Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Kori's Content

There have been 57 items by Kori (Search limited from 21-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#94490 We need your help! Gorillaz art contest!

Posted by Kori on 23 November 2010 - 06:43 AM in Artwork

Noctourne, the contest is running until the 28th of November - we're into the last week of drawing! :3 You should definitely look them up on Youtube or iTunes, I have as of yet to be bored of their music! XD < /fanspaz>

Kisuke, thank you sooo much! :D And lovely to meet more fans! You're so lucky to get Doncamatic today, gotta wait until tomorrow over here, from what I understand. XP

And thank you for your votes guys - you helped land my sister Invi into the top 12! She's going to the semi-finals, and if she makes the finals after that, Jamie will seriously consider her design! 8D It's so wicked exciting! And if you guys decide to enter, post about 'em here!

#94454 We need your help! Gorillaz art contest!

Posted by Kori on 20 November 2010 - 01:47 AM in Artwork

Aw thanks Noctourne! ;A; *glomp* Make me feel so much better about things! <3 You interested in entering?

#94444 We need your help! Gorillaz art contest!

Posted by Kori on 19 November 2010 - 07:14 AM in Artwork

Hi everyone! I... haven't been here in forever, and I feel I should apologize for bursting in like this. ^^; (If this topic is in the wrong forum, I'm sorry - and if it's a bit too much like advertising, I'm even more sorry, and have no problem with the complete removal of this topic..!)

Anyway, my sisters and I have entered this contest here - http://www.gorillaz.com/evangelist - to design a new Gorillaz character, The Evangelist, who will likely appear in future music videos and become a part of the storyline. We need votes from the public to qualify for the semi-finals, so I am humbly requesting some from you! There's no need to register or send any information - all they need is for you to click "Vote For This Drawing!", and you're done! :3

Heck, if you'd like to, feel free to enter as well! (Although you do have to register at gorillaz.com to do so.) They're currently taking entries for week 3, and you must use a semi-functional oekaki-esque drawing app on their site, but it's all in good fun! :D

SO. Links are as follows...

Enter the Gorillaz contest! - http://www.gorillaz.com/evangelist

Vote for any/all entries from Week 2! - http://gorillaz.com/evangelist/week-2

My design - http://gorillaz.com/...t/detail?d=2573 - The Prisoner

Invistar's design - http://gorillaz.com/...t/detail?d=2065 - The Grannevangelist

MissBatty's design - http://gorillaz.com/...t/detail?d=1401 - The Bohemian Hare

Thank you very much for your time, and if you decide to enter, great! :D And again, if I'm imposing far too much, please accept my apologies and I'll not bother you again, I promise! ^^;;

#92044 Pixar

Posted by Kori on 14 July 2010 - 12:00 AM in Community Corner

Oh dear. XD I'm an absolute Pixar fangirl, and after watching WALL·E (SMASHQUEEN MUST SEE IT NAO PLZKTHX 8D), I've made it my personal goal to become an animator for them. They're creative geniuses! They can take something totally mundane and easy to screw up, and turn it into an unforgettable story!

Toy Story 3 nearly made me weep, although Up had me openly sobbing towards the final act. ;A; My dad's absolutely favorite movie of them all, possibly of all time, is The Incredibles, which is a pretty awesome supers movie! (Maybe a sequel someday? Maybe?)

As far as Disney stopping traditional animation, THAT disaster was wrought by Mister Michael "Fancypants" Eisner, who was determined to shut it down and go completely CG. If I remember right, Meet the Robinsons was originally gonna be 2D, until this whole mess happened. Now that Lasseter's in charge of Pixar AND Disney Animation, things are looking up! :) I'm definitely looking forward to this new Pooh Bear movie!

Ugh, that reminds me... if Eisner!Disney had their way, TS3 was slated to be a direct-to-DVD release... D8 Thank heaven for miracles!

So, in summary - YAY PIXAR! <3

#92043 YUJI NAKA INTERVIEW!

Posted by Kori on 13 July 2010 - 11:48 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

WHOO!!

I don't come by forever and what shows up in my email! (I really shouldn't have checked it until AFTER work... my brain was broken all day by this epic-ness, and we had a branch review, ahaha!)

Firstly, HUUUGE thanks to everyone involved for getting this to us! Words cannot express!

I had NO ideya about a PC version AT FREAKING ALL. Hmm, maybe the Japanese PS2 port ran on a different graphics program or something? And everything about dream research, and Spielberg, and what honestly shocked me the most was "Beadichinoa NiGHTS"! I must've said it out loud about five times today and giggled every time because I sounded just like Reala... |D

Although I will always hear "There is no NiGHTS" and "Aptiva", I think. ;3

Oh, and I haven't seen Mystere, but if you get to see even ONE Cirque du Soleil show, trust me, you're in for a treat! :) Quidam and Varekai are favorites - I just wish Mystere was on DVD too..!

