Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

iVYRAVE's Content

There have been 18 items by iVYRAVE (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100613 Having trouble with the bosses?

Posted by iVYRAVE on 04 October 2013 - 11:20 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Damn with Jackle that was like a 1 man tennis game. 

#100610 Have people/things you know taken different forms in dreams?

Posted by iVYRAVE on 01 October 2013 - 02:02 PM in Dream Discussion

What's bizarre with me is that, to help me sleep I play podcasts and interviews from my ipod. When I play Gorillaz themed stuff all my dreams suddenly become Gorillaz themed however if I play NiGHTS themed or other themed stuff it doesn't work.

#100609 Community Animal Crossing New Leaf Thread

Posted by iVYRAVE on 01 October 2013 - 02:00 PM in Community Corner

Unfortunately there's a crap internet connection here so I'll just leave my dream code instead

7900-2656-2105

Although still a WiP I have big plans for this town, so much so that I cannot contain my excitement, no going to spoil anything but by mid-November you shall see

#100603 NiGHTS into Dreams Virtual Console

Posted by iVYRAVE on 22 September 2013 - 09:01 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

That would be cool, I'm still waiting for an Android port as well

#100586 Get Better Sleep

Posted by iVYRAVE on 04 September 2013 - 09:34 PM in Dream Discussion

With me it's two things.

The first thing with me is getting to sleep in the first place.

When I was 9 I lost my grandmother, the night after she died I could have sworn I saw her wandering about our spare room, for years afterwards I refused to go in there at night time and struggled to sleep in darkness, constantly seeing shadows and hearing footsteps. Ever since I was 11 or so I've had to have a nightlight (or some substitute such as a phone or even my laptop on worse nights) in my room but that still that's not good enough, if I even think the words 'Grandma Evelyn' ,'Granddad George' or even 'Ebony' (i.e. the names of deceased loved ones) I start to panic, if there's no on except me in the house at a late night I find myself shaking uncontrollably and hyper ventilating. 

The only way I stop it was by playing something through speakers which were placed underneath my pillow, this could be from podcasts to a constant loop of all version of ai-di-la, Even watching ridiculously long youtube videos seems to help as it acts as a distraction from these thoughts. This seems to help and all but I feel I am getting too old to be afraid of such things but I cannot stop it.

Second thing is waking up. I'm one of those awkward people who has to be allergic to dust, meaning hayfever-like reactions all year long, pollen or no pollen. This allergy is so bad that I wake up at random times just to have a sneezing fit and it takes me roughly 3 hours to get back to sleep. Hopefully this is going to end soon a we're replacing some of the furniture in my room and I am seeing my doctor on Monday.

#100403 D:

Posted by iVYRAVE on 24 March 2013 - 12:38 PM in Community Corner

Hello guys!
At the moment I'm rebuilding the website using a cool new theme so it will look funny for a day.
But it's looking a bit empty lately so I will need some more Will's Dad photos (I cannot do it myself as I rarely get an opportunity to go on Photoshop).
I don't want to nick any of your pictures without permission first, SmashQueen's already given hers (to that I am eternally grateful) but I'll need some more.
So could have have your permission to post them on the blog? Pretty please?
(Or you could submit them if you have a tumblr blog already)

#100382 D:

Posted by iVYRAVE on 05 February 2013 - 11:12 PM in Community Corner

Oh... Oh no. Oh dear. I can't believe I forgot about this thread.

So after all this time, here's a new picture:

Posted Image
[S]>WILL: STRIFE!

Thanks for that, unfortunately tumblr on android doesn't take kindly to pictures so I hope the editing I've had to do is all right

#100380 D:

Posted by iVYRAVE on 05 February 2013 - 05:12 PM in Community Corner

Hello empty thread!
I come bringing important news for those Will's Dad lovers out there!
in an attempt to bring the will's daddiness back to life I have created a tumblr blog for all those who wish to enter anything
www.willsdad.tumblr.com
Hope you guys like this!

#100371 my little pony FiM like it or hate it

Posted by iVYRAVE on 23 January 2013 - 11:15 AM in Community Corner

i have respect for any of the mlp fans. and did you know that they might be incorprating story lines from the first two genterations of mlp to fim

I don't know whether you're from the UK or the US but there was a BBC article recetly about a past CBBC presenter critising modern children's TV for being too fast, noisy and gratuitous use of CGI graphics and I agree with him. Though FiM doesn't use CGI but for me it is too fast, too noisy and too sugar coated. I think incorporating the older generations would flat out ruin them as modernising it wouldn't be the same, leave the past in the past. If that kind of TV is what the kids like these days, fine but don't try to update old territory as it will most likely flop.

#100369 Your Personal Ideya++

Posted by iVYRAVE on 22 January 2013 - 10:11 PM in Poll Area

I think mostly green for me because I don't have a good self-esteem and I don't get the grades as well. But I always plan ahead and think things through before acting upon it.

