Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Dark Messiah's Content

There have been 44 items by Dark Messiah (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#63433 Ruina Somnium: Destruction of Dreams

Posted by Dark Messiah on 03 October 2008 - 02:07 PM in Planning and Advertising

Until I say otherwise, we're pretty much going to be accepting people until....whenever. -giggles-

#63432 Ruina Somnium: Destruction of Dreams

Posted by Dark Messiah on 03 October 2008 - 02:06 PM in Nightmare

"There's more of you? Siblings, in a way?" She asked, before a grin curled across her lips. Pushing back a lock of her hair, tucking it behind herear, she set btoh hands onto her hips, giving a very determined look to him.

"Well, why don't we go find them? Must be awfully lonely here with no one else to talk to." Only a month old...and yet still an adult. Not to have true life experiences; she felt pity for him, but she refused to show it. Pity was a way to insult people - at least, it was in her mind. Rather than pity him for the problem, she was having fun trying to figure out how they can get to the solution. Already her mind was whirling. What if they could find his creator? That would be interesting!

#63344 Ruina Somnium: Destruction of Dreams

Posted by Dark Messiah on 28 September 2008 - 10:27 AM in Nightmare

She could only grin to his response to her question, before she would fold her arms behind her head, fingers laced after the hand shake.

"I'm studying. All the unique changes are like cracking open a famous painter's mind and seeing what lurks inside. 'Sides, hopefully with studying, I can learn more about it. Understand it better," He seemed really nice, and he was certainly friendly - which was was glad. She's heard rumors of terrors lurking about, and regular day-to-day life teaches you to never judge a book by it's cover.

For the first time, she broke eye contact to glance around the dream-like area. "I like some of these changes, personally. It's a good dose of what the world needed."

#63343 Shadows Across Nightopia

Posted by Dark Messiah on 28 September 2008 - 10:23 AM in Planning and Advertising

Hah, thanks. >3

#63300 Ruina Somnium: Destruction of Dreams

Posted by Dark Messiah on 26 September 2008 - 02:12 AM in Nightmare

It was the eyes that gave it away. Too many people were too shallow to have such deep eyes, even if the color were contacts. Marissa would take his hand, showing she was unafraid of what he was - whatever that was exactly - and gave it a firm shake.

"I am just fine! Yourself, good sir?" Other than his eyes, hair could have been dyed, and the glance of his pointed ears which easily could have been applied - freaks were natural in the human world in such ways; yes, his eyes were the main thing that gave his race away.

No matter, the smile on her face never faulted, and her brave eyes stayed in direct lock to his own. "Out by yourself on a day like this? One would think you'd be with your sweetie or summin'." Marissa would state, speaking cheerfully. Of course, she had no room to talk, but she had an excuse for that one.

#63299 Shadows Across Nightopia

Posted by Dark Messiah on 26 September 2008 - 02:08 AM in Planning and Advertising

Profiles
Owner: Dark Messiah

Name and Statuses:
Name: Raj
Race: Maren
DOB: Unknown, Estimated sometime before NiD storyline.
Job: No real job than his own. Often used for spying purposes.

Appearance:
Weight: Estimated around 80 pounds.
Height: 6'2"
Eyes & Hair: Eyes are an eerily glowing blue: Hair strands appear to be a white, light blue in hue.
Skin: Majority is solid white, the stripes over his eyes are dark blue, with black additional streaks over his eyes.
Clothing At the head, a long finned jester's hat - black in hue with dark blue streaks along the form. He is seen wearing a billowing, tattered cloak that covers the rest of his body and blends perfectly into shadows. What he looks like under, no one has seen.
Photo Image: Raj (Yes I drew this >>)

Weapons:
Shadow Whip: A whip he can manipulate with his shadow powers - but is still skilled with it on his own without the magic.

