Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Spleg's Content

There have been 11 items by Spleg (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#13390 What been rottin in your player?

Posted by Spleg on 26 August 2007 - 09:28 PM in Community Corner

a-ha. Lots and lots of a-ha. Namely, their first three albums.

Oh, and a selection of other 80s songs. ^_^

#13360 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Spleg on 26 August 2007 - 06:10 PM in Community Corner

Safety Dance - Men Without Hats

...DON'T JUDGE ME!

#7025 How do YOU Pronounce Reala?

Posted by Spleg on 03 June 2007 - 06:07 PM in Poll Area

I pronounce it somewhere in between Ray-luh and Ray-a-luh. The only problem with the first is that it sounds very similar to the title of a song by Derek and the Dominoes...

#5251 Greetings, Programs!

Posted by Spleg on 14 May 2007 - 09:52 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hearty welcomes to ya ^__^

Thanks, Zero 22!

lol Tron... Awesome, dude. Oh man...that's terrific...

Woo! More Tron fans! Blimey, I never though there'd be so many...

Welcome and howdy-do! I need to watch Tron again, it's been forever. I see I am not the only one who loves NiD but is not very good at the game! :)

And another Tron fan! Heh, NiD is tricky at first, isn't it? I think I'm slowly getting better - I've completed the first six levels, now I just need to get a 'C' ranking in them all to advance to Twin Seeds!

#5244 Your least favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams...

Posted by Spleg on 14 May 2007 - 09:25 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Gulpo. Bloody Gulpo!

Just when you think you've lined up your shot perfectly, you hit him and lose 5 seconds on his spines. And then you accidentally bump into a fish you didn't mean to and get whizzed across the screen again. Grr! Frustrating! :)

#5217 Your favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams

Posted by Spleg on 14 May 2007 - 03:51 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Jackle. No, Gillwing! No, definitely Jackle.

He's a crazy git with a maniacal laugh who for no reason has an infinite supply of cards. That, and his music is too funky for its own good. :)

#5142 MZ's avatars and junk!

Posted by Spleg on 13 May 2007 - 07:42 PM in Creative Stuff!

Awesome drawings! I love NiGHTS' facial expression in the last one. ^_^

#4948 Greetings, Programs!

Posted by Spleg on 11 May 2007 - 09:37 PM in Introduce Yourself

Nice! My other desktop, the really old one with 56k on it, is named Flynn.

Cool! Have you ever visited Tron-Sector? I go by the name NoExcuses there.

Yes. Yes you will. SPOON!

Spoon? Hmm... spoon indeed. You raise a valid question. Especially in sunflower oil. None of this olive junk. I used to think margarine was good for you, but now I just don't know any more.

#4934 Your gender

Posted by Spleg on 11 May 2007 - 06:09 PM in Poll Area

Male here. With long hair, of course. ;)

When describing NiGHTS to my friends, I often tell them that 'there's nothing more manly than a purple, androgynous, ambiguously gendered, glittery jester who flies about in a Technicolour dream world'. ^_^

#4921 Greetings, Programs!

Posted by Spleg on 11 May 2007 - 04:09 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hi, everyone! Time for... QUOTING FRENZY!

Ooh, another TRON person! It's been awhile since I've met up with a fellow fan! Just so you know, my desktop comp at home is named Clu. XD

My flash memory pendrive is called THE MCP, and my rubber band ball (I'm odd like that) is called Kevin, after Kevin Flynn.

Many of us tend to get weird and random LoL but you'll get used to it X3

Sounds like I'll fit in just fine ;)

So how would you prefer we refer to you? (that rhymed! XD) Shall you be Jimi or Spleg?

Either - call me what you like! I wouldn't even mind if you called me Colin, or Richard, or even Douglas. Although I probably wouldn't know you were referring to me if you called me any of those. Yeah, probably best if you just stick to Jimi or Spleg...

"A ridiculous price"? A friend of mine looked on eBay and got a brand new copy of NiGHTS packaged with the 3D controller for, like, ten dollars. ^_^

[...]

Anyway, welcome! And thank you so much for making me feel like even more of a geek when I recognized your intro title. ;)

I paid £42, with P+P, which seems to be the going rate on eBay UK right now.

And there's nothing wrong with being a geek, y'know. ;)

Whew, I'm done quoting now. Thanks for all the replies! :)

#4829 Greetings, Programs!

Posted by Spleg on 10 May 2007 - 10:11 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hey there!

I'm James, or Jimi - a 15 year old guy from Lincolnshire, UK with long hair (it needed to be said). I'm a big fan of SEGA games and systems, especially the Dreamcast and the Saturn, as well as Sonic games, the Shenmue series, and (believe it or not) - NiD.

After several years of Game Gear and Dreamcast fandom as a kid (mid/late 90s and early 2000s respectively), I realised recently that I should try out some of SEGA's earlier consoles. A few weeks ago I bought a Saturn, with the intention of being able to play a game I'd heard of for a long time - NiGHTS. All I knew about it was that it was a really famous SEGA game, and had some strange, purple jester in it :D. Anyway, a few days ago, I bought NiGHTS with the 3D controller from eBay (for a ridiculous price), and it arrived today. And it's instantly become my favourite game - it's absolutely perfect. Even though I am terrible at it. :lol:

And having played it, I would have happily paid double the 'ridiculous price', even without the 3D controller.

After a quick Google search for NiGHTS websites, I found this one. I thought it'd be just like a lot of other fansites - small, boring, with little information and made in FrontPage Express :D. I was completely amazed by the absolutely spectacular site I found instead!

I like pretty much anything that came out before 'my time', as reflected by my taste in films (Tron - my favourite movie, Beverly Hills Cop, 2001 : a space odyssey), music (Steely Dan, a-ha, Cat Stevens) and games (Sonic, Mega Drive/SNES/C64 games - yes, I do have a working C64 ;)).

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on the boards!