Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

General Reala's Content

There have been 19 items by General Reala (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100055 Still no PC release date?

Posted by General Reala on 22 October 2012 - 12:06 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

This is a shame, as I really want to help support NiGHTS, but I don't own a PS3 or an XBOX 360. I'm also much more likely to be picking up a Wii U than either of those two systems anytime soon. Not to mention the HD looks great.
(You'd have thought that they'd have plans for the Wii U's virtual console at launch, but I guess not).

#100054 When did you discover NiGHTS?

Posted by General Reala on 21 October 2012 - 11:31 PM in Poll Area

I'm not exactly sure, but it was after I really became acquainted with the Sonic Adventure games. NiGHTS had enough cameos in those games that I became interested in learning more about the series.
I remember seeing commercials for JoD, but at that point I still hadn't known anything about it. I later would buy the game at Gamestop though, and topping that by buying a Sega Saturn and NiD off ebay.

#100053 Adventures in Gaming

Posted by General Reala on 21 October 2012 - 11:18 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Hm, other than the fact that my little brother somehow had no problem beating Chamelan (whereas I did..) ?

I'd have to say this game has comparatively less bugs than many Sonic games I've played, though that's sort of a shame.
Probably my most ridiculous death was when I sunk Bomamba's last cat right as the timer ran out, but the game decided I should lose anyway.

#100052 General SART game discussion topic

Posted by General Reala on 21 October 2012 - 10:10 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'm actually rather interested in this game. Too bad I'd have to get the 3DS version (or maybe not so bad, as there's no announcer), as getting a Wii U seems unlikely.
From what I've seen, Sega isn't too keen on telling us much about the unlockable characters, including NiGHTS and Reala. At least I don't think they'd be version exclusives. That would be too cruel.

#99303 NiGHTS IS BACK!

Posted by General Reala on 06 July 2012 - 04:24 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

This is wonderful! I already own the original for the Sega Saturn, but I'm totally going to get this for PC to support sales. Maybe if it sells enough they'll make a 3rd NiGHTS game.

#99215 Stick Canyon image appears on SEGA's Facebook ...

Posted by General Reala on 04 July 2012 - 03:56 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

If this is indeed for S&SART then surely NiGHTS will be playable. The picture doesn't really show us much of a 'track', though. If NiGHTS is playable, maybe Reala too? The style of the potential Strick Canyon seems to match that of other tracks that have been leaked. Nothing is for sure, though.

#99150 General Reala plays JoD

Posted by General Reala on 16 June 2012 - 06:21 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

(I was told this could go here)
So, I have a group channel with a few people (though they haven't been around <_< ), so I've decided to do a JoD LP;
Part 0- Tutorial (You don't have to watch this part)
Part 1- Aqua Garden

I think next part I need to turn the tv volume up a bit, as the cutscenes are too quiet compared to everything else..

#99145 Where you all been at lately?

Posted by General Reala on 15 June 2012 - 03:44 AM in Community Corner

Yeah, I check this forum regularly, but I head straight to the "View New Content" button. Usually there is nothing new and I have no new stuff to say so I just have to wait for something to happen! D:

This is pretty much what I do. Sorry for not helping said lack of activity.

I've been thinking about doing a Journey of Dreams LP, but I'm not sure where to post it on these forums. (Help?)

#98859 Reala is Horrible

Posted by General Reala on 16 January 2012 - 12:15 AM in Creative Stuff!

*faves* Those were quite enjoyable. I have to ask you if you ever watched the anime White Night True Light is from.
What program do you use. I've wanted to do something like this in the past, but movie maker discourages me.

#98858 The Twilight Zone

Posted by General Reala on 15 January 2012 - 11:56 PM in Community Corner

Anybody a fan of the original?

I remembered the other day about a specific episode pertaining to dreams called 'Perchance to Dream'.
'They say a dream takes only a second or so, and yet in that second a man can live a lifetime. He can suffer and die, and who's to say which is the greater reality- the one we know, or the one in dreams? -between heaven, the sky, the earth, in the Twilight Zone.'

Part 1 & Part 2 if anyone's interested in the particular episode.

#98847 D:

Posted by General Reala on 13 January 2012 - 05:10 AM in Community Corner

This jumped to mind when I thought of how my sister is quite scared of Donbalon. Why not make him scarier?
Posted Image

#98846 new years resolutions!

Posted by General Reala on 13 January 2012 - 04:29 AM in Community Corner

I just bothered to scribble down some today.

-Attempt an animation I've been wanting to do
-Get a Kingdom Hearts/mega crossover RP up and running
-Finish that darn Durarara parody
-Actually implement my long line of Sonic fanfic ideas/ other fanfic ideas
-Challenge my drawing skills more
-Learn basic Japanese
-Learn to study and stop procrastinating

#98845 Random thought thread

Posted by General Reala on 13 January 2012 - 03:39 AM in Community Corner

@viperxmns- I had been wondering about that. It's quite well done.

