Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Lélis's Content

There have been 68 items by Lélis (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#92663 Cosplay crafting ~by Lélis

Posted by Lélis on 05 August 2010 - 08:37 PM in Creative Stuff!

Hello everyone! Well, I am a cosplayer and some of you should know about it. I did NiGHTS costume 2 years ago too =D
Well I have been a cosplayer for about 6 years now and I have already done a lot of different costumes. Most of them are from video games.
In this topic I'll post tips, tricks, photos of progress of some cosplay in progress, etc. I love knowing what people think about my costumes. I can also answer questions if you ask, trying to be clear even with my limited vocabulary in English.

Now I am working on Alisia Dragoon costume, which probably will be ready soon.

Posted Image

Do you remember her?

But now I have some pictures of my new cosplay: Nina from Breath of Fire.

Posted Image

I'm having a lot of difficulties with it because I never made wings before so I am planning how to make it able to move like a bird.

Well then how about I start with some pictures of how I start to build this costume armor?

Well, you need to make armor model sheet and I always get it very measured, using rulers, dividing the paper into 4 equal parts. Then I do the marks with pencil and I draw more equal parts depending on the design of the armor.
When everythink is ready I start to draw.

When everything is ready I begin to design the armor. Obviously everything must be planned in a paper. I always draw only half of the armor, because the other side has to be equal.
Posted Image

For that I only draw one half, double the sheet exactly in half, I design the pencil's lines with a strong pen and put the paper against light (with the blank part faced to me). I do this so I can see the other side and I can draw the same design as I did and so, leaving the two sides very similar.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Make-up is an important issue too =D
Here you can see some of my make-up test. I always test make-up before using the costume, and I try very diferrent ways to do the make-up to chose the best one. Odette costume, for example, I had to do her make-up about 6 times to get so accurate.

The wig is not finished yet.
Posted Image

You can see how makeup makes all the diference? Look at my eyes =D
Posted Image

Now a detail from the make-up that I liked most on this first attempt =D
Posted Image

That's it folks!
I am trying to find some of my NiGHTS costume progress pictures to post here =D
And sorry for my english, It is VERY hard for me to explain such specific things

#92661 I need your attention please! Help us this weekend!

Posted by Lélis on 05 August 2010 - 07:23 PM in Creative Stuff!

Thank you all for the support =D

I have great news: We got 3rd place =D
We were ALMOST there and we are sooo happy that we did great!!!

You can check the skit here:

This is the winning performance:
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Hyoga and Kaoli did Valjyrie Profile 2 - and WHAT A WONDERFULL performance! They were fantastic, and final effect was WOW!

We will try next year with a game that I love very much, but for now, I will keep it in secret <3

Thank you all again and I hope you like the performance.

#92111 I need your attention please! Help us this weekend!

Posted by Lélis on 15 July 2010 - 09:50 PM in Creative Stuff!

Hello everyone!

Some of you should know that I am cosplayer (including've done a NiGHTS cosplay that is in the gallery of this homepage) and I'm participating for the 5th consecutive time in the Finals of the "World Cosplay Summit Brazil", the Brazilian stage of the larger contest of cosplay in world. Here in Brazil it works in several steps: First 15 seats are distributed (this year, only 9) for many convetions of anime, rpg, games, etc. Each convention choose the pair of cosplayers who did the best 3 minutes skit at the regional round. The 15 chosen goes to Sao Paulo to play that skit in the final stage in Brazil, which chooses the best among the 15 to represent our country in the worldwide WCS, which happens every year in Nagoya-Japan

In previous years I performed skits, most of games. In 2006, Bruno and me (the Reala cosplayer) made a skit based on "The King of Fighters". We got third place. In 2007 Rachel and me, we did Soul Calibur. In 2008, again with Bruno, we did NiGHTS Journey of Dreams, which won us many complimments from local cosplayers, from the judges, from the game fans (including the visitors of NiD or even TRiPPY: D). In 2009 with Leandro, we did a musical based on Mononoke Hime, a classic Studio Ghibli movie.

This year, I am with Gabriela and we are doing ODIN SPHERE - Queen Odette and Velvet Valentine, respectively. We are very happy with our performance and confident that we can finally win the final round and represent Brazil in Japan
I am here to ask you to cheer for me and the Gabriela, this weekend. The final round will take place this Sunday, 18th, and I would appreciate the positive thoughts of you, if possible.
I dedicate every year for this contest and I think it might be this time that I will return with victory.

