Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

OvErLoRd's Content

There have been 19 items by OvErLoRd (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#94426 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by OvErLoRd on 17 November 2010 - 03:24 AM in Community Corner

Just want to stress how absolutely amazing the game is. Everything about it is better in every way from Gen 4. The graphics, the designs, and the battles, among others.

AND OH MY GOD THE MUSIC ;-;

It's the music that Gen 4. should have had. I often find myself turning on my DS just to hear the music from the battles play.

Competitive-wise, Gen 5 brought so many changes to the game that I can't even begin to list them here. So many of the new Pokémon are just so fun to use, and the new mind games created this generation are intense. Old players will adapt, but it may take a while since a lot of the new Pokés are quite powerful (like the Burungeru+Nattorei combo, these things are beasts) and have seen more use than a lot of the top-used Pokés from fourth gen.

Also, the still-unreleased Dream World abilities change up the game completely; if ever all of the Dream World abilities are released in-game, wifi battling will take a turn for the even more intense. Shanderaa (a new ghost/fire type with a base 145 sp. attack stat) receives Shadow Tag and incredibly many opportunities to abuse it, while Gyarados receives Overconfidence, a new ability which boosts its attack every time it KOes and opponent, just to name a couple of Pokés who get incredible boosts this gen.

Yeah, I love 5th gen.

#93059 Does anyone actually like JoD better?

Posted by OvErLoRd on 24 August 2010 - 06:46 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I got into the NiGHTS series because of JoD, and only found out about NiD after that, so JoD will always hold a place in my heart as my personal favorite.

And what also helps is that IMO there's a shortage of good games for the Wii. Journey of Dreams is easily one of the best games on the system, so I find myself playing it a bunch, and I think that each time I play it I like it a bit more.

...It's kinda hard to put into words how awesome playing JoD is (for me)~

#92724 "Sonic Colors" announced!

Posted by OvErLoRd on 07 August 2010 - 06:23 PM in Community Corner

So the US's release date is Nov. 16th, as revealed by the page with the new trailer... but apparently the UK gets it Nov. 12th, 4 days earlier.

It's your revenge for us Americans getting Mario Galaxy 2 earlier, isn't it~ (of course, I didn't and won't ever care as much about Mario as I do for any Sonic game)

But in all seriousness, I am PSYCHED for this game. This may not be a Day One purchase for me, as I most likely won't have $50 bucks on hand, so I'll need to take time to save up. I'll be getting it as soon as I can though. (Hmmm... maybe I should wait for Christmas and get it as a present...)

#92723 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by OvErLoRd on 07 August 2010 - 06:15 PM in Community Corner

According to Pokébeach, these scans are definitely real.

Posted Image

-Shikijika is a Normal / Grass-type (as revealed in the previous update) and changes its color depending on the in-game season.

-In the spring Shikijika is pink (like the official Ken Sugimori artwork), in the summer it is green, in the fall it is orange, and in the winter it is brown.

-There will be a new in-game season each month of the real year, meaning three seasons a year.

-As seen on the bottom of the scan, the color of Isshu’s terrain changes depending on the season as well.

Aaaannddd....

Posted Image

-Aloe is the Gym Leader of Shippou City (シッポウシティ).

-The city could be named after a religious Buddhist term for the “Seven Precious Treasures,” being Gold, Silver, Pearls, Agate, Crystal, Coral, and Lapis Lazuli. Some of these have been game namesakes to boot. It can also be named after “Cloisonne,” which is enamel work (”enamelware in which colored areas are separated by thin metal strips”). So the city may deal in religion or art (or perhaps uses the metal from that religious term for the enamel work). Considering Aloe is wearing a big apron, she might be a cloisonne ware maker. But none of this is confirmed yet of course!

-Speaking of which, an “aloe” is an African flower.

#92700 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by OvErLoRd on 07 August 2010 - 07:59 AM in Community Corner

New Pokes? Apparently, they were revealed at a bus tour in Japan.

Posted Image

Emonga – Flying Squirrel Pokemon. Type is Electric / Flying. Ability is Static

Gigaiasu – High Pressure Pokemon. Type is Rock. Ability is Sturdy.

Emonga could very well be that flying squirrel of a Pachirisu evo that some people have been waiting for.

#92679 Pokemon movies

Posted by OvErLoRd on 06 August 2010 - 04:52 AM in Community Corner

Huge Pokmon fan here, be warned. XD

Before I watched the movies, I loved the games so much that I was 100% sure I would love the movies and the anime.

