Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

The Sleeping Pian's Content

There have been 29 items by The Sleeping Pian (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99771 The Music ! <3

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 01 October 2012 - 12:13 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Consistently pretty music although not my favourite. It is perfect for the context of the game but I can't listen to the soundtrack on continuous play in the background of other things (I can listen to the Lucid Dreaming album though). I like the music that plays in Splash Garden best.

You mean you can't listen to the loops? You've heard of the full versions in the (newer) ost right? They're almost 10 minutes long each, and they're basically just all of the moods.

#99103 You know you've played too much NiGHTS when....

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 19 May 2012 - 01:28 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

-whenever you bow, you do it in a NiGHTSY fashion

YES! GUILY!!! GUILYGUILYGUILYGUILYGUILYYYY!!!!!! NO WORDS CAN EVEN DECRIBE* HOW AWKWARDLY I BOW :D

But it's all for NiGHTS :3

#99102 The Music ! <3

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 19 May 2012 - 12:54 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

So what's everybody's favorite track? What feelings do they invoke? How do you feel about the entire soundtrack itself? And what's everybody's favorite *Complete Version* of the 6 dream tracks?

Feel free to discuss everything here(: (Yes, I know there's probably been tons of posts titled 'music' or something-similar, but I hope to make this one more discussional and in-depth than previous soundtrack topics)

Personal, I can't even deside which track I prefer.... probably Paternal Horn, Suburban Museum, or The Amazing Water..? They all are inspiring to the same extent! :P But the complete edits of the 6 dream BGMs are a savior, lol. Makes them even MORE memorable!

#98600 D:

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 12 November 2011 - 02:52 PM in Community Corner

Anyone else notice how Will's dad issmiling at Will's friends ear?
<!bite!>

#98570 What are you all doing this Halloween?

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 04 November 2011 - 12:40 AM in Community Corner

Nothing much, just the usual. Also trying to get used to typing in this stupid wii. I've never been a halloween fan,I prefer christmas. But my sister went to a halloween party dressed as a scottish zombie

haha scottish zombie beats regular zombie any day XD
i was a mexican cat once :P

#98547 Theme of a Tragedic Revenge

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 29 October 2011 - 07:49 PM in Poll Area

I feel like if I actually thought about it before saying it, I would say "Tra-GEE-ic". But I don't thing. I just speak. And it comes out "Tragic".

4 for Team EYE-DEE-YA! I still say it like that just because I hate saying it like "Idiot".

...although I did say Reala's name like "reality"... if that can be considered wrong.

i'm sorry but "reality" is just out of nowhere :P

#98545 My Favorite Band.

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 27 October 2011 - 11:45 PM in Community Corner

I don't have a problem with acoustic music. I just don't think they're a band I'd listen to for long.

hmmm, i might have to change that :)
don't worry, link be comin soon

#98543 My Favorite Band.

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 27 October 2011 - 08:14 PM in Community Corner

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with infractus. With that said, I just listened to their song "Trouble" on YouTube. I can't say I'm a fan but it's got a nice melody. I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to joke around or anything but when the singing first came in I thought the singer was a female but eventually the voice started sounding a bit more masculine.

well, it's all talent i guess
i mean, to be able to hit higher notes
buut if you're not into their older acoustic songs their newer rock sound might interest you :)

#98520 My Favorite Band.

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 24 October 2011 - 11:57 PM in Community Corner

My favorite band is Never Shout Never.
Who else here likes them? :)

#98510 Ever encounter NiGHTS?

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 23 October 2011 - 11:12 PM in Dream Discussion

That seems right.

The following is a stupid question.
It sometimes makes me wonder if there was any chance of people dreaming about a purple jester before NiGHTS was ever thought about (even before Naka dreamt it)? Looking at an American Dream Dictonary written some time before NiGHTS was created and to dream of Jesters (though it is not a good sign) was popular enough to be added. Could that count as seeing NiGHTS if someone in the distant past dreamt of a friendly purple jester?

