Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Angela-Marina's Content

There have been 38 items by Angela-Marina (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#6053 What setting would you like to see for a dreamscape?

Posted by Angela-Marina on 22 May 2007 - 07:30 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

How about a dreamscape based on 'unreality'? Sort of like Soft Museum, but jacked up a little. =D Like huge mirrors that act as portals to other parts of the 'scape, and areas that look like something from an MC Escher painting.
Of course it'd be confusing (and perhaps a tad too similar to Soft Museum), but it would also be very cool in some aspects. You could have parts of the level that shift around, forcing you to find new pathways, and things like that...

#6052 Your least favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams...

Posted by Angela-Marina on 22 May 2007 - 07:25 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Alright, well...I'd have to say that my least vaourite standard Maren would be those lobster things that Sai also hates. >.< Some of the Frozen Bell Maren can also be quite irritating as well.

#6051 NiD Rap BattleGround

Posted by Angela-Marina on 22 May 2007 - 07:20 PM in Creative Stuff!

So this...is your 'battle'?
You're making me laugh!
Now Reala's arrived,
It'll be a bloodbath!

Just give it up, kiddies,
You're doomed and you're done,
Put your cards away, Jackle,
This game's already won!

And NiGHTS, don't suspect,
I forgave and I forgot,
You know that I'm better,
I'm all that you're not!

So you think you can take me?
Think you're A number one?
Hah, just one simple slaughter,
And you'll finally be gone!

You're gonna be wishing,
I'd never have found ya
Let the master get down,
Now I'll fly rings around ya!

Hope you're ready to fly,
Hope you're ready to fight!
I'll prove once and for all,
That there is no NiGHTS!!!

#5932 Wizeman's Worst

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 06:36 PM in Poll Area

True, you think you've got the right spot and then, BAM! You've lost five seconds. >.<

#5927 What setting would you like to see for a dreamscape?

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 04:21 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

How about inside a volcano?

Or the ice cap that NiGHTS is always flying through in the opening movie?

Or how about a stage set in Nightmare?

Yeah, quite a few people have been pondering over the idea of a slightly 'darker' level...I think it'd be interesting.

#5920 Who finished the game?~

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 02:24 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I got the game a few days ago, and I've completed all of the dreams, but I've only got one A. Still, I'm kinda proud of myself for completing it so quickly as one of the few standard controller players. (I mean people who actually prefer to use the digital controller, and don't just do it because they have to). Anyway, I'm not very good compared to a lot of the fans here, but I still enjoy the game very much. It's a wonderful experience, for sure. =)

#5919 Need a NiGHTS jester hat pattern

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 02:15 PM in Cosplay Zone

The best I can find is some pages like this: amtgard.com:8080/how2jhat1.pdf . Perhaps it might be easier to take a normal jester hat pattern and modify it accordingly?

#5916 Was here before a bit, now am again

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 01:47 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

#5915 A liitle late but Hello.

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 01:46 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hello, nice to see another new face around here! You'll find this is a wonderful community for NiGHTS fans to hang out and talk, and there are also quite a few TRON fans here too. (I've seen the film a couple of times, but I'm not really that 'into' it.) Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you too, and I hope you enjoy your time here at the boards. =)

PS. Do you prefer Alexander, or is it okay to call you Alex?

#5906 What setting would you like to see for a dreamscape?

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 11:21 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

That sounds absolutely beautiful, I like it! =D

#5901 What if there are voices?

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 10:12 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

maybe we should play his line backwards like the whispering in jackles theme? who knows. this game is full of surprises. :P

The whispering's backwards? I just assumed it was gibberish. So, what does the whispering in Jackle's theme actually say then?

A little off-topic here, but I know that everyone always talks about Reala having 'one of the two spoken lines in the entire game' with his "There is no/one/noodle NiGHTS!" So...who's got the other? I've listened to the sound test on the game, and I can't really seem to find anything that's actually 'spoken' clearly, like Reala's line. There seem to be a few gibberish words, like when Jackle and Wizeman die, or one of Puffy's sounds, but I can't find any other actual 'lines' so to speak.

#5900 Your least favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams...