Regardless of the final result, I would also like to thank those who will cheer for us =D
You can follow a few things about the WCS here (unfortunately it's in Portuguese, but take a look) http://henshin.uol.com.br/wcs/

This one, you can see Bruno and me, Reala and Nights, in 2008
http://henshin.uol.c...des-finalistas/

Thank you everyone!
And I hope I can come back with great news!
Hugs :P

#92073 MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

Posted by Lélis on 14 July 2010 - 02:03 PM in Community Corner

http://instantbazinga.com/

BAZINGA =D

#92072 plushie update

Posted by Lélis on 14 July 2010 - 01:46 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

http://www.nightsint...ams.com/?p=1328

Awesome in fabric form.

Very nice!

She is very talented too =D

#92071 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by Lélis on 14 July 2010 - 01:44 PM in Community Corner

So, far from looking at how things are turning out for Nintendo's progress in making the game, I kind of like the whole 3D idea, though the new Pokemon should hopefully look more epic-looking when new one's begin to show, I hope...

The gear pokemon reminds me much of Magnemite in some way?

I Agree with the "epic" point.
And I would like them to change de pokemon's noise, and put some mp3 voices, saying their names (PIKACHU! hehehe). I HATE the actual noise, almost all pokemons have a annoying noise and the game has great musics and stuff but the noise of the pokemon...it is always there :)

#92013 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by Lélis on 13 July 2010 - 04:51 PM in Community Corner

MORE INFO TODAY ABOUT THE GAME!

# Triple Battles First,
we have details on the Triple battles, showing how you can target with the middle Pokémon being able to target all three Pokémon and the ones at the sides being able to target the opposite one and the middle one. You also have the ability to switch Pokémon positions in battle.
If a Pokémon in the middle uses an attack that hits all Pokémon, then it will be very powerful

# There is a new ability called Telepathy (テレパシー) which allows the Pokémon to avoid receiving damage from its team-mates.

# There is also a new attack, name currently not given, which will cause all your team mates to avoid damage from attacks that would hurt all team members such as Earthquake.

# Global Link
The Global Link has two modes. One, where your Pokémon play in a dream and another is an online battling system. It appears that you have the ability to capture Pokémon not in the Isshu Dex within the Global Link and have them transferred back to your game. This can be done in the dream mode. As we said on Sunday, you access the Global Link when you have Musharna, the evolution of Munna.

* The Game Sync is accessible through the C Gear. Here, you can send a single Pokémon to the computer and the "dream world".
* In the world of dreams Pokémon have their own rooms that they can play in. They can play minigames with other Pokémon. Pokémon that your Pokémon becomes friends with in the dream world can be taken back to the real world
* If you are registed to the PGL, then you can play "Rating Mode" of "Random Match" at to the global terminal inside of the Pokémon center. It will send your battle results to a server gather them so you can see who is really strong.

# Version Changes
Gochiruzeru and Rankurusu are Version exclusives and Black City & White forest are in the same part of Isshu.

# There will also be other cities that vary in appearance based on your game

# Features
Using Infared, you have the ability of having speedy battles. This can be 2 or 4 Player. You can also trade this way on the spot from your box. You can automatically exchange friend codes over IR
# You have the ability to draw on your friends faces over the Live Caster video chat. Characters in game will also call you on the Live Caster from time to time
# There is also a gentleman in the game which will switch your game from the standard Hiragana/Katakana text to Kanji
# There is a feature called Feeling Check that checks players compatibility. One of the things it shows is a game where two people have to keep the same rythmn
# The High Link features mentioned yesterday have also been further confirmed and will involve meeting players over WiFi in the Isshu overworld and doing missions for them. This is as close to a MMORPG as we'll get
# The C Gear as we knew has abilities in InfraRed, Wireless & WiFi

# Characters

It seems that you, Beru and Cheren all get the starters from Professor Araragi, leaving none left out as all of you are beginning your journey together.
# Indicating that Isshu is far away, the routes have once again reset and will begin with Route 1
# N is one of the antagonists. N will keep coming to challenge you in order to confirm his ideas of justice. He calls Pokémon "Friends", but one of the screen shots shows him saying that he wants to split humans and Pokémon and divide them so it's black and white. He has the unique idea to set Pokémon free from people. He's looking for the power to bring his idea to fruition
# Makoma will give you the C Gear after you assist her with a task

Images
Posted Image

Trainner N
Posted Image

Makomo & Dream Smoke
Posted Image

Live Caster
Posted Image

And a new pokemon, WOOGORU (I liked this one, finally)
Posted Image

That's all folks.

