Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Leedz's Content

There have been 43 items by Leedz (Search limited from 21-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#48270 My Dream Stamps

Posted by Leedz on 21 April 2008 - 04:37 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I can tell you that the Pian stamp doesn't have anything to do with mepians. I've yet to make a mepian in either NiGHTS game. @_@ I just don't have the coordination for it. Anyway, my point is that I have no mepians but I have the pian stamp. My pian and heart stamps appeared at the same time, but as I wasn't watching my journal too closely, I'm not positive WHEN it happened -- I just know I noticed it after I got maxxed out on pians at 80. Whether or not I noticed the stamps when they first appeared is debatable.

#48051 My Dream Stamps

Posted by Leedz on 20 April 2008 - 04:12 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

That... That wouldn't be funny. That beast would haunt my DREAMS. O_O The super pian already does.

"MONGO HUNGRY. FEED CHIPS. *LOOM* :B"
dreamer: D:>

Erm, back on topic... I think I read in another thread that the third stamp is a maren stamp. Anyone have any clues for obtaining that one? T_T I hate that I'll have to basically let them destroy my garden to get that one, if that is in fact what it is.

#47966 My Dream Stamps

Posted by Leedz on 19 April 2008 - 06:38 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I know that visiting doesn't have to do with getting the heart or pian stamps, because I have both and haven't visited or had visitors. All I've done is had a garden full of happy pians, and it did get maxxed out at one point. I don't have all A's either, but my grades are all at least C or higher.

#47328 Lots of My Dream questions

Posted by Leedz on 15 April 2008 - 06:43 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Naw, only in stages you can create mepians. As I've tried to explain by paralooping both or by a maren in ball form bashing/touching a pian.

Just thought it'd be important to point out that in the JoD strategy guide, it says (or at least implies) that mepians can be made in My Dream. Here's the passage that concerns it:

"If you decide that you no longer want to have a certain nightmaren in My Dream, you can get rid of it by hitting it with two blue chips, just as you would in any other situation. And because nightmaren occasionally destroy objects in My Dream, there's something to be said for controlling their numbers. However, the nightmaren also serve a purpose in My Dream. If a nightmaren and a nightopian collide with each other, they can form a completely new form of A-LIFE, which hatches form an egg. These unique forms of A-LIFE inherit the traits of their nightmaren and nightopian parents, and the results can be incredible!"

Granted that they don't SPECIFICALLY say the collision takes place in My Dream, but the passage does point to that given that they said that it was "purpose they serve" there. Maybe the guide's just inaccurate, as this is by Bradygames and not Sega themselves, but, just thought I'd bring it up.

#47325 Your Highest WORLD Rankings

Posted by Leedz on 15 April 2008 - 06:23 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Well, I don't post much around here, and I just discovered how to do world rankings tonight, soooo I thought I'd brag a little. My best rank isn't a single digit like most of you guys, but I think it's pretty damn good at least. My best score is in the second Donbalon battle.

World: Pure Valley
Boss: Donbalon (second battle)
Total Participants: 4,990

Like I said, not a single digit, but I still think that's pretty good considering how many I'm up against. Screenie to come when I decide to not be lazy.

#44233 Our fun day at SEGA in London!

Posted by Leedz on 19 March 2008 - 03:03 PM in Cosplay Zone

@_@ Oh, how I dearly wish I could've afforded to hop the pond. I would've LOVED to be there, even if my only video game-based costume IS of Black Mage. This is what I get for not finishing my Rouge costume, I just know it. KARMA, WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME?!

So glad you took all those pictures. Next best thing to being there, I suppose!

#41831 And... we're back

Posted by Leedz on 20 February 2008 - 03:10 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

As I just said like... a few hours ago in the 'goodbye' thread, I'm just so unbelievably relieved you guys are okay. <:3

#41815 The NiGHTS Storybook of Wonder

Posted by Leedz on 20 February 2008 - 06:35 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Wow. Looks like I'm a tish late finding this thread. But I'm always late around here; I find the forums oddly confusing, despite them being so straight-forward.