#100368 Introducing Oneirus: The NiGHTS Into Dreams Card Game

Posted by iVYRAVE on 22 January 2013 - 10:08 PM in Creative Stuff!

Looks good, see if I can print off the cards sometime soon....

#100367 Ever encounter NiGHTS?

Posted by iVYRAVE on 22 January 2013 - 10:07 PM in Dream Discussion

I had a weird dream last night. I was going to sleep within my dream and in this dream within a dream I was lucid. I realised this and started to cry out for NiGHTS (like I always do when lucid) but Jackle turned up instead and then I started to cry because it was Jackle and not NiGHTS. Then I woke up in the dream I was originally dreaming.

#100366 The Magic Vending Machine

Posted by iVYRAVE on 22 January 2013 - 10:02 PM in Community Corner

You get Segata Sanshiro

I put in a ring

#100365 NiGHTS into Realism

Posted by iVYRAVE on 22 January 2013 - 09:18 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Just a thing to ponder...
I am currently writing a novella on NiGHTS (don't worry this will not be centric on my work but a discussion of the challenges it raises) taking place within (mostly) the waking world, and I have been thinking about the following issue for a while now.
The scenario of a waking world version of the plot of NiGHTS into Dreams (with each character from the night dimension becoming human) raises issues on how a successful translation can take place without losing too much of the game's aspects. Which aspects could be easily translated? which aspects would require some thought into translating and require representation? Which parts would be impossible?

For example the ideya would be an issue (unless you're putting the story in a more fantasy-based waking world with magic and divine intervention) but what sort of the thing could the ideya be? A possible solution is to have the marens represented as bullies who get to Claris and Elliot (when they crack represents when the ideya is taken) and then someone (i.e. NiGHTS) would have to step in a counselling role, the regaining of the ideya would be Elliot and Claris recovering from the experience and solving the problem, but that sacrifices the ideya's physical form and loses point of each level, perhaps courage, hope etc. could be mentioned within dialogue.

Would this be impossible or are there ways for a successful translation? Discuss....

#100364 my little pony FiM like it or hate it

Posted by iVYRAVE on 22 January 2013 - 07:45 PM in Community Corner

I hate FiM, but not My Little Pony.
When I was a little girl collecting my little ponies was one of my hobbies. My grandfather and grandmother used to make trips down to the local car boot/flea market and would get them for me at 50p each. I acquired about 50+ ponies dating from the 1980's/90's before I grew up. When I first heard of this FiM show I watched it out of curiosity, and I temporarily liked it . But it just didn't seem to hold with me. I suppose it was down to that it was too different to the MLP I was familiar with, the art design the structure of the story etc. it didn't sit right with me at all.
It's quite sad now that MLP has moved on a lot, I used to have the Friendship Gardens game, which was the first ever thing I grew addicted to.
Another thing is that my traitor of an ex was a brony too, all I can now associate Bronies and FiM with is with him, it's painful seeing Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash crop up all over the place. Shame, they seem like good characters.
I respect your likes and dislikes and I hope you can respect mine.

#100354 Help with Media Studies

Posted by iVYRAVE on 14 January 2013 - 08:34 PM in Community Corner

I need your help. As past of my A2 Media Studies project I have to ask for other people’s opinions on what I have planned.
My project is on a videogame with a USP of introducing the younger generations to the games that the older generations would have recognised (i.e. Retro style).
The game is targeted at the younger generation of gamers with an age of 3+
The main plot is about a sock puppet called Rhett who gets kidnapped and held at a toy store (a toy story 2 esque scenario) and he must fight his way out to get home.
Here’s where I need your opinions
Would it be more suited to an RPG style or Platforming style?
I have idea of the name, but which is better Escape from the Toy Store or Rhett’s Adventure.
As part of the project I am doing
a commercial
2 sponsorship ads
a Radio ad
Can you think of any better alternatives?
Here’s a link to my blog so far, please let me know if there if there is any improvements I need to make
I need answers ASAP
Thanks
P.S. This is for marketing purposes not actually building the game myself, I have little time to actually build it or change the project now.

#100345 General SART game discussion topic

Posted by iVYRAVE on 03 January 2013 - 01:44 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I was wondering is there were different voice actors for NiGHTS and Reala? They sound different to JOD, especially Reala,

He sounds like Mr Burns from The Simpsons in this (especially at 6:10)

#100322 Incredible Christmas Easter Egg

Posted by iVYRAVE on 24 December 2012 - 06:30 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

As all of you know today is Christmas Eve. At my house the TV was surprisingly unoccupied so I thought I would pick up JOD. I then went to check on how my nightopians were doing and to my ultimate joy the most wonderful Easter egg happened. First of all (as per usual during this time of year) it was snowing in the Dream Garden but then, instead of a version of Ai-Di-La I heard this little tune instead

I feel like I could kiss SEGA right now
Anyone else seen this before?