Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Nara's Content

There have been 24 items by Nara (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#35999 Vote for us!

Posted by Nara on 16 January 2008 - 11:30 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Put in my vote~

#20940 Encountering Reala...

Posted by Nara on 15 October 2007 - 04:50 PM in Dream Discussion

I agree, I don't think Reala is a being you would want to seek out and meet... I had a dream where I encountered him and it was rather unnerving. XD In the dream I came across a man standing in a small bathroom. He was just staring into a fogged up mirror, mumbling to himself. He drew out the outline of Reala's head with his finger on the mirror, and Reala started to materialize IN the mirror, and came out of it to his waist. He grabbed the man by the throat, squeezed his claws into the man's neck, looked over at me and grinned sadistically. I woke up right after that. lol

I haven't seen him again since, which I consider a good thing. Although I enjoy drawing him and find his character interesting, I wouldn't want to be in his actual presence. I'm sure one thing he'd be really good at is deception, so whenever you do encounter him I'd keep that in mind. XD He might act friendly, but you may just find yourself in a bad situation like the poor guy in my dream, ah haha.

#20190 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Nara on 09 October 2007 - 09:22 PM in Artwork

My those tattoo designs are lovely~ I especially like the middle one... *loves intertwiney stuff* And the Harley pic is fantastic! I love your attention to detail and your inking/coloring skillz are to die for. <3

#18565 Wanna Be On Show 04?

Posted by Nara on 28 September 2007 - 09:10 AM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

My clip has been sent~

#17641 Ever encounter NiGHTS?

Posted by Nara on 21 September 2007 - 07:49 AM in Dream Discussion

Recently had a dream in which I had my first encounter with him... kinda. There was this young girl, looked about 10-11, walking about in a bedroom. These sparkles surrounded by a pale purple-pink light appeared, and began moving about. Then they started to swirl and take shape, and NiGHTS manifested himself. He was see-through though, not solid. He flew around her and stopped to face her, his back to the window and night sky beyond it. He held his right hand out to her, which she hesitantly reached out and touched. At this point I had just been watching from 3rd person, then I started feeling what she was feeling. She got this feeling of calmness and happiness, and could "feel" him... can't describe that feeling with words though. He smiled, bowed and kissed her hand *aww* and she got the biggest smile on her face I've ever seen. lol And he spoke, though his voice wasn't what I had pictured, but wasn't off by much. It was male, but had a semi-deep, elegant tone to it. Was lovely listening to him talk~ He said something about... " I have heard you calling my name, and so, here I am " or something like that. Then the dream ended. >: *sadness* Was still amazing though, even if he wasn't interacting with me directly. XD He's so graceful... it's entrancing just watching him move, especially with all those SPARKLIES. .__.

#17532 Wanna Be On Show 04?

Posted by Nara on 19 September 2007 - 07:58 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Sure :D I wouldn't mind verbally indulging some of my JoD thoughts with all you lovely peeps~

--EDiT--
DiGi - You're in. You'll get a PM from me shortly. Sit tight. ^_^

#17317 Shared Dreams

Posted by Nara on 17 September 2007 - 09:48 PM in Dream Discussion

I have yet to see a topic on this subject, and am very curious as to how many other people have experienced this sort of thing, and what those experiences where like.

I have shared the same dream with another person once, a close friend, but it hasn't happened again since. She and I had the exact same dream, on the same night. We both remember seeing each other and the scenery we both saw was the same. It's as if we were in the same dreamscape at the same time, only way I can think to explain it. There was also another being in the dream with us, a dark figure wearing boots, which would clank as it walked along the metal floors. She and I both saw and heard it, just from different points of view.

Was a definite hair-raiser, but at the same time extremely intriguing. lol We never got to speak to one another, but I wonder, if we had been able to hone this skill, could we have actually met up in different dreams and interacted with each other? Hmm... so, any thoughts? Experiences of your own? Please feel free to share! :3

#15633 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 06 September 2007 - 03:45 AM in Creative Stuff!

Thanks to all who gave some input for the NiGHTS wip~ <3 I've decided on the night bg, even though it has been done so often. XD It does make him stand out the most, which is what I want. Perhaps I'll use the other bg for another piece.

And speaking of NiGHTS, here's what happens when you play too much Ecco with NiGHTS on the brain:

Posted Image

It's dolphin!NiGHTS XD Ah haha~ Wonder if he'll still have that supposed dolphin form in the new game? Hope so~ I'm itching to draw dragon!NiGHTS too, hmm...

#14479 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 31 August 2007 - 10:15 PM in Creative Stuff!

Omg. *__________* Both backgrounds are stunning. <3's~ It's hard to choose. @__@ lol I think I like the darker night time one best. Maybe you could make two versions of the pic? Although that would be alot more work. >_<;; Either choice will be beautiful though. :3

I know, so hard to choose isn't it. XD The night one makes him stand out more, and the warm pastel one looks more dreamy. I...can't... DECIDE. >.< Making two versions would be possible, but guh, not what I *really* want to do. XD; And thank you for your thoughts~ <3

#14340 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 31 August 2007 - 01:19 AM in Creative Stuff!