I'll admit I didn't read too much of this thread yet, especially since it's very late and I have to be getting to bed soon, but I guess I was compelled to comment because this brought back such a rush of memories from when we bought the book in the first place. I've got a lot of flashback images in my head right now of writing up fundraiser speeches, bidding on the auction, repeatedly crunching the numbers as donations came in, taking pictures of pretty packaging... Well, actually that's all secondary to when the book arrived in the mail at my house. I was like... afraid to touch it for a while, lol. I do remember that I spent a really long time just.. taking it all in. I think I very delicately went through it like 5 times before I finally snapped out of it and took photos for the forum to see. Think I also cracked a joke at one point about how everyone who donated got to "own a page".

If nothing else, I'm glad to see that this book is being so appreciated by the community as a whole, rather than just by TRiPPY alone. (Not that TRiPPY's happiness isn't just as important, but more love is always preferable.) It was a bit of a trick to orchestrate everything, but, this thread really makes me feel that it paid off. I'll definitely have to go back through here and read everyone's comments when I have more time and waking stamina.

I'm so happy everyone's enjoying the book. I want to say that I'm glad I could contribute to the site, but, it wasn't strictly MY contribution, as it could never have been afforded without the donations from the other people in the community. I suppose I'm really just glad I decided to take the chance and try, rather than doubt I could make the difference as usual. <:3 This thread's existance makes me glee. It's rewarding to see hard work paying off.

#41814 Bye for now guys

Posted by Leedz on 20 February 2008 - 06:02 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

I am so, so immensely relieved. I know it sounds like lukewarm sentiment, I'm just.... blanking out on words. Just so relieved. I've been worried like hell about you guys ever since I saw that notice on the .com index. I'm so glad I found this thread so I can know you're okay.

#32588 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Leedz on 28 December 2007 - 08:33 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

So I got JoD for Christmas. Which to me was freaking amazing, because I mistakenly thought it had gotten pushed back again and told my mom not to look for it.

As I'd gotten 7 (yes, 7) new games for Christmas, it took me until now to get to this one. I'd heard complaints about the controls... I'm guessing those complaints are centered around the Wiimote. I myself am using the classic controller.

My thoughts? X3 It's like riding a bike. You just don't forget!

#26245 NiGHTS Saturn 40% Beta

Posted by Leedz on 20 November 2007 - 11:27 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

MAN, AM I EVER LATE FOR THE PARTY.

I would've liked to contribute to this endeavor, but I'm always so out of the loop I only just now got this e-mail and found this topic. XD And here I feel like I should've been in here organizing this project because of the NiGHTS storybook from a couple years ago.

Ah well. I LOOK FORWARD TO THE SPOILS.

Also :D HI DiGi *WAVES D FLAG* HUG TRiP FOR ME.

#3388 The Unofficial NiD Chatroom

Posted by Leedz on 02 May 2007 - 05:26 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Man, reading all your steps for MiRC makes me glad I use XiRCON. It's only like one step getting there with my program, lol.

I used to hang around the NiD iRC all the time, but I haven't in the better part of a year. I'll start popping in again though if I know people are going to be around now.

#2532 What if there are voices?

Posted by Leedz on 29 April 2007 - 06:21 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

There really are some awesome voice actors out there. My favorite dubbing team EVER is the group that did Rurouni Kenshin. The actors in that usually do work together in a team in whatever they do, and they really get into the scenes they're acting. I can't STAND watching RK in Japanese because the English work is just so well done. x_x I always think about them whenever I'm watching or playing something with bad actors -- or a bad director. There are a lot of times when good actors are stifled by a bad director.

I'd most prefer that there be no set language if nothing else. If there must be dialogue I'd prefer it be gibberish + subtitles, as I mentioned in my last post. What I think might be the best middleground to please everyone, really would just be narration boxes. Something that'll explain plot points, but not spoken by any specific character. Cut scenes could be acted by the characters, and it could emphasize facial expression and body language. It'd also allow for the grunts, squeaks, cries, gibberish, and etc. that we all said we're interested in without having anyone actually speak. The characters exclaimed in the original game, and I don't think exclaimations are out of the question in this one, either. It's just having recognizable words that would take the magic away.

#2365 What if there are voices?

