Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Beautiful Nightmare's Content

There have been 21 items by Beautiful Nightmare (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#96293 If you could describe NiGHTS in 6 words or less...

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 30 April 2011 - 11:31 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Carefree, curious, mischievous, kind, neutral(as in, not really good or evil), and a little chaotic(as in, her disregard for rules).

#95965 Does anyone actually like JoD better?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 12 March 2011 - 11:09 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Well, yes, but I don't believe that's a direction SEGA would actually send NiGHTS in. Of course, I do agree that it could probably be good, but I don't know if it would fit the feel of NiGHTS and the Dream World. And, it's not the species or such that determines what kind of story they can pull off, it's the character. Sonic is a character that, though sharing the same kind and carefree spirit as NiGHTS, has a slightly different way of pulling it off. Plus, a lot of the seriousness in Sonic seems to be to attract more fans and make an awesome game to compete in the market, while NiGHTS is more for nostalgia and fun, and is trying to keep the fun and colorful vibe from the first game. I'm not saying it could happen, and I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just saying that it's probably not something SEGA would do if they made another NiGHTS game. Considering the second game was made almost a decade after the first, we might not get much but cameos for the next few years anyway. I mean, if you think about it, the creators didn't really even want to make a second, but they did largely based on fan demand. So, yea, if you want seriousness for NiGHTS, you'd be best reading some sort of fanfiction because I don't think it's likely that anything official will have that serious vibe. Of course, I could be wrong, but I'm just saying how I see it.

Do you know that one of the(relatively important) guys at SEGA said that he wanted to make NiGHTS 3, right?
A third game coming soon is not so impossible as you make it look like, seriously dude.

And the NiGHTS series is not about nostalgia. JoD was about it because it came after 10 years(it tryed to 'imitate' the first game to give us the feeling of nostalgia), but if they decide to make a third game soon(and not after 8 or more years), they won't need to give a feeling of nostalgia again. Instead, they will have the chance to improve the NiGHTS-verse, and turn the story more 'complex' and interesting.

#95942 Does anyone actually like JoD better?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 09 March 2011 - 08:53 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Well, that may be true, but NiGHTS isn't a very serious character, carefree and spirited, so a serious story would not work well for the character. Then again, I guess that might just be my opinion. I'm not saying that there isn't potential, I'm saying that NiGHTS wouldn't fit well in a serious story. If you're looking for a serious story, you should look for fanfiction, write your own, or look at another game because NiGHTS probably isn't going to get serious any time soon.

You misunderstands. I'm not saying the story should be completelly serious, I'm saying that it could be a little more serious than what we have seen so far.
Maybe add Visitors with more serious problems, or let us know some of the things NiGHTS did while working for Wizeman(instead of just telling us she is a Maren, and leaving it like that)...

If they could give us a 'serious' story about a mere hedgehog, why couldn't they do the same about a living nightmare?

#95939 Does anyone actually like JoD better?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 09 March 2011 - 07:46 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Having a serious feel would work for Sonic, but NiGHTS is a different character, so it wouldn't quite work the same way.

Are you kidding me? She is a friggin nightmare, there's a lot of potential for a more serious story!
I particullary would like to see it. Or at least, see NiGHTS showing some of her dark-side(she is still a Maren after all, and the official manual says she is not exactly "good").

#95324 Darker Nights?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 25 January 2011 - 02:45 AM in Poll Area

Maybe even one day succumb back to the dark side after some seducing from Reala, who I imagine her incredibly close to.

I would like to see that.

I like the idea that there is a dark side of NiGHTS that no one but the Nightmarens know about and NiGHTS won't speak of.

Me too.

#95301 Dancing Reala Glitch

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 22 January 2011 - 07:36 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Is she having an epileptic attack or something? lol

Very funny.

#94972 A Question

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 23 December 2010 - 05:38 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

First off, did you play JoD first? If so, then, I can understand why you think this...

Unfortunately I couldn't play NiD when it came out, but I saw many videos of it at the time, and allways saw NiGHTS as a girl(slender and non-muscular body, pink on it's clothes, big eyelashes... It was all there from the start, dude).

BUT

NiD, there was no voice for NiGHTS. And its chracteristics were less feminine.

Less feminine how? Why do you think so? Could you be a little more specific?

Also, NiGHTS actions aren't as so completely feminine as you seem to think. There are some very masculine traits to NiGHTS that, if you play the games again thinking young boy I believe you will see. Er, unless you "wanted it to be a girl, for whataver reason, and put in their heads that it was a girl(in a type of self mental conditioning) until they saw it like that."

Just a reminder not to be so rude.

1) Again with the vagueness... What "very masculine traits" do you see in the character? Show me.

2) I didn't want to be rude or disrespect anyone, I just expressed my opinion about something I don't understand(and I clearly said that I didn't understand it). But sorry if I offended anyone.

3) Well, I wasn't talking about NiGHTS actions perse, only the way she looks and sounds. So it looks like your rude and smartass comeback failed miserably. But nice try.

This is a valid topic, and I'm not a moderator, but I don't want you to get in trouble. Believe me, I've been in trouble before and it's not fun.