Even that, I'm afraid, would be just a coincidence. Unless the character was spot-on NiGHTS look-alike, it would just be a coincidence. I wonder if someone was messed-up enough to dream that before NID though?

#98492 NiGHTS Shirt/Hoodie Ideas?

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 23 October 2011 - 12:28 PM in Creative Stuff!

I don't have a good, concrete understanding of the design I'm about to try and explain here but for the longest time I've been imagining a shirt with both Reala and NiGHTS on it that was in a sort of abstract design. The two colors I always see are purple and red.

I've lazily thrown an example together in MS Paint:

Posted Image

It's like that but NiGHTS and Reala would be clearly seen although a bit broken up. Again, although I myself imagined this I really am having trouble comprehending it myself. I debated even sharing it because of my lack of understanding but maybe just seeing this idea will get your mind moving more into what direction you want to take.

I get this.
It's like putting a pic on top of a pic of NiGHTS, then cutting them up and putting themback together like a puzzle.
That's actually a fantastic idea! :)

#98485 Ever encounter NiGHTS?

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 22 October 2011 - 02:31 AM in Dream Discussion

Heh, I did warn my logic is insane didn't I?

Let me see if I can give an analogy:

Let's say you have a pond in your backyard. If you go out one morning, you see quite a few ripples. You yourself didn't see or hear anything that got thrown in, but you know the expected result of something being thrown in would create ripples. Also, if your pond was circular enough and you saw it shortly after the rock was thrown in, you could tell where it had hit. That process, using what you see to predict what happened, is observing the effect(ripples) and deducing the cause(rock or other thing thrown in). I was just doing the same thing, but trying to prove something a little more complex using basic knowledge of how a human mind typically reacts. Also, I overanalyze things and jump to conclusions.

Ohhh, I understand now, thanks. tHAT makes a lot of sense actually. so you're saying that the cultural impact of NiGHTS is the effect, ad so there must have been a cause. Although I don't think the cause was NiGHTS being real, the cause would probably be the creation of NID in the first place.
Cause: Naka made a beautiful game that had the potential to inspire many people.
Effect: The beauty of Naka's inspiring game cause a very marge cultural impact.

#98484 NiGHTS Shirt/Hoodie Ideas?

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 22 October 2011 - 02:25 AM in Creative Stuff!

Felt would probably be the easiest to work with, but it might not look the best. I'm not too up on my fabrics, though.

But the only problems I have with felt are that a. you have to glue it down on the shirt, so it COULD fall off. and b. felt kinda frays a little
I'm more into the idea of drawing a design on the shirt, but I really like that NiGHTS/Reala torso idea

#98476 Ever encounter NiGHTS?

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 21 October 2011 - 07:14 PM in Dream Discussion

I'm going to add my two cents and insane logic to the discussion here...

I'd say the reaction of fans across the world has more or less proved NiGHTS exists. There is no logical explanation for what caused a short, childlike game to become so popular to the point where most of the fans' artwork and music seems to reflect it in some way. Heck, before I played JoD if I had read a plot summary or heard how it ended I would have thought it a kid's game that holds no value or meaning for me, but after actually playing it and seeing what NiGHTS is about I've lived with 'Dreams Dreams' in my head for four months.

Basic cause and effect: if the effect exists, there must be a cause, and if the most logical cause is not contradicted by evidence, the most logical cause is right.

you're confusing me. I'm pretty sure NiGHTS isn't real in the real world, but is by default in our dreams to some extent.
So what's that mean exactly? that cause/effect thing at the bottom thar. you confuse me

#98469 NiGHTS Shirt/Hoodie Ideas?

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 21 October 2011 - 02:05 AM in Creative Stuff!

Maybe use fabric to recreate NiGHTS' or Reala's vest and chest?

that's actually a really cool idea!
now what exactly do you have in mind when you mention fabric?

is that one of the best materials I could use?
if not, what is? (srry lotsa questions)

#98467 Ever encounter NiGHTS?

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 21 October 2011 - 02:02 AM in Dream Discussion

Let's see: Naka said NiGHTS came to him in a dream. NiGHTS exists in dreams according to the games. Thus, if anyone is to dream about him, he's real.

