Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Utter Magic's Content

There have been 64 items by Utter Magic (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99484 Christmas NiGHTS into dreams for sale!

Posted by Utter Magic on 12 July 2012 - 11:18 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

first game i ever got and played on my saturn :D

thankfully mine didnt have that big yellow sticker. i'd be scared to death to try to rip it off and damage the case.

I bought mine from the UK. No stickers. But the sticker is more of a piece of foreignism (if you're not from Portugal), so it's fine :b

#99483 Incoming Podcast tommorow!

Posted by Utter Magic on 12 July 2012 - 11:16 AM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

I miss DreamCast too. Weee~

#99334 Christmas NiGHTS into dreams for sale!

Posted by Utter Magic on 07 July 2012 - 12:26 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

oh man! that picture is huge! i love it xD
i'm from portugal aswell! glad to see another NiGHTS fan so close to home :D

Well, do you have Christmas NiGHTS in your collection? :b

#99264 Campaign SUCCESS

Posted by Utter Magic on 05 July 2012 - 06:36 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

This is simply amazing. If only they'd do this last year to slide it in alongside Lucid Dreaming ;D
Great news, I'm really excited to be a NiGHTS fan right now.

I don't really want a new game, to be honest. I don't think it's required. A serious NiGHTS game would need a lot of veteran fan input, though that is, not only biased, but everyone has a different view on everything. I say no new NiGHTS game.

#99230 Finally, I can play NiD!

Posted by Utter Magic on 05 July 2012 - 02:06 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I've managed to do it. Is that a glitch present on every single version? Sounds weird, I've never heard anything about it....

(I'm selling a Christmas NiD if you want to complete your NiGHTS arsenal ;b )

#99214 Christmas NiGHTS into dreams for sale!

Posted by Utter Magic on 04 July 2012 - 02:24 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Hello, everyone! (hopefully it's ok that I post this here)

I am looking into selling a copy of the XMas version of the original NiGHTS for the Saturn.

In terms of specs, it's PAL region, the sleeve is in good conditions. The colors are immensely vibrant, almost as if it was brand new, and it's not malformed in anyway. The surface has some marks, but most of them can only be seen if you're looking for them with direct light. There is a small notch near the opening for the CD.
As for the CD, it is absolutely perfect, no scratches whatsoever.
Something worth pointing out is that the sleeve has a yellow SEGA Portugal sticker of warranty and there's a Portuguese description on the back, both of which you can see on the photos.

Are you interested? If so, please send me a personal message or send me an e-mail (which is on my profile page)!

Photos:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

P.S.: I may be getting some more copies coming down my way (with varying conditions, but essentially Good to Excellent), and if you guys want me to, I can post them here.

#99148 Greetings greetings, fellow stargazers!

Posted by Utter Magic on 15 June 2012 - 08:21 AM in Introduce Yourself

Hello, there! Welcome to the forums! Place may, in fact, need a bit of cleaning but we are an amazing bunch of guys and gals, so I'm sure you'll fit in just well ;)

Also, the NeverhoOd is an incredibly amazing game. Skullmonkeys is pretty awesome, too, buuuut, NeverhoOd's the way :b

#99147 So how bout dat E3?

Posted by Utter Magic on 15 June 2012 - 08:14 AM in Community Corner

Well. Much like last year's E3, 2012's wasn't much different. We didn't get much new content and we weren't surprised by a whole lot. We got a confirmation on a bunch of titles that were said to come out. The Tomb Raider presentation, same as last year, was a short and sweet one, going straight to the point and not revealing too much of the game at this point.

Nintendo's conference was a let down, with their only relevant title being Pikmin 3 and the faked colloquial dialog. They weren't able to pull that off, even with Reggie "And, yes, my body was ready" - however amazing that moment was. Ubisoft was quite an amazing conference, Aisha is extremely entertaining to watch and listen to, and they did the right thing by getting a YouTuber into the mix (in this case, Tobuscus). They showed some pretty undisclosed stuff, nothing too beaten, so it was good. Watch Dogs did well, it did. ZombieU had a very good trailer.

