Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Piper24's Content

There have been 33 items by Piper24 (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100129 Your Personal Ideya++

Posted by Piper24 on 07 November 2012 - 02:37 AM in Poll Area

If I had to choose one, I think mine would probably be white as well. I'd say yellow would be a strong second. I don't think I'm especially intelligent/wise, so I don't think blue or green would be my strongest. And I certainly don't have a red ideya; I'm too much of a scaredy-cat. :P

I think all dreamers have all the Ideya, just not in equal strengths.

I used to think that, too, until I found this page on the old NiGHTS site that states that "There are five different Ideya, although few people have them all." And yet, in JoD, Owl says that "All Visitors originally possess a total of five different Ideya." I have no idea which statement should be considered the "correct" one.

Maybe everyone has five Ideya total, but not necessarily one of each type? Maybe that's a part of what makes Claris, Elliot, Helen, and Will so special; they have all five separate types.

I guess it's really open to interpretation. That's a part of what makes me like the NiGHTS series so much; a lot of it is unexplained (or not explained very well) so the players can decide for themselves what to think.

Sorry, that was off-topic, wasn't it?
I choose white! :D

#100083 NiGHTS into Gameworks

Posted by Piper24 on 31 October 2012 - 05:41 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

That sounds like a lot of fun! =)

I would definitely have missed NiGHTS there, too, if my friend hadn't pointed him out. He's in a spot that can be hard to notice unless you happen to be looking his way as you're going up or down those stairs.

#100061 NiGHTS into Gameworks

Posted by Piper24 on 23 October 2012 - 02:01 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Yeah, it is odd that Sonic is not included in the mural, but he was still represented elsewhere in the arcade. You couldn't miss him. :)

#100057 NiGHTS into Gameworks

Posted by Piper24 on 22 October 2012 - 07:07 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

There's a mall a couple of hours away from where I live. It's a big mall that we go to when we need something we're not likely to find in our rural area. This mall has a Gameworks arcade; as much as I love video games, I've never been all that interested in arcades, so I have only been in there a couple of times when some friends wanted to go. I haven't been in the arcade since I found out about NiGHTS (in fact, I haven't been in there in years). But yesterday, while I was at this mall with some friends of mine, they suggested we go spend some time at the arcade.

There was a great big mural on the wall to the left of the entrance, next to some stairs. I didn't actually notice it until one of my friends pointed it out to me, and it so happens that NiGHTS is on it! I wish I had a camera with me, but I didn't, so I took some pictures of NiGHTS (and with him... I just couldn't resist =P) with my cell phone. It's bad enough that they're cell phone pictures, but they're even lower quality because of the dim lighting in the arcade. Oh well... it was the best I could do at the time. Maybe I'll go back another time with a real camera and get a shot of the entire mural so you guys can see it. I tried to get a full shot with my cell phone but it didn't work. =/

Anyway, I just had to share this awesome NiGHTS sighting!
The painting is actually a bit bigger than it looks in the pictures; I'm much closer to the camera than NiGHTS, which makes him look a lot smaller than he actually was (I'm not actually touching the wall-- none of us could reach that far, unfortunately; I think there's still a good two feet or so between my hand and his).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT-- I found a picture taken by a user named CodyMau on DeviantArt that shows more of the mural if you'd like to have a look:
http://codymau.devia...Mural-100241992

#99592 Information needed!

Posted by Piper24 on 24 July 2012 - 05:15 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Ah, okay. Had to know! :)

Well if you are ever able to make a NiGHTS short film, I look forward to seeing it!
Any thoughts on what it would be about? Would it be based on NiD and/or JoD? Or maybe a prequel to explain why NiGHTS turned against Wizeman? Something else?

#99577 Information needed!

Posted by Piper24 on 23 July 2012 - 06:19 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Then providing I can find the time to learn an industry standard renderer, I can make a NiGHTS short film! :D

That would be amazing! :lol:

But that comment plus your avatar and username makes me have to ask...
I realize the name may be just a coincidence, but are you Eddie Lebron? The one behind that awesome Megaman Fan Film and the upcoming Sonic one?

#99520 Which console will you be getting the port for?

Posted by Piper24 on 17 July 2012 - 08:39 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I don't have an XBOX 360 or a PS3, so I'll have to stick with the PC version. But a friend of mine is looking forward to playing it on his XBOX. =)

#99498 Mayura's Art Stuffage

Posted by Piper24 on 14 July 2012 - 03:30 AM in Creative Stuff!

Your art is fantastic! I love your tumblr, too, I signed up just so I could follow it.
Great work! :)

#99471 Archie is Making a Sonic & Mega Man Crossover

Posted by Piper24 on 11 July 2012 - 05:26 AM in Community Corner

Archie will apparently be making a Sonic and Mega Man crossover comic next year:

http://kotaku.com/59...omics-crossover
http://www.rockmanco...ds-collide.html
http://www.rockmanco...er-details.html

I have to say, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I'm not a frequent comic reader, so I'm not too familiar with Archie's work; I don't really know what to expect. I did read their NiGHTS comic, though, and... well... I hope this one turns out a little better than that at least. :P

But whether it turns out well or not, I think it's still a very interesting idea and I can't wait to see what they do with it. :)

#99353 NiGHTS manga

Posted by Piper24 on 07 July 2012 - 08:51 PM in Creative Stuff!