Thankyou for the support dude. And again, I didn't want to offend anyone, it was only my personal opinion of something I have little understanding about.
That's why I am here... To try understanding why other people see it differently.

#94970 A Question

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 23 December 2010 - 02:35 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Before anything else... Yes, I know NiGHTS is genderless, and yes, I know you know it too. However, many people still see her as a boy(or girl) in their heads, and this thread is for the people who see her as a "he".

Okay... I'm pretty sure I'll probably be flamed for this thread, but I cannot take it anymore. I need to understand this:

How the fu*k can you look at a flamboyant jester who uses a purple and pink outfit, have big eyelashes, a slender and non-muscular body, a female voice, and every other feminine archetype known to mankind... And see a boy?!
By the way, I understand that NiGHTS can be considered a VERY gay/feminine guy, but giving the fact that we can see her as either gender(inside our heads), it isn't more logical to see her as, instead of a very feminine guy, just a female already?

So that's it. I just want to understand why/how so many people see it as a guy.
Personaly, I think some people wanted it to be a guy, for whataver reason, and put in their heads that it was a guy(in a type of self mental conditioning) until they saw it like that. Why? Because I cannot understand for the life of me, how anyone could look at that very feminine creature for the first time, and naturally think "It's a boy". I just can't understand it.

So please, tell me what is so friggin masculine about the character. What is there that I'm not seeing?

Thankyou.

#94961 A Completely Random Thought

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 22 December 2010 - 03:17 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Just to be clear, I only used the InuYasha-series as an example. You guys aren't restricted to it.

Any character from any fictional verse(games, anime/manga, movies, cartoons, books, etc.).

#94951 A Completely Random Thought

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 21 December 2010 - 05:01 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Sorry if this is in the wrong section(it probably is) but I don't know where to post it.

There was an anime/manga series that I watched some time ago, named InuYasha. Well, one of these days I heard people talking about it's characters, including one named Kagura, and then, woah! Oh, the similiarites!
For you who doesn't follow the series or never heard of it, Kagura is a demon(youkai) who: Loves freedom, loves flying, hates to be ordered around, is not actualy good or evil, is connected in a biological level with her creator(who she despises) and is trying to run-away/get-free of his control at any cost. Sounds familiar?
Hell I mean, Kagura is almost(becuase they aren't identical in everything) what NiGHTS would be if Wizeman found a way of keeping her under control! ......And if NiGHTS was an actual girl(I see her as a girl anyway), but that's beside the point.

So yeah... Tell me about other fictional characters who make you think about NiGHTS characters, and why. It can be because of their similar personalities, or goals, or believs, or the irony that even being similar to each other in many aspects they still are in a completelly different/opposite situation, or etc.

Discuss.

PS: Yes, I know this thread is pretty random and useless, but I'm bored. Sue me.

#94924 What would you want in a new NiGHTS game?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 19 December 2010 - 08:29 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Maybe Sega could hold a contest nation wide for chacters created by fans ( :D :lol: i just said fan characters) to appear in a new Nights game.

Oh God, please no! The last thing we need is a Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu created by a deluded fangirl/fanboy becoming canon.

#94219 NiGHTS 3?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 01 November 2010 - 12:21 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

The only reason why JoD didn't sell so well, is because SEGA screwed-up, not because the franchise/series is unpopular and/or disliked. Lots of people still love the franchise, and SEGA knows that, proven by the fact they listened when people screamed for NiGHTS to be in that racing game, and actually complied to it(do you think they would have complied if the number of people asking wasn't huge?).
Not to mention that many of these people became fans of NiGHTS because of JoD.
And lets not forget there is someone working for SEGA, who wants to make a sequel and it's just waiting for the green light.

Thinking the NiGHTS franchise is death only because one game didn't sell as much as expected, is just ridiculous, and very naive.

#94170 NiGHTS 3?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 29 October 2010 - 03:51 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Well, to start, I don't think any of us should get our hopes up. I mean, seriously, everyone in America wants independance from foreign oil (disregarding the greedy bastards who are keeping us from it), but that doesn't mean we're going to get it. The President (hopefully) wants world peace, but we're not getting that, either. The fact that this guy wants NiGHTS 3 and Chaotix 2 is pretty much just an indication of that: he wants them. Boy howdy. The odds that Sonic Team will allow the production of a sequel to a commercially-failed and profit-sucking sequel to a game nobody ever heard about until it became a cult hit are staggeringly low.