Abilities
Stealth: If there is just a foot of shadow, Raj can disappear into it. Rarely can he be detected except those who know what to look for - or those who know his tricks.
Shadow Manipulation: SO long as he's within a shadow, he can manipulate them into physical manifestations - to equal size of the shadow he is in. (Darker it is, the more powerful he is) This includes moving through them.
Ideya Drain: Much like any Maren, he can tap into the Ideya of dreamers. Prefers the wisdom Ideya, thinking it tastes sweeter than any other.

Personality:
Attitude: Raj naturally has a general distaste for many things, but is willing to leave an open ear to just about anything. Being well educated in everything in their world is a smart move, so he believes. He tries to keep a neutral stance on everything, and is willing to lend his talents out for many purposes - so long as a price can be arranged.
Dislikes: Being forced to do things, getting tricked into doing something he feels should cost more than what he agreed to. Lots of sunlight.
Weaknesses: Sunlight - the less shadows there are, the weaker his powers are; and he hates feeling weak. A minor addiction to Wisdom Ideya.
Strengths: His power's height in darkness. His spying prowess and memory in keeping everything he learned cataloged.

History: Raj has been around for quite some time. Many rumors flow around this being about exactly who he is and what he does. One thing everyone knows is fact: He'll do just about anything for a price...

Disclaimer: ....mmm....Yeah. No disclaimer to think of.

#63285 Dark Fantasy (open to all, ranges from silly to serious depending on situatio...

Posted by Dark Messiah on 25 September 2008 - 11:45 AM in Planning and Advertising

Roleplaying on a forum is a great way to harness description and learning to do more with your English skills. Not to mention learning a lot about what you know and what you don't know if you try to cooperate realism into your characters. -Shrug-

#63233 Ruina Somnium: Destruction of Dreams

Posted by Dark Messiah on 23 September 2008 - 05:42 PM in Nightmare

Marissa tucked her book back into her small tan and blue jean patchwork pack, before she slung it back over her shoulder. Watching a strange balloon looking ...bird? Maybe? She couldn't tell, fly by in her eye sight, she noticed another person in the area. She blinked, noting the color of his hair - but from this distance he seemed human. Or maybe it was a girl? Looked like a guy, but with how things were these days, no one could be sure.

nd like she could talk, she was much the same. Today, her hair was bright pink, falling into straight strands down her back - and in her hair she had stenciled yellow stars of various sizes. Lip gloss with glitter, though clear, still reflected off her skin. Not to mention the light blue eye shadow she had on. Her clothing matched her outrageous hair, however: A loose tank top with necklaces of plastic and metal - each yellow or silver of various star and moon shapes, and matching bracelets wrapped around both wrists. Regular jeans hung off her hips with stars painted up the calves, a studded-star belt around her waist with pink converses on her feet.

Ever since this fusion happened, she's always wondered if, maybe, she's always lived a dream and THIS was reality..but, never mind that. Shoving that thought aside, Marissa started walking across the grass with a purpose towards this man.

"Ahoy there!" She called cheerfully, throwing her right hand into the air with a wave. A grin was across her face as she made her presence known: Certainly she meant no harm, so hopefully this guy didn't either...

#63196 Ruina Somnium: Destruction of Dreams

Posted by Dark Messiah on 22 September 2008 - 05:20 PM in Planning and Advertising

Aaaand we're open! Yay!

Roleplay Forum

Quick link for you all. I'm so sweet. >>'

#63195 Ruina Somnium: Destruction of Dreams

Posted by Dark Messiah on 22 September 2008 - 05:19 PM in Nightmare

[Please see The Ad//OOC Forum for rules, descriptions, joining, and updates.]

NOW OPEN

A month. One whole month it has been - down the the day since this nightmarish world was created - fused together by two opposing realms. Some areas, beautiful, others were horrifying. Society of Humans were hard pressed to continue on as regular when roads that were all too familiar would dip down into underwater cities out of no where. People claimed it to be retribution from their Gods, others believe witchcraft had summoned these odd beings. Others accepted this change and tried to move with it.

Marissa was one of these. Being a bit of an artist herself, she found many things inspirational int his new world - and every chance she got she would explore it. With school out, it made things much easier for the time to explore it.