The Ideya Palace Icon that jofamo made might make a useful reference for you: http://jofamo.devian...-Icon-152806560

#99309 Campaign SUCCESS

Posted by Piper24 on 06 July 2012 - 08:02 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Since I first started playing NiGHTS only recently, I haven't been a part of this community for very long. So I haven't had to wait as long for this as many of you have, but I am still very happy to see that it has happened!! I definitely wanted to see NiGHTS Into Dreams become more easily available. I'm sure there are lots of people out there who would love this game, but simply haven't discovered it yet. I hope this port will bring many more fans for NiGHTS! =)

This sums up my response to the news quite nicely.

Thank you Sega, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!
And congratulations to NiGHTS and to all NiGHTS fans! What a wonderful anniversary surprise!! :D

Admittedly, though, I am a bit disappointed to not see it for the Wii. The 3DS would have been nice too-- it would have been awesome to play NiD with 3D graphics! But it really doesn't matter in the end. This is still a great success!

I don't have an XBOX or a PS3, but I will happily buy and play the PC version to show my appreciation and support. Just probably not right away (it figures we get this exciting news right after I finally buy the original game & a Saturn to play it on... what great timing I had! :rolleyes:). I know one of my friends will be getting it to play on his XBOX, too.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY NiGHTS!! :D

#99308 Finally, I can play NiD!

Posted by Piper24 on 06 July 2012 - 07:09 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I've managed to do it. Is that a glitch present on every single version? Sounds weird, I've never heard anything about it....

Oh, good!! It can be done!
I'm not sure if the glitch is present on every (or even any) version. I haven't noticed this glitch myself. If it's true at all, maybe it was only a problem for some copies (maybe early ones?). I have no idea...
It sounded weird to me, too, so I just had to ask about it.

Below is a video of how to get 2.0 on Clawz...Miles is the master at beating the bosses as fast as possible!

WOW! That is unbelievably fast. :o
So it is definitely possible-- just not easy (despite how easy the video made it look)! It must take a LOT of skill and practice to pull that off.

I have a long way to go, I'm terrible at fighting Clawz. :lol:
Practice, practice, practice...

#99224 Finally, I can play NiD!

Posted by Piper24 on 05 July 2012 - 05:37 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I just finally got a Sega Saturn (saw one for a decent price, couldn't pass it up). So, naturally, I also bought NiGHTS Into Dreams.

I noticed that NiD is a bit more challenging than JoD, or at least it seems that way to me. For most of the levels, I'm still struggling to get C's. Guess I've got some practicing to do!

I'm also having some trouble getting decent scores on a few of the bosses, so I looked online for tips on improving my scores. I came across this guide at GameFAQs. When looking at information about the bosses in this guide, I saw this bit referring to the Clawz battle:

"There is a bug in NiGHTS where it never gives you the full 120 seconds you should, and they cut this boss so close, you can't get a 2.0. You usually get 117 seconds on the clock (okay, the final fight you do get 120 seconds)"

So now I'm curious...
Is it really impossible to score a 2.0 on Clawz? Or has anyone here managed to do it?

#99005 Project X Zone

Posted by Piper24 on 12 April 2012 - 07:31 PM in Community Corner

I know; I don't care much for the characters Sega chose to include. I would have loved to see NiGHTS in it. And you'd think they would have at least included Sonic.

But I am excited about X and Zero being in the Capcom group, as well as Kite and Blackrose for Namco Bandai (I'm a big fan of both Megaman X and .hack). Still wish NiGHTS or Sonic were in the game, though. =/

#98999 Project X Zone

Posted by Piper24 on 12 April 2012 - 02:28 AM in Community Corner

This game looks like it might be interesting; a crossover game for the 3DS called Project X Zone, made by Sega, Capcom, and Namco Bandai. Sadly, no NiGHTS (not even Sonic for that matter) but the list of characters is still pretty long.

Quoted from Protodude's Rockman Corner:

the game is called Project X Zone (the 'X' is pronounced as "cross"). The game is a strategy RPG featuring characters from all three companies.
According to the magazine, characters will team up in pairs for fight scenes.

The included characters (from the same post at Protodude's Rockman Corner) are:

Capcom
Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter Zero), X and Zero (Mega Man), Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry), Chris and Jill (Resident Evil)

Sega
Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars), Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter), Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles), Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA)

Namco Bandai
Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars), Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken), Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga), Yuri and Estelle (Tales of Vesperia), Kite and Black Rose (.hack)

Several screenshots can be found here on Famitsu.com for those interested (and an English-translated version via Google Translate here).

