Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Thom's Content

There have been 30 items by Thom (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#54982 ENTRIES NOW CLOSED FOR DRAW.

Posted by Thom on 23 June 2008 - 03:11 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

I think I'm more interested in watching this video than winning anything. :D

#54981 So, those KH titles.

Posted by Thom on 23 June 2008 - 03:05 PM in Community Corner

The Keyblade just doesn't seem so special anymore if a ton of different people can have one.

There has always been three people. Where's this "a ton of different people?"

I know you like the idea of the vast and over complicated story development that takes 10 pages to write about...but thats a FF aspect and not a Disney one.

Kinda the opposite, actually. The blatant Disney influence/inspiration in the story is what makes it interesting.

Yes this game was done by Square Enix and has FF characters in it. But the main point of the game were the Disney characters. Playing a RPG about all these characters is was amazing. But now Square Enix influence is becoming more and more recognizable.

If anything, Disney is becoming more and more prominent. Nostalgia from the first game is what you're missing.

The kind of atmosphere I get from some of Disney realms in KH2 felt very wrong to me.

As I said.

I know Disney movies can get a bit dark too but this is a bit much. Especially with Micky. (God When I first saw him dressed in that black cloak....I was just stunned. It was something so out of place and so wrong to me.) Then we got something that has nothing to do with Disney and its starting to envelope the entire story plot.

It's an original game, not "fight with Disney characters in a Disney plot with some other random characters." Of course it has to has its own originality. And it should envelop the plot - it IS the plot.

There is nothing wrong with FF. There is nothing wrong with what they are doing. But some people will hate it and turn away from it. Its all personally opinion. It is true that the majority (I think) want this series storyline and such but some of us that fell in love with the magic the first game had are disappointed.

Oh, there's PLENTY wrong with FF. Not a good series on the whole. However, what they're doing is what they should be. You can't make a successful series based off of nostalgia.

#54253 So I was thinking of getting a Saturn.

Posted by Thom on 13 June 2008 - 03:03 PM in Community Corner

Albert Odyssey.
>_>

#54208 How did you find nightsintodreams.com?

Posted by Thom on 13 June 2008 - 05:01 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

All of a sudden I was like "Dude, I should get NiGHTS," and started to try to look it up. I just randomly put in "nightsintodreams.com" up in the ol' address bar and found myself there. I lurked around the boards/site for a while after making an account, and then finally immersed myself in the community.

God, I miss the old IRC chats. :[

AND THE CAMHO TOPICS. D: D: D:

#54206 Fave Sonic Character

Posted by Thom on 13 June 2008 - 04:59 AM in Community Corner

Knuckles. I absolutely loved playing him way back when I was like, 5 or 6 on my brother's friend's Genesis. >_>

#54204 So, those KH titles.

Posted by Thom on 13 June 2008 - 04:58 AM in Community Corner

ah... I see... well, regardless, it still feels like too many people can wield a keyblade... i still don't get why Riku can, all of a sudden, wield a keyblade... and Kairi as well... but your right, its merely my opinion...

Riku was supposed to have it to begin with remember? He finally regained that ability. And why Kairi had one is still up in the air. Most think it was just a "fake," or a temporary sort of thing, akin to Sora when he dual wields.

It's been said that there's one Keyblade per qualified heart. That's three as of KH2. Sora, Mickey, and Riku. *shrug*

As for BbS looking too much like Final Fantasy and not enough Disney... well, the story's supposed to be pretty different, stylistically. However, there've been shots of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and suggestedly Snow White, so it looks like more classic Disney tales will be visited.
And, considering the change of writers since KH2 [they're using the CoM writers now], it'll probably turn out much, much better for people wanting more atmosphere from their Disney worlds.

I don't mean to act aggressively towards people who have been disappointed, but really... especially if you thought KH2 was bad, BbS seems more and more like the game to look into, if you ask me.

#54191 So, those KH titles.

Posted by Thom on 13 June 2008 - 02:29 AM in Community Corner

Never liked Under the Sea?

Heresy!

And yes, Atlantica totally blew.

...I kinda thought it was worse in KH1. Swimming is the devil.

#54155 So, those KH titles.

Posted by Thom on 12 June 2008 - 10:40 PM in Community Corner

You people have the most petty gripes.

What the hell happened to the Disney aspect. Its turning way too much into a Final Fantasy story.

That's what it's been along; you just feel nostalgic from the first time you played KH. I feel the same way. But, in terms of story quality and atmosphere, it's remained the same, if not better.
As for CoM... replay that and tell me the writing isn't miles ahead of KH/2.

And as for the new leaked trailer... ugh... first off, why do they need to move about so much as they talk and make so many gestures with their hands? It just looks... weird... seriously.

You mean, they don't do this in just about every other game? Yeah, it looks kinda funny. But it adds emphasis to what they're saying. People do it all the time in real life.

Secondly, Mickey looks SO out of place, it's not even funny...

And that's your opinion. Given your knowledge of what's going on, you'd probably be more inclined to have that opinion, too.

And third, is it just me? Or is EVERYONE wielding a keyblade now?

