Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Danwarb's Content

There have been 9 items by Danwarb (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99961 Contacting Sega about the control problems

Posted by Danwarb on 11 October 2012 - 11:12 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Nice. So at the very least we know it's being looked at.

The reply I recieved:

Thank you for contacting SEGA Europe.

We sincerely appreciate your comments here at SEGA and have passed them on to the developers.

We will be in contact would we need further information.

Thank you again for your feedback

Best regards,

#99949 REMEMBER TO RATE YOUR GAME PURCHASES

Posted by Danwarb on 11 October 2012 - 12:47 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

5 stars, done! You know, I have been playing for a while and I really don't know what is it you mean about the controls. Feels ok to me. Could you elaborate a little? Maybe I got used to it?

If you're used to the 8-way D-Pad it won't be a big deal. The analog stick behaves more like that. It's easier to fly straight now, but responsiveness and fluidity is lost. Draikin made a video comparison in the controls thread.

#99912 Contacting Sega about the control problems

Posted by Danwarb on 10 October 2012 - 06:10 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I used the Sega Europe support link in the OP to ask about the possibility of an update/patch for analog control. The response said they'd passed my comments on to the developers.

#99909 REMEMBER TO RATE YOUR GAME PURCHASES

Posted by Danwarb on 10 October 2012 - 05:38 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

You can't rate without buying on XBL either. Edit: ^^ Oh wow you can. I'd just never tried to.

Done.

#99901 SS Mode

Posted by Danwarb on 10 October 2012 - 03:24 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Brand New Dream is zoomed in a bit. You get more top and bottom in SS mode, I think that's the difference.

#99891 Contacting Sega about the control problems

Posted by Danwarb on 10 October 2012 - 12:10 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Can requests for analog controls from people who've bought the game do anything but demonstrate continued interest?

#99883 So who's buying the game on multiple platforms?

Posted by Danwarb on 09 October 2012 - 07:06 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

360 and waiting on PC. Gave 5 stars in spite of the control changes.

#99882 Contacting Sega about the control problems

Posted by Danwarb on 09 October 2012 - 07:02 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I can't speak for TRiPPY and DiGi of course, but DiGi's post seemed to suggest that this is basically a done deal and that we'll have to live with the controls remaining the way they are. I'd certainly like to hear their opinion about us contacting support. Like I said, I don't see why we shouldn't at least try. I'm also worried about waiting too long before contacting Sega. I fear that the control issues are really going to hurt the replayability of the game, which in turn may cause people to quickly forget about the HD version and dismiss it as a poor port. That's not what I want to see happen.

It's not as enjoyable with direction limited to 45 degree increments, the rigid controls do hurt replay value.

The better the game, the better it is for NiGHTS. Anything that can be done to improve it would be greatly appreciated, but I'm happy to have it.

#99877 Contacting Sega about the control problems

Posted by Danwarb on 09 October 2012 - 02:58 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Hi.

It's a shame this isn't NiGHTS in its best light. The game just isn't as fun to play as the original or PS2 version. It should be possible to at least match analog control from the PS2 game. At present it feels like there's an 8-way DPad under the analog stick. Your direction sticks to up, down, left and right with ~45 degrees of no response either way.

Those magical, smooth controls are a big deal for NiGHTS. It was fun to just fly around in the game. I'm glad there is a HD port and I'll get at least 2 versions. Still, an update/fix would be nice.