All info from serebii.net :)

#91803 The 20 mostly-played Wii Games

Posted by Lélis on 07 July 2010 - 08:05 PM in Community Corner

Here is the List.

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 76:39
2. Animal Crossing - 71:38
3. Harvest Moon: Animal Parade - 57:30
4. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 57:11
5. Monster Hunter Tri - 56:08
6. Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility - 51:16
7. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn - 51:14
8. Call of Duty: World at War - 50:53
9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition - 49:33
10. Rune Factory Frontier - 47:55
11. Rock Band 2 - 47:49
12. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 47:20
13. Lego Star Wars - 46:48
14. WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 - 43:27
15. Tales of Symphonia: DotNW - 40:28
16. Mario Kart Wii - 38:57
17. Wii Sports - 38:36
18. Guitar Hero: World Tour - 37:14
19. FIFA Soccer 09 All-Play - 37:11
20. WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - 35:12

MORE INFORMATION, please visit Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/55...loved-wii-games

I have to agree with this list. My most played game on Wii was FOR SURE Smash Bros =D

#91616 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by Lélis on 01 July 2010 - 05:23 AM in Community Corner

Posted Image

3 on 3 match with new upcoming pokemons.
I don't like them :/ Got it from Serebii.net

Posted Image
An episode of Pokémon Sunday with Junichi Masuda himself revealing the first silhouette of "Zoroark"

#91593 What game are you playing at the moment?

Posted by Lélis on 30 June 2010 - 03:22 PM in Community Corner

Pokémon HeartGold
Demon's Souls =D

#91592 Pokémon Black and White Discussion Thread

Posted by Lélis on 30 June 2010 - 03:14 PM in Community Corner

I am a huge pokemon fan! I really collect them all and stuff. I have been playing Pokémon since red/blue and every new version is an excitement. Sometimes I don't like the games, like Emerald and Ruby, but this Black/White is doing great. I like the idea of this 3D world, the 3 on 3 fight and the conection with the computer.
But this time speacially I didn't like the starters. ONLY the grass one. Ok, I LOVE grass/poison pokémon, but until today I liked the starters, but not this time. The Water one is terrible x_x And the Fire...well...not that good. Diamond/Pearl had much better starters (and for the first time I got a water pokemon than a grass on the beggining, Piplup *hearts*).

The trainers are great. I really love the girl design, much better than Dawn os May. The boy is sooo cool! And The fact of the professor being a woman, is very nice too. Her design is great like the others.

But it is true that my expectations a good on this new pokémon. I think the game is ambicious too, but I confess, I am dying to see it. Until the day, I will be playing lots of Diamond and HeartGold <3

#91591 SATURN PORTS BEING CONSIDERED!

Posted by Lélis on 30 June 2010 - 03:05 PM in NiD15

What a wonderfull news! And I got them when I came back to the foruns. That's why I LOVE you so much <3333

#91590 Things you don't like about JoD

Posted by Lélis on 30 June 2010 - 03:03 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

-Owls talk TOO much
-The controls are bad
-The game is too short for the price
-I don't like NiGHTS voice.
-I don't like tutorials very much. In the past NOBODY needed a tutorial to play a game. And specially, I think this tutoril is boring
-CG - why not more CG? The introduction one was so cool
-I don't like the levels with the children. In fact, I hated them.

#91583 I'm not dead- honest

Posted by Lélis on 30 June 2010 - 01:56 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Dear, I really understand you!
I have been absent for a long time ( I think it has benn 2 months) because I am totally busy! My college is demanding A LOT of my time and I am doing that huge cosplay project for World Cosplay Summit this year, so every free time that I have, it is being used for this project. I am really into this competition every year (remember when I went there with a NiGHTS performance?) and this year, me and my partner, we are doing something huge, bigger than the other years! So...busy busy busy busy like hell xD
Welcome back for you and me!
And good luck on your secret project =D

#91581 Hello, everyone =D

Posted by Lélis on 30 June 2010 - 01:46 PM in Introduce Yourself

WELCOME!
I am sure that you will love it here =D

#90364 Bayonetta

Posted by Lélis on 19 April 2010 - 08:06 PM in Community Corner

You should cosplay as Bayonetta! :D

Ahahaha why not?
I would like to =D

#90363 That's why I was missing!