Major major MAJOR kudos! Can you just feel the love here? <3

#88407 Sonic 4 Discussion

Posted by Kori on 06 February 2010 - 02:24 AM in Community Corner

Oh yay! I knew the animation thing would work out. :D (And YEESH, the US SEGA Blog comments are just... full of ungrateful yuppie larvae.. |D;; )

Also...

Eggman revisits - and improves - the very best of his creations to defeat our spiked hero.

8DDDDD

MetalMetalMetalMetalMetalMetalMetalMetalMetalMetalMetalMetalMetal.............!!

#88272 Sonic 4 Discussion

Posted by Kori on 04 February 2010 - 08:40 PM in Community Corner

Hmmm, Sonic 4 eh?

To quote Gerald from Hey Arnold! - "You're a bold kid, Arnold. A real bold kid."

Not to diss Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, as they were both wicked-fun games in their own right, but the old-school platformers that made Sonic famous were.. well, they made him famous! What more needs saying? XD Sega's track record of dragging Sonic through so much crap brings a bit of skepticism, even to this return to the good ol' days. They've got a LOT to prove if this is the Sonic 4 to expect!

Of course, my inner nostalgic fangirl is going *FANSCREECHx9000*. XDD And the very ideya of the figure-8 dash? HOT DIGGITY. (They should make a sequel to Sonic CD, I say, but if this is a success, then maybe...?)

As for the animation? It's probably early models and footage, so I'm not terribly worried.

Yeeeeess... I have my niggling doubts, Sega, but you have my attention... ;3

EDIT: One point my sister brought up - the fact that it's downloadable caught her interest. She reckons it's a sign that they're not being blowhard-showboats about it, they honestly want everyone to to play it. Labor of love indeed? X3

#88184 OH...MY...LORD.

Posted by Kori on 03 February 2010 - 07:43 AM in Dream Discussion

Wow... crazy stuff! Sorry you had such a nasty night. :<

On a personal level, I've had one vividly unhappy dream about losing my loved one - to this day it remains as the only nightmare I've had where I woke up sobbing. >_< As far as I can personally interpret, it just proved how much actually losing him would affect me - but I digress.

Now on to you! It could be simply similar to mine, where you're afraid of losing her. But going through my dream dictionary and picking apart certain elements, well, that's really up to you to decipher for yourself. I'll post some POTENTIAL explanations, and hopefully, you'll find some peace after such a frightful event. It's best to consider these possibilities when you're awake, relaxed, and feeling a sort of clarity about things so that you can properly identify what this means to you.

A person falling - wish to be rid of them; or anxiety in regard to what they represent. (One thing I will note that might give you some assurance - you only saw her fall, you didn't see her actually get hurt..)

Buildings - Large public buildings, such as hospitals, factories, public flats, depict particular functions suggested by their nature, such as work or healing. But, of course, if the house or building has a personal connection - the house you lived in or the place you have worked - then you need to define the essential feelings about such.

Getting stuck, unable to move - often being held back by anxiety or fears. (As well, it's not terribly unusual that you felt paralyzed upon waking. I read a lengthy passage in this book that explained it as, basically, your mind slowly catching up with reality. What you felt and experienced was so intense, even though it wasn't real, that your subconscious mind stayed in that mindset, until you realized that the nightmare was over.)

Friend - represents your feelings about your friend.

Pulling - doing something about a situation; positive action or expression of will.

Those are some of the elements, anyway. Just remember, even though it's a dictionary, dreams are by no means concrete! A lot of it is personal interpretation, and books like these seem to link common definitions together and offer suggestions. But it encourages discussing these things with friends too! :3

If you still want my take on it.. well, I can only offer my personal experience. It's the closest feeling I've ever had, anyway.

Sorry for rambling on so! I hope some of this helped you a bit though. And I hope your dreams are much more peaceful!

#88153 We didn't forget NiGHTS!

Posted by Kori on 03 February 2010 - 01:16 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

I was tellin' everyone at work - "just you wait, there's gonna be nothing but good stuff happening after the full moon!" (It was CRAZY last week D| )

And.. it's still kinda nuts, but lookit this! LOOKIT THIS!! We all worked together and look what we done!!