I'm in need of some help deciding what background I should stick with for the WIP of NiGHTS I'm working on atm. I love both, and can't decide which looks the best. XD Any input would be much appreciated~ :3

Here's the two versions:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13890 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 28 August 2007 - 07:03 PM in Creative Stuff!

Posted Image

A pic of Reala done last night on the oekaki boards, and my first oekaki piece at that. Rather proud with how it turned out, especially that rose. XD The way he looks is based off how he appeared to me in a dream I had not too long ago. I'll be adding color to it later~ Enjoy :)

#12646 NiGHTS' voice and Music

Posted by Nara on 24 August 2007 - 06:19 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

My first initial reaction to hearing NiGHTS voice was thinking it sounded a bit too feminine, as I was hoping for a deeper toned female voice, but after listening to it a couple of times, and looking at an image of him at the same time, I dunno, I think it actually fits well. The voice to me comes off as mature, but playful at the same time, and I like that. Fits NiGHTS personality very well I think. It will take some getting used to though, since I've viewed NiGHTS as having a more male oriented voice.

Enjoyed the music as well, hopefully this game will be filled with music that will be loved and remembered for years to come, just like the original. :) Many thanks to Niraven and Digi/TRiPPY for sharing all this exciting info. :D This holiday season is sure to be filled with much awesomeness. lol

#6306 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 24 May 2007 - 11:36 PM in Creative Stuff!

XD Thank you~ <3 And ah, it's np. lol I really like U.V, and greatly enjoyed drawing em'. I'm happy you enjoy it! :D Hope you'll like the colored version just as much. ;3

#5345 Personal Dreamscapes

Posted by Nara on 15 May 2007 - 04:50 AM in Dream Discussion

Hm.... well, there is one place I've seen and visited more than once in my dreams. I believe that place could possibly be my dreamscape, although I haven't been there in over 2 years... it saddens me. ; ;

It too was a lush green place, only it had huge rolling mountains and valleys covered in tall grass that looked like an ocean when the wind was blowing, filled with what *looked* like purple heather and large stones and boulders. The sky was blue with huge white clouds and a bright sun. I could hear birds singing in the forest that laid at the edge of the wide open mountainous area, which is were I would enter from. Was the most beautiful place I've *ever* seen. The colors were so bright and rich, and I just felt calm and happy there.

Here's an actual pic I did at the time, though it still fails to capture the true beauty... http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blueskiesty9.jpg

Also... I remember hearing a flute being played from somewhere one time. I walked around for a while before coming to a large hill, were a single tree stood at the top. That's were the music was coming from, but I never got a good look at who or what was playing it under that tree. XD Which is a pity... if I *had* seen, and it had been NiGHTS... that'd be some crazy stuff because 2 years ago, I NEVER saw anything NiGHTS related and knew nothing about the game. All I can remember is seeing a flute being held by white-looking hands. That's it... I woke up before I could see anymore.

That's going to *really* bug me now. 8|

#5230 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 14 May 2007 - 07:58 PM in Creative Stuff!

Nice attention to details! I love how you did his face and hair, and the border is quite lovely as well.

Heh, yeah, I'm a bit of a detail freak. lol Like the face eh? I was worried he wouldn't look right, having a jawline and all... glad I didn't butcher his face then. 8D lol

That is quite frightening! But very awesome! Your art is great!

Yes, quite frightening indeed. XD But I must admit he *was* awesome, while he wasn't trying to kill me. 8D And thank you~ X3

#5227 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 14 May 2007 - 07:10 PM in Creative Stuff!

Mr Creepy... I wouldn't want to meet him in a dream or anywhere else for that matter. He does look ace though. Oh, and judging by the great job you did of colouring him in you should defiantly colour your UV NiGHTS drawing. Damnit, I need some art genes from somewhere.

Thanks :3 Yeah, I've decided to color it, though I might make a b&w version as well, since I enjoy both. lol

#5178 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 14 May 2007 - 01:51 AM in Creative Stuff!

Here's a sketch of U.V NiGHTS. I had a random URGE to draw him whilst listening to some music the other night and this popped out~ It turned into a more... "realistic" style as I went along, I rather like it though. I'm debating whether to color it, or leave it black and white, can't decide. lol This is my first attempt at U.V, hope I've done him justice. XD

Posted Image

#2412 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 29 April 2007 - 08:41 AM in Creative Stuff!

Yes, waterfalls are love. XD Hmm... well having NiGHTS near the water would mean he'd be pretty tiny... as the lake and waterfalls are sorta off in the distance... so perhaps having him flying around much closer would be good, if I choose to go with that idea~ Thanks for the suggestions :)

And yes, can't forget the lovely lil' Pians. XD lol

#2396 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 29 April 2007 - 06:46 AM in Creative Stuff!