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 09:55 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

FYI, it is possible to dislike a certain character, and still be able to see their merits. For example, while I don't openly dislike any of the 'Maren (except maybe Clawz because he's so bloody difficult at times), I don't really appreciate Reala as much as other fans do. I just don't have a particular affection for him right now, to me he's just sort of...there. However, I do realise that Reala makes a good counterpart to NiGHTS and that his theme music is awesome.

Besides, he has a good point. While Jackle isn't described as a first level Nightmaren, he does bear a curious similarity to NiGHTS and Reala, and he's also a very difficult boss to beat. My personal theory is that he was a First Level Maren at some point, but then... Well, anyway, that's what fanfic's for.

Oh, and to keep on topic, I'd say Clawz is my least favourite Maren because I hate his exploding mice. Still, I don't hate him as such, I just find him frustrating to go up against.

#5898 Could someone tell me...

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 09:48 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Thanks, I got the controller about a week ago with my copy of NiGHTS, and overall I can see that there's definitely a marked difference in how the game 'feels' with the different pads. I actually prefer the standard saturn controller for some reason (I'm just weird XD ), but I also like using the analog every now and then for fun.

#5896 The Worlds of Journey of Dreams

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 09:41 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

While I realise that the point of the game is to focus more on the flying aspect, I'd like exploring as the dreamers to be a little more enjoyable if at all possible. In NiGHTS, I found that it was a real pain sometimes to walk around as Elliot/Claris (though not quite as horrific as playing Sonic in Christmas NiGHTS, eugh!)

I totally agree with Chan Kaylore, and like the dreamscape idea I posted in another thread, I'd like a little more Nightmare-type stuff outside of the boss battles. I'm not suggesting that Sega go all Silent Hill on us, but it would be nice to be able to explore the darker dreamworlds for a little while.

(Oh, and while I realise this is off-topic, how come I have this WARN thing below my 'member number'? Have I done anything particularly wrong-if so I apologise- or does everyone have one?)

#5895 Wizeman's Worst

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 09:31 AM in Poll Area

It's the fireballs for me. =( I usually get close to Wizeman, and then he'll hit me with a fireball, which is fine, but as soon as NiGHTS recovers he'll launch another and penalise me for another five seconds. Most frustrating indeed. >.<

I agree with gsk about the whole 'elements' thing, that's what I thought as well.
Fireballs/flying rocks =Fire
Meteors/Large rocks= Earth
Snowballs=Water
Tornadoes=Wind

PS.
Is it possible for you to rename the 'flying rocks' option? I voted meteors because I thought that was the 'fire' option (shows how smart I am). No offense, but both of them sound like the floating rocks that bob up and down.

#5894 NiGHTS or Reala?

Posted by Angela-Marina on 21 May 2007 - 09:25 AM in Poll Area

^True, I mean, I doubt Reala's going to start crying just because a lot of the fans prefer NiGHTS, or Jackle, or one of the other 'Maren. He doesn't need our approval, because he's got his own strength. He'd probably be just
"Pfft! Stupid dreamers got no taste..."

#5616 So, how many of you haven't actually played NiGHTS?

Posted by Angela-Marina on 18 May 2007 - 05:10 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

The price for NiGHTS seems to be getting a little crazy lately. =( I managed to get a copy for about £20, but I saw a version go for about £77. O.O And yes, I've finally gotten the full game and analogue controller. =D

#5615 JoD has new Japanese subtitle

Posted by Angela-Marina on 18 May 2007 - 05:06 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I like the 'falling stars' idea. I actually prefer it. =)

#5614 Your least favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams...

Posted by Angela-Marina on 18 May 2007 - 05:04 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

My least favourite would have to be Clawz, because I just find him so bloody difficult. >.<

#5441 Personal Dreamscapes

Posted by Angela-Marina on 16 May 2007 - 02:49 PM in Dream Discussion

I don't think I've found a specific 'Dreamscape' per se. Although I do have a lot of dreams which are set in a bizarre city that's a composite of several different towns/cities I've been to in my life, but it's always changing, so who knows?

#5440 Was there a NiGHTS anime?

