Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Kraken's Content

There have been 2 items by Kraken (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#68279 Hum, interesting.

Posted by Kraken on 12 March 2009 - 01:16 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Ah, thanks. Another thing that I forgot about the forums is how to use the search feature. =/ Sorry about that.

#68271 Hum, interesting.

Posted by Kraken on 12 March 2009 - 04:01 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Yeah, I've been gone a while. A LONG while. Heck, I'm probably forgotten completely. But I'm still a NiGHTS fan, still dreaming in college at age 19. So odd that I'm almost 20 years old...holy crud.

Anyway, we read Paradise Lost in my Comparative Literature class, and the more I thought about it, the more I reminisced about NiGHTS. Quite interesting - the storyline of NiGHTS itself is directed towards a younger crowd, but the undertone is something that they can't possibly grasp. For those that haven't read it (and I HIGHLY recommend it, Christian or no, it's still amazingly written), it deals with the fall of humanity, as well as Satan. Milton busted out something pretty interesting, however - he conveyed Mr. Demon Man as something of a tragic hero. To oversimplify, he started his rebellion against God due to his hatred of bowing to someone above him. He cherished his freedom - his independence - and was willing to go against the one who created him in order to secure this. Granted, Satan's still evil in Paradise Lost, but the independence is there.

I had a dream about NiGHTS the night before last, actually, and the connection hit me a little bit through the day. Our dear jester friend's relationship to Wizeman is *remarkably* similar to the one in Paradise Lost, complete with NiGHTS's free will speech to Wizeman (paraphrased: We can act on our own and make our own decisions even if you think otherwise because we have free will). I highly doubt that this is coincidental (it may be, but I doubt it). It's too strong a connection. Wizeman is undeniably evil in this case, but it struck me as interesting that Sega decided to subvert the whole creator/created rebellion thing to make us root for the free-spirited NiGHTS.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi after so long, ask how things are going, and strike up a good conversation if you guys are still around. You're the only ones that I could possibly talk to regarding this matter - nobody else I've met has even heard of NiGHTS, let alone would have a discussion about it.