@Utter Magic- Same here. I was a member of a Pokemon forum that used to get a lot of traffic. There were so many spriters and contests. I miss it so much. I indulged deeply in the pokemon splicing scene, but over the years I learned enough how to scratch and to make sprites from scanned pictures as well.
Example of how bad I used to be;
Spoiler

and an example of my scratch sprite process (or what's left of it);
Spoiler

I feel like I'm hogging the thread ><

#98841 Hello there

Posted by General Reala on 12 January 2012 - 05:10 AM in Introduce Yourself

Hi there! Welcome to the forums! Hope to see some of your art and fanfics soon :)

Thanks! All the more motivation to try and actually get things done. :3

#98840 Random thought thread

Posted by General Reala on 12 January 2012 - 05:05 AM in Community Corner

^ That made my day, er, evening I should say.

Anybody here ever participate in the art of spriting?

#98836 How would you describe Reala's actions throughout the game?

Posted by General Reala on 10 January 2012 - 10:22 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Thanks for the welcome : )

Also, some of the lines seem to express scorn at NiGHTS for continuing with what Reala sees as a hopeless act. "You're the one who can't do anything without borrowing power from Visitors!"

The amount of hopelessness in the act of defeating Wizeman depends on rather he'll really stay dead. If he stays dead, that's all well and good, and Reala is wrong, but if not-
"I will not die. So long as there is evil and hatred in the hearts of man, I shall live on."
-then you spend an eternity of fighting against someone whom you can never truly defeat. Who really knows though if he meant he'd live-live or just live on in spirit.

Also, yes, in the original game it's a much more straightforward fight, and he also seems more sure of his ability to actually defeat NiGHTS. It makes it seem like they want to kill each other though, which is a sharp contrast from JoD.

Reala still seems to like NiGHTS, while at the same time thinking him foolish to be rebelling against Wizeman. I would think that is Reala's cause for trying so hard to seperate NiGHTS from the Visitors, thinking that she is just taking a liking to their source of Ideya or something.

This seems likely so, and Reala seems annoyed, if not hurt, when NiGHTS ignores him in favor of the visitors. He likely rather detests the idea of dualizing as well.

#98828 short Reala sketch animation

Posted by General Reala on 10 January 2012 - 06:19 AM in Creative Stuff!

I just love your work. I've been watching you on Youtube for quite some time now. <3

#98827 How would you describe Reala's actions throughout the game?

Posted by General Reala on 10 January 2012 - 06:04 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Sort of a question of what do you think is behind the way he acts throughout the game and how he may think.

Obviously, his first and foremost motivator would be Master Wiseman. Supposedly he's steadfastly loyal, but I at least partial believe said loyalty stems from fear. Wiseman liberally threatens Reala, starting with Wiseman's murders of Donbalon and Bomamba (depending on the story) whilst stating failure will not be tolerated, implying Reala will share the same fate should he fail. Also, at least once Reala can be seen stuttering in his dialog when addressing Wiseman regarding bad news.
Secondly, minus any fears of Wiseman, Reala seems to be somewhat cowardly in both tactics and in general. Multiple times he chooses to leave lower leveled Nightmaren to guard NiGHTS when caged, as if not wanting to be the one to take the fall when NiGHTS inevitably escapes while coupled with the power of a visitor. When he actually does fight, he doesn't fight directly, instead summoning that portal that rains down those exploding spheres that he launches at NiGHTS and hides behind. Even then, when it looked like he'd be beaten, he broke the rules, trapping NiGHTS as he turned tail and fled. He also shows signs of being rather afraid of Cerberus, but then again, so does NiGHTS (which is rare). Lastly, it seems he still holds on to what ever kind of relationship he used to have with NiGHTS. This may opt for another reason to trap her rather than fighting her. He also seems somewhat jealous of the visitors NiGHTS took a liking to and tries to get rid of them only to hurt NiGHTS.

I like Reala, and while I haven't quite hit everything, these stand out. Your mileage may vary though.

#98824 Hello there

Posted by General Reala on 10 January 2012 - 02:55 AM in Introduce Yourself

I suppose I should introduce myself.

I'm General Reala, though I more often go by Dragon Arbock or Phoenix the Cat.
I'm a big Sonic fan (if you couldn't tell), and that's what initially got me into NiGHTS.Don't get me wrong, I love NiGHTS just as much now. I draw from time to time, and attempt writing fanfiction (though I usually get another idea before I finish with my first.)
I look forward to being a part of this community, though I may not always post as much as I should.