As for the other conferences, Microsoft's was a mere gadget and app show (don't get me wrong, I loved all that, but, in all honesty? Games would be nice) with some games by the end. The only thing I saw of the Sony conference was Dead Space 3. And that was a complete letdown. The previous Dead Space atmosphere is lost and, by what we were show, it's a bog-standard 3PS, right now.

That's about it, I think. It was a good show simply because E3 is a good show, with a bunch of people that we all love, to talk about the things that we all love. But, same as last year, I don't think anyone that's been keeping half an eye open would be any surprised. And that's a bit sad, in my opinion.

#99146 Where you all been at lately?

Posted by Utter Magic on 15 June 2012 - 08:07 AM in Community Corner

This is pretty much what I do. Sorry for not helping said lack of activity.

I've been thinking about doing a Journey of Dreams LP, but I'm not sure where to post it on these forums. (Help?)

I would assume the JoD Discussing sub-forum or the Creative sub-forum ;)

#99080 One Year Later...

Posted by Utter Magic on 10 May 2012 - 11:06 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

(...) Also speaking of the making of NiGHTS I found this interview dated 2009 dont think its been posted. Some interesting things like Steven Speilburg was the first to touch the prototype 3D analog pad and researching of dreams and colors in the game.
http://www.nowgamer...._of_nights.html

Wow, thank you for sharing this! I've only read a bit of it because I'm a bit busy and pressed for time but from what I've read, this is really interesting! I love to see things from Yuji Naka's perspective.

#99054 Saturn NiGHTS on android

Posted by Utter Magic on 02 May 2012 - 04:19 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Well for anyone interested there's good news. Someone on the yabause forums built Paul emulator with dynamic recompiler and it massivly improved thee framerate with Nights. It now loold to be pretty playable 30-40 up from what I was doing at 1-2. Take a look!

Paul is now working on the audio!

NiGHTS working on an iPad? XO

#99018 Saturn NiGHTS on android

Posted by Utter Magic on 18 April 2012 - 02:24 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Thought I'd posted here. This is an awesome thing indeed! I'd love to try it out! It boggles my mind how people can do stuff like this. Next up - Tomb Raider 1 Android =P

The first time I played XMas NiGHTS after being a kid was using SSF. I got it to run quite smoothly, with a few hiccups here and there, but it was definitely playable. Nothing like buying it last year and actually playing with the 3D controller I bought then as well, though... :D

#98995 I had a few dollars so I thought I'd take a Journey

Posted by Utter Magic on 10 April 2012 - 09:34 PM in Community Corner

Thank you very much for the short preview, it really set the base here. The game looks gorgeous. I haven't actually heard about it until you've brought it up now, I believe. However, that sort of open area-type environment can lead to a lot of invisible walls, can it not? Unless it's sort of like the Gerudo Desert in Ocarina of Time, that fades you back on track when you go too astray.

Regardless, I do lack a PS3 in my gaming system group, so I do need to get one. Maybe I'll get this game with it. Also, the soundtrack does integrate very well and, more than that, so does the ambiance sound. Quite nice.

#98990 ockpii's Channel of Gamingness!

Posted by Utter Magic on 06 April 2012 - 10:06 PM in Community Corner

Hello everyone! Today I'm bringing you the first of, I don't know, more episodes of King Arthur's Gold (KAG for short). This is an indie game that mixes building/mining/fighting and surviving in a medieval world with zombies.

While it's in alpha, it's still very very playable.

Here's the first part of the playthrough of the Zombie Fortress mode :D

Do thumb the video up, subscribe to my channel, watch my other videos and share it around. <3 from the bottom of my heart

#98980 Where you all been at lately?

Posted by Utter Magic on 01 April 2012 - 11:55 PM in Community Corner

It has been crazy quiet here~ I came back a couple months ago but mostly been lurking... as for RL, I recently finished my Nights fancomic A Dream of Dreams and started another one ( NiGHTS Colors ) =)

You have quite a cool style, I love it :D I'll check your art stuffage ;)

#98977 Where you all been at lately?

