Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Nessa Mouse's Content

There have been 24 items by Nessa Mouse (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#72906 There should be a female Link.

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 01 August 2009 - 07:01 PM in Community Corner

Make it simple: choose male or female at the start of the game. Everybody can be happy that way!

#72635 Team Mega Man!

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 24 July 2009 - 04:51 AM in Artwork

New toys made! This time mini Mega Man, Proto Man and Roll. Enjoy.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72522 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 21 July 2009 - 06:19 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Bomamba reminds me of my Ma'. She's a crazy cat lady too. O.O

#72521 Your top 5 best and Worst things about JOD

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 21 July 2009 - 06:16 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Worst First:

5. NiGHTS voice wasn't anything like I expected. I figured it would mesh between male and female. Like two voices together. But that was just a minor disappointment.
4. The "chasing the jailer" levels. Took me the longest to get high ranks on them.
3. Endings were forced. The "Dad showing up in time to see me make the winning shot, Mom and me getting a standing applause." were right out of every G rated kids movie out there.
2. Owl Uuuuuuuuugh!
1. I couldn't relate to Will and Helen at all. All I could think is, "They're worrying themselves into Nightmares over THAT? How emo." What they need to do is have dreamers who have real nightmares. Let Tim Burton write the next one. Hmm...*Nessa gets a thoughtful look and walks away*

Best for Last:

5. Super pretty dreamscapes. Magic gardens, glass castles, neon city.... was preeeeetty.
4. I never got to play the original. I wanted a Dreamcast but could never bring myself to ask. Nessa's family was poor. So I felt giddy as hell to finally get to fly with NiGHTS!
3. Freaky bosses. Bomamba and her cats reminded me of my Ma' actually. XD
2. Entertains small children. My neice and nephew can sit and watch without bothering me too much. When my nephew asks stupid questions all I have to say is "It's just a dream." and it answers everything.
1. "Dreams, Dream" dances in my head throughout the day at work. Happy song for me. Before that Sonic Adventure Battle 2 was my official Happy music.

#72323 Theories About the End of Journey of Dreams

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 14 July 2009 - 11:41 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Wizeman not being dead? Possible for the same reason NiGHTS and Reala might still "Exist." My favorite author liked pointing out the power of belief in his books. Ever read Terry Pratchet's "Small Gods?" It shows a theory that we don't exist because of Gods, Gods exist because of our belief fueling them. The same could be said of Will and Helen's Ideya. In the false ending Will and Helen wake up, smile and stretch with a "Oh, what a fun dream look." on their faces. BUT. In the true ending they wake up crying because their friend is "Dead." Yet NiGHTS is seen alive and well. They believe he is real, and will him back into existance. Instead of Wizeman's powers keeping NiGHTS in existance, NiGHTS could be fueled by the Ideya willingly given up by Will and Helen. As well as any other visitor who has seen any of the Maren. It's pointed out somewhere (Don't remember where) that NiGHTS is attracted to visitors Ideya. Ideya seems to be willpower made into lifeforce in Nightopia. Any of the characters could be reformed the same way. When Wizeman says he can't be destroyed, he could have been tricking Helen and Will into keeping him alive by planting that little seed of doubt.

At least thats the theory me and the betrothed came up with. He won't play NiGHTS, says it looks too hard. But likes watching me play it. :)

As for Will and Helen's parents? They were probably just too surprised at the power outage to react quickly, not to mention the sudden appearance of snow. The whole ending seemed a tiny bit forced, anyway. Like the writers were at a complete loss on how to end it. And lets face it, the rest of the game was a LOT to live up too.

#72287 FiNDiNG NiGHTS

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 13 July 2009 - 09:08 AM in Dream Discussion

Happened last night......*scribble* Must write fanfic......*scribble-scribble*

#72234 Which NiGHTS character do you relate to the most?

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 12 July 2009 - 10:13 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Reala with a splash of NiGHTS. I say Reala because because of loyalty with a mean streak. How loyal? I babysit for my Sis several nights a week and then go to work on 3 hours of sleep. 'Cuz she needs me, nuff said. As for my mean streak, well...after being forced to work 30 mins over tonight I spent several minutes staring at a large insect wondering if putting it in my bimbo bosses' hair it would be worth possibly getting bitten by it. I say NiGHTS because we both have people wondering what gender we are. Is short hair and a mostly flat chest a crime?!? ;.;

#71661 Team Mega Man!

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 02 July 2009 - 04:46 PM in Artwork

The Zombie was my favorite. Braaaaaaaiiiiinnssss!

