Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

RadicalDreamer's Content

There have been 6 items by RadicalDreamer (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99822 Idea for the next NiGHTS game

Posted by RadicalDreamer on 07 October 2012 - 12:42 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I think if they make a Nights sequel, they should definitely keep a lot of JoD. That game may not be the best follow up to a classic, but it had some good ideas.

-Keep missions, but make them like Sonic Adventure. Only the "primary" missions will be required for story completion. The restare for unlockables and 100%.

-Keep the cutscenes, but make them good. JoD had some really good ideas. I liked Nights as a type of Peter Pan character, I LOVED Reala as a trickster, screwing with the kids heads. When Reala went up to Nights in front of Helen and started acting like there was some plan, I thought that was brilliant. Finding out Nights was a Nightmaren was pretty good too. There were very good ideas, that just weren't presented the best way, and lots of details were left out. I think SEGA should hire a good writer, someone with an imagination to match the atmosphere.

-Bring back Into Dreams... Ideya Capture gameplay, I think that's the best. Have Chase Missions and Octopaw missions too, though, as they were also good.

-Personas seemed kind of wasted in JoD, which is ironic because I think tey would have been PERFECT for Into Dreams... I wanted to explore and open up new paths as the dragon and dolphin. But alas, there was hardly anything to do with those forms. With the Ideya Capture though, opening new paths has a benefit because you can find chips you couldn't reach before.

-The kid stages were the weakest part of JoD, but they were relaxing, imo. Keep some form of exlporing levels as kids. I dunno...maybe some sort of SA style Adventure field?

-Nightopian "Chao Garden" would be cool. Maybe even have a Sonic game released nearby with a Chao garden and allow for crossover games and trading. Chao VS Mepian in a Karate match, anyone?

#99769 Which console will you be getting the port for?

Posted by RadicalDreamer on 24 September 2012 - 06:18 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'm getting it for the PS3 and PC. If it was coming out for the Wii I probably would've gotten it for that so I can play it and the sequel on the same console. Alas. :P

#99764 The Magic Vending Machine

Posted by RadicalDreamer on 22 September 2012 - 12:51 PM in Community Corner

You get the ghost of Don LaFontaine (the old movie commercial voice over guy), who follows you around and narrates your life.

I put in my car. >_>

#99763 Hi, there!

Posted by RadicalDreamer on 22 September 2012 - 12:37 PM in Introduce Yourself

Welcome welcome! :) What sort of stuff do you like?

I'm into drawing, writing, that kind of stuff. I love creating, basically. I'm currently majoring in Game Design and Simulation. I think programming is one of the most rewarding creative experience there is. =D

#99750 I've been waiting to play this since 1996

Posted by RadicalDreamer on 19 September 2012 - 07:07 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

So, apparently you guys had something to do with this game getting a re-release. If that's true, I offer my thanks not only to the team behind the port but to you as well. Anyways, I am just so glad to be able to play this game after what, 16 years? As a kid I always wanted to play this, but I never had a Saturn or knew anyone who did.

So I'm just ecstatic that after so long I can finally have a chance to experience this lost piece of my childhood. I enjoyed the Wii game very much, but even that just made me want to play the original even more.

This may be a silly question, given where I am, but is anyone here in the same boat as me? >_> Will the HD remake be anyone else's first time playing the original Nights? Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :P

#99749 Hi, there!

Posted by RadicalDreamer on 19 September 2012 - 07:02 PM in Introduce Yourself

I'm RadicalDreamer, nice to meet you! I was excited about the NightsHD news and one thing lead to another and here I am. This place looks pretty nifty, looking forward to posting here and discussing Nights and other things with all of you. :)

(And yes, my name is a reference to a totally different game franchise, but I thought it'd fit well with the theme of Nights. >_>)