Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

RedTail's Content

There have been 5 items by RedTail (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100873 JoD Score Attack Longplay

Posted by RedTail on 08 September 2015 - 12:10 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Natively upscaled to 1080p. No world records here, but most of these scores sit comfortably within the Top 3 at NiDScores.com. Could've been higher if I had felt like exploiting the rocket persona.

#100809 NiD Score Attack Longplay

Posted by RedTail on 25 January 2015 - 02:29 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

And these will probably do it for now.

#100808 NiD Score Attack Longplay

Posted by RedTail on 22 January 2015 - 01:24 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

A few more videos. Nothing anyone here hasn't already seen before:

#100806 NiD Score Attack Longplay

Posted by RedTail on 17 January 2015 - 02:20 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Scores are good! Youtube charlie and miles for the best score videos.

Yeah, I've watched their videos before. Some of their strategies aren't possible on the HD version though. For example, I don't think you can get the big link on Mare 3 of Frozen Bell from paralooping the snowballs. It may also be impossible to get infinite link on Mare 1 of Spring Valley. Can't say for sure since I've always been terrible at doing mares backwards.

Quick observation - you can collect chips before starting mare 1 to open the capture on the first lap (possible on all main dreams).

The only dream I tend to do this on is Frozen Bell. It's kinda questionable whether it's worth it on other dreams. Remember, the Ideya Capture's bonus starts ticking down BEFORE you dualize with NiGHTS. By collecting blue chips on foot, at best you're buying yourself a half-lap of Mare 1 in bonus time.

re: the scores. I main on the xbox (much better than my steam scores, can check and upload pics if interested) but on steam I think legit scores start on the second or third page.

I used to play on Xbox when the port was first released. I think I'm listed as RedTail86, but my scores are probably lower than my Steam ones. I set most of those before analog control was patched back in. :P

I prefer Steam because I can use a Saturn 3D pad to play. Raphnet makes Saturn-USB adapters which support the 3D Pad and work quite well. May want to check them out. There's also a Mayflash adapter on eBay. It's cheaper, has two controller ports, and is quite a bit more durable, but it does have a flaw that I just noticed a few days ago... While the Mayflash adapter supports the 3D Pad's analog stick, it doesn't support analog on the triggers. This makes getting dreamies more difficult. IMO, this makes the Raphnet adapter the superior choice.

it should have a 2.0 and be realistic (600-900 most, million maybe for Spring Valley and frozen bell).

It's easier to weed out the cheaters by looking at some of the lower-scoring dreams like Soft Museum, Stick Canyon, and Twin Seeds. There are a few guys on there (and I'm going from memory here) like bekpower and uzra who have what appear like reasonable scores on some dreams, but their scores are too large on lower-scoring dreams.

I personally got two 1.9's on this playthrough since I'm inconsistent with paralooping Gillwing's tail, and can't 2.0 Clawz in the HD version. I could have set the bosses to random for those dreams, but I wanted to show all the bosses off for this playthrough. Oh well!

For example, I think for spring valley Jim at number 19 is the top score that could be real while (your at 25 and I'm at 27).

Yeah, Jim's legit. There are people above and below him who aren't though.

Can Steam delete scores? Maybe make a request?

I'm not sure who one would appeal to, Sega or Valve. Either way, it doesn't fix the underlying problem, the fact that people can achieve fraudulent scores in the first place.

#100803 NiD Score Attack Longplay

Posted by RedTail on 13 January 2015 - 05:56 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

So I got around to finally producing a NiGHTS video for my YT channel and figured I'd share it here. I challenged myself to beat some of the top scores on Steam and nidscores.com, and I think I managed to pull it off on a few stages (I say "think" because there are so many fraudulent scores on the Steam leaderboards that it's hard to tell). Anyway, here's the video:

Time Code / Scores:

0:03:05 - Spring Valley (729,999)
0:14:11 - Mystic Forest (774,620)
0:25:05 - Soft Museum (548,320)
0:36:11 - Twins Seeds (155,860)
0:50:40 - Splash Garden (759,860)
1:02:03 - Frozen Bell (761,311)
1:13:39 - Stick Canyon (673,160)
1:24:47 - Twin Seeds (156,820)

Feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!