Today, she stood beneath a beautiful tree that had really no definition to what kind it was: Tall and thick like an oak, but the leaves were different shades of color and shape. Setting a hand against the light green bark, she managed to chip a piece away to try and see the wick within: a very light lavender hue greeted her, and that was enough for her - and began to note the difference in her little composition journal.

"Where to go to today..?" she asked herself a loud, not really caring if anyone heard her or not, as she would turn her head, gazing about the area of the wide field with a beautiful lake: Not to mention the fact this was a part of the rural areas of the nearby city.

#63163 Need cosplay help

Posted by Dark Messiah on 21 September 2008 - 07:22 AM in Cosplay Zone

Wal Mart sells little balls you could put into a ball pit - get one of those, maybe a plate or something light weight from the crafts section, and a rod. Hot glue that, yo. XD Even if you can't get the right shades or anything, you can always paint it the color you want. Metallic Blue isn't hard to find.

Just a suggestion.

#63162 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Dark Messiah on 21 September 2008 - 07:17 AM in Community Corner

Castles in the Sky - Ian Van Dahl

#63156 Ruina Somnium: Destruction of Dreams

Posted by Dark Messiah on 21 September 2008 - 02:37 AM in Planning and Advertising

Anyways, I'll probably be starting the thread up here in the next day or so in the Nightmare realm. Those who're accepted can begin posting then, naturally. Open accepting for the most part, anyone can join in at any time, really.

#63155 Dark Fantasy (open to all, ranges from silly to serious depending on situatio...

Posted by Dark Messiah on 21 September 2008 - 02:36 AM in Planning and Advertising

Keep in mind the forums are slow. Not everyone is on - but who's to say?

#63095 Dark Fantasy (open to all, ranges from silly to serious depending on situatio...

Posted by Dark Messiah on 19 September 2008 - 03:10 AM in Planning and Advertising

Eh... old roleplayer. Often seen people get reamed for playing canon characters a bit creatively, so I just wanted to put it out there to keep myself from biting off more than I can chew. XD

#63094 Yo!

Posted by Dark Messiah on 19 September 2008 - 03:06 AM in Introduce Yourself

Welcome, welcome. Booyah yaself. -wave-

#63060 Dark Fantasy (open to all, ranges from silly to serious depending on situatio...

Posted by Dark Messiah on 18 September 2008 - 02:48 AM in Planning and Advertising

Profiles
Owner: Created by SEGA: Changed and interpretated by Dark Messiah.

Name and Statuses:
Name: Jackle
Race: Maren
DOB: Unknown.
Job: Overseer to a faction of Wizeman's lands - also one of the few in charge of mobilizing troops while invading Nightopia.

Appearance:
Weight: Probably not even 50 pounds.
Height: 5'4"
Eyes & Hair: Eyes are a bright blue: No hair to be seen.
Skin: No skin - as he has no 'body'.
Clothing From head to toe - a Jester's hat that the 'fins' curl towards the front of his head, the to of the mask just down over to where his nose would be, his eyes floating there symmetrically with a demented smile. Where his chin would be a cloak drags over his 'neck' orange in hue with the collar jutting up to the sides of his face and back of his neck, held together by golden clasps. His cloak will fall to his 'heels', jutting a bit in a very magician style with white diamonds on the back. His gloves seem to hold claws, with fabric reinforced over his 'wrists', with matching boots. Overall, looking very masquerade in design, without the mask.

Weapons:
Cards: Jackle can manifest and throw a multitude of cards that often act sharp as daggers.

Abilities
Flight: Hover, flying, all he can do. Rarely is he seen touching the ground.
Ideya Drain: Much like any Maren, he can tap into the Ideya of dreamers... but rarely does.

Personality:
Attitude: Jackle has an obsession with games and gambling. Though very demented, occasionally a dark, intelligent side of his can be revealed if dug deep enough. He knows he is not suited for much leadership and if comfortable staying where he is, helping the man who seems to be able to play pawns better than he. Toying with others seems to be his forte more than anything else.
Dislikes: Losing his own games he plays against other people, being at disfavor to Wizeman.
Weaknesses: Gambling, a mental disorder over his cloak. It is a security blanket to him and becomes paranoid if anyone touches it.
Strengths: Very intelligent mind with far foresight - if it were nto for all the side trips.

