Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Golden Charm's Content

There have been 16 items by Golden Charm (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#87167 Bayonetta

Posted by Golden Charm on 17 January 2010 - 09:11 PM in Community Corner

Kinships are scum to me, its not that they're particularly strong and obliterateful...its just that fighting them always seems to cause such silly mistakes. Like beating one up on the deck and not seeing the grapplers coming- or my personal gripe- failing to land on them entirely. XD

Grace and Glory...(and their counterparts Gracious and Glorious) are so quick and can hit you so rapidly its unreal...though witch time helps with first pair. I describe them as being crosses between wolverine-ish (animal, not x-men....well okay x-men too in combat style, but not enough attitude) type foes and Delsabers, with two shield arms. That's why they must die.
But everyone else I know calls them Sinow's...which makes more sense I guess, given they are red and blue.

I love Golem...its defeat cracks me up every time.

I prefer comedy style games over really serious ones in the most case (there are always exceptions), so it sounds like I'd prefer Bayo over DMC, if I ever played it. XD

#87131 PSN Names

Posted by Golden Charm on 17 January 2010 - 04:20 AM in Community Corner

SmyteGC

No surprises there.

#87129 Bayonetta

Posted by Golden Charm on 17 January 2010 - 03:33 AM in Community Corner

Having been playing it for quite a few days, one thing is clear. The game is just supreme.

I don't generally play many action games, not a great fan. Heck, I never played any of the Devil May Cry series. In fact the last action game I played for any length of time close to Bayonetta was the Streets of Rage series. XD

There's just so much epic win involved. From using her hair to act as her outfit, a weapon and channel demons to rewarding the player with a poledance, there's just a unique level of over-the-top entertainment, that almost makes you wonder what the makers were thinking of during the creation process.

I'm with DiGi, on the grounds that I want to see a sequel, but it'd be really hard-pressed to keep it on par with the original. But I have a different opinion than Zero regarding the cutscenes...most of them either contain something really funny,
Spoiler
or contains a nice action sequence you're unable to perform yourself. I understand that it feels like some of the action for the player has been removed, but the game has so much action already that I don't think its missed. (Though I have already stated I'm not big into action games, so that probably accounts for it.)

Many people have mentioned it already, but the sheer degree of references in the game is out of this world, despite the fact I don't even recognise most of them. I was informed today that it has a Thundercats reference. Seriously.

I've got quite a lot of the trophies...
Spoiler
...but I still maintain I'm not great at the game. Overcoming the Alfheim portals really help you learn some madskillz, though.

To finish, I already said this on Twitter, but the "Let's Dance Boys" tune is seriously catchy. I can get it lodged in my head for hours at a time, because the tune has so many logical ending points, that I don't remember where the tune actually ends and so it loops back to different portions of the tune and seems to loop infinitely. Not that I'm complaining. :D
Also, the remix of "Fly Me to the Moon" just seems to sound remarkably NiGHTS-y to me. There's definitely some beats in it that remind me of some of the original NiGHTS music.

P.S.
Spoiler

#86462 Bayonetta

Posted by Golden Charm on 06 January 2010 - 02:12 PM in Community Corner

DL'ed the PS3 demo the other day, will likely pick this game up.

Nice paced action game, with an interesting tale...looks good.

#86461 Phantasy Star Zero

Posted by Golden Charm on 06 January 2010 - 01:32 PM in Community Corner

I got the game imported shortly after its US release, but haven't yet said my piece on it because of various factors...the first of which is a DS with with a permanently stuck on R Button, makes the game almost impossible to play. I'm looking into a new one...using my sisters DS to steal shots when the urge hits...but won't be posting my friend code until I get my new one since the whole register one card to one console thing- so I can't use my sisters to play it online. (Although, to be honest, on my PS3 more often than the DS lately.)

My thoughts on the game are simple...
It is basically a do-over of PSO in a Western-ish style, utilizing most of its gameplay features, it gives the feeling of PSO back to anyone who was disappointed by PSU. Then for good measure it adds in rolls for more evasive strategy and adds in photon arts, although mostly weapon-specific. I'm not fond of the charging spells to increase their power, but that's really just a personal miff- its not enough to ruin the game...I think.

Loving the return of red items and also loving the fact that everyone gets their own specific pools of items, so no thieverizing. On top of the good additions also has to be that special effect weapons happen with both strong and weak attacks and not their own inaccurate attack, which works better.

Photon Blasts are pretty good too, although somewhat difficult to aim...not as bad as Golla, though. That stag really boiled my brains. XD

Starting to get the urge to play it now, kinda. XD

#70953 Shred the Darkness

Posted by Golden Charm on 07 June 2009 - 08:55 PM in The NiGHTS Syndicate Group

I'm sorry that I didn't actually reply to this back when the event was still going.

Truth be told, I never found out the event existed until about the last week, before it extended.

It was a very difficult set of missions. I died so much. XD

#68579 Dragon Ball Live Action

Posted by Golden Charm on 22 March 2009 - 02:14 PM in Community Corner

Seriously...I haven't seen it...and I agree with you DiGi.

Its one thing to go ahead and change all the story...in some cases it can be forgiven slightly (though I stress VERY RARELY) in order to make it more realistic to fit in with being shown in a realistic light....but changing the attitude and motivations of every major character is unforgivable.

