Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Misaki-chan's Content

There have been 96 items by Misaki-chan (Search limited from 21-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#7490 What gender are you, and how do you see NiGHTS?

Posted by Misaki-chan on 11 June 2007 - 11:44 AM in Poll Area

Alright... here comes the speech. :)

I'm female (obviously), and I chose androgynous for NiGHTS. But, to me, that means he can be either male, female, or neither depending on the situation. The way he usually appears in the games, I think of him as genderless, leaning very slightly towards the male side at times (why I always refer to him as "he").

Oddly, anytime I try to imagine what NiGHTS would look like as a human, I've recently started to think more towards the female side. And not just a girl... a REALLY girly girl. ;) But only as a human!

So I probably could have said I see NiGHTS as female, or even male, but I think androgynous covers it for the actual NiGHTS, and not any kind of version my own imagination comes up with.

#7122 HELLOOO

Posted by Misaki-chan on 04 June 2007 - 04:20 PM in Introduce Yourself

Ooooh, another Space Channel 5 fan. Love the sig. ^_^

And if you're looking for something as fun and addicting as Space Channel 5, look no further than NiGHTS. I'm hoping the new Wii sequel will be the same as well. :D

#5660 Your least favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams...

Posted by Misaki-chan on 19 May 2007 - 05:08 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I see what you're saying, but... Why does everyone keep saying "known?" Nowhere have I seen anything from Sega that says any of this stuff specifically. It's part of the charm and mystique of the original game -- we just don't know. Therefore, I think all the theories are quite valid, both yours and mine, so long as no one says "This is right, this is wrong." Granted, I generally prefer mine, but that's a whole different can of worms.

"To execute a plan of this scale, Wizeman created many Nightmaren, and sent each one into Nightopia. Included, were two very special evil spirit people, called 'First Level.'"

That's from this site, and is a "direct translation of the Japanese storyline". So I guess that makes it from Sega. It doesn't specify who these two were, but I think it's fairly obvious.

#5544 Who finished the game?~

Posted by Misaki-chan on 17 May 2007 - 11:45 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Yeah, I've had all A's for years, but I can't compete with the kind of scores people submit there...

#5439 The girl known as Misaki-chan

Posted by Misaki-chan on 16 May 2007 - 02:34 PM in Introduce Yourself

Just adding a new post to this thread to let people know I'm on MySpace now. Of course, I only have one friend on who actually is on MySpace, and I never finished entering all the crazy loads of information you can put on your profile. But I'm there, if anyone's interested.

Cassi's MySpace

Also, if anyone here is on Gaia Online, I could use some new friends there. My username is (shockingly) Kimura Misaki! Just like almost everywhere else on the internet. :)

I'm also editing my intro post to include this info. Hope I'm not breaking any rules with this post...

#5434 What if there are voices?

Posted by Misaki-chan on 16 May 2007 - 01:40 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Momentarily off topic: Am I the only one who DIDN'T hear "there is no NiGHTS?" Whenever I hear Reala speak, it sounds like "ready to run, NiGHTS!" I know that's sounds silly, but hey, like you said, it's all muddled. I was just curious because for many years I wondered where fanfic writers got that line before it was explained to me. :)

I never understood the line, and still don't. I thought it sounded vaguely like "There is one NiGHTS", but I just thought it was dream-gibberish with NiGHTS tagged on at the end, like Jackle's death speech.

And I'd like them to keep the maren speaking in completely unrecognizable gibberish in Journey of Dreams, too. I don't care how much the kids talk, as long as I don't understand anything the dream characters say.

#5433 JoD has new Japanese subtitle

Posted by Misaki-chan on 16 May 2007 - 01:35 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I don't see anything wrong with "Journey of Dreams" as a subtitle, though that one is probably better for the Japanese audience. I actually hope they don't change the title here, though...

#5432 Your gender

Posted by Misaki-chan on 16 May 2007 - 01:31 PM in Poll Area

I see NiGHTS as adrogynous. Originally, I saw 'em as male, but ever since I actually got into the games I'm leaning closer to a 'female' version of NiGHTS.

Haha, that's almost exactly the way I see him! I've always thought of him as androgynous in his regular maren form, but whenever I try to imagine what he would look like as a human, I always imagine a girl. I guess I kind of balance that out by always using masculine pronouns when I talk about him. :)

#5430 Your least favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams...