History: It is unknown how Jackle came to be, or exactly what he did before Wizeman came into power. But one thing is certain, Jackle knew Wizeman had things in order and was going to go far - so he hoped to joy ride with that and works as a peon for him. In regards to his co workers, he does not have any as far as he is concerned. He has victims he can toy with. He finds NiGHTS - the mischievous jester of Wize Man's creation, to be his greatest rival. Though NiGHTS was only a prankster, he feels NiGHTS' little games were a mockery to what a true player could do, and as such would be the one to play the jokes on HIM. When NiGHTS was captured and discovered to be unloyal, Jackle was not surprised, but for some unexplained reason, Jackle had begun to seclude himself from everyone.. his paranoia seemed to start to reach a deeper level...

Disclaimer: My interpretation fo Jackle, don't shoot me... >>

How's that?

#63056 Ruina Somnium: Destruction of Dreams

Posted by Dark Messiah on 18 September 2008 - 01:51 AM in Planning and Advertising

I'll PM it to you since it's not really something for this thread.

#63025 Ruina Somnium: Destruction of Dreams

Posted by Dark Messiah on 17 September 2008 - 02:23 PM in Planning and Advertising

Well obviously you're concerned about it. And I know, I read the beginnings of that conversation in her Ad thread. If you want me to go off of what she said, I can grant you advice from there.

#63019 Dark Fantasy (open to all, ranges from silly to serious depending on situatio...

Posted by Dark Messiah on 17 September 2008 - 04:50 AM in Planning and Advertising

Mmmm... I'll think on it. I probably may go demented Jackle after all. X3 Though the others sound pretty similar to what I think (except NiGHTS), I think I'd have more fun with him - and it would give your Lass someone to boss around. =D

#63016 Dark Fantasy (open to all, ranges from silly to serious depending on situatio...

Posted by Dark Messiah on 17 September 2008 - 04:21 AM in Planning and Advertising

Seems interesting...

I'm in, but I am uncertain what fan character to join as.

If you need me to, I can play any of the Canon Characters - I will just need your interpretation of them: I know how each acts in the games, and that may need to be changed depending on what you desire to occur. If nothing else, I may play a more demented Jackle if that is allowed. -Head tilt-

#63015 Ruina Somnium: Destruction of Dreams

Posted by Dark Messiah on 17 September 2008 - 04:14 AM in Planning and Advertising

Ventro: Nightmares, definitely. I often give the story over to my players and enjoy seeing what they can come up with in sub-plots during the major plot. =D And feel free to test some characters here. I'm never against the idea.

NyClone: If it helps, I'm a 12 year Veteran when it comes to roleplaying on forums. If you want to PM me some samples of your work, I can assist you with what may seem to be problematic.

#63014 Minty

Posted by Dark Messiah on 17 September 2008 - 04:05 AM in Creative Stuff!

I haven't yet, no. I attempted once, but my home flooded and it, along with the original works of the very first two images depicted here, were ruined. So it sorta depressed me in anymore work.

I guess I can get off my butt and do something for Jackle...hrm... -thinks- We'll see X3

#62982 art by WiNGS (update post #21)

Posted by Dark Messiah on 16 September 2008 - 09:38 PM in Creative Stuff!

As far as I've cared to tell - he's floating mouth, eyes, and clothing. XD But really no one will blame you for getting anything wrong - interpretation if, what, 60% of artwork ANYWAYS?

But if you want color schemes, what TRiPPY has posted up on the site is a good start - she has one picture at least; there are a few other good ones -- see what they all have in common to be a good base. -Nod-

#62962 art by WiNGS (update post #21)

Posted by Dark Messiah on 16 September 2008 - 01:58 PM in Creative Stuff!

For not owning a iGHTs game you're extremely accurate.

I like these. Great work.