#71652 Cooking! (and baking)

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 01 July 2009 - 07:59 PM in Community Corner

Nessa comes from a long line of pudgy country women that love to make hordes of dinners and sweets at Christmas and Halloween. And have a uncontrolable urge to feed people around them. My Marcus gained 25 pounds when he moved in with me. Bear in mind he was skin and bones from living the ramen life, and needed every ounce of it. So, this post is right up my alley. Prepare for goodness:

Entree: Italian Chicken Packages

Need:

4-5 Chicken Boneless Breasts, pricked with a fork several times to tenderize
Several handfulls of Frozen Brocolli and Cauliflower
A large bottle of Italian Salad dressing
Aluminum Foil

Preheat oven to 350

Lay out a sheet of the foil large enough to fold over like a pouch. Place the chicken on the foil, place a handfull of the frozen veggies on top the chicken, then drizzle a generous amount of Italian Dressing on top. Fold the foil into a tight pouch and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the other chicken breast and pop the baking sheet into the oven. Baking usually takes about an hour or so. Check them, and possibly add more dressing. When the chicken is done, empty the pouch onto a plate with some rice or couscous and its dinner time. ^.^

Desserts: Swedish Kisses

Need:

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
Seedless jelly (raspberry is traditional)

Preheat oven to 375

In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar together. SLOWLY add flour, I do it 1/2 cup at a time. You'll eventually need to need it with your hands to get the last of it on. Shape dough into 1" balls. Place balls 2" apart on an un-greased cookie sheet. Press your thumb into the center of each ball to make an indentation. Bake for about 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. You might need to refresh the indentation. Just before serving, fill each center with about 1 tsp of jelly. The jelly is good for about two hours after you put it in cookie. More than that and the jelly might taste kinda stale.

#71650 Team Mega Man!

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 01 July 2009 - 06:44 PM in Artwork

Half Pattern, half made up. I have a book of "Creepy and Cute crotchet." I used the basic head and body and made up the hat myself. I put him in the tea cup to give everyone an idea how big he is..and 'cuz he looks cute in there. :P He's a Final Fantasy 1 Black Mage, though I've been using the Final Fantasy 3 DS guide book to get ideas for more dollies. Right now I'm making a bag with the Kingdom Hearts "Heartless" logo. I didn't like Kingdom Hearts much (I think America can do better fantasy than DISNEY for crying out loud!! :blink: ) but I love the Heartless critters. I'm into anything cute and spooky. I'm making game-related crochet to try and start contests on the forum I've been on for years. Our founder and head Moderator died awhile back in a diabetic coma. It's been teetering on the edge of destruction since. I'm waiting for approval from the other Mods before I go ahead. Since winners will have to give me an address to send their prize to there is a minor security issue, and I at least want permission before I start.

To Nocturne: Give me an address to send one if you like, I need to get used to mailing things bigger than an envelope if I'm going to have contests. No charge this time. ^.^

#71619 Team Mega Man!

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 30 June 2009 - 06:18 PM in Artwork

I got horribly distracted from my other projects because this little FF Black Mage INSISTED I make him first.
Posted Image
INSISTED I tell you!!
Posted Image

#71618 Why is that your User Name?

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 30 June 2009 - 06:14 PM in Community Corner

I'm Nessa Mouse and can be explained as thus:

Vanessa is my real name, however I don't think I fit it. I was named after the very gorgeous Vanessa Williams, Mom thought it was childish and unfair that they dug up those Playboy pictures and took away her Miss America crown. She was the first African American to ever win, and apparently those cookie cutter, bottle blonde, big teeth, big boob Barbie girls she was competing against couldn't STAND losing to someone who didn't look like them. Also the name Vanessa means Butterfly. My middle name "Lynn" means Pretty. So yeah, since they didn't get a boy like they wanted Mom thought she should at least have another pretty daughter. *rolls eyes* Unfortunatly, I tend to be mistaken for a boy even in full make-up. Irony, anyone? Thats why I prefer to shorten it to a nicer, humbler Nessa. Feels less like failed expectations, and more like a real person.

Mouse.......mouse is long and complicated story that involves horrible Childhood memories of family deaths and cronic Nightmares which I still suffer. It's how I heal. I share my Nightmares in the form of role-playing. Since World of Darkness came out with the "Innocents" core book that allows people to play Children. I've been using it to remove and bottle up the horrible things I see when I sleep. However, before I came up with doing that to expel them, the Nightmares didn't get shared. You know how it is. You try to tell someone about a nightmare, and they look at you like you're stupid because something that frightens one person might be mundane to another. However during one Nightmare, I saw something familiar. I saw Cheddar. Cheddar is a stuffed animal I've had since I was five, my Dad gave her to me. I've been sleeping with it since. (Yes even though I'm 26, my fiancee doesn't mind) Cheddar was just as animate as she was in my childhood imagiantion, and everywere she stepped the Nightmare started to go away. I woke up after that, and Cheddar the mouse has been my person mascot and symbol of Hope ever since.