Posted by Misaki-chan on 16 May 2007 - 01:27 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I love Jackle's design, but I hate those stupid cards, lol. And you can't hurt him when he has the mantle on, so that can get annoying, too. I never liked the Clawz battle either, but it's generally a lot easier than Jackle.

#5428 Selph...

Posted by Misaki-chan on 16 May 2007 - 01:23 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

According to Sonic-Cult, all the information relating to "Selph" in NiGHTS is connected to the Wizeman battle. I told this to a friend (who is much more into programming and stuff), and he says it's probably the A.I. program for the second version of NiGHTS (either Claris or Elliot's version, depending on which of the two you're playing). That makes a lot more sense to me than all of this talk about a deleted boss and stuff. Especially since no matter how hard I try, I can't hear "Know Thyself!" as a boss battle theme. It just doesn't fit the general style of the boss music in NiGHTS, in my opinion.

#5377 NiGHTS or Reala?

Posted by Misaki-chan on 16 May 2007 - 12:07 AM in Poll Area

Well, I like NiGHTS, obviously. But Reala's a cool nemesis for him. And I've always loved Jackle too, despite the fact that I hate his boss fight in NiGHTS into Dreams.

Hmm... can I vote for RiGHTS? How about Jackala? ^_^

#5374 So, how many of you haven't actually played NiGHTS?

Posted by Misaki-chan on 16 May 2007 - 12:00 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I certainly didn't get into it for any kind of symbolism. Kinda scares me sometimes how seriously some people take everything in it. But I just fell in love with the game because it was fun, and I kept loving it because it still is after all these years. I never really thought much of the storyline beyond the simplistic stuff in the actual game and maybe the Japanese manual, since it has a little bit more information on the backstory. But mostly, it was the fun for me. So don't feel alone, guys. ^_^

#5025 General JOD updates 10/05

Posted by Misaki-chan on 12 May 2007 - 05:08 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

They were mispronouncing it on the podcast? I, er... haven't been listening. :(

Probably goes without saying that Wikipedia doesn't have all the information. I know people who have borrowed books about Jungian psychology from the local library. I wouldn't be able to stand it myself... just the basics is enough for me.

#5002 Hows this for a Spring Valley guide?

Posted by Misaki-chan on 12 May 2007 - 10:49 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

The new one looks a bit better in my opinion. Gives a lot more information, too.

Above is a video showing a complete run of the extremely hard backwards link.

"Extremely hard" is right! A friend of mine showed that to me a year or so ago, when he was trying to get me to sign up for that site. I can't even do it. :(

#4996 General JOD updates 10/05

Posted by Misaki-chan on 12 May 2007 - 07:50 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I always thought Claris and Elliot themselves were kind of representing the Anima and the Animus, even though they're "real" characters, which I guess would make them fit Self too. None of the archetypes used seem to be 100% accurate to the whole Jungian psychology thing, and NiGHTS has no gender. That's why I thought Shadow fit, because it's not necessarily an enemy or evil. Reala is most definitely evil. And NiGHTS being genderless kind of makes him fit as a Shadow-like figure for both Claris and Elliot.

But that's just my own thoughts based on what I've heard and read of Jung's work. Which was mostly because I heard it related to NiGHTS somehow.

#4990 General JOD updates 10/05

Posted by Misaki-chan on 12 May 2007 - 05:07 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold the phone! Did that say that NiGHTS is the Shadow? That doesn't make any sense at all to me. I mean, I thought that Reala was the only character to really correspond to the Shadow. After all, NiGHTS seems to fit in much better as the Son, right?

From what I've read, the Shadow seems to fit just fine.

Wikipedia article: Jungian archetype "Shadow"

The shadow may appear in dreams and visions in various forms, often as a feared or despised person or being, and may act either as an adversary or as a servant. It typically has the same apparent gender as one's persona. It is possible that it might appear with dark features to a person of any race, since it represents an old ancestral aspect of the mind. The shadow's appearance and role depend greatly on the living experience of the individual, because the shadow develops in the individual's mind rather than simply being inherited in the collective unconscious.

Interactions with the shadow in dreams may shed light on one's state of mind. A conversation with the shadow may indicate that one is concerned with conflicting desires or intentions. Identification with a despised figure may mean that one has an unacknowledged difference from the character; a difference which could point to a rejection of the illuminating qualities of ego-consciousness. These examples refer to just two of many possible roles that the shadow may adopt, and are not general guides to interpretation. Also, it can be difficult to identify characters in dreams, so that a character who seems at first to be a shadow might represent some other complex instead.

