Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

firelord767's Content

There have been 29 items by firelord767 (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#94551 A question asked out of curiousity

Posted by firelord767 on 28 November 2010 - 04:12 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I think of banging my head against the wall. A lot. Partially because the game is rather short, partially because the voice acting drives me nuts, partially because i can't switch said voice acting to Japanese, partially because Pians aren't Chao, but mostly because what is considered an easy, breeze-through game is so difficult for me. A lot of games can draw frustration out of me. You'd be suprised how many. For the same reason, JoD gives me a bit of an empty, incomplete feeling because i just can't finish it. And then there aren't many levels to replay that i can handle (i count 5), and then no one's ever online, so it's also pretty empty. So headaches, frustration, and hollowness. However, if you asked me whether or not i enjoyed it, i'd say i love it. I wish that added up somehow :/

#94427 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by firelord767 on 17 November 2010 - 03:44 AM in Community Corner

I never played Pokemon competitivaley, but to my knowledge, a well brought up Gyrados is powerful and KOs opponents. A Gyrados with increased attack power is scarier, if if it just used Leer or something. At least I have the comfort of knowing that for every PkMn of mine that one kills, i take a little bit of it's HP with me. It might take 2 or 3 Pokemon, but I can chip away at a Gyrados for sure, even if it could take down my entire team if it was 6 one on one battles. Now Gyrados kills one of my team members, and it gets STRONGER?

I'm sure those of us familiar with Pokemon WFC and competitive battles understand the balance of the game better than I, but when you think about Overconfidence Gyrados on it's own, it's awfully threatening. Especially to my run-of-the-mill team, none of which IV raised.

Also, you know that weird yellow thing in the desert place? I dunno it's name, but I saw my friend battle it. He downloaded the game, but I don't have an r4 and hate emulators. Anyway, that thing. He kills every single one he encounters. Never runs. Never catches. Take a look at it's face and then read this paragraph again.

All right, i've made my post, and it consists of a semi-casual player's POV on Overconfidence Gyrados and a n00bish ambition to kill every single one of that yellow desert thing with that odd smile by my friend and me, of course, when i get the game. Intelligent posters, you can have your thread back now.

#94250 NiGHTS Pumpkins

Posted by firelord767 on 03 November 2010 - 02:04 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

At first when i looked at this, i couldn't think of anything that would work to well. And then Reala was mentioned. Reala suits Halloween pretty well. I wonder if any of the forumgoers here were Reala for halloween. Anyway, can't wait for the picture to turn up. I bet it wasn't that bad, even if you are poor with a knife.

#93825 PC Version?

Posted by firelord767 on 11 October 2010 - 06:48 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

With any luck, someone has this lying around somewhere, or it'll turn up like a beta ROM does one day, but for now, it doesn't look to good.

If it is just an emulator and maybe some updated graphics, than odds are it would play just the same as a NiGHTS ROM on a fan emulator anyway, right? It's still a shame that it's not out there right now, though. Youtube doesn't even have vids :/

#93814 Dancing Reala Glitch

Posted by firelord767 on 10 October 2010 - 01:22 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I wonder if this does damage to Reala. I mean, you usually have to paraloop to do damage, but a glitch like this seems awfully convenient, being a dance as opposed to a flickering screen or some sort of camera error, like an Easter Egg or something.

This is a pretty neat find. Makes me wish i had this game to try this for myself. I wonder what compelled whoever made this video to try and drill-dash before the battle. I would've assumed that NiGHTS was frozen and would feel cheated that my drill gauge went down anyway.

#93781 Just me

Posted by firelord767 on 07 October 2010 - 02:55 AM in Introduce Yourself

Welcome Zephyr! How'd you find this place, and/or avoid finding the one NiGHTS fansite for 13 years?

#93736 New Visitor.....

Posted by firelord767 on 03 October 2010 - 02:31 AM in Introduce Yourself

Hello! Welcome!

I wish i had more welcoming things to say...

#93723 Phantasy Star Online 2 Announced!

Posted by firelord767 on 01 October 2010 - 11:37 PM in The NiGHTS Syndicate Group

Wow, a PSO2. I read this thread a while back, and i've been trying to find some other sources to confirm it, but the buzz seems to be about PS Portable 2. A PSP game. w00t. A full-fledged PC sequel (that will hopefully find it's way to the wii)? Thats more like, w00t with one of them fancy dancy upside-down "i"s at the end.

