Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Dreas's Content

There have been 9 items by Dreas (Search limited from 24-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#70146 Eurovision 2009

Posted by Dreas on 20 May 2009 - 09:24 AM in Community Corner

The new voting thing makes it more interesting now though 'neighbouring countries' still vote for eachother, the gits.
12 points from Cyprus to Greece, wow. I totally didn't see that coming e_e

A lot of countries did it. It was the same with Andorra giving twelve points to Spain, Bosnia and Herzegovina to Croatia and vice versa, Azerbaijan and Turkey. But it's also worth remembering about the cultures of these countries. The voted could be based on the fact that these countries genuinely like those songs best - but we'll never know for sure, will we?

#70104 Eurovision 2009

Posted by Dreas on 19 May 2009 - 09:07 AM in Community Corner

Personally I voted for Norway. Their victory was well deserved. The nordic songs were the ones that I liked the most: Norway's song, which I voted for, was hands down the best. I was, however, a bit disappointed that Denmark's song didn't get a higher score - but then again, it was not that important, as I believed Norway was the winner. I liked Sweden's, Malta's and Iceland's songs as well.
But seriously, that guy from Greece creeped me out! He was so nasty that I was yelling at the TV telling him to stop, and I was still shaken by it by the time Germany went on stage. So I couldn't help being reminded of the Greek guy during the German song, with the result of me being disgusted with both of them.

I had not seen the show for 15 years until this year, back when Ireland won every second time. And it has gotten a lot better.

#69367 Do you ever delete your A-Life data?

Posted by Dreas on 24 April 2009 - 12:11 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I do sometimes - and I do it for the sole reason of the music. I'm not much for remixes and have always preferred the originals, which is why I was very disappointed when I unlocked the so-called "original soundtrack" in JoD: Those are NOT the exact original tunes (with a few exceptions).
And I really do hope that they do not change the music or sound effects in any way, in case of a re-release for the Wii Virtual Console.

#69348 Do the controls still feel as bad as when you first played?

Posted by Dreas on 23 April 2009 - 07:49 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I had a lot of problems in the beginning too. I was happy as long as I could complete the stages.
But for me it's different. I never liked using the analogue or D-pad controllers (in any games), and I have always played console games - including NiD - using a stick controller, which is a controller option the Wii simply doesn't offer. I have, however, gotten used to the Remote+Nunchuck style now (got all A's now), but I will never be as good at JoD as I am at NiD, unless I somehow can find a useable stick controller for the Wii.

On a side note, I have actually found one level in the game where the Mindsight is useable, and even better suited (for me at least) than the Nunchuck option. And that's the Sky Concert; it's not easy, but i find it better.

#69347 What gender are you, and how do you see NiGHTS?

Posted by Dreas on 23 April 2009 - 07:21 AM in Poll Area

Nobody ever seems to question Reala's gender. As NiGHTS sibling, wouldn't he/she hard to figure out too? Something about Reala screams "male."

Actually I have. In the beginning I couldn't tell for sure, but I ended up concluding that Reala was just a female with a very deep voice (reminds me a bit of Grace Jones). But that changed when I got Journey of Dreams. Now he/she has suddenly scrapped the make-up and wears a mask instead, and the voice is undoubtly male.
So as far as I'm concerned, Reala in NiD is female, and Reala in JoD is male. I guess I've accepted the fact that sex change operations can occur in the dream world.

#69322 Danish greetings

Posted by Dreas on 22 April 2009 - 05:21 AM in Introduce Yourself

Greetings fellow Nights fans.

I am Andreas from Denmark. I have been a fan of NiGHTS ever since I got the original game when the Saturn was released. Unfortunately I have never been aware of any fan communities dedicated to the game, and I only have a single friend who likes the game almost as much as I do. So for thirteen years I have been almost all alone in the world with my love for Nights.

About a week ago I stumbled across this community by accident, and then I immideately knew I had to join. I am so happy to have found you!

I am a proud owner of both consoles and all three games, of which I only obtained Christmas Nights last week.
You are more than welcome to write me (yes that was an invitation to do so).

#69309 Christmas NiGHTS for cheap!

Posted by Dreas on 21 April 2009 - 09:41 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I just found a PAL version of Chistmas NiGHTS on Bay two weeks ago.
I bought it instantly for $39. I never thought I would get a chance to play that game in my life.

#69308 NiGHTS in other games?

Posted by Dreas on 21 April 2009 - 09:37 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I once named my city in Sim City 2000 Twin Seeds. Now in the later years I sometimes name one of my cities Twin Seeds in Civilization 4.
I have, however, never named a city Bellbridge. But that's just because I haven't played it since I started playing Journey of Dreams. ;-D

#69307 Analog controller , or D-pad?

Posted by Dreas on 21 April 2009 - 09:17 PM in Poll Area

I don't like any of them.
I have always played NiGHTS into Dreams using a Virtua Stick controller. It offers SO much more control than any of the regular controller options.
Unfortunately that option is unavailable on the Wii, thus my performance in Journey of Dreams isn't nearly half as good as when I play the original game.
I still own an analogue controller, and have only used it a few times.