#4989 Dreams

Posted by Misaki-chan on 12 May 2007 - 04:57 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

What I did in Stick Canyon 4 was practice it to see how much time I need to get through the whole thing, and instead of obsessing over grabbing items, just figure out a way to get as many as possible within that time. It's definitely possible...

#4884 Are these new NiGHTS:Journey of Dreams screenshots?

Posted by Misaki-chan on 11 May 2007 - 04:34 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

From what my more devoted gamer friends say, the graphics are usually the last thing to be fully developed in a lot of games. Kinda makes sense to me with a game like NiGHTS, because they'd want it to be fun to play and capture the spirit of the original before they get really in-depth with all the new flashy graphics.

Also, from these screenshots, I'm assuming this isn't actual in-game type stuff. First, there's no items anywhere, just NiGHTS and one boss. Second, the angles seem more like the kind of "publicity" angles game companies (at least Sega, from what I know) use to show off their games. There are a ton of screenshots of Sonic Adventure 2 from angles that no player would ever be able to see, so it's possible they're still doing the traditional NiGHTS style control and these angles are just for show.

(Other topics have brought up the idea that motion may not be the same as in the first game, so that made me think of this...)

#4881 Greetings, Programs!

Posted by Misaki-chan on 11 May 2007 - 04:19 AM in Introduce Yourself

"A ridiculous price"? A friend of mine looked on eBay and got a brand new copy of NiGHTS packaged with the 3D controller for, like, ten dollars. :D

Of course, that was before Journey of Dreams was announced, so maybe people are being stupid about it and trying to make more money now.

Anyway, welcome! And thank you so much for making me feel like even more of a geek when I recognized your intro title. ^_^

#4810 Dreams

Posted by Misaki-chan on 09 May 2007 - 09:59 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I hated Stick Canyon until I figured out how to get through the stage without losing NiGHTS. Now it's just another stage to me. As far as design, actually, I kind of like it. But it'd be hard for me to pick a favorite, since I like all of them so much.

I never thought of Twin Seeds as being one of the dream worlds, because even if it is, it imitates the "real" city of Twin Seeds. But that one's a fun stage, too.

#4806 NiGHTS Time Extend in the new issue of Edge

Posted by Misaki-chan on 09 May 2007 - 09:43 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I don't know Sairus, it's kind of refreshing for me to see someone who's actually willing to give P.N.03 the time of day, outside of a two-paragraph review. As for sugar coating everything, he was actually harder on the game than most reviews I've seen. I mean, if I can master P.N.03, any gamer should be able to...

After reading that, I'm definitely interested in what they might say about NiGHTS.

#4737 Copyrighted?

Posted by Misaki-chan on 09 May 2007 - 08:28 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I definitely think she's right. A transparent orb with the kind of star-like center design (Ideya) is easily recognizable. But any other "sphere of energy" design would work just fine.

I understand what you mean Curiosity, but Rae said specifically "don't make it look exactly like an Ideya". That doesn't mean a "resemblance", that means an exact copy. And she's absolutely right about that.

#4700 The Unofficial NiD Chatroom

Posted by Misaki-chan on 09 May 2007 - 12:34 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

From what I hear, we're not getting a lot of people there lately. Come on, guys. We're bored, and need entertainment. ^_^

#4694 Dream Recall

Posted by Misaki-chan on 09 May 2007 - 12:00 AM in Dream Discussion

For me, writing down some simple notes or something will help me remember the rest of the details so I can write it down later. Like Missy, though, sometimes I have to think about it over time to really remember it better.

Usually, I can't write things like dreams fast enough, so I try to use a computer if I can. Helps me get everything writtten much faster.

#4615 interpretation of dreams according to sig freud

Posted by Misaki-chan on 08 May 2007 - 04:08 AM in Dream Discussion

I think both Freud and Jung were brilliant, but both had some really twisted ideas from what I heard. I don't really know a lot about their theories myself, though. I have a friend who studied Jung's work, and his sister is a psychology major with only a few classes left to go. From what they've said, Freud was pretty much completely off in most areas, though he did have some ideas that actually went somewhere. And Jung was pretty off too, but his theories have since been revised, so maybe he wasn't completely wrong.

This is all secondhand information, though. Like I said, I don't really know much about this myself.