I'm working hard right now to get a Gamecube BBA and a copy of PSOEI&II+ (and maybe replace my lost AV cable so i don't have to play without, ya know, knowing what i'm playing) so i can hook it up to SCHTKED or whatever crazy name that fan server had and play the game online. It's becoming more and more tempting, however, to wait it out and get this. If they do make a wii version and by some miracle, wifi is free, i'll certainly snag it. Of course, if it's not, i gotta wait some more until a PSO2 fan server turns up so i can play for free. I'm still in Middle School and my parents would never, ever pay a monthly fee so i could play some game.

*watches video*

Deja vu. I think they used a nearly identical video for the PSP PSP (PlayStaion Portable Phantasy Star Portable. Interesting). I actually skipped the bulk of the video to make sure that the logo without Portable was there and that it'd say something like "For Windows PC" (hey look, it did!) to confirm that this thread is not a hallucination. Alas, i am looking at a real thread. And i am happy that is so.

#93712 Jackle for NiGHTS 3?

Posted by firelord767 on 01 October 2010 - 01:54 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I think he would make a pretty good final boss if they upped his power a bunch. Maybe an extra final boss in some afterstory, where Wizeman completely looses any control and Jackle kinda just blows stuff up until NiGHTS pwns him or something. Considering that he doesn't appear to have a body, he could be everywhere, somewhere, over there, some crazy paradox location (for example, between you) or nowhere. And what a boss that would be.

#93711 3000 Milestone reached

Posted by firelord767 on 01 October 2010 - 01:51 AM in NiD15

I typed 100,000 of millions? Ahaha i fail.

If i were SEGA, i'd port the game soon as this broke the thousand mark. SEGA is pretty picky by the looks of it, but then again, numbers are a lot bigger to a thirteen-year-old kid than a crazy big Japanese software (make a console darnit!) company, huh.

Maybe a better alternative would be a well thought out collective email like the one for the NiGHTS racer DLC! If that doesn't piss them off to high heavens, we'll be sure to get a port! Alas, it would piss them off to high heavens.

#93650 The Impossible In NiGHTS 3

Posted by firelord767 on 25 September 2010 - 10:52 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

We can combine the "It'd be cool if it asked you questions about what you're scared of" thing and "a NiGHTs RPG would be an interesting" thing to create NiGHTS Mystery Dungeon.

Something else just came to me: ANIME CUTSCENES

#93649 SEGA'S #FSF NiGHTS SWAG

Posted by firelord767 on 25 September 2010 - 10:49 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Hmm... i don't have a Twitter, and i don't live in Europe. I wonder if a member of the site'll get their hands on this sucker.

Also, if this is a Sampler, does that mean that the music is different from the tracks in the final game? I bet this CD has a an old version of Dreams Dreams with different lyrics that fully explains how to find the secret NiGHTS 3 hidden in SADX Pinball. OK, maybe not, but if the music is different (time to google what "Sampler" means xD) it might prove to contain some valuable information if we're lucky, like if they overhauled a song or something.

#93647 3000 Milestone reached

Posted by firelord767 on 25 September 2010 - 10:41 PM in NiD15

3,000... thats an awful lot of people.

But they're probably looking for 100,000s of millions? Ouch, i oughta start linking! Also, if we keep at this rate, it'll take 7 months to reach 10,000. Seven months from now... that's April.

#93592 The Impossible In NiGHTS 3

Posted by firelord767 on 21 September 2010 - 10:55 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'd like a free flight mode. No Marens, no chips, no rings, etc. Nothing but a giant area and space to fly. In other words I guess I'm asking for another hub world. Perhaps a vast area in a setting that looks like outer space with nothing but doors to different dreams floating around waiting for you to open them.

You can take down polls? I never knew that. I think I need to make more threads. :lol:

I'm making assumptions based on what i can do on a MyBB forum. Who knows if i can!

And while i'm here, i just just have to say that that's a great idea. But how would the doors into dreams thing work? That went right past me. Another hub world, right?

EDIT: Of course it's a hub world, you kinda, ya know, said it in the post. Oops. *hits side of head*

#93562 The Impossible In NiGHTS 3

Posted by firelord767 on 20 September 2010 - 10:34 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I don't know that the poll is really necessary to have in this topic. The topic stands alone on its own with the question asking what you'd want to see in a new NiGHTS game, if there were a new NiGHTS game.

There is, however, another topic similar to this, found here -> http://www.nightsint...?showtopic=3388

I'll leave this one open for now, seeing as the other one is a bit old.. but there's some good material in there.