Posted by Lélis on 19 April 2010 - 08:04 PM in Creative Stuff!

And this is my skit for my NIGHTS costume. This time I did it individually, and here is the translation:

Narrator: What if you could fly?
Through the night sky, the World of Dreams awaits you.
A World just for you your Nightopia!!
NiGHTS: Visitor from another world, welcome!
Is it your first time here? So, let me explain!
You are now at the entrance that your people call World of Dreams.
But don't be fooled by the name World of Dreams!
I don't mean that it doesn't exist. It is simply… How could I put it? It is a world that you can only visit when you are asleep.
But let me tell ya, it will be much better if we fly around then chat all day long! So, what do you say? Wanna dualize with me and fly around? Cause NiGHTS here is able to assimilate with your body and… Oh, it will be easier to understand if you try! Shall we go?

This is the skit. And I hope you don't care about my voice because it was hoarse at the day I recorded the audio :/

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#90362 That's why I was missing!

Posted by Lélis on 19 April 2010 - 07:45 PM in Creative Stuff!

Congratulations! Your hard works deserves to win; those are some amazing costumes. How did you get through doors in that hat. O.O

Thank you very much =D
Well that hat is really big stuff. But I can walk through the doors turning me aside. Sometimes I have to lower myself to walk through the doors as well. But no big deal, I can handle it =D

Odette, Queen of the Dead and Velvet, the 'witch.' Nice costumes. It looks like the characters leaped out of the game itself.

Congrats on winning with NiGHTS and welcome back. :D

Thank you very much =3333

Wow, great work! That's a seriously cool costume!

THANKS THANKS <3333

Those cosplays are seriously breathtaking, and congrats on your first places!

Oh Thank you, I am seriously happy =DDDD

Wow, congrats! I'm glad all your hard work and distress paid off. That costume is amazing. Her headpiece especially looks like it would've been really hard to make. Good luck at the finals!

THANKKSSS <333333333
The headpiece was, for sure, the hardest task on this costume. Also the headpiece hurts me sometimes and for the hat did not fall, we pressed it very hard with elastic in my head x__x OUCH!

Odin Sphere cosplay is love and that Odette kicks serious ass. Quick question though, did the contest start lagging when you got on the stage? XD

Good to have you back.

Oh yes, in fact WE lagged the contest i-i Because of all that microphone problems, we lagged the contest for about 30 minutes x-x I wasn't happy with it, not at all. This costume is hard to wear, it is incredible HOT (imagine, I live in BRAZIL, a TROPICALL country, this day was about 35ºC...!), the headpiece hurts me, the makeup itches, to get higher I have to use a boot on a 15cm platform and the wig is heavy x_x BUT I LOVE this costume, this is my most difficult one =D

And thank you veryyy much dear =D

Thank you all, I am very happy that everybody liked the results.

EDITED: And finally I got our skit on the youtube!Well, because of the microphone problem nobody will listen to A WORD that we had said. But, this is skit is also in portuguese. If you want a treanslation I can put it here.
You can see that we had a LOT of problems during the skit x_x I hope the final skit will be much more accurate and interesting!

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

hope you like it.

#90316 That's why I was missing!

Posted by Lélis on 15 April 2010 - 08:04 PM in Creative Stuff!

O_O I was wondering what happened to you!!!

Congrats on winning so many things, and despite all the setbacks that you're going to run up the champs. GO GET 'EM, TIGER! We're all rooting for ya. So sorry to hear about your wrist and everything, but it looks like all your hardship paid off.

And I definitely want that victory pose of you as NiGHTS as a poster. It's SO kickass...

Welcome back!

Edit: I keep looking at the Odin Sphere costumes. They're breathtaking.

Thank you Lv 99 =DDDDD

I Love this picture of my NiGHTS too, The guy who took it will send it to me in a great quality =DDDDD Do you really want your poster ahahaha ? =D

And thank you for those compliments. This costumes was a PAIN IN THE ASS to make, but for sure, my most beautifull (and hard!) too.