This doesn't sound like Dragonball, it sounds like someone had a story about fighting but couldn't think of any names for his characters....or didn't think it was going to be any good...so got a license to use the Dragonball name on it to attract all of their fans and changed some details to fit.

I think I'll probably watch it, but I'll do so in the same style you did....and when I'm very bored and not busy doodling until my eyeballs fall out.

#67849 Live Action Cowboy Bebop

Posted by Golden Charm on 24 February 2009 - 10:54 PM in Community Corner

I wasn't aware the people who did the anime were working on the film. That is truly good news. ^^

I did think that Keanu Reeves could have pulled it off if the writers were good, which we know they are now...but I'm now beginning to see the issue everyone has, mainly its no good waiting to see if he pulls it off, because if he doesn't by the time we know about it it'll be too late.
In this instance, there is a true magic to Cowboy Bebop...and it would truly suck if got ruined by a 'maybe' situation with could have been avoided.

However, if that turns out to be the only thing wrong with it, if it does turn out to be a problem, I'd say it'd still rate VERY high on the chart of anime->Live after some of the more recent, laughable attempts. Like Dragonball...I really do try to actually see something from end-to-end before I form an opinion of it...but that however, looks so dire I can't help but shudder at it.

#67556 Winter Mission Carnival!

Posted by Golden Charm on 17 February 2009 - 02:52 AM in The NiGHTS Syndicate Group

I haven't been on much lately, and I want to say sorry for that, as I thought I'd be around a lot more...XD

The thing is...I've gotten a MASSIVE hit of inspiration, which means I've actually been drawing and working in RPG maker...and I haven't done it for ages, so I've really been capitolising on that. Then I got hit with a flu and its absolutely wrecked my concentration.

I do hope to get some more time on before the Carnival ends, so hope to see more of you guys who are PC/PS2 side...and have more discussion about it here, with you 360'ers. ^^

#67532 Forum update

Posted by Golden Charm on 16 February 2009 - 10:11 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

I was wondering what happened. The place looks weird without any purple. XD

But yeah, I don't think there's any need to rush, I'm sure it'll look great when you do find something.

Although, does this mean you'll have to update it in future versions of the comic, or shall it stay for nostalgia? ^^

#67099 GC can draw!?

Posted by Golden Charm on 01 February 2009 - 10:50 AM in Artwork

Engelbaum fan art.....Weeee. I put a full description up on my dA, reckon its not required as much, here.
I really like this pic. 'Nuff said.
Posted Image

Packragon. Its a dragon, naturally following a similar style of the 'Pack' creatures I created for Dominant Possession. A side project of mine for many years now. XD
Posted Image

Uh, sorry if these are hard to read...and I expect they might be. I only really have paint on my laptop...
Yeah, this is Plastic, my comedy comic (comedic?). These are posted on my dA too.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Page 4, a great amount of work compared to the other pages.
Posted Image
I love page 5. A great deal of thanks to those Pictochatters at Auchinawa who gave me the "inspiration" in page 4...much credit to those people. You know who you are.
Posted Image
An end of a mini-era.
Posted Image

#67024 Winter Mission Carnival!

Posted by Golden Charm on 29 January 2009 - 09:08 PM in The NiGHTS Syndicate Group

I entirely agree. XD
I caught in a trap on my first try, and killed by Komatoze, it is TOUGH.

Yeah, guns do help, thanks to the severely reduced health your not standing there shooting the same thing for 3 weeks too. I imagine it could get problematic for the enemies who like to charge at you, so I wouldn't recommend your whole team being a gunner class.

#66985 Winter Mission Carnival!

Posted by Golden Charm on 28 January 2009 - 12:46 AM in The NiGHTS Syndicate Group

Just had my first few goes tonight, but I must be up in the morn, so no more for me today.

It is good fun. I quite like the idea of the various mini-missions within the one major mission to collect the keys for the laser fences...
Really gives it a puzzle element, but also feels a bit like the Egg Thieves...except not confusing and with no time limit.

Can't wait to catch other people there and give it a PROPER go. ^^

#66960 Winter Mission Carnival!

Posted by Golden Charm on 26 January 2009 - 11:11 PM in The NiGHTS Syndicate Group

Theres some decent rares here, theres a lot of stuff that people can grab and get good use of, by the looks of it.

I don't think I'm gonna concentrate on collecting many of them though, outside the exchangey mission exclusives...think I'll just try and get a good variety of everything, so I don't burn myself out on it again. If I can land an agito repca, or a Yasha, then I'll be very excited. XD

Though seriously....level 130 Carriguine with buffs on a SURVIVAL mission....Sega are cruel.

Edit: I'm officially back...so tomorrow, prepare for a Silva snowstorm. ^^

#66939 Journey of Dreams hacking stuff

Posted by Golden Charm on 26 January 2009 - 07:39 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

The mysterious icon mentioned throughout page 1 looks like 'holding hands'.

If there are stages removed, maybe one was another 'lead Helen/Will' where this was meant to be the icon.

I'll be honest, I didn't read all of the cutscenes...I'll be back to do that later in the week. ^^

Some great finds amongst this stuff.

#66935 Winter Mission Carnival!

Posted by Golden Charm on 26 January 2009 - 05:47 AM in The NiGHTS Syndicate Group

D:

Well, this absolutely came out of nowhere...

Seriously, I checked on the 16th and there was no mention of this anywhere.
So, yeah, I'll be on again....soon, not immediately. Hope to see people there.