I believe we can all come to terms with the fact that Journey of Dreams failed. Big time. It disappointed the majority of us, and I don't think anyone was like "HOLY SHENANIGANS THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVAAAAAAAARRRRRRR" about the damn thing, so if it fails for the most part among the incredibly loyal fanbase, then I doubt it did well anywhere on the demographic. Magazines (other than Nintendo Power) game it bad reviews; plus, now that everyone is obsessed with sucking the metaphorical gonads of Master Cheif and whatever goon the Grand Theft Auto series vomits out next, a purple-clad, girly-looking jester that stars in a game about family values and believing in yourself is NOT going to meet the sales quotas of money-hungry Sonic Team. While I HOPE that Sonic Team is finally pulling its head out of its arse and getting its stuff together with Sonic Colors and Sonic 4, they've got a ways to go before they can release another fan-appeasing game. Sonic Unleashed's day levels were a step in the right direction, well at least the direction that doesn't involve stepping in the poo that is Werehogs and the entirety of Sonic Travels Through Time '06. They're starting to catch on. But they would honestly have to be STUPID to release another NiGHTS game so directly after the failure of this last one. Of course, that means we'll probably get it. :P

I'm sorry, but that's stupid.
I know many people who loved the game, and would like a sequel or an import of the original/first one. It didn't "fail big time" as you are putting it.
Yes, many NiGHTS-fans didn't like it, but lets be honest here... The majority of NiGHTS' original fanbase are/were blinded by nostalgia, and would dislike anything different than the original game anyway.
And lets not forget that SEGA itself is aware of NiGHTS' popularity, to the point where they had to replace the original flaggman of the Sonic-Racing game, with NiGHTS, only because the fans didn't shut-up about her not being part of it.

NiGHTS is much more popular and liked than you give it credit for, and the chances of SEGA making a sequel are much bigger than you think.

#94066 Naka's new game using his NiGHTS concept

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 23 October 2010 - 11:58 PM in Community Corner

Who cares.
Contrary to most people here(sorry, but that's the impression I'm having now), I'm not a NiGHTS-fan only because of the flight style.
I'm a NiGHTS-fan because of the interesting concept and idea behind it's universe, the surreal and magic world where the story happens, the characters(NiGHTS herself principally, I love the character!), and yes, the freedom-feeling of flying.

The NiGHTS-series is MUCH more than just flying around. :D

Damnit SEGA, give poor Iizuka the green light to make NiGHTS 3 already!

#93740 Cool NiGHTS AMV

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 04 October 2010 - 01:57 AM in Creative Stuff!

This is an awesome AMV I found in YouTube. The music is catchy, the timing is excelent, and I think it deserves more views:

#93238 NiGHTS 3?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 02 September 2010 - 11:31 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

If they make a NiGHTS 3(big "if" there), I would like to see a more complex story, with new characters and concepts, dialogue, and a gameplay style similiar to the one from NiD(but not exactly the same).
Resuming, I would want them to expand NiGHTS' universe, make it bigger and more interesting.

Seriously guys, evolution is a part of life. Change, is a part of life. Do not fear it.

and NiGHTS had a very questionable voice which started a lot of controversy.

.......But wasn't that exactly the point? If NiGHTS is genderless, she should have a questionable voice.

#93165 What gender are you, and how do you see NiGHTS?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 29 August 2010 - 10:22 AM in Poll Area

I'm male, and even knowing that she is genderless/androgynous/whatever... I allways saw NiGHTS as female.
I think it's because of her pink/purple outfit, her big eyelashes, and her not-muscular body. All characteristics most associated with girls, in our society.
And SEGA giving her a female voice in JoD, just enforced my view of NiGHTS as a girl.

#93164 NiGHTS or Reala?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 29 August 2010 - 10:03 AM in Poll Area

Owl

*gets shot*

But seriously, my favorite character is NiGHTS. Why? Because:

I love the style, the glint of mischief in her eyes and a sort of playful innocence.
Oh, and which other videogame character can wear a crazy jesters getup with frills, a jacket and gloves… and still look cool?

And because she is sexy. *gets shot again*

#93135 NiGHTS 3?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 28 August 2010 - 01:09 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

*tries to resist going into fanboy mode* :D *is unable to resist* :P :lol: ZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMG!!!

NiiiiGGHTSSS THREEEEEE!!

I love the new SEGA! Finally listening to their fanbase! SQUEEE!!!

I agree with DiGi. The main reason Sonic hasn't been selling well is because most of the modern fans never got to expeirience the originals, and I don't want that to happen to NiGHTS. Release a port, THEN make a third game.

BUT STILL NiGHTS 3! I'M GOING INTO OVERLOADED FANBOY MODE! W000000T! :lol: :lol: :lol: *explodes*

Calm down. He just said he would like to make another NiGHTS, not that he/they will make it, for sure. Nothing is confirmed yet.

A statement about the possibility of a new game being made, isn't guarantee of it actually happening.
It's too soon yet for you, to have an "overloaded fanboy mode".

#93132 Does anyone actually like JoD better?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 27 August 2010 - 09:49 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

The majority of games I play, is for the story and characters(gameplay isn't so important to me). So it's not a surprise that I prefer JoD over NiD.
Not to mention that Wizeman and NiGHTS both look much better in JoD(not talking about the difference in graphics, but the difference in design/appearance).

#93130 NiGHTS 3?

Posted by Beautiful Nightmare on 27 August 2010 - 09:21 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

I'm just happy that someone from SEGA is mentioning NiGHTS again.

Me too. And that's enough for me, really.
I mean, independently of it being similar to NiD or JoD, just the release of another game is enough for me.

I was afraid SEGA was going to turn NiGHTS into a one-game-for-each-generation deal(a single game per decade, I mean), but it seems I was wrong(thank god).

NiGHTS deserves more attention from SEGA, damnit!