Posted by Angela-Marina on 16 May 2007 - 02:43 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I guess it would be. I also guess that I'm one of the fortunate that has never seen any Japanese anime dubbed by 4Kids, from the sound of it they've been doing a rotten job. Seems as if everyone on that's posted has stated the same thing about 4Kids and that it would be hard to do make it because people have different ideas and feelings about the game itself. But it's nice to dream about one or at least a manga with a story that matches the game a little more.

The clue's in the name, mate. =( "4KIDS/For kids". They take out most of the interesting and/or intellectual parts of a series, as well as anything that might be vaguely offensive to Western audiences. While I don't consider their work as bad as what was done by Nelvana to CardCaptors, it's still pretty bad. They tend to re-use the same cliches about friendship, teamwork, and self-belief and while these are good messages to portray, they're done so heavy-handedly that it ends up being pretty mind-numbing. Not to mention the fact that they throw in lots of buzz words like 'awesome' and 'you'd better believe it!', which gives the anime a much more manufactured feel.

Anyway, there's never been a NiGHTS anime, and unless someone here can think of a good story format, then I don't want one.

The best idea that I can personally come up with is an episodic structure, like Kino No Tabusi (Kino's Journey) or King of Bandit Jing. In these two serieses, each location (or in NiGHTS case, each dreamscape) has its own self-contained conflict which the protagonist helps to solve. For example:
Spoiler

However, like in Kino's Journey, some of the Dreamer's problems may still go unsolved. Maybe one or two of them could remain in despair, but with a tiny flicker of hope that NiGHTS (or perhaps some other dream entity) has set off some change within them that will help them to escape their darknesses. This would give a slightly darker tone than NiGHTS has in the game, but it would add a touch of reality and would also allow for the possibility for 'wayward dreamers' who would have to continue growing and battling their inner weaknesses.

#5420 Your gender

Posted by Angela-Marina on 16 May 2007 - 10:12 AM in Poll Area

I'm female, though I consider myself mentally adrogynous. I keep myself clean and my hair brushed, but I'm not into the typical 'female' thing of buying make-up and shoes and the like. The only clothes I actually enjoy buying are either geeky t-shirts, or extravagant stuff, like gothic dresses and frock coats. I'm partially bisexual with a preference towards males.

I see NiGHTS as adrogynous. Originally, I saw 'em as male, but ever since I actually got into the games I'm leaning closer to a 'female' version of NiGHTS.

#5418 What setting would you like to see for a dreamscape?

Posted by Angela-Marina on 16 May 2007 - 10:07 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

How about a bizarre void-type level, a level that's somewhat disjointed and contains little pieces of different other dreamscapes floating around. If anyone here has ever played the original Soul Blade game, then it'd be a little bit like the 'Chaos' arena where you'd fight the final battle with Inferno.

The background would mainly be a dark, near-starless sky with swirling grey-purple clouds. You'd fly along in what seemed to be like a complete void for a while, but then suddenly a piece of yellow and orange cloth would fly out at you and you'd have to duck to avoid it. After that, pieces of buildings and various objects would begin flying at you and you'd have to keep avoiding them, until you suddenly notice that you can see isolated trees that grow in floating clumps of dirt, and formless shapes of water containing small tropical fish. There'd be loads of stuff like this, until you finally reach the 'Nightmare' of the level which would contain the final boss (maybe Selph?).

#5415 NiGHTS or Reala?

Posted by Angela-Marina on 16 May 2007 - 09:53 AM in Poll Area

Well, I voted for Jackle (gotta love the crazy 'Maren), but NiGHTS is a close second for me. I'd feel safer in the company of NiGHTS, but Jackle's just so awesome. I like Reala too, but I haven't seen enough of him to decide on whether I'm actually a 'fan'.

#5133 Were we ever actually told...

Posted by Angela-Marina on 13 May 2007 - 03:22 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I apologise for asking what might seem like slightly newbish questions, but I haven't yet been able to play the game yet, so there're some things I don't really know about the game's backstory.

1) Canonically, do we know how the Maren were created?
2) Do we know which order they were created in?

The reason is, I have an idea for a short piece of fanfiction that I may consider writing, but I need to know if the Marens were created in a specific order, or if we don't actually know for sure.