Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Damien's Content

There have been 5 items by Damien (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99156 Summer of Sonic 2012

Posted by Damien on 28 June 2012 - 09:22 PM in Community Corner

Will anybody from the UK Nights camp be attending SOS 2012? I shall be there. Last year was fun. I derrived dangerous amounts of pleasure watching Mr Naka take pictures of the crowd with his phone/camera whilst sporting that gentle smile, listening to a large crowd of sonic fans chanting for Julien K to play "This Machine", avoiding the chilli dogs, briefly meeting the boys from the band and telling Mr Shuck how much Orgy's music changed my life, dying of heat exhaustion, playing the new sonic game, screaming HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIC....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in unison with everyone else in the room and watching some guy propose to his partner on stage.

Sonic fans are crazy (in a good way) and I look foward to next weekend!

#99094 Jhonen Vasquez

Posted by Damien on 16 May 2012 - 02:05 PM in Community Corner

I loved I feel sick part one but sadly I never got my hands on the second part. Another goth comic from back in 2000 that I used to like was "Gloom Cookie". The first two volumes of that comic was awesome. I loved those black and white drawings. It's a shame there isn't anything like that out there anymore. I need a time machine!

#99093 NiGHTS: Descent into Dreams

Posted by Damien on 16 May 2012 - 01:40 PM in Creative Stuff!

The definitive topic to chat about Descent into Dreams, ask questions or throw tomatoes at me! :D

Keep it on topic and I promise I wont chase you out the forum with pitchforks ~
(... maybe)

It looks great, the style is so nice to look at. The mug with all the bubbles and the snap shot of you interviewing the sonic creators at the last SOS were my favourite images. I hope you somehow include a drawing of the Sega Saturn. It's a console that needs to be immortalised in art. It looks like you are going to use all of the stories and adventures that you've accumulated over the past fifteen years, keeping the memory of Nights into Dreams alive. I hope you include some of that stuff in the comic because it's all very interesting and entertaining. I have one question for you -

How long (how many pages) is the comic going to be?

#98802 National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

Posted by Damien on 03 January 2012 - 07:42 PM in Community Corner

I write but can never do NaNoWrMo. Generally, I write 4000 - 6000 words per month; massive bursts are not my style, i'm slow but steady. I got friends who get excited by it and try to churn 50k out but I don't know many ppl who succeed in writing that much in such a short space of time, especially if they are working.

What genre stuff do you write? (Sci-fi, romance, crime, fantasy, fan fiction, literary, magical realism, commerical, horror, young adult, etc)

#98801 new years resolutions!

Posted by Damien on 03 January 2012 - 07:31 PM in Community Corner

1. Write my second novel (80k words in one year)
2. Get first novel published (find agent first)
3. Practice more "Kung Fu" (without sustaining injuries)
4. Reply back to my friend's messages within one month
5. Learn to cook at least three decent/fancy meals

Hey Trippy, you could use a memory technique to memorize your phone number. That's what I had to do with my mobile no. I read about it in a book called, "Moonwalking with Einstein". It's about creating "Memory Palaces" by using a combination of visual and spatial memory to encode information in such a way that it sticks in your memory more. If you are interested I recomend you type "memory palace" or "linking method" into google.