Oh how wrong I was~

Even then, I like to watch the movies JUST because they're Pokmon; it's also fun to laugh at how bad the movies can get. I've watched every single movie now, and it consistently amazes me how the movies continue to decline in quality. (I've heard reports about the newest Pokmon movie - the one that's not been released outisde of Japan yet - and how it's supposed to be terrible.)

I've gotta do something about this addiction of mine; pressuring myself to watch horrible movies for the lulz can't be good for me. :)

#92642 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by OvErLoRd on 05 August 2010 - 01:27 AM in Community Corner

Thank goodness I got a new DS recently. I can use my horribly scratched old DS for this! :) Do you have a friend whose DS you could borrow?

I certainly hope so, XD. Hopefully they can tear themselves away from Call of Duty long enough to lend a DS to a friend in need. (Speaking of which, that's the ONLY game everyone plays, Call of Duty. It's fun, but... not THAT fun.)

I'll just let them know that if ever they get Black or White, I'd be willing to let them use my DS, and hopefully that'll encourage them to do the same for me~

#92625 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by OvErLoRd on 04 August 2010 - 02:41 AM in Community Corner

Green Day - the whole 21st Century Breakdown album.

It's been a while since I've listened to it, and it reminded me why Green Day is one of my favorite bands. :(

...Actually, scratch that, they are my favorite band~

#92624 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by OvErLoRd on 04 August 2010 - 02:38 AM in Community Corner

I'm feeling sick right now, and I don't want to type my opinion on this all over again, so I'll just copy and paste from a different forum which I posted on.

The new PokéShifter minigame is used for transferring Pokémon over from D/P/Pt/HG/SS over to Black and White, and, according to Serebii, two DSes are required. Now I have to go beg my godbrother to use his DS, as nobody else in my immediate family has one, nor do I have the money (or permission, lol) to buy another. I know there's no way around it, but I couldn't help but hold on to the slim chance that migrating would only require one DS... until now.

Anywho, it's quite like Pal Park, where you transfer 6 Pokémon at a time over to Black or White from the boxes in the 4th gen games. It appears that there is a minigame involved in recapturing the Pokémon; you "use a bow which shoots out Pokéballs to try and capture them". Also according to Serebii, there is a time limit for this game.

Source

;_; I never liked having to recapture the Pokémon that I've already obtained in a different game, and I dislike pointless minigames even more. Especially ones with a time limit. Add that to the fact that two DSes are required, and I can now say that I'm going to hate doing this. I would avoid doing it, but the sad part is that I'll probably need to use some of my previously trained Pokés in tournaments and stuff, so I'll be needing to do this. I won't enjoy it, though~

#92460 Inception

Posted by OvErLoRd on 26 July 2010 - 10:34 PM in Community Corner

Just watched "Inception" last night... it was kind of confusing (I see where all the Matrix comparisons came from now), but it was really entertaining. It was incredible how they managed to build such a complex story out of seemingly ordinary happenings (such as the kick, and dreaming in general).

Everything delivered; all of the 3-D movies that I've seen thus far (with the exception of Avatar) still can't hold a candle to the effects in Inception, and the soundtrack was fittingly intense. The story was excellent too, even with the cliffhanger.

It frustrates me, yet I love it nonetheless~ I know the producers wanted us to speculate on what actually happened, though I still would like to have seen a definite ending.

I can't recommend this movie enough. Christopher Nolan really delivers; more so than he did two years ago with his already-excellent "Dark Knight".

#92446 Pixar

Posted by OvErLoRd on 25 July 2010 - 06:38 PM in Community Corner

*picture*

Too true~

I avoid Shrek at all costs, so I don't know about Forever After. I don't expect much from Shrek...

Shrek isn't THAT bad as a whole; the last two movies weren't good at all but the first movie was awesome, and the second was decent. I recommend giving them a shot; even if they're not Pixar-level masterpieces, they're still better than a whole lot of other animated pieces of junk.

#92445 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by OvErLoRd on 25 July 2010 - 06:33 PM in Community Corner

Looks a bit too much like a Digimon for my tastes, XD.

But yeah, it is pretty cute - here's hoping it can pack a punch as well.

#92433 Pixar

Posted by OvErLoRd on 25 July 2010 - 06:49 AM in Community Corner

Also, Pixar faces some stiff competition in my mind from Dreamworks! I've hated everything from the company before (though Monster vs. Aliens was tolerable), but "How to Train Your Dragon" is easily my favourite Computer-animated film. It's pretty, it's funny, it's dramatic, it's just very good. If they can top that, Pixar might no longer hold the monopoly on my CGI interests.