TTvTT

I'm soooo happy my Wii won't be missing out on NiGHTS - and now I won't ever have to because he's there all the time! Heck I'm gonna be playing the time trials just to get better and run laps with NiGHTS, then when I'm at my absolute best, I'll reset the scores and DO IT AGAIN. XDD

Everyone's said it, but it bears repeating - thank you so much for reaching out to the fans like this! Proof positive that you guys aren't just a faceless corporation, you love NiGHTS too~~~! <3

Lotta love around here now - and dang does it feel good. |3

#87817 NiGHTS as Flag Man

Posted by Kori on 29 January 2010 - 06:24 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

ROTFL! Had I only known! Then this little monstrosity wouldn't have come to be! XD;;;

Sorry~~~~, it just SCREAMED to be done......

*hides*

#87765 NiGHTS as Flag Man

Posted by Kori on 28 January 2010 - 07:39 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

SexyFlagBabe!NiGHTS has been sketched.

I never knew it was possible to feel dirty AND amused all at once. |3

I was hoping the character model meant good news for Wii owners, but it never hit me just how much more this means! I'd thought that playing flag-bearer was planned from square one, but we actually influenced it??

*blasts "No Limits" on her iPod and boogies down*

Lookit us go!! I love this fandom. <3

#87714 Don't Forget NiGHTS

Posted by Kori on 28 January 2010 - 04:04 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Awright awright, this is upsetting news for all of us fans, but there's no need to call each other out like this. "Divide and conquer" is gonna make a mess of things, and we need all the steam we can get to correct this rather egregious oversight!

I was afraid that the Lakitu prediction was dead-on, since neither DiGi nor TRiPPY said anything about it. But it fits with everything they've been saying, and.. well, dang! XP

We might still be able to make a difference with DLC! This at least confirms the character model is in the game - would that hold any bearing on getting him in there? (For Wii owners? XD;;; )

Welp, now we know. The question, as it has been for several months, is what are we gonna do about it?

(And I concur, they pulled him outta the race because they think he can beat Sonic! And they're right!! XD)

EDIT: ..... so, wait. NiGHTS is either the Lakitu... or the sexy flag-waving racetrack babe? |D

#87662 My pc has decided to break

Posted by Kori on 27 January 2010 - 02:22 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

This immediately went through my head when I read that, TRiPPY. XD;;

YATTAZE~~!!

#87657 Favorite Worst Sonic Quotes

Posted by Kori on 27 January 2010 - 07:29 AM in Community Corner

*GIGGLESNORT*

Sonic Adventure was just ripe with cheese, and the animation just made it all the more hilarious! XD And yes, there're some Archie lines that made me wanna hide my comics forever.. I just can't recall them all right now. |D

Let's see.... ah!

"You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you since I know everything YOU'RE going to do! STRANGE, ISN'T IT? *grrrrr!*"
~ Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog OVA
(.... can't I just put the whole English dub as one horrifically bad line? XDD Although Tails getting an earful from Knuckles after grabbing that Sera girl was pretty funny!)

And Smashy, I remember that animation! XD Sonic Shorts are sooo funny! Can't wait for the last one..

#87538 My pc has decided to break

Posted by Kori on 26 January 2010 - 12:50 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Dude...

I UNDERSTOOD THAT. 8D

Well, the basic gist anyway! Way to go Stevo! Title deserved! (Though your Matrix-bending powers will only take you so far, Mr. 99...)

I'm assuming that the files are all there, it's just a matter of sorting through it all, like 5 years' worth of duplicate family vacation photos? XD

#87486 New Gorillaz album - Plastic Beach

Posted by Kori on 25 January 2010 - 02:23 AM in Community Corner

Yeeeeeeesssss Nemoide... one of us! One of us! 8D

I think what I love about Gorillaz is how they can change genre, style, mood, just about anything, and still keep that vibe of theirs, yanno? It's funny to think that when I'm really stressed out, I can listen to them on my lunch break and be almost totally relaxed by it. XD Je ne sais quoi! Not even creepy ol' Murdoc can turn me away from the music!

.... well, I'm certainly never paying him a visit, but I'll listen to him anyway. XDD

#87465 New Gorillaz album - Plastic Beach

Posted by Kori on 24 January 2010 - 09:50 PM in Community Corner

Personally, I'm quite excited! (..... okay okay, HAPPYFREAKINGSPAZMCFREAKFREAK EXCITED.) I've been hoping to hear more from Damon, Jamie, & Co. for a long time now. :D

There's a single as well - Stylo! Electronic music's a favorite of mine so this is WICKED AWESOME COOL to me, hehe! Some people aren't terribly fond of it, others are even more stoked than I am - what do you think? Is Phase 3 gonna be the big and glorious finale, or is it gonna crash and burn like the island from El Manana?

