Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA's Content

There have been 45 items by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#94207 National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 31 October 2010 - 10:21 AM in Community Corner

We're quite a creative fanbase here, and that made me wonder...

Is anyone participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) starting tomorrow? (Site: www.nanowrimo.org)

For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo is, but are intrigued by the thought, NaNo is a challenge in which you write 50,000 words of fiction all in one month. It's an amazing way to stretch your mind and use some of that creativity!

If anyone is, it would be great to talk through plots and become site buddies! Hope to see you at the finish line at the end of the month!

#94205 Happy Thought of the Day

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 31 October 2010 - 10:16 AM in Community Corner

Clocks went back an hour lastnight! An extra hour in bed! Yaaaay.

Wow, I somehow totally missed the time change. ._.

SWEET I might actually get to planning for NaNoWriMo now! <3 (National Novel Writing Month, in case you were wondering.)

#91289 Bad things you've done ingame

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 21 June 2010 - 10:25 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I remember in Lost Park, I ran Will all the way up that tower thing where the Dreamdrop is. I had him jump off it from the very top. ^^; (On the plus side, it shook all the Awakers off!)

#91288 Discuss!

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 21 June 2010 - 10:23 AM in NiD15

DA is another option for getting the word out- more advertising, the better!

I think this calls for some new fanart too, yes? :blink:

#89816 Happy Thought of the Day

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 19 March 2010 - 10:02 AM in Community Corner

That's awesome, Penelopi! ^^

Well, today is Friday! I get to play laser tag tomorrow, and hopefully get some sewing done. I'm so excited because the family is venturing to DC this year to see the cherry blossoms, and I want to wear my hand-made kimono as well. So far I haven't had too many difficulties, especially since it's silk that actually was made/brought back for me from Japan. :D

#89815 Anime Cons for Dummies

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 19 March 2010 - 09:51 AM in Community Corner

I know how you feel- my first con was two years ago, with an attendance record of over 25,000 people. I didn't know what I was doing either, so I hope I can help you!

My major tip, if you want to do ANYTHING besides shop around:

As soon as you get a schedule, mark panels that you might be interested in going to. Make sure you leave food time, at least an hour! Anything and everything, even if there's only a remote interest.

Revise it then, and figure out when things like photoshoots you wanted to be at conflict. Decide who wants to go where, and get that sorted out (if you're with friends, it's probably easier to stick together, since it's your first con and all.)

As soon as it's finalized, mark the rooms on your map, and preferably put the time! Give yourself a good 5-10 minutes for picture stops and difficulties, so you can still get there. Sometimes you have to be early to get a seat (or even get into!) popular panels! You might want to be even earlier if you think it'll fill up.

I personally block out Dealer's Room/Artist Alley times too, it's helped my group a ton. Ever since I started blocking the schedule we were able to be on-time to twice as many panels and STILL make shoots! ^^

Have fun for me, okay? :D

#89814 So, no more NiGHTS?

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 19 March 2010 - 09:22 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

One thing i've always said was Sumo Digital should do a NiGHTS game. Why? Because these guys care for detail. You've only got to look at the games they've done to see this. And since our community has had such an impact on that company i feel no other games company understands us more than Sumo Digital. Of course, Sonic Team would never let that happen :/

And that last line, it's so terribly unfortunate. x.x

#89133 Favorite Worst Sonic Quotes

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 21 February 2010 - 10:46 AM in Community Corner

My sister was flipping through channels the other day and stopped for a second when she landed on the Sonic X dub.

"Sonic! I got you a cell phone!"

Probably the most random scene I've ever seen. XD

#89079 Pokemon movies

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 19 February 2010 - 11:39 AM in Community Corner

I saw the Darkrai one... And part of the Manaphy one too, I want to say. (No wait I did see all of that). But I haven't been as thrilled with the anime lately because of the new voice actors, yeah... I'm still playing the gaes, though, for the most part. Dunno if I'll buy Heart Gold/Soul Silver though, I'm not sure whether it'll be worth forking out the cash that I culd spend on stuff like cosplay and conventions.

#89078 You know you've played too much NiGHTS when....

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 19 February 2010 - 11:35 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

You've been playing too much when you find yourself on Phantasy Star 0 with characters that all have CAPiTALiZATiON LiKE THiS. (GUiLTY. XD)

#88985 Exploring with the kids...

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 16 February 2010 - 10:52 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Finding dreamdrops was also tough sometimes too, because the awakers would show up before you even reached the dreamdrop. (Happened to me in Lost Park, I remember. But maybe I'm directionally challenged. :blink: ) Didn't give you much time to always roam about, that's for sure.

