Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

whatabout_paul's Content

There have been 17 items by whatabout_paul (Search limited from 24-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#53014 Sonic Heroes

Posted by whatabout_paul on 02 June 2008 - 05:14 PM in Community Corner

It wasn't the best 3D Sonic game but I enjoyed playing through it as all the characters. It was good and just seeing the triple threat running along together was greatness.

#44370 Sega Superstars Tennis

Posted by whatabout_paul on 20 March 2008 - 10:48 PM in Community Corner

Anyone get this yet? I picked it up today and it's quite good. I've not played Virtua Tennis 3 to compare but it’s more fun than the first Virtua Tennis which I remember from the Dreamcast. The courts are amazing and it’s great seeing the Sega characters flail about trying desperately to hit the balls. Eggman is a favourite with his super move being really awesome. Metal Sonic makes a cameo appearance. Haven’t unlocked NiGHTS level yet or Reala but can’t wait.

#36925 The next Nights SOUNDTRACK!

Posted by whatabout_paul on 21 January 2008 - 10:12 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Greatness. Mine came through the post today too. Quite quick to say it came from Japan and all. I'm not to the end of the game yet and don't want to spoil some of the music but I had to play "NiGHTS and Reala" and danced around with glee. Oh, Donbalon's music is ace and the 'Hard' version is quite cool too... especially towards the end.

#35998 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by whatabout_paul on 16 January 2008 - 11:19 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Thought of the day:

GLEEEEE

#35987 After 11 years

Posted by whatabout_paul on 16 January 2008 - 10:20 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

This thread is being hijacked due to the release of NiGHTS in the UK. So there are two days to go but some copies are already in the wild... like in my hands! Bwahaha. I don't know how to explain what I think of the game but I like it. It's not like the first game for sure but basically the main missions are great fun. I think I realised how much fun I was having when I found myself flying through the first level with my mouth wide open. Anyway UK peeps, not long to go now!

#35982 UK Release Date for JoD

Posted by whatabout_paul on 16 January 2008 - 10:09 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I got it! Over 11 years and I managed to get the game two days early, mwahaha. We need like an EU thoughts and opinions thread. It's... odd. I don't know how to explain it but I know I like the game. Anyway, lets see when other people get it.

#34163 Sega Superstars Tennis

Posted by whatabout_paul on 04 January 2008 - 10:10 PM in Community Corner

I'll probably get this, it being a high profile Sega game and all but I don't know for which system. The Wii might be more fun to play but I want to see the environments and characters in the best detail possible which is pushing me in the direction of the 360.

#34162 UK Release Date for JoD

Posted by whatabout_paul on 04 January 2008 - 10:07 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I thought it was 18th Jan anyway, or so it has said on GameFAQs for an age and they are usually reliable about this sort of stuff. I’m cautiously optimistic that it should be out in two weeks time. Just have to warn the girlfriend that she might be getting neglected round about then.

#28776 Incredible NiGHTS T-shirts from King of Games

Posted by whatabout_paul on 05 December 2007 - 06:39 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

How do you buy it? It won't fit me but I want it anyway. How, how, hoooow?

#20335 Smash Bros Brawl

Posted by whatabout_paul on 10 October 2007 - 09:57 PM in Community Corner

In the end: Sonic is sooo screwed XD
(Sonic Vs. Mario & Nintendo's Allstars)

(Sonic Fanboy response) No chance. Sonic will kick all their arses before they even know whats happened!

#20332 Smash Bros Brawl

Posted by whatabout_paul on 10 October 2007 - 09:38 PM in Community Corner

!!! What the hell !!! I'm excited now. I saw the pictures, then the trailer and I laughed and laughed. Sonic in Brawl, that’s an inspired move. What makes me laugh is that Nintendo seem to have captured the essence of Sonic better than Sega has managed to do for the past few years. The old school sound effects, the springs, the balancing on a ledge and the attitude; It’s all perfect. Suddenly this is my most wanted game.

#17761 NiGHTS JoD Offscreen video from TGS!

Posted by whatabout_paul on 21 September 2007 - 11:45 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

All my fears about this game have been alleviated watching the videos. The levels have much more going on in them than the early videos showed, the graphics look better, the HUD is ace and the whole getting keys from birds thing isn't bad looking at all. I don’t really want to see too much more as not to ruin it for me. There’s nothing worse than watching someone play NiGHTS badly though. You just want to smack them and grab hold of the Wiimote yourself.

#17071 Sonic Rush Adventure

Posted by whatabout_paul on 15 September 2007 - 10:13 PM in Community Corner

It came out in the UK on Friday but I managed to nab a copy on Wednesday a teensy few days early. I'm half way through and it's really entertaining me. I know what you all mean about the music and being honest it’s not as good in this game but the game play is better. No longer can you hurtle into bottomless pits with frightening ease and the trick system and level layout is vastly improved. There are several routs through the level usually attained by using the tricks.

I love the Boost system and how you can run through enemies. They aren’t placed so cheaply which was my main point of frustration with the Advance games. You were almost afraid to run fast for fear of tripping over enemies or being guided into spikes. As long as your doing tricks often and boosting you’re more or less safe.

The bosses are better than the first game and the story isn’t too bad either. There are a handful of proper 3D cut scenes dotted about the place too, I was amazed. Plus the boating bit isn’t frustrating, whatever craft you happen to be using.

It's about 10x better than Sonic for 360/PS3

#16771 Sonic Rush Adventure

Posted by whatabout_paul on 13 September 2007 - 11:05 PM in Community Corner

Sonic Rush is widely agreed to be one of the best Sonic games of recent times thanks to it’s focus on speed, lack of playable characters and fantastic soundtrack. When I heard about Sonic Rush Adventure and the touch screen sailing shenanigans it was to employ I got rather worried. Well I managed to get the game on Wednesday and am 4 levels and some bonus missions in and I’m having a great time! The first thing to surprise me was a proper 3D cut scene. They are few and far between but the fact that they are there at all astounded me. The music probably isn’t as god as a the last game but the game play is. There seems to be less cheap pit deaths but I fully expect them to become more frequent in later levels.

The thing that’s surprised me the most is that the boating bits with the touch screen aren’t that bad. In fact I’m having great fun just sailing around the place looking for secret island or races against ’Johnny’. You’re forced to sail very little… only really to reach new places to progress the plot but you can explore as much as you like.

I’m nowhere near having the game beat but already I can’t wait for another blast through.

Any of you guys got it?

#16763 New trailer tonight

Posted by whatabout_paul on 13 September 2007 - 10:57 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Bah. Reala looks great. The fact Wizeman is behind him makes that brief look of him even better. It sounds like this is the trailer Niraven was talking about. Damn I’m excited. As good as the FMV looks I’m a tiny bit scared about the barren looking levels. I’m hoping it’s still from an early build but you can’t tell with these things. Really though I am excited.

#10350 New info

Posted by whatabout_paul on 07 August 2007 - 08:58 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Reala was a no brainer but it's still good to hear than he's making a return. As for voices... as long as it's not anything like Cream from Sonic I'll be happy. You know, like an adult pretending to do a childs voice. Ugh.

#9513 GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!

Posted by whatabout_paul on 10 July 2007 - 10:58 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I don't want to get too excited unless it turns out to be horrid but DAMn it's looking good so far. Ok, so it's an early build, there's no HUD and not even any music but it's NiGHTS! It looks like NiGHTS, sounds like NiGHTS and actually could be some fun. The only negative I'm going to throw in is the sound going through the rings isn't quite right! or it doesn't play the same tune as in the first.