I can't really agree with you there... "Shrek: Forever After" was an abomination imho. In my eyes, DreamWorks only made two standout movies - (the original) "Shrek" and the aforementioned "How to Train Your Dragon".

I honestly don't think Pixar needs to be worried about much competition at all.

On a more related note, I loved ALL of Pixar's movies. I know I'm going to be killed for this, but Cars is my favorite Pixar movie of all time, with Wall-E coming in a close second. Up was also a really good film.

So glad Cars is getting a sequel. So glad~

#92432 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by OvErLoRd on 25 July 2010 - 06:42 AM in Community Corner

If Tsutaja is indeed #494 in the Natl. Dex, then they're gonna have to change where Bikutini is in the dex. After all, Arceus is already #493.

Here's where things start to get interesting XD

#92430 The 20 mostly-played Wii Games

Posted by OvErLoRd on 25 July 2010 - 06:20 AM in Community Corner

Here is the List.

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 76:39
2. Animal Crossing - 71:38
3. Harvest Moon: Animal Parade - 57:30
4. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 57:11
5. Monster Hunter Tri - 56:08
6. Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility - 51:16
7. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn - 51:14
8. Call of Duty: World at War - 50:53
9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition - 49:33
10. Rune Factory Frontier - 47:55
11. Rock Band 2 - 47:49
12. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 47:20
13. Lego Star Wars - 46:48
14. WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 - 43:27
15. Tales of Symphonia: DotNW - 40:28
16. Mario Kart Wii - 38:57
17. Wii Sports - 38:36
18. Guitar Hero: World Tour - 37:14
19. FIFA Soccer 09 All-Play - 37:11
20. WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - 35:12

MORE INFORMATION, please visit Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/55...loved-wii-games

I have to agree with this list. My most played game on Wii was FOR SURE Smash Bros =D

Brawl WOULD be my most played game, but it doesn't work online for some reason. I can do friend matches just fine, but try to find a random match on my Wii and nothing comes up. I don't think it's the time that I'm on... my friend can go on at the same time on his Wii and connect to a match almost instantly.

Also, no Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (or JoD, even if it didn't sell that well) on the list, while stuff like FIFA Soccer and WWE Smackdown vs. Raw make it on? Some of these people have no taste. D:

#92428 Hey all~

Posted by OvErLoRd on 25 July 2010 - 06:01 AM in Introduce Yourself

Welcome! I love your sig. :lol:

Thanks. =D

I assume you've heard of the NiD15 campaign that we have going. If that works out, you might be able to get the original NiGHTS! :D

Yup, I've already cast my vote, and I'm anxiously awaiting it. The sad thing is that I don't own an Xbox or a PS3, but hey, I'll get a friend to download it :D

#92427 When was the last time you played?

Posted by OvErLoRd on 25 July 2010 - 05:55 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I'm playing JoD right now, in fact.

Darn those frustrating on-foot missions; maybe I should go play some link challenges instead. :lol:

#92425 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by OvErLoRd on 25 July 2010 - 05:41 AM in Community Corner

Apparently, Bikutini is #0000 in the Isshu Pokédex~

Weird.

#92391 Hey all~

Posted by OvErLoRd on 23 July 2010 - 08:29 PM in Introduce Yourself

So ayup, I'm OvErLoRd (also from the SSMB), I'm new and I've got a little story to tell, and a few confessions to make.

I used to love NiGHTS. I was a lot younger when I first played NiGHTS (I actually never owned the game as I never owned a Saturn, just played a friend's copy), and the experience was something else (read with positive connotation XD). But being my usual younger self, I quickly grew impatient and tired of waiting for the next NiGHTS game, so much so that I practically gave up being a NiGHTS fan. Journey of Dreams came out, and I ignored it because I didn't want to go down that same road.

My sister apparently didn't feel the same way I did, so she picked up JoD one day and brought it home. Whenever she played it, I would leave the room... until one day, she left her game in the Wii, (and yes this is the worst way ever to rediscover a fandom :lol:), and I was too lazy to change games to whatever else I would play. So I decided, "what the hey, I'll give the game a go."

And I was hooked. Again. Even if the experience wasn't the same as that of the original NiGHTS when I first played it, it was still spectacular. The music, graphics, everything was incredible.

Recently, I've been trying to ease myself back into the world of NiGHTS. I ended up buying the game from my sister as she grew tired of it, and then ended up here after lurking for a while.

... hope to get to know you all on the forums!~