awhile.
Second, add another strap that will cross over the top of your head. {It should connect to the headban at the points where it crosses over your ears.}
Then get a sheet/block of furniture foam the thickness you want the horns to be. Preferably light. Light is good.
Using whatever carving method you prefer, {I've never carved anything, check the internet} carve out the shape you want your horns to be. (another idea is to make the foam horns hollow and stuff them with something even lighter that the foam, although I can't think of anything.)
Here's a tricky part, you need to somehow connect the horns to the strap that goes over your head. Sewing? Maybe, but I think foam is hard to sew.
The final bit is to make the exterior of the hat, the 'cap' that will cover the headband and your head, and the material sleeves covering the horns. I think with some planning and practice material anyone can figue out how to make the cap and some horn sleeves, but figuring out the colors is up to your interpetation.
The cap and sleeves need to be sewn together into a single floppy 'hat' that can be fit over the foam horns and headban for it's Jackley shape and support.
Viola. Wireless Plush horn hat.

This is the most basic way I can explain my plan, please point out any glaring flaws.

On a side note I find it minorly hilarious that everyone thinks Jackle is the bearer of ORANGE.
Really? His in game model does look that way a little, but if you check his offical art...
No orange. I'm not kidding, just yellow, red, a bit of light blue and pink. And white and black of course.
Yet everyone says orange. Maybe it just looks better that way. XP

#56891 What instument do you think Reala would play?

Posted by Minn on 10 July 2008 - 05:58 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Air gituar seems like the obvious choice, but just to add variety I'll say he might play a Shakuhachi.
Yes, it's a kind of flute, but it's usually much deeper and breathier than any other flute. Usually it's played for meditational uses so it's veeeeery slow, but it can be played fairly fast for a nice sound. However they take a good amount of skill to even play.
{Here's a sample of how it sounds, accompanied by a Shamisen.
}

#56641 "Pit of Creepy" Topic

Posted by Minn on 09 July 2008 - 12:17 AM in Community Corner

*Boredly clicks on the pic with the paragraphs that NNR07 posted*
*Reads about to the end of the first one*
*thing jumps out*
*Minn SCREAMS like a little girl*

My hands are shking as I type this XD
Damn you NNR07!
Minns heart: thudthudthudthud

Oh thank god that didn't have sound, I had these really loud earphone on. XD
Whew.
*Is now jumping at every little sound, like the dishwasher going into the next cycle*
DAMN. YOU.
But seriously, that was unexpected.
I thought it was safe cause it was an effin picture. Argh.

That's why I don't go to things like this. Screamers and such scare the crap outta me.

#56630 Shared Dreams

Posted by Minn on 08 July 2008 - 11:13 PM in Dream

"Er..." Andrew semi-panicked for a split second, unsure of what to do. "Theres something with the door...I mean..." He paused for a second, then lightly pushed the door open showing the void like place that was laying beyond it to anyone glancing back. "It's just a portal." He said calmly, wondering if random doors in nightopia regularly ending up leading to illogical places. There was something bigger he was worried about at the moment though, Scykle.

#56620 Shared Dreams

Posted by Minn on 08 July 2008 - 10:45 PM in Dream

((OOC- Quick recap in small text and then a more current type response in normal text.))
"You do know the only reason I'm helping you is because you need it." Disk said.
Celia was about to say something nasty in response to Diskue’s statement when he pointed out the inscriptions on the door, and the being known as TORi flew closer to check it out. Andrew was listening with interest as Disk and TORi mused over the door when TORi suddenly turned to face him and Celia. When he asked why they weren’t scared of him both dreamers exchanged a confused look, similar thoughts running through their heads.
‘This thing is a Nightmaren? Why the heck isn’t it attacking us then? ...is it one of those rebel types the Nightopians told us about…?’
‘Diskue is friends with one of them? Wow, I didn’t think they would seem so humanoid. But I guess that makes sense in a way…’
But before either of them could respond TORi went back to examining the door with Diskue.
Andrew decided to try answering its questions anyways. “Well, my names Andrew and this is-”
“-Celia.” The girl cut in, tired of being introduced by her brother. “A pleasure to meet you, maren.” She muttered quietly as Disk recited the code on the doorway. It sounded like something from one of her mystery/adventure books. Andrew was near Disk and listened with interest as he said the poem. When Disk finished, TORiAS was suddenly grinning like a demon and said something that seemed to imply that he wanted to join their little group. Neither dreamer really liked the thought of that (And the way TORi was smiling didn’t exactly help), but if TORiAS was friends with Diskue it seemed logical to take him with them if he insisted…