Vanessa + Cheddar = Nessa Mouse

#71452 Transformers 2

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 24 June 2009 - 07:48 PM in Community Corner

Hmm. Instead of finishing thelist, I think I'll make a seperate post in the comic book section. Maybe have a few selct pics from each. Make it simple. Looking back at that post I was REALLY geeking out and apoligize for being annoying. I'm like that when exicted. :)

Oh yeah! And to answer the autobot tear duct thing, in the comics they do seem to leave off an electric discharge when upset in the comics. I wouldn't call them tear ducts though. Maybe they were trying to show the members of the audeince who aren't fangirls (points to self) that they're less "mindless robots" and more like "life-forms."

#71421 Transformers 2

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 23 June 2009 - 08:19 PM in Community Corner

On the subject of Jazz, did anybody else noticed they killed the "black" robot first? I'm talking his voice, but still 0.o?

I read the movie novelization when it first came out and can say for sure that Jetfire (Squee!) and a Wheelie type character are in it. For those of you fortunate to never see the 80's Wheelie I'll just say he was a very, very small autobot that was fine until he opened his mouth. He spoke in verse for whatever reason, but thankfully he just seems to repeat himself and forget to speak english in the movie as well as changing his name to "Wheels" instead. But despite all this he had one of the best entries in the Spotlight series. I think they were trying to make him likeable for the movie.

As for Arcee and the subject of Lady transformers? Every series has a different story.

The 80's one girls were always there, but Megatron killed them all except one fighting unit that contained Arcee, Elita-1, Chromia, Moonjumper and Firestar. Elita-1 was in charge (and was Optimus' girl. Ooohhh!) but only Arcee joined the fight on Earth. The rest stayed behind to try to wrest control of Cybertron from Shockwave. There was also talk of the Lady bots getting their own series, but it got canned in the end. >.< No fair.

In some of the old school comics, the Ladies came to be after so many years. Only boys at first. While modern comics state that a rouge scientist introduced gender "Because he was curious, because he could." as Arcee put it, who was his first experiment and NOT happy about it. (Meaning Arcee was a boy first..?!) But what was so odd about that explanation was that there was no shock to the sudden appearance of females. The others just acted like they were always there, adopting the word "she" into their language like it was always there. Arcee scoffs at one Autobot who says "she" "Do you even know you're doing it?" In modern comics Arcee is Angry and a little Emo, I don't think I like it. The old school Arcee was much better.

*Looks at her post* Man I'm a geek. Um, just realized I made a lot of referance to the modern Transformers comics. Anybody else read them? If not I can post some goodness. The art is pretty awesome even if some of the stories aren't that great. Here is what I got:

*Transformers War Within and Dark Ages
Optimus' rise to power as prime as well a fight with a very ancient and evil Transformer. This is neat becuase it shows Optimus when he was just a paper pusher in the Archives.

*Transformers Beast Wars Vol.1 and 2
Not to be confused with the show although it's happening in the background thanks to confusing time rifts and dimensional warps. Great art but the story can leave you scratching your head a bit.

*Transformers Spotlight Vol. 1,2 and 3 Plus its Finale!
GREAT stuff. Individual Transfomers get some of their own backstory told. And several of the stories tie into the last issue in a grand finale. Awesome. To name a few 'Bots getting their dues: Galvatron, Arcee, Grimlock, Sixshot, Optimus, Wheelie, Nightbeat. They had better make more!! I still wanna see Ratchet or Bumblebee.

*Megatron Origins
Great! Instead of a Spotlight Megatron gets his book. Has some serious ass-kicking art. I wouldn't have thought robot gore was possible but oh yes it is.

I have lots more, but need to go to work....laters.

#71059 Team Mega Man!

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 10 June 2009 - 06:27 PM in Artwork

Took me a couple hours, and he's stuffed with polyfil. Zelda's going to take longer thanks to the fancy emblems on her dress. I'm using the Minish cap pics as my guide as you can see. Maybe after Zelda I'll do a Tetra. Or a Ganon, I like his sorcerer look from Wind Waker. Even though I seem to be the only girl on the planet that does like Wind Waker. *siiiiiigh*

#71026 Team Mega Man!