Posted by Utter Magic on 30 March 2012 - 10:53 PM in Community Corner

And, see, I've been checking this forums everyday, but no one posts anything! xD
Something must be done about this inertia.

#98976 Where you all been at lately?

Posted by Utter Magic on 30 March 2012 - 11:18 AM in Community Corner

Her name is Precious, she's a 6 year old American Pitbull Terrier mix. She's a rescue, and the sweetest dog I've ever met. She's kinda attention-whoring at times, quite stubborn, and has small bouts of separation anxiety, but for the most part just a very curious, friendly, loving dog.

I'm pretty big into Indie games these days, which ones have you been doing? Also keep up the good work on the flute!

My bitch (best word I can find that means female dog) is very attention-whoring, but that's kind of all the time. Unless she's asleep :P

I've been doing Terraria, discussing pre-release Starbound things, and yesterday I uploaded a video about Cube World, which I am quite stoked about. In the future I'll be doing Spelunky, maybe Voxatron and other than these, I do hope to do Limbo and Dead Space as I improve my gear. I did an off-topic thread, which you can check here ;)

And thanks! The flute is my sixth instrument (excluding my voice). I pick up instruments quite easily so I'm kind of an instrument-%$£!, I guess you could say.

#98964 Insert Coin clothing might consider NiGHTS...

Posted by Utter Magic on 28 March 2012 - 05:17 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Well. This sounds interesting, maybe something could definitely could come out from this. I'm all up for it, nice!

#98962 Where you all been at lately?

Posted by Utter Magic on 28 March 2012 - 04:54 PM in Community Corner

Yeah, I check this forum regularly, but I head straight to the "View New Content" button. Usually there is nothing new and I have no new stuff to say so I just have to wait for something to happen! D:

#98959 Where you all been at lately?

Posted by Utter Magic on 28 March 2012 - 01:32 PM in Community Corner

This is indeed a forum where there are several activity waves...
Congratulations on the dog! :D What's its name? What about breed? I've had several pets over the years.

Well, I've been perusing other forums. I've started a gaming channel on YouTube where I've been talking about a couple of indie games. And I'm active in their forums as well. I've also been investing my time in the flute, which I picked up on September and, so far, it's going great!

#98952 ockpii's Channel of Gamingness!

Posted by Utter Magic on 28 March 2012 - 11:39 AM in Community Corner

Hello, everyone! I haven't said anything about this in these forums, so I thought I should do so just for the halibut.
So, here's the thing, I have a gaming channel on YouTube, which is called ockpii. I did the character myself. At the moment, I'm focusing more on Terraria and Starbound - both of the games being indie 2D side-scrollers. I do however have much more in store for a near and a not-so-distance future.

So, if you'd like to check it out, here it is!

Videos worth mentioning:
A video on Terraria's ammunition form
A video where I defeat a boss using an obscure weapon (Terraria)
And my first Discussing Starbound video - it contains all you need to know if you're interested in the game!

And that's pretty much it. I hope you enjoy it :D
Do let me know what you think of it and, if you're so inclined, do subscribe and like dem videos ;)

~ ockpii
~ Utter Magic

#98951 Concept: NiD Commemorative Controller

Posted by Utter Magic on 28 March 2012 - 11:34 AM in Creative Stuff!

Good gravy, I want this for my Saturn.. :D

#98919 Theme of a Tragedic Revenge

Posted by Utter Magic on 22 February 2012 - 04:10 PM in Poll Area

Real-Uh for the win.

#98899 Theme of a Tragedic Revenge

Posted by Utter Magic on 08 February 2012 - 07:06 PM in Poll Area

Many words are invented for video-games/movies/.... it's just how it is, it's not really a typo.

#98898 A new Visitor here

Posted by Utter Magic on 08 February 2012 - 07:04 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hello! Yeah, things are a bit slow at the moment, yes. But don't worry. We're all great folks here and even if there is few of us here, there's always something happening ;)
I'm also a big fan of behind-the-scene-ery stuff. On some occasions, it's precisely what I like the most.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, I'll see you around =)