I think I'll put my WIP of Spring Valley up, I'd like some feedback on how it looks so far~ I've never played the game, so, all I've had to work with are less-than-desirable quality screenshots and my own imagination. XD I think I'll definitely be adding a rainbow in there somewhere though. lol Perhaps NiGHTS as well? Maybe playing his flute beneath a tree or flying about. :P If you have any ideas, please share! :3

Posted Image

#2211 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 28 April 2007 - 09:07 PM in Creative Stuff!

Whoa! O.O That's stunning. I really like the harsh contrast from red to black (and the "scream mask" pattern on his chest), and the way he fades away into smoke at the bottom.

Thanks :3 And you know, I never noticed that "scream mask" thing going on on his chest. XD Not even whilst I was drawing it. Only till I'd uploaded it and someone mentioned it, did I finally see it. lol

Stunning. o_o What medium did you use?

Thank you~ It's completely digital, all done in Photoshop. :3

#2209 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 28 April 2007 - 09:00 PM in Creative Stuff!

That is fantastic. And really really creepy o_o The teeth and the eyes and... just... creepy. XD The colouring is so nice, and all the detail you put in on things like the claws... it makes me think of a comic book or something, it all really pops out at you. =) I can't wait to see more from you.

lol Yes, creepy indeed. XD And thank you~ Glad you enjoy it! I'm happy when people notice the small details I put into my work. <3

#2208 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 28 April 2007 - 08:54 PM in Creative Stuff!

Woah! O____O Regardless of if that was Reala or not, it's definitly one of the scarier creatures I've seen in a while~ *loves*
I absolutly ADORE the way you did the coloring and the black swirly bits, they are gorgeous. The simple background brings in so much atmosphere and really brings the focus to "Reala".
Glowing eyessss~

Yeah, I'll agree with you there, definately scary. XD Scariest thing I've ever encountered in my dreams that's for sure. And thank you~ :)

#2047 Nara's Artwork

Posted by Nara on 28 April 2007 - 08:38 AM in Creative Stuff!

Well, seeing as I've had a surge of NiGHTS related inspiration as of late, I've decided to create an art thread of my own. :P To start off I suppose I'll post a piece I *guess* could be considered NiGHTS related... tad difficult to tell to be honest. XD It depicts a being I was visited by in a dream I had not too long ago, and he does bare a resemblance to Reala... but, as Mr.Creepy wouldn't grace me with his name, I haven't a clue if it WAS him, something else entirely, or what. XD Who or whatever he was, he's certainly intrigued me, despite the fact I think he wanted to rip my throat out... |D;

Posted Image

If your interested in the dream he came from, you can read about it in my dream diary~

There'll be more NiGHTS work coming along soon, including my interpretation of Spring Valley. I love landscapes, and I for one find the dreamscapes of NiGHTS beautiful, so I'll probably end up doing even more. lol

#717 Howdy 8D

Posted by Nara on 26 April 2007 - 05:00 AM in Introduce Yourself

Hello everyone! :3

My name is Brittany, but I prefer to go by Nara~

So, a little about me... hm~ Where to start. XD I enjoy many things, such as drawing and art in general. I am an artist, drawing my inspiration from nature, music, and my imagination/dreams. If you've ever come across Nara87 on DeviantArt, well, that's me. :P I like games, mainly anything old school or fantasy related, esp. anything involving dragons. XD *loves them* Movies - comedy, horror and fantasy my favorites. Music, adventuring, nature, animals, dreams, reading... um, anything Celtic/Scotland related, seafood, sweets, nighttime, stargazing, and the ocean. My sign is Gemini and my favorite color is purple. 8D As for dislikes, meh... there's not really that much I don't like.

Personality wise, I'm a kind and caring person, always willing to lend a hand. I have a great sense of humor and think of myself as a funny person. I always seem to bring smiles and laughter to others, which making others happy is something I love to do. Material possessions mean nothing to me really, as I find happiness in the simplest of things. And when it comes to people, I only care about what's on the inside, because that's what really counts~

Anywho, onto my encounter with NiGHTS! Throughout the years I have glimpsed the purple jester-esque lad here and there, but I never looked into the character more than just that passing glance. Recently however, whilst browsing DA, I came across a image of NiGHTS and clicked on it. After that I found myself wondering more about the character, and becoming more and more interested. Then I found this wonderful website, and began reading till my eyes bled of wonder and intrigue. The character NiGHTS, the world of dreams, the tales of others, mainly TRiPPY's own ideas and stories, just.. utterly sucked me in. I've always felt dreams are more than what they seem and have had "odd" experiences... but had no clue a game, let alone a community, existed that embraced this to such a caliber. It made me very gleeful~ Someday I hope to be able to play the game, but have a feeling I'll end up playing the sequel first... XD;

And so, here I am. Ready to share my own tales of dreams and experiences with those who might better understand and enjoy them. I look forward to meeting new friends and becoming a part of the NiGHTS community. :)