Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

LUCiD-STUDENT's Content

There have been 10 items by LUCiD-STUDENT (Search limited from 24-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#69048 The Unofficial NiD Chatroom

Posted by LUCiD-STUDENT on 10 April 2009 - 07:23 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Hmm, the only point I might make TRiP is that part of the reason former forum-goers were able to form such a tight knit group was because the mIRC provided us with an area to speak "live" and stay connected with each other, even across states and continents. On the other hand, that same tight knit "Fam" as the Bunny Man used to call it was also a breeding ground for drama. But it was also due to that same connectedness, and access to things like a chat room, that allowed problems to be patched up, and those that needed support or (for instance in my case) much needed social skills, were given it freely as they were welcomed into the "Fam"...which I will now stop calling that, as its almost starting to sound like a cult XD

But seriously, the IRC was a huge problem, it was rarely filled to the brink, and fraught with troubles, but it also helped draw community closer together and get to know each other, in at least a few cases. I would suggest that it should be brought back.

Hopefully this is enough of a statement to warrant thread necromancy.

#66396 WORST gameing moments...

Posted by LUCiD-STUDENT on 13 January 2009 - 03:04 AM in Community Corner

Hmm, I'm sure I could list ten or twenty off the top of my head, but I'd have to say my worst gaming moment ever was buying a little gem called Kingsley's Adventure for the Playstation, and proceeding to throw 40+ hours of time at this "games" platforming and "RPG" aspects as a child. Of course, I now realize that if it was any kind of gem it would have to have been a carbuncle.

How bad was this game's collision detection? For some reason these programmers decided that you won't slip off of a platform only if yer in the dead center, which is apparently measured in sub-atomic particles as this is JUST NOT POSSIBLE.

#66395 Any new years resolutions?

Posted by LUCiD-STUDENT on 13 January 2009 - 02:56 AM in Community Corner

Dood!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Prinny Astrima.

And hey, to keep it on topic, look I'm keeping up with my resolution LOL11!!!1!

#66357 Any new years resolutions?

Posted by LUCiD-STUDENT on 12 January 2009 - 01:29 AM in Community Corner

Actually reintegrating myself with old forum communities I've left behind.

Oh hey look, I'm on my way!

#63254 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by LUCiD-STUDENT on 24 September 2008 - 07:49 AM in Community Corner

My Eyes - Dr. Horrible Sing-a-long OST

Because this song fits my divided conscience oh so very very well.

#63253 Doctor Who

Posted by LUCiD-STUDENT on 24 September 2008 - 07:47 AM in Community Corner

*Blinks*

Fear of the unknown is a stupid fear, and we should bring back Douglas Adams from the dead. That would seem to be the filling of Mitsuu's opinion pie.

*sorts things out in his head*
*shrugs*

I fail to see how any of the actors over-acted. I feel they played rather well the sense of desperation and isolation and the events that come with it, it was also nice to see someone actually say, "Oh, your the Doctor? You hang around places and get excited about things that are trying to kill us? Gee, ain't that suspicious." In my opinion the Doctor receives far too much randomly offered respect and it seems to me god-like characters are only truly interesting when they go through experiences that we mortals can relate to. But this is just a random jumble of statements thrown at a page at some late hour where I should be dreaming. So my apologies if it seems like what I said had no point.

#62695 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by LUCiD-STUDENT on 11 September 2008 - 04:39 AM in Community Corner

Previously -> "What I Got (Reprise)" - Sublime
Currently -> Zero Punctuation review
Near Furture -> "Icarus" - Jason Webley

#62694 Doctor Who

Posted by LUCiD-STUDENT on 11 September 2008 - 04:27 AM in Community Corner

The finale for season 4 was depressingly bad.

That seems a little harsh. To be honest, it really seemed like Davies was doing his best to wrap everything up before Moffat moves in, although it did get a little bad fanfic-y at the end. And dear god, Stephen Moffat is moving in for season five. Everything he's done so far has been absolutely spot on, here's hoping the man continues to write genius works like Empty Child, Girl in the Fireplace, and Blink (OK, yes, I do have a little bit of a man crush going on here, GitF was beautiful and Blink is by far one of the best New Doctor Who eps ever, only matched by Midnight in my opinion)

#62693 A fan of Family Guy?

Posted by LUCiD-STUDENT on 11 September 2008 - 04:16 AM in Community Corner

Family Guy is old hat, it has a musty smell.

Damn, I've been doing too much theater, but seriously, Family Guy has gone from possibly clever to very very droll over these past few years. And while "Cleveland" may give Mr. MacFarlane a bevy of "hilarious" "new" characters to work with. I think it's quite possible that this has gone beyond jumping the shark territory and is now careening into Springfield Gorge. Or whatever other metaphor that seems to get the point across.

#62612 As the Great Bard said...

Posted by LUCiD-STUDENT on 10 September 2008 - 09:49 PM in Introduce Yourself

Alright, so after yet another long vanishing type spree I've decided I should try and re-integrate myself back into these forums and you lovely, luvverly peoples. So I be back...again, lets hope I stick around for longer than a week this time.

Yes, I am a filthy filthy liar, but I come bringing the knowledge of college...sorry, can't keep a straight face saying that.

So yeah, once more with feeling, I Be Back Bitches!