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 09 June 2009 - 07:07 PM in Artwork

Was playing Phantom Hourglass last night when I got the bug to do this:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Needless to say, Mini Zelda is next. My Sis held him up for me, She tans good. 0.0

#69764 NiGHTS in modern gaming genres

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 09 May 2009 - 02:39 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Hum, you really don't see arcade games anymore. *Sigh* End of a freakin' ERA, people. I'll never forget the hours and tokens wasted on the Dungeon and Dragons arcade game and Numan Athletes, which I've never seen again.

Anyway, back on subject. It's hard to put a 3-D game in the casual catagory I think. It takes a tremendous amount of work to make them compared to PopCap style games. That alone seperates NiGHTS games from casual for me.

#69649 NiGHTS shoes problem

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 04 May 2009 - 04:41 AM in Cosplay Zone

If you want to try and make them boot-like, try taking a normal pair of boots and covering with the foam the use in cheap matress pads and covering it with the desired color of cloth.

#69605 Reala Day 2009 Contest

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 02 May 2009 - 05:22 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

;.; If only I crocheted a little faster I could have entered my Reala doll. *Mopes* It's in creative stuff section if anybody is curious.

#69333 NiGHTS and Reala crotchet

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 22 April 2009 - 08:05 PM in Creative Stuff!

Thanks for the compliments everybody! As well as putting the post in the right spot. *Bwush!* I always do something Noobish when I join a new forum.

I bet Wizeman would be neat to make. The only thing would be his hands.....They're not really attatched to his body so I'd have to think of something clever to make it work well. Hurmmm...maybe if I use a doll stand to hold him up I could anchor some wire to the stand to hold up the hands. Yeeeeaaaaah.....I can do something with that. ^.^

I actually had a crazy idea at work yesterday for Puffy! Since it's almost Summertime, we're getting in lots of rubber balls. (I work at a Department store) One neat thing I could do is find a few of various sizes and crotchet around them, attach them and then add details to make it Puffy-like. I wouldn't have to worry about uneven stuffing, and if I use fine yarn I bet I could make it still bounce! Tee-hee...I'm up to mischief...

That's actually how I found this site BTW. I needed good clear pictures of NiGHTS and Reala to make the dolls, and this is where I ended up. ^.^ I think I have some printing to do!

#69299 What gender are you, and how do you see NiGHTS?

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 21 April 2009 - 06:17 PM in Poll Area

I'm a girl that is constantly being mistaken for a boy. >.< When I first discovered the game I thought NiGHTS was a boy for sure. Then I figured he/she would have a gender depending on who NiGHTS dualized with. I heard the Androgynous theory and thought, "That's fine, NiGHTS is a kind dream after all." Then I Played the Wii version and heard NiGHTS' voice. *criiinge* I just don't think it fits. I would have prefered a young boy voice than the girly one they used.

But isn't it funny? Nobody ever seems to question Reala's gender. As NiGHTS sibling, wouldn't he/she hard to figure out too? Something about Reala screams "male."

#69297 Reala's other voice clip

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 21 April 2009 - 02:16 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

When Reala says "There is no NiGHTS!" I always thought it had something to do with Wizeman creating them to be his servants. Reala is deathly loyal, and seems to think being created to serve Wizeman means thats all he is meant for. NiGHTS on the other hand is his/her own master, and argues with Wizeman in the Wii game about "Not being Puppets" and "Free will." I think, there for I am. By saying "There is no NiGHTS" he might mean "You are an empty vessal just like me." Wonder what would happen if Reala would ever realize he doesn't have to listen to Wizeman?

#69296 NiGHTS and Reala crotchet

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 21 April 2009 - 02:02 PM in Creative Stuff!

I'm not 100% sure if this should be under this topic. Crotchet and sewing are often lumped together, but my crotchet isn't of the wearable nature. Here goes nothing...

I'm posting my latest crotchet art dolls! NiGHTS and Reala. ^.^ I decided to use the outfits they wore in the Wii game since they had the most detail. All that's left is the necklace Reala wears, and I'm going to do a persona mask for each of them. I'm waiting to finish because I'm looking for just the right accent materials. I'll know them when I see them, I got that feeling that I need to wait.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The only thing is Reala has so much more detail than NiGHTS, it looks like I favored him. I'm thinking about making a Christmas NiGHTS to balance it out. If anybody has suggetions on what else to do next, just let me know!

#69295 I'm Nessa ^.^

Posted by Nessa Mouse on 21 April 2009 - 01:37 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hi all. I'm Nessa, and I'm a long time video game nut and NiGHTS fan. Even though I never got my own copy of the Original NiGHTS, it never stopped my fandom! I had the cheap-o Tiger brand hand game as well as the Archie comics. Anywho, for fun I crotchet toys. The NiGHTS universe looks like it was made for crotchet. I'll most likely hang out in the craftie sections of the forum so see you guys there.