Just thought I'd make a post about it in case anyone here might be interested in it, but hadn't heard about it yet. :)

#98884 Create A NiGHTS Mii!

Posted by Piper24 on 30 January 2012 - 07:56 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I thought it would be better than to create a new one about the same thing.

I have been playing around with the 3DS Mii Maker and this was the best I could manage for NiGHTS and Reala (though I did use some ideas from all the great Mii's that have already been posted here! :)). I wish it were possible to make hats for Mii's (or at the very least give them unnatural hair colors).

Well, anyway, here are my (failed) attempts :P:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#98862 Reala is Horrible

Posted by Piper24 on 16 January 2012 - 07:31 PM in Creative Stuff!

Thank you very much, General Reala!

Yes, I have watched DNAngel. It was a favorite anime of mine at one time. :D

And actually, I do use Windows Movie Maker, but I use it in combination with VirtualDubMod (as well as a number of filters I have downloaded for it, and its built-in Avisynth script editor). First, I clip the videos in VirtualDub (and add effects with the filters if I need to do something with the clips that Movie Maker can't do), then I put each clip onto the storyboard/timeline in Movie Maker (along with the music) and use Movie Maker's effects/transitions when needed.

If you'd like, I can have a look around and see if I can find links to download the filters I've used with VirtualDubMod (it comes with some filters already, but several of the ones I use are third-party and didn't come with it).

#98856 Reala is Horrible

Posted by Piper24 on 15 January 2012 - 06:17 AM in Creative Stuff!

Whoops, sorry about that, infractus!

Thank you for merging them. :)

#98849 Owl City

Posted by Piper24 on 13 January 2012 - 10:28 PM in Community Corner

That link doesn't seem to go where you wanted it to go, so here's an embed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1UrGo74IN4

I love Owl City. Even though the lyrics for many of the songs don't make much sense, they're still beautiful somehow. And the music is so lovely and relaxing. =)

I actually hadn't listened to Owl City in a long time (since before I started playing NiGHTS), but listening to it again, now with NiGHTS in mind... I see what you mean. Wow!

Particularly these parts:

--- --- ---

"And when you close your tired eyes
I'll meet you there"

---

"Deep inside of you there's a ruby glow ( <--- Red Ideya? :P )
And it gets brighter then you and I will ever know"

---

"Oh, I tend to disappear here and there
So concentrate and you'll feel me everywhere"

---

"If you're lost when you close your eyes
I'll meet you there"

--- --- ---

This would be a very fitting song for a NiGHTS music video. =)

#98835 Reala is Horrible

Posted by Piper24 on 10 January 2012 - 07:43 PM in Creative Stuff!

Thank you, Diputs. :)

Nope, didn't turn them off (I wish!). I tried to find a way to do that, even tried some subtitle removers (with terrible results I might add). I couldn't get rid of them, so I only used parts where no subtitles were shown.

#98829 My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posted by Piper24 on 10 January 2012 - 06:36 AM in Community Corner

I...I have to draw a NiGHTS pony in this style...but that requires stopping watching...

I meant to say this before, but I would love to see that if you do draw it. :)

Hopefully this isn't too off-topic, but I actually found some NiGHTS-related MLP art on DeviantArt. None of these are mine, though I hope it is okay to share what I found anyway:

NiGHTS as a pony
Another NiGHTS pony
NiGHTS, Jackle, and Reala as ponies
Jackle as a pony [1] [2]

#98826 short Reala sketch animation

Posted by Piper24 on 10 January 2012 - 04:40 AM in Creative Stuff!

Excellent work once again! Your animations are unbelievable. :)

#98820 Reala is Horrible

Posted by Piper24 on 09 January 2012 - 11:58 AM in Creative Stuff!

I made another NiGHTS music video. =)
I decided to challenge myself this time by trying not to use any subtitled clips from JoD.

This one took quite a bit longer than the others. It is done to the song "Tell Me Why" by Declan Galbraith.

I could not upload this one to YouTube (well, I could, but YouTube blocked it in so many countries because of the song that it was pointless to upload it there). So I uploaded it to Photobucket instead. Doesn't seem like I can embed it here, so here is a link:

NiGHTS - Why

#98817 NiGHTS hangman

Posted by Piper24 on 08 January 2012 - 03:23 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Wow, I haven't played Hangman in a loooong time.

Thanks for this! It's a lot of fun. :)

#98723 I be invadin' your forums...

Posted by Piper24 on 21 December 2011 - 06:56 AM in Introduce Yourself

Welcome, RhapsodyDusk!

I like to write fanfiction, too. I'm just bad about finishing them; I get about halfway through, get bored, then start a new one. Very few of my stories ever get finished. =P

And I've occasionally done a couple of silly fandub things with friends for fun, but I've never tried to fandub/voice any characters seriously. Definitely something I want to try someday, though-- it really seems like it would be a lot of fun. :D

Anyways, welcome!! I hope you enjoy your time here. :)