If you want me to take down the poll, i can.

#93544 The Impossible In NiGHTS 3

Posted by firelord767 on 20 September 2010 - 12:59 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Have you ever thought about what would be so totally awesome in NiGHTS 3, but then suddenly realized that SEGA can't/won't do it for whatever reason? If you have an account on this forum, i can only assume that you do.

Please post 'em!

My boring 2 cents (In White so that you don't have to read):
All i have is way more complicated version of My Dream that SEGA would probably won't want to do because it's quite complex. First off, Pians don't breed like nuts. Second, you can name them by bringing them to owl. Nightmaren do not try to kill you nor eat Pians while in My Dream, and are not killed buy blue chips. They can be raised just like Pians. Now we get complicated- let's make Blue Chips money while inside the My Dream world, instead of food. You can buy food that upps the stats of your Nightmaren and Pians akin to the stat system in the Tiny Chao Garden. You can also buy structures instead of relying on Pians to make them and Nightmaren to break them. The stats aid them in different games akin to the minigames in SA2. Also, there is more than just Nightmare and Pians you can get, but also other things that live in Nightopias like Awakers, Octopaws (there can't JUST be one, right?) and even Omochao's Navi's OWL's friends and family (like what i said about Octopaw). The kids would also have a way to bring Pians and such into the My Dream so that Awakers are gettable.
^There's my crazy NiGHTS 3 impossible hope. What do you guys have?

EDIT: Threads are allowed to have polls outside of the Poll section has long as they are not the focus, right?

#93541 NiGHTs in Games TM

Posted by firelord767 on 20 September 2010 - 12:32 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

here we are: http://tehexile.lowt...09_12130003.jpg

I'm not convinced 'visceral' works in the same paragraph as 'floaty'.

Oh, thanks for linking me!

I wonder whats bigger: the fact that it gets it's own blurb or it's own cover?

#93540 You know you've played too much NiGHTS when....

Posted by firelord767 on 20 September 2010 - 12:28 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

-When you almost scream "NOOOOOOOOOO! DON'T DIE ON ME NOW, HELEN!" when the church bells go off. *GUiLTY ALMOST 3 HOURS AGO*
-When you buy JoD because you played NiGHTS PiNBALL on SPP 5 days straight and want to fly. *GUiLTY*
-When you go lucid once (hey, i'm trying for more) just so you can fly like NiGHTS *GUiLTY*
-When you pull your hair out when you notice that the NiGHTS into Dreams... wiki only has 60 pages *GUiLTY EVERY FREAKiN DAY*
-When you send a PM to TRAViS thanking him for buying the beta way back when even though you don't even know who he is *GUiLTY AND STiLL WAiTING FOR A RESPONSE*
-When you type NiGHTSintodreams.com into your web browser and hope that SEGA owns the domain and has awesomeness there *GUiLTY... AND THUS i FiND THiS PLACE*

#93528 Hey all you people

Posted by firelord767 on 19 September 2010 - 02:54 AM in Introduce Yourself

As soon as i'm SURE that the thread is dead, you all storm in! Sorry i haven't check in...

@TRiPPY- Thank you for welcoming me to your forums. You did a great job!

@Penelopi- I actually nagged a copy 2 days ago for ten bucks at gamestop used. I imagine it was the last one, but i wasn't there. My mom had to get it kaws i was at track. Apparently, she actually kinda just grabbed a game, and coincidence of coincidences, it had a Purple Jester on the cover. That kinda luck is insane.

And i am now apparently part of the fanbase. Without an initiation. Good. I'll never drink your mystery liquid. Thanks!

@Daru- hi!

#93527 Theories and Mysteries of JoD

Posted by firelord767 on 18 September 2010 - 10:08 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I read through all of this, and what i found most intriguing was the "To Brainwash or not to Brainwash", "Jackle's Creation", and "What First Level Nightmaren are made of." It makes perfect sense that 1st-Level Nightmaren would be made of humans, considering that Wizehand at least claims that he can take a body and change it's soul ("If you had only accepted my offer to accept a new soul, your body could have lived on..."). However, then why would Wizehand make the mistake of discarding Helen into the void (which became Bellbridge... oops)? It doesn't make much sense that he wouldn't try to use Helen to create a new First Leveler, considering that under the circumstances, NiGHTS would probably end being destroyed by Wizehand (as far as he plans, anyway), so he'd want the supplies to at least make another, right? Perhaps they have to loose their Ideya first. Notice how NiGHTS has no Ideya, and how rather than destroying her, Wizehand knocked out her Ideya and let her fall. We have no proof that there is a floor down there, do we? She'd kinda just fall farther into the void, huh?