#90313 Bayonetta

Posted by Lélis on 15 April 2010 - 05:55 PM in Community Corner

http://www.destructo...or-161437.phtml

OH GOD, DO WANT

I am playing Bayonetta to the bones <3333333333333333333333333 I can't stop!
And I am IN LOVE with Bayonetta x333
Probably costume, for sure...

FLY ME TO THE MOON...

waaa, I want to have more time to play more xDD

#90310 Fave Sonic Character

Posted by Lélis on 15 April 2010 - 05:50 PM in Community Corner

I love Knucles. I like to play with him, the color, the badass atittude... Knucles has a very nice design too.

#90309 *Jumps and waves in joy*

Posted by Lélis on 15 April 2010 - 05:44 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hello!
We are neighboors huh, I am from Brazil =D

You like Puyo Puyo, wow, I LOVE this game too =33333

Welcome!

#90307 That's why I was missing!

Posted by Lélis on 15 April 2010 - 05:10 PM in Creative Stuff!

Hello everyone. Long time no see huh?
After so long I'm finally back! I hated spending so much time away from you but unfortunately I had no choice. But I'm happy that I am here again!

It all started when I took a temporary job in São Paulo (I live in Belo Horizonte) at the most famous university in Brazil: USP (São Paulo University). Then I had to devote myself during all my vacations to this work so I stayed away from Internet.

Soon after, I return to my city with an important news: Brazil would have another round of the World Cosplay Summit, the largest in the world championship of cosplay. Anyone who knows me knows that I participate in the final in Brazil since its 1st edition (this is the 5th), I would probably not want to sit out this year.

This is the way the WCS works in Brazil: Every region in Brazil has a competition of pairs of cosplayers. They go to the stage and the judges choose the best pair to go the finals in Brazil - Sao Paulo. In the final competition, the judges choose the best couple, who will represent our country in the international final which takes place every year in Japan. Brazil is two-time champion!

The problem begins here: The announcement of the WCS in my town was with just 1 month to occur. Me and my pair, Gabriela, we would have only a month to assemble 2 costumes and a skit with up to 3 minutes, with special effects, great acting and things flashy and creative. Ask me if we accepted the challenge? Absolutely!

We began to make the costumes of Odin Sphere, I would be Odette and she would be Velvet.

This is Odette

Posted Image

The costume of Odette is VERY complicated and I needed much help to finalize it. I had to stay wake up in May, lose weight, learn to make complex makeup, styling wigs against gravity and still move well on stage. We had every kind of problem with this costume and 3 weeks before WCS I fell on the street and sprained my right hand. I had to immobilize it. This injury delayed the process and we stayed wake up for many nights.

But after all the problems finally our cosplay was ready!!!.

Posted Image

On the WCS day (this past weekend), we would do a live skit, but the headset failed. We tried to find the CD with our speech and audio recorded but it did not work. We showed our power and talked live, loud, without a microphone.

I left the stage very sad, crying a lot because the skit had gone wrong. But after much stress, we won the competition!!

I'm so happy that I can hardly describe. I will represent my state in Brazil in the final - at July 18 - and who knows, represent my country in Japan!
That was the real reason for my disappearance.
If someone wants to ask questions about my cosplay, be my guest, I will be happy to aswer your concerns.

***Not only that, I used my NiGHTS cosplay again, now with a traditional - individually skit. Won first place with it!

Well, all that to say that I'm back!

Posted Image

#83859 Video repsonses from the fans

Posted by Lélis on 03 December 2009 - 05:40 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

HEY! I ACTUALLY MADE A VIDEO RESPONSE!

I decided faking a British accent, overdressing, and pretending the camera is someone I know would make for the most amusing video.
Woooo!

I loved it
I am laughing too hard AHAHAHAHAHA

And...I will think about this "shake it" thing ùu

AHAHAHA
Have you ever heard about Brazilian Samba? AHAHAHAAHAHA
Ok, Stop now, EVIL mind ùu
You DOn"T need to ruin your fav. char ùu

#83827 Fave Sonic Character

Posted by Lélis on 03 December 2009 - 03:04 PM in Community Corner

For sure is Knuckles 8DDDDDDDDDDDD