#88777 StarsofCASSiOPEiA's Creative Stuff

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 10 February 2010 - 12:58 PM in Artwork

Two photos! ^^ The first is rather manipulated though because I constructed it by ripping stills from a video. XD

Posted Image

And the second, a shot from underneath a 40-foot Christmas tree made of glass! :rolleyes:

Posted Image

((Full-size on my DA. ^^))

And some original character sprites (totally wasting time, yay!~ XD)

Posted Image

"Past, Future, Present"

Kisho Sakusenjo

((Anyone else do/know of NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month? She was my main charater for my 2009 writing, "Perpetual Checkmate".))

#88778 My Art

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 10 February 2010 - 12:55 PM in Artwork

I LOVE that last picture of Schade! The intensity is awesome and his expression is perfect. :rolleyes:

#88776 The Last Wave

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 10 February 2010 - 12:46 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

I just sent the news to my anime club of 40-some people. XD Here's to hoping that the long snow break hasn't made them too lazy to check their e-mails! :rolleyes:

#88775 Epic mayhem approaching :D Alton Towers...

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 10 February 2010 - 11:35 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

.... ACTUALLY i wonder if it would be safe for DiGi to record himself with his iPod screaming XD

I think we all approve of this idea. XD

#88723 Random thought thread

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 09 February 2010 - 08:04 PM in Community Corner

Finally broke down and got a Twitter.

http://twitter.com/StarsCASSiOPEiA

Let's network~ XD

#88712 NiGHTS ASR related fanart!

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 09 February 2010 - 11:47 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Big hats are best at blocking out everyone you don't like very much ^v^ This is also true of sitting at cosplay conventions in front of people trying to see what's going on on the stage.

Hahahaha YEAH, do I know it! XD I ended up taking my hat off during this one panel because of it. ^^;

#88711 Random thought thread

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 09 February 2010 - 11:37 AM in Community Corner

It's my birthday!
20 years old now! =D

Happy birthday to you~ ^^ (^) <- Cake with one candle. XD

Also, I got a weird look from people in Walmart yesterday. Yay for buying paint, mason jars (only for the rings), hardware, felt, AND nerf gun ammo all at the same time~ >D

I have steampunk goggles in the works. XD

#88616 What are you reading?

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 08 February 2010 - 11:41 AM in Community Corner

The Lightning Thief from the Percy Jackson series. (Incredibly slowly. =.=) I just want to finish it before I go see the movie. XD

#88528 StarsofCASSiOPEiA's Creative Stuff

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 07 February 2010 - 10:48 AM in Artwork

Can't believe I hadn't bothered to make a thread over here before... (Wow I fail. XD)

http://starsofcassio...deviantart.com/

^ Art site

I'll update this thread as projects move along.

#88527 Gothic Lolita Bible

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 07 February 2010 - 10:33 AM in Cosplay Zone

Oh, for those of you interested, the Gothic Lolita Bible in English. I'm not too huge into Tokyopop for various reasons, (one of which is the Labyrinth manga. Eeeewwww. ), and I'm not even remotely interested in 'Gothic' lolita, but I've been considering picking one of these girls up, regardless.

Some bookstores carry it too- I've seen it in Barnes & Nobles (or was it Borders? *can't remember*) not too far from where I live. It was over with all the art/drawing/fashion books and not with the magazines, though.

#88526 A little Not-Safe-For-Work art ;P

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 07 February 2010 - 10:18 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

.... DAMN WHY DIDN'T I PETITION FOR THIS INSTEAD ;O;
bwhaha

Now you're going to send another e-mail about that as a joke. (Or maybe you're serious... XD)

#88522 The Last Wave

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 07 February 2010 - 10:13 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

I'm not sure if this has already been said ; but it doesn't really make sense if Nights waves the flag -and- takes part in races. He can't be in two places at once xD. Having another character, such as Reala, as dlc would work though ^^

I noticed that too, but if there was some funky 3-way dualizing going on NiGHTS could do two things at once. XD

#88456 Gothic Lolita Bible

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 06 February 2010 - 04:18 PM in Cosplay Zone

I'm looking at this and wishing that most of it lived in my closet. x.x (XD)

I'm the kind of person to probably slave away and make my own, lol- I'll have to sit down and do that sometime, I guess? XD

#88385 The Last Wave

Posted by StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on 05 February 2010 - 11:30 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Absolutely, I think that any effort we can string together here is a good one. :3