Suddenly Diskue revealed that they were being watched, and soon enough another being, ever so slightly reminiscent of TORi, had shown itself. Both dreamers were silent as the three dream beings started launching questions and thinly veiled threats towards one another and in the midst of it they caught the creatures name ‘Scykle’.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celia quietly stepped back a bit and whispered to Andrew "-So whaddya think, another Maren?-"
"-Definetely, if TORi is anything to go by.-"
"-This place is freaking crawling with them apparently.-"
Andrew shrugged. "-Don't look at me, this has got to be your dreamscape.-"
Celia didn't take her eyes off the newcomer but responded to her brother darkly. "-Oh really. And just what makes you think that?-"
"-The harsh liflessness of a desert seems to suit you, is all.-" He replied with a smirk. Celia growled quietly and resisted the urge to punch him in the arm again.
"-Smarta**.-"
Andrew stifled a laugh and step back from Celia, only to bump into the created door. He curiously turned to face it and ran a hand over it's carved surface, only to see it drift slightly open at his touch. He quickly grabbed the handle and closed it again, before looking over his shoulder. No one had noticed. And yet...had he seen something beyond the door?
'That couldn't be...' He thought, before slowly opening the door again, just a crack. Within he glimpsed an alternate world, much darker than the harsh sunlight of the desert. The only things visible were faintly glowing yellow lines on the floor, circling around some sort of small podium in the center. Everything beyond that was swallowed in darkness. "...Huh."

#56592 NiGHTS: Voice Acting! Audition for my radioplay -->

Posted by Minn on 08 July 2008 - 08:39 PM in Creative Stuff!

I'm interested in this. Quick question though, I see you have a list of all of the bosses sans lines. So if someone wanted to audition for Clawz or something would they have to make up thier own lines?

Oh oh and say someone had a voice editing program they wanted to use to tweak thier voice. Is that allowed?

#56174 Shared Dreams

Posted by Minn on 05 July 2008 - 01:15 AM in Planning and Advertising

Sorry I was gone so long without warning, but I'm back now. Although I have a huge load of work to do I now have access to the computer again so I'll be more active in the topic.

#54538 Phantom of the Opera

Posted by Minn on 17 June 2008 - 03:14 AM in Community Corner

I know what you mean. Even though I haven't seen any other versions of the play/movie, when he got his mask taken off near the end both me and my mum were like "Oh that's not that bad!" {refering to deformities}

You should watch some of the songs on youtube, in italian. It's like, one of the best languages for those songs to be sung in. <3

#54391 Phantom of the Opera

Posted by Minn on 14 June 2008 - 09:19 PM in Community Corner

Yeah I saw that version, cause my mom & dad are POTO fans and wanted me to watch the movie with them. It was my first time seeing the story in any way and I gotta saw it was real cool. There were some nice effects and such, great singing, and emotionalness. My parents {who've seen the live play a few times} said it was pretty faithful to the original version, even though there were some differences they still liked it. So I'd suggest buying it or finding it on that torrent you're looking for, but I dunno where to find it so...good luck?

#54265 NiTES: Jernee of Dreemz

Posted by Minn on 13 June 2008 - 04:26 PM in Creative Stuff!

Man, everytime this comic is updated I smile because I know I'm gonna laugh at at least one thing on the next page XD Way to go Mahzes. You rock.

#54261 Shared Dreams

Posted by Minn on 13 June 2008 - 04:07 PM in Dream

"Uh-huh." Celia clicked her tounge and looked between Diskue and TORiAS, not quite making the connection that TORiAS was a Nightmaren. Due to his humanoid form she figured he was another dream guide (Albeit a creepy looking one) of some sort. 'So, what now?' She turned around to ask Andrew if he had any ideas, but he wasn't there. "Andy?" She asked, looking around the bland sandy landscape. For a second there was no response, and she started to wonder if he'd been attacked by another maren or something.