The game takes place ten years before the first. Different situation, etc. Holy smokes, story development!

I will apologize to you all that the series hasn't remained exactly the same since its first try. It's evolving, as it should. Fair enough?

#53412 So, those KH titles.

Posted by Thom on 06 June 2008 - 03:55 PM in Community Corner

What what!

Leaked trailer? Oh yes.

#53411 The World Ends [or Begins] With You.

Posted by Thom on 06 June 2008 - 03:53 PM in Community Corner

I'm so lame.

I ordered five home-made pins based off these from Ebay. :(

#52078 The World Ends [or Begins] With You.

Posted by Thom on 25 May 2008 - 02:48 AM in Community Corner

Gotta say, this is probably one of the best games S-E's put out in a looooong time. ...And that might be because it's entirely fresh and not influenced by Final Fantasy in any way, shape, or form.

But the style is so unique and awesome [:D], and the gameplay is pretty damn addictive.

Hoo boy.

So yeah.

Thoughts!

#52076 THE GREAT NiGHTS GiVEAWAY!

Posted by Thom on 25 May 2008 - 01:32 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Yeah, we already mentioned that we're gonna film this like a lotto-draw style event, lol. XD

And we'll be drawing the names out of the NiGHTS hat that TRiPPY made for her cosplay. :D

Omg yes.

[this is what I get for skimming, btw]

I'm stoked.

You jerks and your automated emails got me "back" in this community! Damn you all!

...I love you.

#52054 THE GREAT NiGHTS GiVEAWAY!

Posted by Thom on 24 May 2008 - 09:49 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

*sgnarl*

:E

Dude, you better take pictures and/or video of this hat drawing. :D

I'd pay money to see what humongo hat this yields! Holy lawd.

#51954 THE GREAT NiGHTS GiVEAWAY!

Posted by Thom on 23 May 2008 - 11:41 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

yeah... those guys :angry:

Who, me?

#41012 Free Flight NiGHTS

Posted by Thom on 11 February 2008 - 05:45 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Ecco: Defender of the Future, anyone?

#35263 Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Posted by Thom on 12 January 2008 - 06:35 PM in Community Corner

How this game could not be amazing is beyond me.

BioWare is gawd.

#33950 Top 5 non NiGHTS games!

Posted by Thom on 03 January 2008 - 10:16 PM in Community Corner

1. Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix + [including Re:CoM]
2. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
3. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
4. DDR Series [DDRMAX and Extreme 2 specifically]
5. Hmm... probably Phoenix Wright series.

#33945 Another NiGHTS

Posted by Thom on 03 January 2008 - 10:11 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

I certainly hope NiGHTS isn't tied into Sonic Riders Zero Gravity's storyline. >_>

Hm...

Probably 360/PS3 shindig?

I really have no clue. :D

#33872 Sales?

Posted by Thom on 03 January 2008 - 05:39 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Eh, they've got plenty of internet ads, that's for sure.

And comparing it to Super Mario Galaxy is pretty harsh. <_<

Regardless, that stat is pretty sad to see. Bad sales here definitely aren't going to convince Sega of a demand for a NiD PS2 port over the sea. :P

#33381 Sales?

Posted by Thom on 01 January 2008 - 09:47 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I was under the impression that it was doing pretty well here. Most people I know with a Wii got one, and I see a lot of people in various online communities with the game.

Mayhaps I have a poor demographic vision.

#33157 NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams Music

Posted by Thom on 31 December 2007 - 08:34 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Dream Gate is ultimate win.

And I got chills when I heard both NiGHTS and Reala versions, along with Bellbridge 1 and 2. ^_^

Ahhh.

#26047 NiGHTS into Dreams for PS2

Posted by Thom on 20 November 2007 - 06:53 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Lol at calling the PS2 a crap console, considering its success in nearly all aspects.

And I'd be damn stoked for not only NiGHTS on VC, but Saturn games in general.

Sega best push for it.

Regardless, though, I'm stoked for this.

#23637 Possibly the best ds game of 08

Posted by Thom on 04 November 2007 - 11:35 PM in Community Corner

Rofl, oh god...

Yeah, S-E is smarter than to turn KH into something like Mario or Sonic. 358/2 Days is more of a... well, an important side-story. Starts during KH1 and ends right before KH2. Also, I'm betting that 14th member is related to Aqua. :D
Otherwise I don't see the game tying in to KH3 like Nomura says it will.

Unless there's to be a lot of Roxas/Ven action.

Either way, get this game for the Orgy multiplayer.
Woo.

#23561 Possibly the best ds game of 08

Posted by Thom on 04 November 2007 - 07:02 AM in Community Corner

If it builds up the upcoming portion of the main story, I don't think of it as a spinoff.

If it had nothing to do with the main story and was an entirely stand-alone game, I'd call it a spinoff.

And yes, all three of these new titles all lead up to whatever KH3 will be.

#18417 So, those KH titles.

Posted by Thom on 27 September 2007 - 04:27 AM in Community Corner

http://kh-2.net/?nav=49658

HEEEEEEEEEE