At least that's my logic. :P

that's something a friend of mine once said actually. "if nights is a jester that exists in dreams, and he is in our dreams, he is is a jester that really does exist in dreams, and so he's real in a sense"

Isn't this complicated?

#98463 Razer's NiGHTS Sculptures

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 21 October 2011 - 01:52 AM in Creative Stuff!

Nice work! These are actually really good sculptures, especially for someone who isn't in a sculpting business. :)
I don't mean to be mean though, but that vShleep scares me lol. :P

#98459 NiGHTS Cake!

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 21 October 2011 - 01:45 AM in Creative Stuff!

Actually, that doesn't sound half bad, and I was planning on baking some mini muffins soon anyway....

Mini muffins with maren-faces? I can just imagine the Jackle one. It will be awesome! Some will be coffee, and others chocolate! :)

off to the kitchen to make a new cake!!

Also: For your entertainment.....Posted Image

hahaha

#98458 NiGHTS Shirt/Hoodie Ideas?

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 21 October 2011 - 01:08 AM in Creative Stuff!

Hey I'm thinking about making a NID shirt or hoodie , but I have no clue what would be a cool design or how I could go about getting it on there. Does anyone kmnow any good quality ways of how to do this?
And does anyone have any good ideas for a really cool design?
Your help would be appreciated, thanks. :)

#98447 Reala's other voice clip

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 20 October 2011 - 10:50 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Here is my translation of the page I mentioned above (http://nights.sega.j...mon/aadima.html).

Yeah, Reala's dying line is not here, so I don't know what he says.

...but I'd assume it's something like: "NiGHTS... f*** you"

thanks for the transcriptions bro
haha wtf Puffy, that's creepy

#98439 Ever encounter NiGHTS?

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 19 October 2011 - 11:52 PM in Dream Discussion

XD yeah, honesty is key to victory! o_O;
Say if NiGHTS were to visit me however, I have no idea how I would react, I would probably get excited and lose lucidity or I could be really calm and just uh, chill with him lol. But yeah it would be hard to identify him to be actually there, or literally a figment to our imagination. If you try to dream abut him, it probably wont be the real him but if it just kind of happens without warning, theres still always the chance it may not really be him but it just seems more significant. If theres anything I can say about visitors in my dreams, there is a particular Maren that has visit me 3 or 4 times while lucid, and thats obviously MiD and he has visit me on many occasions while awake, but not in the physical realm, and thats why its hard to explain lol.

wait... not to start a fight or anything (please no) or hurt feelings or sh!t.... butt..
do you guys think NiGHTS is real? like there from the beginning of time?
because i noticed you said something about it being you imagining NiGHTS or the "real" NiGHTS

#98438 Singing Dreams Dreams in a dream

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 19 October 2011 - 11:44 PM in Dream Discussion

I doubt it , haha. but that's a very sweet dream actually. it's like the song helped you conquer your fears and made everything happy and warm, helping others allthewhile. :D

#98437 Melody Box

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 19 October 2011 - 09:24 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

The NID:Perfect Album is actually the product of all of those moods in order. That's what spawned the "complete versions".
you shouldm check em out on youtube.

#98436 Your Dream World

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 19 October 2011 - 09:20 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Mine would probably havesome giant instuments similar to Stardust Speedway (SonicCD), lots of forested areas. Along with many suburban areas of course, because that's art too. there would always be blue skies. somewhere in there there would be a church, cuz I'm supa-christian. And there would be lots of animals, including cows. Wait, wouldn't those actually those actually be multiple different Dream Worlds, wouldn't it? Oh well.

*Sorry, that was really bad grammar haHA

#98435 Hello. :)

Posted by The Sleeping Pian on 19 October 2011 - 09:04 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hi, welcome to the forums! ^_^ Clarinet huh? That would make for a wonderful instrument to have for a NiGHTS song! :D

thanks! and yeah the bass clari sounds really nice with Dreams Dreams.