In addition, "What I have created I can just as easily destroy", if not considered a bluff, can be a kind of backfireish proof twards the fact that making NiGHTS was hard. Can Wizehand beat NiGHTS that easily? No. So creating him is just as hard as defeating him. Of course, NiGHTS was created, so he still should be destroyable. That brings up the theory that it takes eons to make 1st-Level Nightmaren. Then it must take eons to destroy them, furthering why Jackle was never destroyed in NiD. So is THAT why he's gone in JoD? If so, he must be the first 1st Leveler. Perhaps he's the reason why NiGHTS and Reala were created as separate beings- too many positive traits in one being leads to extreme instability, which Wizeman was unaware of.

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to bump, so i'm just gonna pray that i don't get jumped by the staff and... *flinches*

#93526 NiGHTs in Games TM

Posted by firelord767 on 18 September 2010 - 09:08 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I don't think we have the article tho....

You know, the blurb about NiGHTS. Everyone seems to know it's there, but no one knows what it says.

#93508 NiGHTs in Games TM

Posted by firelord767 on 18 September 2010 - 04:13 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

He HAS the thing? Can you ask him to scan the article please?

I don't think anyone could get their hands on this before! Nice find!

#93417 Jackle Chao!

Posted by firelord767 on 15 September 2010 - 10:49 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

It is a very Jackleish chao if you do get an Orange Egg and get a sinister smile out of it, all you have to do is some raising. But hatching that chao is hard, and on the Gamecube, the egg contents are pre-determined, so you can't just hatch and reset if you want to try again unless your willing to go through the breeding process or get an egg again. Throw a two-tone desire into the mix and you've got some trouble.

It's kinda funny how SEGA makes a scorpion chao and then everyone suddenly puts it together with Jackle. I guess it's those horns and relation to the Basic NiGHTS Chao, huh?

Or maybe the reason it's red when raised from a natural two-tone (is that the term for a normal egg you find in the garden at first?) is because IT'S A SELPH CHAO *shot*

I should make me one of these, but when i get my Orange egg, first priority is getting an orange two-tone and getting me an Elf Chao so i an pretend to have a Tails Chao :3

#93404 NiGHTS 3?

Posted by firelord767 on 15 September 2010 - 02:33 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

One of the interesting things here is that while 2 dots make a line, 3 make a pattern. While there's a lot to suggest one, a NiGHTS 3 would be the one to finally establish a NiGHTS formula, which means that it'll have to be really good and inventive, and keep all of those lost goodies from the Saturn. If the next game has 2 kids who face problems with what they do, which happen to be music and sports, and they both travel to Nightopia, have a Red Ideya, dualize with NiGHTS all the time, go through 3 dreams and then a shared dream of the hometown, and then kick Wizehand's butt, then the next few NiGHTS games, if the series does pick up again, would more than likely be this repetitive. If we go farther than a NiGHTS 3, and you guys want to see previous dreamers in the games, even as supporting characters rather than the players, you better hope that happens in NiGHTS 3.

#93403 What gender are you, and how do you see NiGHTS?

Posted by firelord767 on 15 September 2010 - 02:27 AM in Poll Area

I always found NiGHTS as a boy. In all his cameos in the sonic games i've collected over the years, it never seemed to occur to me that NiGHTS could possibly be a girl. He doesn't exactly have anything particularly feminine about him minus the long eyelashes he got in JoD, but eyelashes? Really?

Thats why I call NiGHTS a boy, and thats why i voted that thats how i see NiGHTS. It's very important to be distinctive about seeing, though. The way NiGHTS seems to work is that he makes all sorts of changes to himself depending on whose dream he's in. It isn't necessarily genderal and such, but also things like that vest in JoD, and other things of that sort. I see NiGHTS as a boy, but i would never argue that he's solely a boy, and if i ever had to leave my dreams with him to enter someone elses like in the games (i wish), i'd have to accept that he changes depending on whose dreaming. But if no one is dreaming, but rather the fanbase is talking, i use He because that's what he'd be in my dreams if he ever were to enter them. Which would be totally awesome.

EDIT: Also, Reala always struck me as a female, but thats just from art I've seen, considering that i've yet to get a copy of JoD.