Posted by Leedz on 29 April 2007 - 04:02 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I've been hoping against voices as long as the idea of another NiGHTS has been around. I wouldn't mind it so much for the dreamers or anyone else in the waking world, but I'm against it for the maren. The maren speaking in their own sort of jibberish language is one of the things that makes the dreams dream-like; I realize that a lot of people have coherent dreams (myself among them), but whether that's a norm or not, we've ALL had those times in our dreams where we just KNEW something, whether it was logical or not. For some reason you could communicate with your dog, or for some reason you were in a life situation that was entirely NOT based on your life, but you already had all the information. And at least every once in a while you've encountered that person that was speaking nonsense but you knew exactly what they meant.

That's among the reasons why I've always appreciated that the maren only communicated in grunts, cries, surprised exclaimations, or indistinguished nonsense. It makes the emulated dream setting feel more like an actual dream, because it didn't have to rely on the rules of reality. It also kept things from being too set-in-stone, and allowed the wiggle room of imagination, which is what the entire story is supposed to be about in the first place. I'm not against sound all together, just logical sound in the form of coherent language. I'd most prefer the random jibberish we saw in the first game with scrolling text at the bottom.

#2317 Puffy Perplexion

Posted by Leedz on 29 April 2007 - 02:39 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Cant say blacked out becuase its too scary for children XD

Soccer moms and neo-conservatives: IT'S ALSO RACIST *START FILING LAWSUITS*

#2300 NiGHTS' new look

Posted by Leedz on 29 April 2007 - 01:59 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Dude, "pleasantly dainty". That's EXACTLY what the new look is. XD THANK YOU FOR FINALLY PINPOINTING THE ADJECTIVES.

#2278 NiGHTS' new look

Posted by Leedz on 29 April 2007 - 01:08 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I liked the Mickey Mouse buttons. D:

(even though I've got no fragging clue what they're for)

To make a face out of his crotch, according to Deebs.

#2275 Puffy Perplexion

Posted by Leedz on 29 April 2007 - 01:03 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Pah, you silly mortals. Don't you realize what these things are really signs of?

The apocolypse.

*nods solemnly*

I'd love to work on this myself, but I'm actually not that great at most video games. XD And I'm even worse at bosses. Mreep.

#2274 NiGHTS' new look

Posted by Leedz on 29 April 2007 - 12:58 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I for one am immensely RELIEVED over NiGHTS' redesign. Even those that don't like it have to admit that the designers showed a LOT of restraint in what they added and deleted. The changes, for the most part, are fairly subtle. When I first heard that NiGHTS got a makeover, I was immediately dreading seeing the new design. When I finally did, I was very, very pleasantly surprised. It's updated, but it still caries the spirit of his character and doesn't take his look sharply off the beaten path. It's fair. At this time, I don't prefer one design over the other.

But I will say that I'm absolutely DELIGHTED that the freakin' Mickey Mouse buttons are gone.

#2167 good god o_o

Posted by Leedz on 28 April 2007 - 07:07 PM in Introduce Yourself

HOI, SA-CHAN! *FLYING TACKLE HUG OF DOOM*

#1994 Kitty Lives!

Posted by Leedz on 28 April 2007 - 04:52 AM in Introduce Yourself

Oh my god, a sighting of the wild Tenten! *photographs for the Discovery Channel*

#1992 ...It's 2 years ago. MY TIME MACHINE WORKS!

Posted by Leedz on 28 April 2007 - 04:51 AM in Introduce Yourself

When I finally get those rocket shoes.

*GROUP HUGS NEW COMMENTORS*

#1959 NiGHTS' new forms?

Posted by Leedz on 28 April 2007 - 04:02 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

*face smack*

Yeah, I totally misread "forms" as "forums". Ignore me, I'm tired.

#1957 Odd Things About NiGHTS

Posted by Leedz on 28 April 2007 - 04:00 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

1) If you inch toward the Ideya Palace and let NiGHTS get close enough to reach his hand out to you, if you jump backwarsds, sometimes he slams his head into the force field and kicks around holding his head in pain.

BAH, you beat me to the punch, Purg! This was something I had listed in a similar thread at the old forums, and when I saw this thread I was going to post it here. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! </Vader>

Actually I had a couple others that I listed with this way back in my original post, but as it's late and my belly hurts, my brainmeats are a little fried. x_x I'll remember and post them tomorrow.

#1952 The one of many nicknames.

Posted by Leedz on 28 April 2007 - 03:56 AM in Introduce Yourself

*waves like an out-of-place tourist*