Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Moriarty's Content

There have been 43 items by Moriarty (Search limited from 17-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#16182 Back in mah day....

Posted by Moriarty on 10 September 2007 - 01:57 AM in Community Corner

I loved and still love the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. That, I most surely can say, is the best sitcom in existance.

Uncle Phil, The Shredder, etc.

#13272 NiGHTS's Age

Posted by Moriarty on 26 August 2007 - 08:48 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Is time in the dream world entirely linear? Is time a fabrication of the dreamer? There's a lot we don't know.

#13233 Back in mah day....

Posted by Moriarty on 26 August 2007 - 06:39 AM in Community Corner

My favorites would have to be Batman: The Animated Series, followed closely by Batman Beyond. Why don't they make shows like that anymore? Shows that aren't afraid to have their own style (Dark Deco for the win), don't assume their target audience (kids) are complete idiots, have an amazing musical score, glorious voice acting, solid stories, and generally aren't some cheap 21-minute toy commercial imported from Japan. If you want some prime examples of what I'm talking about, go watch Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker. American animation at it's finest.

Oh, for the 90s again.

#13173 DAY 4 - REALA REVEALED

Posted by Moriarty on 26 August 2007 - 01:45 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I have a plan to get JoD super-fast! I'm going to design a time machine to take me forward to JoD's released date. It will take approximately 3-4 months to plan it, but by then I should be able to get it instantly! :huh:

DeLorean, plutonium, 88 mph. Enjoy.

#13141 DAY 4 - REALA REVEALED

Posted by Moriarty on 25 August 2007 - 11:34 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Gryphon Reala.

#13120 A Suicidal Thought

Posted by Moriarty on 25 August 2007 - 10:16 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

FUNNY THOUGHT; Where do enemies that get paralooped go, anyway? :angry:

Perhaps there's some sort of Pokemon center for Nightmaren?

#13094 DAY 4 - REALA REVEALED

Posted by Moriarty on 25 August 2007 - 08:11 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Reala with "his" voice. Interesting idea.

I'd like to see Jackle back with the Joker's voice from Batman: The Animated Series myself. There's no voice better suited for maniacal laughter, in my opinion.

#12825 NiGHTS' voice and Music

Posted by Moriarty on 25 August 2007 - 06:33 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Hm, not terribly impressed with the voice. I always thought a cooler, more subdued, and less feminine tone would suit him/her/it better. As others have stated though, it could be so much worse. As for the music, I can't make it out in great detail, but I like what I hear. Not too far off from what we're used to.

#12780 DAY 3 MORE EXCITING NEWS FROM GERMANY

Posted by Moriarty on 25 August 2007 - 02:26 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I'm more curious as to the purpose of these keys and cages, and whether or not Ideya is still a part of this. It doesn't bother me if it isn't, as long as it's a fun game, but I am wondering.

#12651 Attention Watchmen fans!

Posted by Moriarty on 24 August 2007 - 06:48 PM in Community Corner

It is? I was pretty sure you could get it in almost any comic store, and most large book stores here...

Really? Haven't seen it in months, though it's entirely possible I'm just not looking hard enough. I wonder what the availability is like in the UK compared to here...

Anyway, Kilo makes a good point. I'm glad Snyder is so dedicated to the original book, but just because something works well in one medium, doesn't mean it's going to go over well in another; and frankly, I can't really see Watchmen working in any other format. I hope I'm wrong. Guess we'll see in 2009.

#12507 Attention Watchmen fans!

Posted by Moriarty on 24 August 2007 - 02:37 AM in Community Corner

TRiPPY: If you want to be inspired, Watchmen is the graphic novel for you. It should be required reading for any aspiring comic writer. (It's a rather hard to find comic nowadays, I can provide .cbrs if you like. Not trying to facilitate illegal downloading or anything, but it's not exactly something you'll come across without a fair amount of looking, or getting it from ebay)

As for the movie, I'm extremely skeptical. I can't imagine cramming a story like Watchmen into a single motion picture without it being a trainwreck. The fact that Alan Moore doesn't want his name anywhere near the thing makes me even more wary.

#12303 Fake Rumor Chain!

Posted by Moriarty on 22 August 2007 - 11:33 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Turns out it's Sonic Cult...

#12102 Fake Rumor Chain!

Posted by Moriarty on 21 August 2007 - 08:45 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

...and since they can't drive, they didn't notice that the waaaambulance is actually Doc Brown's DeLorean. It hits 88 mph...

#12052 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Moriarty on 21 August 2007 - 06:10 AM in Community Corner

Bad Religion - Infected

#11985 Fake Rumor Chain!

Posted by Moriarty on 20 August 2007 - 11:22 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

After which, they spend the next five games on Namek.

#11941 Fake Rumor Chain!

Posted by Moriarty on 20 August 2007 - 03:04 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

So instead the new dreamers will be Donald and Goofy.

That has to be the most frightening one so far. Even worse than Curiosity Inc's.

#11936 Top 10 Fav Artists

Posted by Moriarty on 20 August 2007 - 12:46 AM in Community Corner

I can't really rank them or come up with a favorite ten. I enjoy all of my music, and my "favorites" depend on the mood I'm in. Here are a bunch of the artists I enjoy, in no particular order.

The Police
Bad Religion
Incubus
Pink Floyd
Zeromancer
Alice in Chains
Nirvana
Faith No More
Pearl Jam
The Pillows
Gorillaz
Prodigy
Fiona Apple
Dave Brubeck
Spyro Gyra
Ryan Farish
Nightwish
Trans-Siberian Orchestra

and plenty of others.

#11919 PS3 and X-Box 360 Games

Posted by Moriarty on 19 August 2007 - 08:47 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Erm, what?

I echo that sentiment. Why on earth does it matter which console it comes out for, as long as it's actually a decent game? What you're essentially saying is that if a NiGHTS game is made for the 360 or PS3, then it's automatically some blasphemous slap in the face to Yuji Naka simply because it has good graphics; or that it's some great betrayal to the fans for a NiGHTS game to be on anything other than Wii.

That, my friend, is a heaping load of bovine excrement. Take your Nintendo fanaticism down a notch or nine, for god sakes. I don't care what platform a NiGHTS game is for, as long as it's enjoyable and true to the original.

#11915 Lag? :(

Posted by Moriarty on 19 August 2007 - 08:23 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Slaughter time.

#11781 Download or from the shops?

Posted by Moriarty on 18 August 2007 - 03:59 PM in Community Corner

Torrents, Limewire, eMule, whatever's free.

#11764 Who is your favourite comicbook character

Posted by Moriarty on 18 August 2007 - 02:34 PM in Community Corner

Rorschach.

A short, smelly, poor, ugly little man with a black-and-white moral perspective and psychological complexes a-plenty, surrounded by a world that loathes him, and he becomes the terror of the underworld. Batman's got nothing on him.

#11717 DARiA's drawings album

Posted by Moriarty on 18 August 2007 - 03:21 AM in Creative Stuff!

I'm impressed as well. Can't wait to see more.

#11069 N:JoD Merchandise

Posted by Moriarty on 12 August 2007 - 10:39 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

There's no Gamestop in Sweden ;__; Dammit.

I'd mail you one, but the postage from here to Sweden would probably be ridiculous. Say, what kind of blasphemous country are you running over there that doesn't have a GameStop, anyway?

#10911 Reala's Voice Actor

Posted by Moriarty on 10 August 2007 - 11:32 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Ah-nuld.

#10638 Demotivational Posters

Posted by Moriarty on 09 August 2007 - 04:13 AM in Creative Stuff!

Posted Image