And speaking of, it looks like Noodle's doing fine... but after listening to Murdoc's Pirate Broadcast on their website, I can't help still wondering. XD

Thoughts, ideyas, theories and opinions are welcome! :3

#87426 My pc has decided to break

Posted by Kori on 23 January 2010 - 10:21 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

8D

Fabulous computer news!!

Go PC, go PC, go PC, go-go!!

*waves pompoms and attempts a backflip.. which ends painfully* XD

Everyone involved deserves cookies after all this! ^_____^

#87402 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Kori on 23 January 2010 - 06:57 AM in Community Corner

Stylo ~ Gorillaz (brand new single! 8D)

Seriously, my head's been bopping to this all night. XD

#87347 Don't Forget NiGHTS

Posted by Kori on 22 January 2010 - 03:16 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Actually, NinMicroSega, I gotta thank you for reposting the comic! I checked my DA messages - a few hours after you did, I had at least 7 more people fave it! XD Thanks for the DLC love everyone! :3

I'd love to do more - heck, I'd thought of an animatic-video-thing I could scribble out to the tune of "Anything You Can Do" with Sonic VS NiGHTS. XDDDDD BUT life's been stinkin' busy, and I' m not sure I can get it started/finished in time for the campaign... sorry guys! TT^TT

#87149 Don't Forget NiGHTS

Posted by Kori on 17 January 2010 - 11:00 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

A race course through Twin Seeds at night... *swoon*

We still want the character, dagnabbit, but it'd be nice to have SOMETHING out of the box - especially since I have a Wii, Dad and sister have PS3s, and there's not a 360 in sight! XD;; It adds just a bit to my fangirl-rage that this "minor oversight" on some exec's part has robbed me of my chance at playing him, but he still deserves to be included!

Maybe I'll just hold NiGHTS-kun in front of the TV as I play.. XDDD

#87059 Doctor Who

Posted by Kori on 16 January 2010 - 06:05 AM in Community Corner

Oh man, my dad stumbled across this video - obligatory warning for at least one cussword - and for those who've seen the old-school series, IT'S DANG FUNNY. XDDDD

Exterminez-vous! EXTERMINEZ-VOUS!

#87058 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by Kori on 16 January 2010 - 05:53 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Ooooooooo, I have about as much respect for TSSZ and this Tristan guy as I have for another "well-known, well-liked" fanboy..... and that's all I'm gonna say on THAT matter. XP

Kudos to us for sticking it out, and for having affected something, eh DiGi? :P Very encouraging news indeed!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna vent my rather annoying frustration on some WoW yetis who've had it coming for a looooooong time... >D

And actually, ASR is really starting to appeal to me! I can't quite pinpoint what it is, but I just wanted to say, it looks pretty cool...!

#87057 AMV Help.

Posted by Kori on 16 January 2010 - 05:37 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

It's a little tricky to find really wicked quality footage of NiGHTS online - I remember there was a video on the .com, it had all of the cutscenes in better-than-Saturn quality! I'll see if I can find it lurking around here...

As for in-game footage, I made my own using a Pinnacle Dazzle Video Capture thing - a bit pricey, but I was a desperate fangirl! (Sadly, it's vanished from wherever I had it last..... |D ) If you have the funds, I recommend this sort of thing - easy to plug in and go, captures decent video directly from the AV cables, and the AVIs work with Windows Movie Maker!

Of course, I'm hardly an expert on such things.. XD

If I ever find the darned thing, I'll be only too happy to provide clips as well! As for searching online, yeah, Youtube would likely be your best bet. It's not the clearest picture, but it's something. ^^; Unless anyone else has another ideya..?

#86961 NiGHTS stuff on ebay

Posted by Kori on 15 January 2010 - 03:26 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

SQUAWK. I have pictures of her boxart to me too! XD *runs to charge camera battery*

I've been emailing her, and going by the last email she's doing just fine - life's been a bit busy, I suppose. :3 I do believe she's working on other sites, like a fan forum for the band QZoo (or QKumba Zoo). I gotta join that too - GAWD I've gotten lazy! XD;;

Anyway! Pictures! 8D

Posted Image

This is just too adorable. XD

Posted Image

EQPIWUDFJSPIVUHQ98472JED0W9FKWEFJWO PLUSHIE AND COLORING PICTURE AND DOUJIN. *insert fanscreech here* I was totally not expecting these surprises! 8DDD

Posted Image

The triple threat! X3 My fave three plushies out of the...

Posted Image

....... several... that I own. 8D (Mount Wannahuggaplushie!)

Posted Image

Dreams made my dreams come true! <3