Then he poked his head around a collapsed pillar and called to them. "Dude, you have to come see this!" Before he disappeared behind it again. Having nothing better to do, Celia trotted over to where her brother was and found him standing before what looked like a doorway of some kind. Just, you know, doorless. "Weird huh?" Andrew said, standing besides the structure. Celia raised an eyebrow as her brother started examining the thing, like he was looking for an on switch.
"What are you doing?" She asked as she walked over to him. He'd finished searching one side and started on the other.
"Trying to open it." He said.
"Open it. Yeah...you do realize there's no door right?" Celia said, and waved her arms through the empty space where the door would have been. Andrew scoffed and gave her an almost pitying look.
"No imagination. Look, we're in the middle of a desert that only exists in our dreams. We're supposed to find this thing, I think. Do you really think there would be a random doorway here for no reason?" He asked, stepping back to get a better view of the thing. Celia reached out an arm and leaned against the door frame. "Well, if this is a dream then it isn't required to make sense-" But she stopped mid sentence as something started happening. Where her hand was touching the door way a white light began to show and it extended around both her and the door frame like an aura in a matter of seconds. Then the light began filling in the middle of the frame, quickly creating a wall of light before it all kind of fell away in white glowing specks. The end result of the process was a door. Just right there, in the middle of the desert and out of no where. Celia stared in confusion at the now exsisting door while Andrew stepped back next to her and gave her a light pat on the head.
"Ding! Absolutely right, it doesn't have to make sense." He snickered.'Score- me 1, Cee 0.'

#53965 "Idea" vs "Idiot"!

Posted by Minn on 11 June 2008 - 02:21 PM in Poll Area

"Idiot" is the way I usually say it. [eye-day-ah]

I used to pronounce it the other way like "Idea" until JOD came out. Then I kind of grew used to the "Idiot" pronouncition, even though I still tried to say "Idea" but eventually "Idiot" just kinda became second nature. Although at the first cutscenes I was like "What the...your saying it WRONG Owl." >:/

#53884 Shared Dreams

Posted by Minn on 10 June 2008 - 10:24 PM in Dream

Andrew stepped back in confusion as something red smacked him in the face, and looked up to see that it was the hair of a strange person. Until he saw the claws and horns and such, then he realized it definetely wasn't human. It didn't really matter though, as Diskue seemed to be friends with it. So Andrew stepped back by Celia and was content to watch for a little bit, wondering how the two knew each other.

#53832 Shared Dreams

Posted by Minn on 10 June 2008 - 01:54 PM in Dream

The second she got the ideya back the world started to stop feeling like the world was spinning so she slowly stood up. At Diskues offer of the health replenisher she raised an eyebrow. "What is it, poison?" She asked, but took the stuff anyway and ate it. Andrew was examining the now dead nightmaren and watched as it's body desintigrated into dust. He walked back to where Diskue and Celia were. "I think we've found that help we wanted Cee." He stated looking at Diskue. Although the way he looked reminded Andrew of some strange anime hero, Diskue had proved that he was more than strong enough to be a great help. 'The way he fights, this guy must have taken loads of maren down. I bet that thing won't stand a chance!' He thought excitedly and held a hand out to shake hands with Diskue. "Think you could handle another beast like that? We'd appreciate your help." He said, waiting for a response.

#53811 Shared Dreams

Posted by Minn on 10 June 2008 - 02:58 AM in Dream

The Nightmaren hissed angrily at Diskue and reluctantly released the Ideya, spitting it off to the side. Before Diskue could attempt to go after it though, the Maren made a last ditch attempt at pummeling the boy by swiping its club-like tail at his head.

Not all that far away, Andrew had managed to find Celia again and he crouched next to her. "Cee are you alright?" He asked, worried. She was shaking a little, and as Andrew watched he saw her body flicker in and out of exsistence a few times.
"I feel weird."
She said, and gasped as she saw her hands dissapear for a second and come back.
"Whats happening?!"
"You must be waking up..." Andrew looked around to see what had happened to Diskue and the big Maren. "Wait right here, and try to stay calm."
"O-Okay."